Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

1 hour ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

helios felt quinn leave his body and imidiatly started to head there. they found it intact (mostly) and prepared to enter it. unlike lastime roy and light shared a body helios was completely fused beyond repair causing that when he entered the body it transformed into something else. something better. it grew taller, grew horns and a tail.

39 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Elan, or the ripple in the air that was him, shook in agitation. Yes, yes, run... running is good. And the singing. Keep the singing. Aventine... she can fend for herself?  He sent to Pic. 

Behind them the world melted, people and buildings and the ground beneath absorbing into The Being, slowly feeding his energy and giving him strength.

We need to get off of here.

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood

Pic’s thoughts are a jumble. I can save the child. Once that’s taken care of, then worry about the girlfriend. I don’t know what losing one will do, but I for sure can’t lose both.  Save the child. That’s all that matters right now.  @shortcake

3 hours ago, Cash67 said:

The stave began to glow, and Pic felt magic be drawn out of his voice. Aventine began to fade away, and although Pic felt peace, he also felt stress. 

He gripped Aventine’s hand, and smiled at her as she sang, and then began to panic as she sobbed. Her presence solidified again, and the anklet broke, redoubling around Lundyn’s other ankle. 

Pic cursed, dropping the body at the change in voice. As he watched the dragon leave, he ran back to the base of the wreckage of the tower to find the others, practically dragging Aventine and Lundyn. Roy’s body was left behind. 

@Spark of Hope @The Bookwyrm @Thaidakar the Ghostblood

Lyla was there, lying on a slab of rock, finishing tying a tourniquet on her leg. "About time someone showed up..."

2 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

Darkness physically blocked the hole. "I don't understand you. No one does. That's why no one hates you truly yet."

The hole started to repair itself at the touch of Darkness. 

"Also, please stop tampering with reality."

Thaidakar looked back at the hole as it was blocked (sorry for that one, I kinda need him to get away for plot reasons) 

"No one understands me. They never did." 

Rage, anger, fear flew through him one at a time. A piece of him begged him to stop and breathe, but the rest of him wanted freedom, wanted to be free form the chains and bounds that they'd set in place, to be free from caring.

To be free from guilt, for once. Oh to be free form guilt...

His surroundings were a stark landscape with a pale sky. And nearby was a tall stone structure with an open stairwell in the center.

Thaidakar swore loudly. "Of all the..." he punched the stone, cracking it down the middle. The red energy in his mind singed his awareness, representing the Darkness nearby. Yet he ignored it for now. He needed to quiet the sounds.. needed to find quiet somewhere. Somehow.

2 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

“I tried to warn you.” She yanked her arm away from him and ran another direction. She lost herself in a crowd, never wanting to be found. Not by someone she cared about, anyway.

She summoned the dagger key. It barely existed here. Jabbing the wall, she willed it to take her to wherever Thaidakar was. She would either die there, or find a way to be alone.

She didn’t want it. But everyone else needed it.

The wall shuddered, rippling with the magical energy from around it. Reality was being altered far too much nearby from Elan and Thaidakar for the regular rules to apply anymore. What had once been a wall was now a gateway to... a library with tapestries and suits of armor between bookshelves? And what was that piece of slag on the ground?

40 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Elan, or the ripple in the air that was him, shook in agitation. Yes, yes, run... running is good. And the singing. Keep the singing. Aventine... she can fend for herself?  He sent to Pic. 

Behind them the world melted, people and buildings and the ground beneath absorbing into The Being, slowly feeding his energy and giving him strength.

We need to get off of here.

The city shifted as it began to melt, the manmade gravity beginning to shatter, sending all into disarray. Quakes shuddered throug hthe city as streets were torn apart, revealing the layers and layers of the city beneath. Floods of people rushed to the docks, hoping to escape, yet found most of the ships gone or getting destroyed by Elan. Screams filtered through the sounds of buildings crumbling and turning to slag.

By the remains of the spire in the center of the city, Lyla grunted, biting off the pain from her leg and from what Elan was doing. "Ya know, when I agreed--" she winced, "to bring you all here.. I didn't think... I didn't think it would mean my home town turning to nothingness... A lot of thanks I get..." She turned to Pic, "You, get the juice box out of my left pocket. Open it and hand it to me."

However, as Lyla was commanding Pic to get her sacred juice boxes, the dragons, those rulers of the city and defenders of the peace, turned to see their peace in pieces. In roars of anger, the narrowed their senses down on the source and dove for Elan, flames building in their magic, claws bared. 

And, all the while, something moved across the ground, searching. A bit of Thaidakar's red power crackled where it had destroyed a building and the pattern stopped by it and one word sighed from it wearily, "Lies..."

9 hours ago, Cash67 said:

Darknesses’ presence began to erode the dagger that Aventine had. No matter how much will she put into the dagger, it wouldn’t work. 

