QF71: Cycle Five: The Unknown Heretic

Exasperated, the priests of Hopeteacher had detained each member of Dawntrue’s court individually and thoroughly questioned them. They were resolved to handle things sensibly and get swift results. The only problem was, they were getting conflicting narratives. Some people highlighted Cash or Weaver as the main culprits. Others swore up and down that it was Tua. It was difficult to make a decision.

In the end, those in charge of the investigation decided evidence seemed to support Tua’s guilt. Those of a more cynical persuasion whispered that it was a decision of expedience more than anything. They wanted a scapegoat to show the public. Tua was executed in the streets of T’Telir to thunderous applause. The other Returned and all their priests eagerly announced that Dawntrue had been avenged and that everybody was safe again.

Not everyone was eager to celebrate, however. After the execution, the members of Dawntrue’s household rooted through Tua’s things, and never found any hard evidence that Tua was anything but a faithful priest. And there was the new Returned. Ravebringer the Undead, or sometimes Dodior the Ravenant. He believed that Tua had been innocent, even if the other Returned were dismissive.

Those who remained eyed each other warily, knowing their conflict was not yet finished.

It was only at this point that they noticed that Aeternum was missing. They found the body crumpled on the floor in a gallery of still life paintings. Curiously, the physicians insisted that this death was unique out of all of them. Aeternum had died of natural causes. The official cause of death was recorded as "lack of sleep."

The Unknown Ajah has died! He was a Priest!
Aeternum has died! They were a Priest!

Vote Tally
The Unknown Ajah (3)
: Cash67, Quivil, Weaver of Lies

Cash67 (2): Aeternum, The Unknown Ajah
Weaver of Lies (1): Wierdo

The turn will end in a little shy of 24 hours.

Participants

1. Aeoryi Priest
2. Aeternum Priest
3. Archer - Double the Dead Priest
4. @Cash67
5. Kasimir - Ias, a Salmon Enthusiast Priest
6. Kidpen - Tethan Priest
7. RoyalBeeMage Heretic
8. Spark of Hope -> @Quivil
9. The Unknown Ajah Priest
10. @TheRavenHasLanded Ravebringer the Undead AKA Dodior the Ravenant
11. @Weaver of Lies
12. @Wierdo

Edited by DrakeMarshall
writeup

It makes sense.

TUA/Cash are V/E and TUA flipped V, so clearly Cash is Elim. At this point he's just openwolfing in thread.

Weaver isn't following the plan to flip Cash, and Wierdo is, so clearly Weaver isn't acting in the village's interest - we as the village CANNOT vote for different people or we die.

Also, Cash is voting Wierdo, and saying it won't be a coinflip exe if one of the villagers switches to voting Wierdo. Thus, the elims are the two people currently (and permanently, likely) voting on Wierdo.

1 minute ago, Quivil said:

It makes sense.

TUA/Cash are V/E and TUA flipped V, so clearly Cash is Elim. At this point he's just openwolfing in thread.

Weaver isn't following the plan to flip Cash, and Wierdo is, so clearly Weaver isn't acting in the village's interest - we as the village CANNOT vote for different people or we die.

Also, Cash is voting Wierdo, and saying it won't be a coinflip exe if one of the villagers switches to voting Wierdo. Thus, the elims are the two people currently (and permanently, likely) voting on Wierdo.

i mean, thats fair. and what if someone switches to another player eod? what happens then? will there be enough time to pivot?

As long as Wierdo and I stay on Cash like the villagers are supposed to, the only vote switching happening will be elim vote switching, which would doom them, so they won't do that. They'll take their coinflip at a win same as I would like us to.

4 minutes ago, Quivil said:

As long as Wierdo and I stay on Cash like the villagers are supposed to, the only vote switching happening will be elim vote switching, which would doom them, so they won't do that. They'll take their coinflip at a win same as I would like us to.

ok then, sounds interesting.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Drake, it appears as though we have gotten to a standstill @DrakeMarshall

Perhaps, perhaps.

Do you think I should call it early?

...we could make this a bit more fun, you know. Instead of a coin toss, I could make Cash and Wierdo duel to the death. :)

I won't do such things unless people agree to it, though.

It is still possible that vote movements might occur, after all. :)

(oh also the writeup is up)

Edited by DrakeMarshall

Just now, DrakeMarshall said:

Perhaps, perhaps.

...we could make this a bit more fun, you know. Instead of a coin toss, I could make Cash and Wierdo duel to the death. :)

How do people  duel?

9 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Perhaps, perhaps.

I’d be ok with ending early 

8 minutes ago, Weaver of Lies said:

How do people  duel?

What is the duel and who chooses the weapon?

Should you assent to a duel, the weapon of choice is SWORDS, the location is RIGHT HERE, and the ending condition is TO THE FINAL DEATH.

...in other words, I will be making up a lil minigame to resolve things instead of it being a coin toss, although the odds will still ultimately be 50/50, there is no mechanical benefit, it's just, possibly more fun :P

DUELING RULES:tm:

Spoiler

You have 3 locations to defend: Low, High, and Center

You have 3 movements to assign, 1 to each location:

lunge - strike that location on the opponent, if successful the opponent is wounded
guard - if the opponent strikes here, you are not wounded
riposte - if the opponent strikes here, you are not wounded, and they are

We will do multiple exchanges, each exchange you submit your fighting strategy to me in your GM PM

We keep doing this until one side pulls ahead by 2 wounds

That team wins, the other dies

or we can allow the cycle to resolve naturally via the winds of fortune!! :ph34r:

so what'll it be

3 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Should you assent to a duel, the weapon of choice is SWORDS, the location is RIGHT HERE, and the ending condition is TO THE FINAL DEATH.

...in other words, I will be making up a lil minigame to resolve things instead of it being a coin toss, although the odds will still ultimately be 50/50, there is no mechanical benefit, it's just, possibly more fun :P

DUELING RULES:tm:

Reveal hidden contents

You have 3 locations to defend: Low, High, and Center

You have 3 movements to assign, 1 to each location:

lunge - strike that location on the opponent, if successful the opponent is wounded
guard - if the opponent strikes here, you are not wounded
riposte - if the opponent strikes here, you are not wounded, and they are

We will do multiple exchanges, each exchange you submit your fighting strategy to me in your GM PM

We keep doing this until one side pulls ahead by 2 wounds

That team wins, the other dies

or we can allow the cycle to resolve naturally via the winds of fortune!! :ph34r:

so what'll it be

I’m ok with duel. @Wierdo?

Well, I'll tell you what.

If you want to go through with it, submit your orders for the first sword exchange.

If you do not, then it defaults to the rules as written, which are RNG, and that's perfectly okay too.

(One possible example of what those orders might look like:

Spoiler

thrust high

block low

riposte center

Also, I will allow it if either side wants to name a champion to fight on their behalf in one or more exchanges