The Hunger Games Chat Thread

12 minutes ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

I have a character idea I like a lot :D

Awesome! Hold on to it, maybe write it down. I can't wait to see it!

9 minutes ago, Experience said:

I'm on the GM list, right? I should be at least. If I'm not kindly please add me :).

I will check.

Er... have @SmilingPanda19 check.

1 hour ago, Experience said:

I'm on the GM list, right? I should be at least. If I'm not kindly please add me :).

Yep! You are on!

1 hour ago, Aeoryi said:

Make it say no without making it sound like no 101

Tbh I'm not a big fan of this. I could probably even quote 2+ posts that directly contradict this, but okay look I could bring up over 20 reasons right now that make me feel irritated about this, but I'm not going to. But I will say this much: this is basically like the fadran thing and I'm still not over that yet. 

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Experience said:

I feel like we should have a thread that's just a summary of the plot of previous hunger games so new people can more easily integrate. Especially GM plot (partly cuz it's so darn good).

Heehee we're actually working on that (@Lord Spirit, thanks for suggesting it) we just also want to put in a little bit about who the GM's will be for the next games, so it'll be a few days as we're figuring out characters and the like.

6 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

Heehee we're actually working on that (@Lord Spirit, thanks for suggesting it) we just also want to put in a little bit about who the GM's will be for the next games, so it'll be a few days as we're figuring out characters and the like.

Im WoRkIng oN iT-

We have a lot of things we want to add to the HG now.

Yeah, I created a document (17th Shard Hunger Games History Book) to create a summary of the games and track some other information. However, I don't have a great memory and am not great at writing, so if people wanted to add information about what they remember it would make this a lot easier. Add your story and contribute what you can. it doesn't have to be post by post. It's a summary.

8 minutes ago, Lord Spirit said:

Yeah, I created a document (17th Shard Hunger Games History Book) to create a summary of the games and track some other information. However, I don't have a great memory and am not great at writing, so if people wanted to add information about what they remember it would make this a lot easier. Add your story and contribute what you can. it doesn't have to be post by post. It's a summary.

Has this been put in a thread? Cause I can put it in something if you want.

22 minutes ago, Lord Spirit said:

Sweet! I'll make this an excuse to read through past games so yay!

13 minutes ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

It's the first time I saw it at least.

I feel like an intro to 17s hunger games pinned to the top of the subforum would be a good idea so anyone new can just go straight to that, and can probably include this doc.

Also is there anyway to reorder the locked threads? Because they're out of order of when the games happened (I think because it's sorted by latest post)

12 minutes ago, Experience said:

Sweet! I'll make this an excuse to read through past games so yay!

It's the first time I saw it at least.

I feel like an intro to 17s hunger games pinned to the top of the subforum would be a good idea so anyone new can just go straight to that, and can probably include this doc.

Also is there anyway to reorder the locked threads? Because they're out of order of when the games happened (I think because it's sorted by latest post)

I shall see what I can do with my godlike mod powers.

It would appear that I have to post in each one to change it.

Do you want me to do that?

3 minutes ago, Invisible said:

I shall see what I can do with my godlike mod powers.

It would appear that I have to post in each one to change it.

Do you want me to do that?

I mean it's not really that important. Like it doesn't really matter to me, but I feel like it might be slightly confusing for newcomers. Honestly, if all new hunger games are locked as they finished that would fix the issue as the old ones will basically be buried anyways.

So it's up to you really if it matters enough to go through the effort.

9 minutes ago, Experience said:

I mean it's not really that important. Like it doesn't really matter to me, but I feel like it might be slightly confusing for newcomers. Honestly, if all new hunger games are locked as they finished that would fix the issue as the old ones will basically be buried anyways.

So it's up to you really if it matters enough to go through the effort.

Boom.

Organized.

1 hour ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

That might be a good idea. it would help people who are joining who don't have time to read all 350+ pages of the previous games.

4 minutes ago, Lord Spirit said:

That might be a good idea. it would help people who are joining who don't have time to read all 350+ pages of the previous games.

Thanks so much for doing this, we're working on adding a summary as well as GM intros to an intro post!

Im constructing the intro post

any and all ideas are good ones so throw them at me!

(The “How to Navigate the Complex and Chaotic Hunger Games Sub-forum” thread will be separate from this)

Intro thread  will include:

GM intros - sharders

GM intros - ocs

The complex doc on HG history

Gamemaker Wait list??? (In no particular order)

Dates and stuff for upcoming games