Era 7: The Revival

Koloss17

3 hours ago, Ookla of Ravens said:

"im the night guard, im taking care of it." Sonyr growls. He paces for a second, then sighs. "damn, this is annoying."

Asylum smiled. “Well if that’s the case me and my daughter will get going.” they motioned to Eza and started walking towards the exit. Somthing is off, they thought as they reached the door.

@Lunamor @Ookla the Windwhisperer

2 minutes ago, Ookla of whimsy said:

Asylum smiled. “Well if that’s the case me and my daughter will get going.” they motioned to Eza and started walking towards the exit. Somthing is off, they thought as they reached the door.

@Lunamor @Ookla the Windwhisperer

Eza followed, growing more paranoid with each step. She kept silent and tried to hide her face as well as possible, but that was difficult in the middle of an inn.

She continued to scan for any sort of movement. Eza wanted to sprint outside, take off running, but that would draw far too much attention. She began to step outside into the cold.

Perses was growing tired of trying to find a way into this safe. There was no obvious marks on the buttons, and no easy way to pry the blasted thing free.

You can always use the powers we gave you, the voices whispered.

Feeling his adrenaline spike, Perses burned steel, picked up a coin, and pushed. One thing about aluminum is that it is not very hard to break.

With a large clang, the aluminum chipped. Of course, the actual safe was solid steel. 

Double great.

Holding on to the walls of the shaft, Perses pulled with his iron at the opening in the aluminum, hoping the lid would break before his arms did. After the ear-splitting strain of metal, the safe’s door launched off of its hinges. Losing his balance, Perses instinctively tapped his balancemind. The vault lid clattered to the ground, with Perses stabilizing with a soft thud. The air reeked of dust and metal.

Probing the inside of the vault, Perses found what he was looking for. A cloth pouch, with eight small beads inside. Opening the pouch, he felt the smooth surface of an atium bead in his hand. 

He was rich.

@Lunamor, @Ookla of Ravens, @Ookla of whimsy

Edited by Ookla the Windwhisperer

13 minutes ago, Ookla the Windwhisperer said:

Perses was growing tired of trying to find a way into this safe. There was no obvious marks on the buttons, and no easy way to pry the blasted thing free.

Feeling his adrenaline spike, Perses burned steel, picked up a coin, and pushed. One thing about aluminum is that it is not very hard to break.

With a large clang, the aluminum chipped. Of course, the actual safe was solid steel. 

Double great.

Holding on to the walls of the shaft, Perses pulled with his iron at the opening in the aluminum, hoping the lid would break before his arms did. After the ear-splitting strain of metal, the safe’s door launched off of its hinges. Losing his balance, Perses instinctively tapped his balancemind. The vault lid clattered to the ground, with Perses stabilizing with a soft thud. The air reeked of dust and metal.

Probing the inside of the vault, Perses found what he was looking for. A cloth pouch, with eight small beads inside. Opening the pouch, he felt the smooth surface of an atium bead in his hand. 

He was rich.

Asylum thought and that was never good, if I feel like I should leave that probably means something’s going to happen so I should probably leave. They took a tentative step outside 

Bang. A loud metallic band resounded from underneath the inn. 

well, that settles it. Asylum looked at Eza apologeticly. “just stay here a moment.” They then closed and bolted the door.

They turned and walking towards the night guard and receptionist. “please tell me that wasn’t normal,” they said with a gleeful smile.

Edited by Ookla of whimsy

1 minute ago, Ookla of whimsy said:

Asylum thought and that was never good, if I feel like I should leave that probably means something’s going to happen so I should probably leave. They took a tentative step outside 

Bang. A loud metallic band resounded from underneath the inn. 

well, that settles it. Asylum looked at Eza apologeticly. “just stay here a moment.” They then closed and bolted. The door.

They turned and walking towards the night guard and receptionist. “please tell me that wasn’t normal,” they said with a gleeful smile.

“Wait-“

Eza tried to open the door, but it was locked. She wanted nothing more than to run as fast and far away as she could. But Lum was heading towards danger. What if they got hurt? What if they needed help?

What if this is my fault?

Eza began to look for an unlocked window.

5 hours ago, Ookla the Windwhisperer said:

Double great.

He was rich.

