Is MAG Sliverism Canonical?

Trusk'our

Question

I recently found and read the MAG Alloy of Law expansion, and a part of it confused me; Sliverism is described in the book as being like a secretive cult, but I had always imagined Sliverism to be more like a somewhat less popular and progressive version of Survivorism and the Path.

So my question is, how accurate is the MAG material on this matter? Can I trust this to be canonical?

4 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Trusk'our said:

I recently found and read the MAG Alloy of Law expansion, and a part of it confused me; Sliverism is described in the book as being like a secretive cult, but I had always imagined Sliverism to be more like a somewhat less popular and progressive version of Survivorism and the Path.

So my question is, how accurate is the MAG material on this matter? Can I trust this to be canonical?

As far as I know, the only canon information on Sliverism comes from Alloy of Law itself:

Spoiler

Ch 4:

“You imply,” Waxillium said, “that one purpose of this wedding dinner is not in who is invited, but who is not.”

“Precisely,” she said. “And, in order to fulfill that purpose, everybody else must be invited. The Yomens are powerful, even if they do believe in Sliverism. Horrid religion. Imagine, revering Ironeyes himself. 

Ch 11:

It’s called Compounding. By the legends, it’s the way the Sliver gained immortality.”

WoB:

Argent

We know a bit about the Pathians and the Survivorists in Era 2, but almost nothing about the other major religion of the Basin, Sliverism. Can you share a bit about it and about Marsh's role in it.

Brandon Sanderson

I'd rather not right now. So we'll RAFO that.

5 hours ago, Treamayne said:

As far as I know, the only canon information on Sliverism comes from Alloy of Law itself:

Oh see that last one makes me think it may be making a major appearance in Era 3. Makes me wonder if it's going to end up tying in with Scadrian punk culture, should that show up like I think it will.