Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

7 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Tal’s eyes were squeezed shut, tightly. The cell started to crumble around the group, and he trembled, but his fire flared up, encasing them all in a safe, warm place. The fire of a hearth. The fire that warmed freezing travelers. The fire that promised you were home, and there was nothing to fear.

Tal let out an agonized scream. “Kill it,” he screamed to Elan. “We can survive this, but the longer it takes the less likely that gets.”

Elan grunted. “Trying… to…”

Elan was going to die. He knew it. But the others would get a chance to live. That… that would make this worth it.

26 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“I will.” Elan says.

He steps out of the cube. 

Immediately his skin starts to burn, and he clenches his teeth against the pain. 

“Years. For years I have been running from you. I’m done with that. You hear me? I. AM. DONE.” Elan says adamantly. “TODAY IS THE DAY YOU FALL.”

“I have the totem, the medallion.” The Being says. He waves a hand and Elan’s pain ramps up. He collapses onto his knees. 

Elan is sweating, and there is fear and pain in his eyes. Ave… Aventine, I need help. Elan sends. You won’t survive long out here. There’s a medallion on his neck. I need you to take it off. Get it away from him. While he’s distracted killing me. Get it off him. Please.

She nodded and burned iron. She pulled the medallion to herself.

9 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Tal’s eyes were squeezed shut, tightly. The cell started to crumble around the group, and he trembled, but his fire flared up, encasing them all in a safe, warm place. The fire of a hearth. The fire that warmed freezing travelers. The fire that promised you were home, and there was nothing to fear.

Tal let out an agonized scream. “Kill it,” he screamed to Elan. “We can survive this, but the longer it takes the less likely that gets.”

Yeeee

Also have fun lifeguarding

Just now, Ancient Elantrian said:

Elan was going to die. He knew it. But the others would get a chance to live. That… that would make this worth it.

Nooo

2 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“And don’t throw away your life for nothing,” Tal grunted, noting a familiar glint in Elan’s eye. “One death isn’t the only way to do this.”

Just now, Spark of Hope said:

Thanks! We’re doing all the training right now and it’s super fun, super long, and super terrifying.

3 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Gotta say @Ancient Elantrian this character story arc is something else. I feel for Elan in ways that I haven't felt for most characters in published novels

1 minute ago, Edema Rue said:

“And don’t throw away your life for nothing,” Tal grunted, noting a familiar glint in Elan’s eye. “One death isn’t the only way to do this.”

"Yes, throwing ones life away is rather distasteful. Don't be too reckless."

I hope I'm not being too rude or anything. Normally I feel fine but, I've never played such a 2-sided half-abrasive character like this before.

He stood up, hoping the distraction would work. “You mean nothing. You are nothing.” He said to The Being. “You have NO POWER OVER ME!”

“You will regret saying that, Elan.” The Being said. Elan's pain increased, but he kept creeping forewords, knife ready, his steps slow and heavy. 

“I will never fear you. I lived in fear, yes. BUT I WILL NOT DIE IN IT!” Elan stabs at the being. Without the medallion he is susceptible to mortal wounds, and the blade goes straight into his face. Where he is stabbed white liquid, blood like, spills out.

The Being screeches, and grabs Elan, lifting him up by his neck. There is a sharp crack as his neck is broken, and he goes limp.

The next moment all the darkness sucked inwards like a black hole, into the place where the being was stabbed.

The world re-formed, and there was nothing noting The Being had ever existed.

Except the corpse of a man who would never know he was a hero.

5 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

He stood up, hoping the distraction would work. “You mean nothing. You are nothing.” He said to The Being. “You have NO POWER OVER ME!”

“You will regret saying that, Elan.” The Being said. Elan's pain increased, but he kept creeping forewords, knife ready, his steps slow and heavy. 

“I will never fear you. I lived in fear, yes. BUT I WILL NOT DIE IN IT!” Elan stabs at the being. Without the medallion he is susceptible to mortal wounds, and the blade goes straight into his face. Where he is stabbed white liquid, blood like, spills out.

The Being screeches, and grabs Elan, lifting him up by his neck. There is a sharp crack as his neck is broken, and he goes limp.

The next moment all the darkness sucked inwards like a black hole, into the place where the being was stabbed.

Hey wanna see my Darth Vader impression

*ahem* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Aventine cried out.

He was gone.

@The Aspiring Archivist

… we got a dead guy 😢

4 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm wrapped his arms tight around Insa. He closed his eyes.

"I'm sorry I left," he whispered into her hair. Then he looked up at Saar.

"I said shut up." A constellation of motes of light manifested around her, and glowing lines materialized between them, forming a net, which tightened around Saar's physical form, restricting her movements, and her mouth.

Saar sent a separate thought to each of them.

Insa don’t you see what he’s doing to me? You know I don’t deserve it. Help me.

Insa tightened the hug and kept looking behind Bookwyrm. Away from Saar.

You can stop my mouth but you can’t keep me from communicating. I’m a god Bookwyrm. What do you think you have against me?