Sonyr immediately perks up. huh, they aint crazy and he runs over to where he heard a loud bang, poking his head in as he looks for the intruder.

Perses, bag in hand, returned up his surroundings. Unfortunately, he had been noticed. The lobby goons had perked up, and a character was beginning to investigate the elevator. There was also a smaller life signature of a child, along with…Asylum Smedry. Fantastic.

Perses searched for a way out that didn’t involve confrontation, and couldn’t find one. Picking up his glasses, he climbed up onto the elevator and opened the hatch, looking down onto the meddler.

”Hello there! Standard maintenance check.”

Quick reminder that this place is being covered by a Coppercloud, which is causing Perses to use his lifesense and bronzesense at a higher rate than normal. However, it’s safe to say that that only starts around the lobby area, as the soother stationed at the door can still affect your emotions.

additionally, I’m not 100% certain how it would affect my biochromatic aura, but that’s for you to decide.

7 minutes ago, Ookla the Windwhisperer said:

Perses, bag in hand, returned up his surroundings. Unfortunately, he had been noticed. The lobby goons had perked up, and a character was beginning to investigate the elevator. There was also a smaller life signature of a child, along with…Asylum Smedry. Fantastic.

Perses searched for a way out that didn’t involve confrontation, and couldn’t find one. Picking up his glasses, he climbed up onto the elevator and opened the hatch, looking down onto the meddler.

”Hello there! Standard maintenance check.”

"working on it!" sonyr calls back. "wait- who are you?"

Eza couldn’t find any unlocked windows. Rusting inn had rusting security measures. She picked the window closest to the lobby and scurried over.

Eza downed a vial of iron, burning a small amount. She could see a small line leading to the inside of the lock. If she pulled on it correctly, it would open the lock without too much noise. She’d practiced this before, but hadn’t quite gotten the hang of it yet.

She refrained from tugging on the line for now. She didn’t see anyone yet, and didn’t want to reveal herself or make Lum upset. Eza tried to keep out of sight as best as she could, peeking into the window from the side.

@Ookla the Windwhisperer @Ookla of whimsy @Ookla of Ravens

Edited by Lunamor
Forgot the tags

1 hour ago, Ookla of Ravens said:

"working on it!" sonyr calls back. "wait- who are you?"

Jumping down, Perses extinguished his steelsense. “Safety inspector. Looks good to me. Now, if you don’t mind, I’ll be going.

As Perses crossed by the man, one of the goons began to walk towards him. He smelled oily, and his clothes certainly hadn’t been washed in some time.

”Before you go, I’ll have to give a quick check,” the man said, in a gravelly and what he must have assumed to be casual voice. “To make sure ya didn’t take anything you weren’t supposed to.”

As the man began reaching for Perses’ coat pockets, Perses pressed a coin toward the man and, flaring steel, shoved it through the man’s stomach.

As the crony fell, he desperately grabbed at Perses’ face. Though he ended up dodging out of it, the man managed to jostle Perses’ glasses, leaving his spikes exposed.

It was then that all hell broke loose.

@Ookla of whimsy, @Lunamor

59 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Eza couldn’t find any unlocked windows. Rusting inn had rusting security measures. She picked the window closest to the lobby and scurried over.

Eza downed a vial of iron, burning a small amount. She could see a small line leading to the inside of the lock. If she pulled on it correctly, it would open the lock without too much noise. She’d practiced this before, but hadn’t quite gotten the hang of it yet.

She refrained from tugging on the line for now. She didn’t see anyone yet, and didn’t want to reveal herself or make Lum upset. Eza tried to keep out of sight as best as she could, peeking into the window from the side.

@Ookla the Windwhisperer @Ookla of whimsy @Ookla of Ravens

Itsuki walks by on a midnight walk. He does this a lot, had been doing it for many years. It was Vinette that originally started doing this with him, when they first met she would always wander around the city during the night. A few months into their relationship she started to let him come.

It was the first time Itsuki really started to think that Vinette valued him.

Of course, that turned out to be a lie.

As he walked through the Mistwarrens back towards New Hallandren, Itsuki passed a girl hanging on a window. “Are you all right?” he asked.