As for Pic, he hesitated when Spark left, but Lindy was still on his back. He had to find the others, surely they had more experience than he did. He ran as fast as his legs could carry him. 

5 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Lyla was there, lying on a slab of rock, finishing tying a tourniquet on her leg. "About time someone showed up..."

Thaidakar looked back at the hole as it was blocked (sorry for that one, I kinda need him to get away for plot reasons) 

Rage, anger, fear flew through him one at a time. A piece of him begged him to stop and breathe, but the rest of him wanted freedom, wanted to be free form the chains and bounds that they'd set in place, to be free from caring.

His surroundings were a stark landscape with a pale sky. And nearby was a tall stone structure with an open stairwell in the center.

Thaidakar swore loudly. "Of all the..." he punched the stone, cracking it down the middle. The red energy in his mind singed his awareness, representing the Darkness nearby. Yet he ignored it for now. He needed to quiet the sounds.. needed to find quiet somewhere. Somehow.

The wall shuddered, rippling with the magical energy from around it. Reality was being altered far too much nearby from Elan and Thaidakar for the regular rules to apply anymore. What had once been a wall was now a gateway to... a library with tapestries and suits of armor between bookshelves? And what was that piece of slag on the ground?

The city shifted as it began to melt, the manmade gravity beginning to shatter, sending all into disarray. Quakes shuddered throug hthe city as streets were torn apart, revealing the layers and layers of the city beneath. Floods of people rushed to the docks, hoping to escape, yet found most of the ships gone or getting destroyed by Elan. Screams filtered through the sounds of buildings crumbling and turning to slag.

By the remains of the spire in the center of the city, Lyla grunted, biting off the pain from her leg and from what Elan was doing. "Ya know, when I agreed--" she winced, "to bring you all here.. I didn't think... I didn't think it would mean my home town turning to nothingness... A lot of thanks I get..." She turned to Pic, "You, get the juice box out of my left pocket. Open it and hand it to me."

However, as Lyla was commanding Pic to get her sacred juice boxes, the dragons, those rulers of the city and defenders of the peace, turned to see their peace in pieces. In roars of anger, the narrowed their senses down on the source and dove for Elan, flames building in their magic, claws bared. 

And, all the while, something moved across the ground, searching. A bit of Thaidakar's red power crackled where it had destroyed a building and the pattern stopped by it and one word sighed from it wearily, "Lies..."

“(Darn)it! Why won’t you work right?” She pulled it out of the wall.

Thaid this is that archive, right, did you want her to go through?

I’ll be offline for the next few hours for AP testing

7 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Pic set Lundyn down, and found the juice box. 

“Can you get her to safety?” He asked Lyla,  handing her the juice box.

1 hour ago, Spark of Hope said:

17 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

Outskirts of Neverkeep

Roy's body fell to the ground unmoving. Aventine was on her hands and knees, gasping in exasperation. She still leaned into Pic.

@Cash67 @RoyalBeeMage @shortcake

16 hours ago, Cash67 said:

Pic gripped the two of them tightly, and watched the battle. 

15 hours ago, Cash67 said:

Pic held her to try and support her. 

He watched, helpless, as these beings of great power clashed above him. He knew his sheild would not work, so he tried a different preperation. He paused his song, and focused on what he wanted. He wanted Aventine and Lundyn safe. He wanted to take care of the both of them. He let those emotions guide his voice into a song, and trusted himself to do what was needed. 

His voice stayed quiet, and began to hum a halting, jerking melody. It had hints of sadness, hints of hope, and most importantly, longing. The staves began to glow pink and slithered towards Lundyn's and Aventine's ankles. They wrapped around, mimicking a bracelet, and waited, thrumming with the music and pulsing with power. As Pic layered his music into a symphony with an untraceable tempo, the magic waited. 

For in order to join a symphony, one merely has to sing. 

12 hours ago, Cash67 said:

Pic nods at the air, then carefully pics up Elan’s body. His strength was just barely enough to do so. His song continued, snd he kept an eye on Aventine and Lundyn. 

11 hours ago, Cash67 said:

Darknesses’ presence began to erode the dagger that Aventine had. No matter how much will she put into the dagger, it wouldn’t work. 

As for Pic, he hesitated when Spark left, but Lindy was still on his back. He had to find the others, surely they had more experience than he did. He ran as fast as his legs could carry him. 

Lindy? is that a typo, or a new nickname?

9 hours ago, Cash67 said:

Pic’s thoughts are a jumble. I can save the child. Once that’s taken care of, then worry about the girlfriend. I don’t know what losing one will do, but I for sure can’t lose both.  Save the child. That’s all that matters right now.  @shortcake

i'm here!

