Eerongal origins

Satsuoni

So, yes, the chatroom. Many interesting things can be discovered there.

For example, some time ago (yesterday or so), me and Sweetness were talking, when we have observed a strange behavior of Eerongal. He first stopped responding after rejoining, then a copy of her appeared and started pretended to be him, then devoured the unmoving corpse of Eerongal and became him before dying again. So we have discussed this and came out with a theory, that I think deserves to be shared for posterity here.

First, it should be noted that strange rumors has surrounded Eerongal before. Many people has independently noted (yes, I have noted it by myself, without reading Peter's mention) that Eero appear to be a girl, whether a girlfriend of Eeron, or a gyaru named Eeron for whatever reason.

Then there is his (or her?) Member Title: Admiral Wolverine Lightningbolt, which I now believe refers partially to Eero's life history.

So, this is Eero's story, as reconstructed by me and Sweetness.

Eeron was and admiral of a small fleet on Scadrial, that by experimenting with a mix of Hemalurgy and Allomancy gained the ability to constantly heal at sporadically accelerated rate without expending gold (although not at the level of the full gold compounder). Somebody (probably Hoid) has called him Wolverine for that ability, and the nickname partially stuck.

Once, he was caught out in the sea by a horrible storm. Thoroughly drenched by the salt water, he was hit by the lightning right in the pewter spike, and drowned, half-burned. While his ability and spikes did not allow him to completely die, he did regenerate slowly enough to allow his body to rot, and he did lose consciousness for quite a while. When his half-corpse was washed ashore, a female Mistwraith was attracted to the delightful smell of half-rotten meat, and started to devour him, absorbing the spikes in the process, and gaining sentience. The process of being dissolved awakened Eeron from his slumber. However, the fact that his spikes were shared with a mistwraith has caused partial loss of memory and sanity, as well as merging of their souls, resulting in creation of combined consciousness in, essentially , two joined bodies. The resulting creature remembered that it was an admiral, a wolverine, and something about Lightningbolt, also, that it was a gal, despite appearing male (newborn kandra assumed the form of the corpse), thus taking the name Eerongal.

Its original body could still regenerate, and still rot. Also, the kandra part could temporarily exist separately (taking a loan of his other spikes), creating a clone body, but was always drawn back to the delicious, constantly replenishing rotten meat source (and the other half of the soul).

So there you have it - EeronGal is a symbiosis of a Hemalurgic zombie and a kandra.

(I hope the reconstruction was largely correct. Correct me if I am wrong)

What would lighting do to a Hemalurgic spike?

What if it was lighting from a Highstorm?

Melt it into a body. Also, the spike serves as a lightning rod, increasing the probability of a hit. Ask EeronGal for details.

Dunno about the Highstorm, but I'd say the lightning part of it is just the same as an ordinary one.

• Chaos locked this topic