39 minutes ago, Ookla the Windwhisperer said:

Jumping down, Perses extinguished his steelsense. “Safety inspector. Looks good to me. Now, if you don’t mind, I’ll be going.l

As Perses crossed by the man, one of the goons began to walk towards him. He smelled oily, and his clothes certainly hadn’t been washed in some time.

”Before you go, I’ll have to give a quick check,” the man said, in a gravelly and what he must have assumed to be casual voice. “To make sure ya didn’t take anything you weren’t supposed to.”

As the man began reaching for Perses’ coat pockets, Perses pressed a coin toward the man and, flaring steel, shoved it through the man’s stomach.

As the crony fell, he desperately grabbed at Perses’ face. Though he ended up dodging out of it, the man managed to jostle Perses’ glasses, leaving his spikes exposed.

The man suddenly pushed a coin through a guard. Eza jumped, preparing to somehow stealthily enter.

Lum’s in danger, I need to-

Then the man’s glasses were knocked off. Eza went pale, freezing in place. Those spikes, sticking into his head. Eyes of expressionless steel.

He looked like them.

33 minutes ago, Ookla thePresentParticiple said:

Itsuki walks by on a midnight walk. He does this a lot, had been doing it for many years. It was Vinette that originally started doing this with him, when they first met she would always wander around the city during the night. A few months into their relationship she started to let him come.

It was the first time Itsuki really started to think that Vinette valued him.

Of course, that turned out to be a lie.

As he walked through the Mistwarrens back towards New Hallandren, Itsuki passed a girl hanging on a window. “Are you all right?” he asked.

Eza responded, her voice a mix of anger and fear.

”A murderer is in there. You can’t go in. Get help if you can.”

She turned to face him, eyes wide. She looked terrified.

”RUN.”

She turned back, now ignoring the man. Eza tugged hard on the inner mechanisms of the lock. Something snapped loudly, and the window swung open. She didn’t care about making sound anymore.

Eza dashed inside, pulling out her daggers. Running to a wall separating the lobby from a small room, she hid behind it. And started to quietly hyperventilate.

She didn’t recognize him. His spikes looked smaller. But he acted like them. He attacked like them. 

No, he wasn’t them. He couldn’t be them. She’d hid well, they weren’t coming for her. She wasn’t why they were here.

Eza didn’t believe that. But she had to. She started to breathe normally, and her expression went cold. She crouched down and placed her daggers on the floor.

Regardless of who he was, she wanted to hurt him.

@Ookla of whimsy @Ookla of Ravens

Edited by Lunamor
I really need to quit forgetting tags.

22 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

The man suddenly pushed a coin through a guard. Eza jumped, preparing to somehow stealthily enter.

Then the man’s glasses were knocked off. Eza went pale, freezing in place. Those spikes, sticking into his head. Eyes of expressionless steel.

He looked like them.

”RUN.”

She turned back, now ignoring the man. Eza tugged hard on the inner mechanisms of the lock. Something snapped loudly, and the window swung open. She didn’t care about making sound anymore.

Eza dashed inside, pulling out her daggers. Running to a wall separating the lobby from a small room, she hid behind it. And started to quietly hyperventilate.

She didn’t recognize him. His spikes looked smaller. But he acted like them. He attacked like them. 

No, he wasn’t them. He couldn’t be them. She’d hid well, they weren’t coming for her. She wasn’t why they were here.

Eza didn’t believe that. But she had to. She started to breathe normally, and her expression went cold. She crouched down and placed her daggers on the floor.

Itsuki’s first instinct was to run. In fact he started to do so, beginning to get as far away as he could from the inn. A murderer did not sound like good company. But then he turned back to survey the area and realized that the kid wasn’t following her own advice.

Itsuki couldn’t let the kid die in there.

So he made the last-minute descision to run back to the inn and jump through the window, and cut his arm on the rough glass. “Ow!” he yells, and wipes the blood on his Terris robes, creating a creepy effect. Itsuki had always thought that the robes looked strange with his pale skin and greasy midnight hair, and he was sure the blood made it look even stranger.

Itsuki looked around, seeing several moving people. One of them…one of them he recognized. “Asylum?” he asked. “Is that you?”

@Ookla the Windwhisperer @Ookla of Ravens @Ookla of whimsy

2 hours ago, Ookla the Windwhisperer said:

Jumping down, Perses extinguished his steelsense. “Safety inspector. Looks good to me. Now, if you don’t mind, I’ll be going.