45 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

I know it technically doesn't make sense but we're just gonna say that Lundyn fell asleep

Lundyn lifted her head, yawning. "What the the heck did I miss- how did I even sleep? Ahh-"

8 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

The Being, Elan, or at least his body, looked up at the dragons. He waved a hand and the black liquid slag from the city shot up, impaling one of them straight through the heart. It liquefied, joining the dark mass that was growing from the melting city and joining into The Being. 

YOU CANNOT STOP ME. The Being said, it's voice echoing through the dying city. I AM ALL THAT ONCE WAS AND ALL THAT WILL BE. ALL WILL RETURN TO ME. The coin itself began melting, holes appearing, making a path between the under and over cities. A path leading to death no matter which side you were on. 

1 hour ago, Cash67 said:

19 minutes ago, shortcake said:

Lundyn lifted her head, yawning. "What the the heck did I miss- how did I even sleep? Ahh-"

Get out of here. Elan sent. I can't control him. I can't do anything but talk to you, like this. Get the heck out of here. NOW. I don't care how, just get AS FAR FROM THIS PLACE AS POSSIBLE.

1 hour ago, shortcake said:

Typo. If pic gets a nickname it’ll be better/be easier to sing. 

56 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

The Being, Elan, or at least his body, looked up at the dragons. He waved a hand and the black liquid slag from the city shot up, impaling one of them straight through the heart. It liquefied, joining the dark mass that was growing from the melting city and joining into The Being. 

YOU CANNOT STOP ME. The Being said, it's voice echoing through the dying city. I AM ALL THAT ONCE WAS AND ALL THAT WILL BE. ALL WILL RETURN TO ME. The coin itself began melting, holes appearing, making a path between the under and over cities. A path leading to death no matter which side you were on. 

Get out of here. Elan sent. I can't control him. I can't do anything but talk to you, like this. Get the heck out of here. NOW. I don't care how, just get AS FAR FROM THIS PLACE AS POSSIBLE.

Not without Aventine. 

Pic turned to Lyla. “Can you get the kid to safety?” He sang. @Thaidakar the Ghostblood

9 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar swore loudly. "Of all the..." he punched the stone, cracking it down the middle. The red energy in his mind singed his awareness, representing the Darkness nearby. Yet he ignored it for now. He needed to quiet the sounds.. needed to find quiet somewhere. Somehow

The Darkness watched from afar.

3 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Elan pauses. So might she. Because of me. I can't lose either of you. We gotta... okay. Okay, as quick as we can. Let's go find her.

Going to wait for thaid to respond Cuz pic isn’t leaving without making sure Lundyn is safe

5 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

it is that one archive. Thaidakar is outside of the archive. If you want her to find Thaid, have her go through, but if not then you can ignore it. 

3 hours ago, Cash67 said:

1 hour ago, Cash67 said:

Not without Aventine. 

Pic turned to Lyla. “Can you get the kid to safety?” He sang. @Thaidakar the Ghostblood

Lyla took the juice box ponderously, sipping a little of the juice. "I..." She hesitated, looking down at her leg. Her expression hardened as she thought. "Yes, I believe I can. If you come, then it will be far easier and I can more fully guarantee her survival."

2 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

torrents o magic rained down on Elan from the dragons in their grief and rage. Their voices like hurricaines, they each demanded that Elan cease or die.

11 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Lyla took the juice box ponderously, sipping a little of the juice. "I..." She hesitated, looking down at her leg. Her expression hardened as she thought. "Yes, I believe I can. If you come, then it will be far easier and I can more fully guarantee her survival."

torrents o magic rained down on Elan from the dragons in their grief and rage. Their voices like hurricaines, they each demanded that Elan cease or die.

I WILL NEVER DIE. I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AND WILL ALWAYS BE. The Being says, voice booming. It struggles against the torrent of magic, slowly being pushed backwards.

Then something changes. The Being stretched out a shadowy hand and grabbed a line of magic. It turns black, absorbing into him, and the darkness quickly creeps up, until it reaches the dragons. The Being stepped forwards, yanking his hand back, and the dragon's magic began to be pulled from their bodies.

YOU WILL END.

3 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

2 hours ago, Cash67 said:

Not without Aventine. 

1 hour ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Where is she??? She had that dagger. I'm sure she'll get away, but YOU MIGHT DIE.

1 hour ago, Cash67 said:

SO MIGHT SHE

32 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

22 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

WHO IS THE KID!?!? IS LUNDYN THE KID?? WHAT IS HAPPENING AGHHH

3 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

I have returned from my... "pleasant" AP exam experience

Your fault.

34 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Well... the rift opened. It might not be exactly what I wanted, but... it's still a way out.

Willing the dagger to not open a portal, she carved a message into the wall. She could only hope Pic would find it.

Before she could change her mind, she walked through the rift.

@Cash67