18 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"Hmm, sad. I guess I am no longer needed. I'll give you back sweet Almond now. He'll probably be more upset." Almond once again becomes brown "What happened? Oh! Oh no. Is he ok? He's ok right?" Almond starts to tear up, he didn't know Elan for long (and all the good Elan did he doesn't remember) but, he gets the sense that Elan would've been a good friend had he gotten to know him better.

G'night!

2 minutes ago, Exotic Almond said:

"Hmm, sad. I guess I am no longer needed. I'll give you back sweet Almond now. He'll probably be more upset." Almond once again becomes brown "What happened? Oh! Oh no. Is he ok? He's ok right?" Almond starts to tear up, he didn't know Elan for long (and all the good Elan did he doesn't remember) but, he gets the sense that Elan would've been a good friend had he gotten to know him better.

Anyone else totally horrified by the demon that keeps taking almond?

Also...

What is Almond? Because I'm totally seeing it as like an actual almond.

48 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Tal shuddered, his fire sparking, sparking, then going out. No. Not again, not again, not again-

I could have saved her-

I should have saved him-

I would have protected them.

Tal’s eyes darkened, and he abruptly disappeared.

There, you see? Isn’t this so much better, my little tool?

Goodnight all!

Edited by Edema Rue

1 hour ago, Spark of Hope said:

Aventine cried out.

He was gone.

@The Aspiring Archivist

What do you want me to do about it? :P

Elan, since the avatar of death is around, want to do anything?

@Ancient Elantrian

1 hour ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Saar sent a separate thought to each of them.

Insa don’t you see what he’s doing to me? You know I don’t deserve it. Help me.

Insa tightened the hug and kept looking behind Bookwyrm. Away from Saar.

You can stop my mouth but you can’t keep me from communicating. I’m a god Bookwyrm. What do you think you have against me?

Is the library stuff still happening?

3 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Pic kept Tal's fire going, giving people the strength they needed to go on. His singing got louder and louder, the fire got warmer and warmer. 

3 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

Aventine cried out.

He was gone.

@The Aspiring Archivist

Pic droped silent at the sound of the snap. No song, no warmth, no fire. No... anything. 

2 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

Tal shuddered, his fire sparking, sparking, then going out. No. Not again, not again, not again-

I could have saved her-

I should have saved him-

I would have protected them.

Tal’s eyes darkened, and he abruptly disappeared.

There, you see? Isn’t this so much better, my little tool?

9 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

He’s a large otter with a magic staff

6 hours ago, Cash67 said:

Pic kept Tal's fire going, giving people the strength they needed to go on. His singing got louder and louder, the fire got warmer and warmer. 

Pic droped silent at the sound of the snap. No song, no warmth, no fire. No... anything. 

Aventine wrapped her arms around him and began to sob into his shoulder.

9 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Hah! that's hilarious! Yeah what Spark said, he's a large Otter (probably 4 1/2 feet tall) with a magic portal staff thing.  And yeah he has some dark backstory that I hope to have show up someday but for now you get occasional demon-otter.

17 hours ago, Cash67 said:

Pic gripped onto her as if she was the only real thing remaining. 

Pic grabs her and pulls her back in. "You can breathe," he says, still not speaking with a melody. 

sorry I don't know why I thought she couldn't lol

"oh-"

15 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

The essence spread and corrupted, gaining speed the more planets, solar systems, and galaxies it consumed. Massive civilizations fell without even having time to react, the essence consuming themselves and their defenses. Nowhere seemed to be safe.

Except a small cube 

In the center of the mass of essence

With four people in it.

Elan grabbed Pic by the shoulders, ripping him away from Aventine. His eyes were manic, and he was shaking. "GET ME OUT OF HERE!!! GET ME OUT!!!" He shouted, shaking Pic violently.

"Get off of him!" she screams at him, trying to shove him away.

yes, I know this moment already passed, but I wanted to say it so I did

deal with it lol

15 hours ago, Exotic Almond said:

"So guys, what are we gonna do?" Almond turns to the group. "The blackness is everywhere, I was on a completely different planet and it almost got me."

@Edema Rue @Cash67 @shortcake

Almond idk if you knew it was me but i'm the one who said I like your otter idea when we were in the hallway lol

14 hours ago, Cash67 said:

Pic keeps humming, and with Tal's help, Tal's fire is replicated in his hands. His whole being resonates with warmth, with security, with the apettite to destroy. Pic's face twists into a wry smile, and he stares at The Being. 

@Edema Rue @shortcake

RAHHHHH IM HERE

Aventine's Mind

The alters sat in a cabin on a mechanical island. "Thanks for providing the meeting space, Li," Akarui said.

"No problem."

25 came into the cabin. "Sorry I'm late, guys. I had to write parody lyrics for the Circle of Life."

"You had to?"

"Absolutely. Anyways-"

"Elan's dead," Eliane interrupted.

"Yeah, I know. That's what I'm here about. I was talking with one of the Elans in a traveling hub, and we have a plan to bring him back."

She explained the plan, go to Multiversal Travelling Hub under Roleplay if you want more deets

"That could work," Tena said.

"It will work. I know it."

"Ave won't be happy if we interrupt her mourning to bring her here or even tell her about this," Akarui said.

"Yeah, I know. We'll give her a bit, and then I'll pitch the idea to her."