Asylum recognized the stranger but couldn’t quite place who it was…

The man’s glasses dropped to reveal to small and familiar spikes.

”Perses?” asylum said, surprised. then more enthusiastically, “Perses! How are you doing man? You know, it’s good to see a friendly face.” 

Asylum dodged a rogue coin. “woah, that was close. Anyway some people that were investigating you, got them drunk, you know the usual stuff and then I found this girl,” They said while tripping one of the goons. “she’s really resourceful and smart, and here she is now!”

@Ookla the Windwhisperer okayed the slight god moding.

2 hours ago, Lunamor said:

He looked like them.

”RUN.”

Asylum ran over to where Eza was crouching. “are you OK? I told you not to come in this is grown-up stuff you know?” While helping her to her feet, they saw a third familiar face climbing through the window.

1 hour ago, Ookla thePresentParticiple said:

Itsuki’s first instinct was to run. In fact he started to do so, beginning to get as far away as he could from the inn. A murderer did not sound like good company. But then he turned back to survey the area and realized that the kid wasn’t following her own advice.

Itsuki couldn’t let the kid die in there.

So he made the last-minute descision to run back to the inn and jump through the window, and cut his arm on the rough glass. “Ow!” he yells, and wipes the blood on his Terris robes, creating a creepy effect. Itsuki had always thought that the robes looked strange with his pale skin and greasy midnight hair, and he was sure the blood made it look even stranger.

Itsuki looked around, seeing several moving people. One of them…one of them he recognized. “Asylum?” he asked. “Is that you?”

”Itsuki?” Asylum said alarmed. “What are you doing here? by the way, I am very sorry for the bar and all that. No hard feelings, right?” A goon hit the wall beside them with a loud thud. “I should probably deal with this.”

Asylum picked up a dagger from the fallen goon and hurled it at a goon on the other side of the lobby. It hit him straight in the shoulder and caused him to stagger back into another goon, who then fell and tripped the third.

Asylum turned back to Itsuki and Eza. “now where were we?”

@Ookla of Ravens

3 minutes ago, Ookla of whimsy said:

”Perses?” asylum said, surprised. then more enthusiastically, “Perses! How are you doing man? You know, it’s good to see a friendly face.” 

Asylum dodged a rogue coin. “woah, that was close. Anyway some people that were investigating you, got them drunk, you know the usual stuff and then I found this girl,” They said while tripping one of the goons. “she’s really resourceful and smart, and here she is now!”

Asylum ran over to where Eza was crouching. “are you OK? I told you not to come in this is grown-up stuff you know?” While helping her to her feet, they saw a third familiar face climbing through the window.

”Itsuki?” Asylum said alarmed. “What are you doing here? by the way, I am very sorry for the bar and all that. No hard feelings, right?” A goon hit the wall beside them with a loud thud. “I should probably deal with this.”

Asylum picked up a dagger from the fallen goon and hurled it at a goon on the other side of the lobby. It hit him straight in the shoulder and caused him to stagger back into another goon, who then fell and tripped the third.

“What’s happening? Are you the murderer?” Itsuki looks around. So much blood. So much death. And why? What is this all for? “Where am I? Who is she? Your daughter?” Itsuki points at Eza, and in doing so notices the bodies again. “I’m going to be sick…why are we here?”

Itsuki proceeds to barf on the floor.

@Lunamor

17 minutes ago, Ookla of whimsy said:

Eza pushed Asylum away and ignored the barfing person’s questions. She lifted her dagger in the spiked man’s direction.

”Who are you?”

Her voice had become almost growling, far harsher than she normally spoke. Her outstretched arm was shaking, but not with fear. She was angry.

Asylum knew this person? Asylum was his friend? They were saying good things about her. That meant they were probably not going to kill her, right?

@Ookla the Windwhisperer @Ookla thePresentParticiple

Edited by Lunamor

6 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Eza pushed Asylum away and ignored the barfing person’s question. She lifted her dagger in the spiked man’s direction.

”Who are you?”

Her voice had become almost growling, far harsher than she normally spoke. Her outstretched arm was shaking, but not with fear. She was angry.

Asylum knew this person? Asylum was his friend? They were saying good things about her. That meant they were probably not going to kill her, right?

I need to stop this, Itsuki thinks to themselves. “How about we all just calm down and think about this rationally. Somebody’s going to get hurt if we keep doing this.” Itsuki sees the body again and gets more nauseous. “Er, again. Let’s all just say our names and our…favorite colors! My name’s Kimura Itsuki, and my favorite color is blue.”

This is bad. Why do people fight? And what about that kid? She’s way too young to be involved in all of this.

@Ookla of whimsy @Ookla the Windwhisperer

Edited by Ookla thePresentParticiple
Forgot to tag, and changed my mind about favorite color.

14 minutes ago, Ookla thePresentParticiple said:

I need to stop this, Itsuki thinks to themselves. “How about we all just calm down and think about this rationally. Somebody’s going to get hurt if we keep doing this.” Itsuki sees the body again and gets more nauseous. “Er, again. Let’s all just say our names and our…favorite colors! My name’s Kimura Itsuki, and my favorite color is blue.”

This is bad. Why do people fight? And what about that kid? She’s way too young to be involved in all of this.

@Ookla of whimsy @Ookla the Windwhisperer

“that’s a great idea! I am Asylum Smedry, and I love green as you could probably see by my suit”

Asylum followed Itsuki’s eyes to the bodies and then looked at the almost visible tension between Eza and Perses. “on second thought maybe I should deal with this.”

Asylum scooted up to Eza and put a gentle hand on her shoulder. “Perses this is Eza her favorite color is probably gold. Eza this is Perses, my employer, his favorite color is…” they thought for a second. “I don’t think he has one. Not that he can see color anyway.” They reached to lower Eza’s dagger. “now with introductions over we don’t need this anymore, right?”

@Lunamor @Ookla the Windwhisperer @Ookla of Ravens

6 minutes ago, Ookla of whimsy said:

“that’s a great idea! I am Asylum Smedry, and I love green as you could probably see by my suit”

Asylum followed Itsuki’s eyes to the bodies and then looked at the almost visible tension between Eza and Perses. “on second thought maybe I should deal with this.”

Asylum scooted up to Eza and put a gentle hand on her shoulder. “Perses this is Eza her favorite color is probably gold. Eza this is Perses, my employer, his favorite color is…” they thought for a second. “I don’t think he has one. Not that he can see color anyway.” They reached to lower Eza’s dagger. “now with introductions over we don’t need this anymore, right?”

“Wh-wh-why does she have a dagger anyway? How old are you?” Itsuki kneels down and tries to look consoling and parent-esque to Eza. “How do you know Asylum?”

Probably a street urchin. Orphan. I feel so sorry for her…she probably has Asylum for a parent figure. Asylum…doesn’t seem like they’d be the best parent. Itsuki turns towards Asylum. How did he feel about them? They were becoming friends…and then Asylum had proceeded to insult Vinette. And call The Survivor, her god, evil.

Which honestly fit what Itsuki knew about The Survivor.

- - - - - -

On 12/12/2023 at 11:42 AM, Ookla the Prehistoric said:

Lei pulls back from the smell of the corpse. And how it looked. He turned and threw up on the ground, head spinning. He blinks, preparing himself, then turns to look at the body.

He whirls around and throws up again. "Ugh..." He says. "Why... ew..."

Chefson Corbeau, Pewter Ironworks
“Yes. The death was tragic. I wish I knew why. Likely to gain power of some sort, but why would somebody go to such great lengths to control this warehouse? It doesn’t seem like the nicest of places, even before it was ruined.” Corbeau opened a cabinet, and took out a rifle, a bloody knife, and a teddy bear. Feeling around, Corbeau sensed a false bottom. A false bottom…this person didn’t care about people knowing about the weapons, but they wanted to keep whatever was underneath a secret. They took it off, revealing only a piece of paper. On that paper was an address, and a few words.

“Elevator. Coppercloud Inn.”

“My friend,” Corbeau asked. “Do you think you could stay here and investigate alone for half an hour or so? There is a place that I must go.”

Perses cleared through the last few goons. Luckily, none of the hotel guests seemed to mind. In a gang-controlled inn, he supposed this wasn’t uncommon. 

Adrenaline dying down, he surveyed the scene. Much better than last time, with just enough restraint to kill only three people. Plus, Perses noted, the inn was very much still intact.

There were still a few people standing, but they decided to wisely stay back. One was holding a stack of books in fear.

And then there was Asylum.

”why the hell are you here? And who are these people?”

35 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Eza pushed Asylum away and ignored the barfing person’s questions. She lifted her dagger in the spiked man’s direction.

”Who are you?”

This new girl had some spirit. She was a lurcher, and with the amount of jewelry on her that she clearly didn’t buy, a thief as well.

”I’m Perses, and I’m the Prince of the Alleys”

Where had that came from? He had to admit, it did have a nice ring to it.

kill them. They are just going to get in the way.

Had he known anything about these people, perhaps he would have obliged. However, given that they appear to be civilians, he had no quarrel with them. Plus, it was clear who is in charge here.

”Now if you’d excuse me, I have places to be, and I would like to get there before some more people begin to investigate the commotion.”

@Ookla thePresentParticiple, @Ookla of whimsy, @Ookla of Ravens

Just now, Ookla the Windwhisperer said:

Perses cleared through the last few goons. Luckily, none of the hotel guests seemed to mind. In a gang-controlled inn, he supposed this wasn’t uncommon. 

Adrenaline dying down, he surveyed the scene. Much better than last time, with just enough restraint to kill only three people. Plus, Perses noted, the inn was very much still intact.

There were still a few people standing, but they decided to wisely stay back. One was holding a stack of books in fear.

This new girl had some spirit. She was a lurcher, and with the amount of jewelry on her that she clearly didn’t buy, a thief as well.

Had he known anything about these people, perhaps he would have obliged. However, given that they appear to be civilians, he had no quarrel with them. Plus, it was clear who is in charge here.

”Now if you’d excuse me, I have places to be, and I would like to get there before some more people begin to investigate the commotion.”

Somebody, a middle-aged Obligator who looked like they had just run quite a distance, opened the door. “Hello. I’m investigating the commotion.” He looked around at the corpses. “What happened here?!” Corbeau asked. A serious crime center. This cannot go unpunished. The constables in this city really have no power. This would never have happened on Scadrial…then again, all the murder there is government-sanctioned. “Who should I arrest?”

Itsuki raises a shaking finger at Perses and Asylum. “Them,” he says. “But don’t take the girl! She did nothing wrong.”

“I’ll take whoever the Lord Ruler wills, thank you very much,” Corbeau replied. “But if these two were the ones responsible….” I should trust him. I do, but that’s probably just because of my bias against Inquisitors…they got all the Lord Ruler’s attention, he always ignored people like me. I can’t jump to conclusions, though. “I’m taking all four of you with me for questioning. If you did nothing wrong, then you have nothing to fear. If you did….” Corbeau left the threat unsaid.

Elan, you can still interact briefly with Corbeau before he runs out and it wouldn’t be in chronological order. I just really wanted to get him here quickly.

1 hour ago, Ookla the Windwhisperer said:

Eza let Asylum lower her dagger. None of what Perses said was familiar. That was reassuring. She eyed him suspiciously for a moment more, then decided it was best not to speak with him any further. Anything she said would just insult him.

Perses was a murderer, but he at least wasn’t one she knew. That was good enough.

“Wh-wh-why does she have a dagger anyway? How old are you?” Itsuki kneels down and tries to look consoling and parent-esque to Eza. “How do you know Asylum?”

Probably a street urchin. Orphan. I feel so sorry for her…she probably has Asylum for a parent figure. Asylum…doesn’t seem like they’d be the best parent. Itsuki turns towards Asylum. How did he feel about them? They were becoming friends…and then Asylum had proceeded to insult Vinette. And call The Survivor, her god, evil.

Which honestly fit what Itsuki knew about The Survivor.

Eza sheathed her daggers and looked to Itsuki.

”I’m fifteen. I met Asylum yesterday. They helped me, uh…”

Was it smart to tell a random person about their crimes? She paused for a moment. Eh, she was pretty sure Asylum  had just stabbed someone. It couldn’t hurt at this point if she rephrased it a bit.

”They helped me get a bunch of really pretty stuff. Look!”

She pulled out a beautiful necklace, studded with crystals. She hoped showing off her treasure would be enough to distract her from everything else going on.

Somebody, a middle-aged Obligator who looked like they had just run quite a distance, opened the door. “Hello. I’m investigating the commotion.” He looked around at the corpses. “What happened here?!” Corbeau asked. A serious crime center. This cannot go unpunished. The constables in this city really have no power. This would never have happened on Scadrial…then again, all the murder there is government-sanctioned. “Who should I arrest?”

Itsuki raises a shaking finger at Perses and Asylum. “Them,” he says. “But don’t take the girl! She did nothing wrong.”

“I’ll take whoever the Lord Ruler wills, thank you very much,” Corbeau replied. “But if these two were the ones responsible….” I should trust him. I do, but that’s probably just because of my bias against Inquisitors…they got all the Lord Ruler’s attention, he always ignored people like me. I can’t jump to conclusions, though. “I’m taking all four of you with me for questioning. If you did nothing wrong, then you have nothing to fear. If you did….” Corbeau left the threat unsaid.

Rust.

Eza had quite a lot of stolen jewelry on her person. It would be hard to explain exactly why a street urchin had so much. She didn’t even know what the punishments were like here. Based on what she had seen so far, they probably weren’t particularly nice.

Burning iron, she pulled down several cups on the bar in quick succession, making a large clattering sound. Eza then attempted to run back out through the window, doing her best impression of a terrified little girl.

She iron pulled on something metal on Asylum’s person, hoping they would take the hint and follow her. Maybe their luck could help them escape? 

Edited by Lunamor
Forgot the tag again, gah

2 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Eza let Asylum lower her dagger. None of what Perses said was familiar. That was reassuring. She eyed him suspiciously for a moment more, then decided it was best not to speak with him any further. Anything she said would just insult him.

Perses was a murderer, but he at least wasn’t one she knew. That was good enough.

Eza sheathed her daggers and looked to Itsuki.

”I’m fifteen. I met Asylum yesterday. They helped me, uh…”

Was it smart to tell a random person about their crimes? She paused for a moment. Eh, she was pretty sure Asylum  had just stabbed someone. It couldn’t hurt at this point if she rephrased it a bit.

”They helped me get a bunch of really pretty stuff. Look!”

She pulled out a beautiful necklace, studded with crystals. She hoped showing off her treasure would be enough to distract her from everything else going on.

Rust.

Eza had quite a lot of stolen jewelry on her person. It would be hard to explain exactly why a street urchin had so much. She didn’t even know what the punishments were like here. Based on what she had seen so far, they probably weren’t particularly nice.

Burning iron, she pulled down several cups on the bar in quick succession, making a large clattering sound. Eza then attempted to run back out through the window, doing her best impression of a terrified little girl.

She iron pulled on something metal on Asylum’s person, hoping they would take the hint and follow her. Maybe their luck could help them escape? 

“Not so fast.” Corbeau grabs Eza’s arm with an iron grip and doesn’t let go. “The only people that run from the law are people that have something to hide…what do you have to hide? Why do you run from the law?” A lurcher. Powerful. It’s a good thing I keep no metal on my person, learned my lesson after dealing with one too many angry Inquisitors. “And where did you get such a pretty necklace? Are your parents rich enough to afford it?

“Are your parents powerful enough for you to walk around wearing something like that and expect not to get mugged?” Her parents must be nobles, or whatever the version of nobility is in this place, for her to be able to be Allomatic. And if they are…maybe I can let their daughter escape the law in return for a large sum of money. Lord Ruler knows I need the clips, after Silverlight.

“She’s just a kid!” Itsuki yells. “You don’t need to do this to her!”

“Nobody can escape the arm of the law, not even children.” Unless you’re rich. Or powerful. Or me. Or all three. Or the truth: if you’re smart enough to stay out, and there are capable people trying to get you in, you are enough to stay out. Boxings help, though.

11 hours ago, Ookla thePresentParticiple said:

Lei sighed. Man, they were working quick. Already found the culprits? It was this a setup? Lei pulled bout an essence mark, one made to make him a detective of sorts. It was his first, so it wasn’t perfect. But it would work for enough time. He stamped himself, on the wrist. Then he began rethinking through the evidence.