People you wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley

Voidus

Winter snorted. "Homicidal tendencies? I thought that was 'normal' for you guys. Or, well, me too." Winter sighed, taking the band of tin. She started filling it with pain and the release was brilliant. "I've heard compounding messes up the body, is that true or just myth? So much about everything about Helmuargy and the other Metallic Arts is just stupid speculation! Doesn't anyone know anything? Even among others with Allomancy they don't even care about the facts." Winter blushed a little bit at her stupid rant. "Never mind. Nobody really cares, anyway." 

"It can mess with the body, Gold is better than most though, it just heals any damage back anyway." Voidus paused, taking a pouch out of his lab pocket before tossing it to Winter.
"Gold dust, you'll need to work up some stores. We care about it Winter, that's why the Dark Alley exists, to learn all that we can about the Metallic Arts and even further, their connection with the wider cosmere."
He left Winter alone in the room set aside for her. He'd need to hold a meeting with the others to discuss what would happen next.

Winter blinked, catching the pouch. She looked back at Voidus as he walked out. "Just now." She replied absentmindedly. Winter sat down in a chair. I need to think. Winter thought, unsure. What she had felt before was just anger but maybe, just maybe, they were okay? Winter shook her head. How could she start to feel like this? They killed people for their abilities!

I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobella Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andre Charton-Haymoss Ivanovicci Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser (... the Third- English) and I have been a hunter of peace who chases the mayfly known as love for many, many moons now. There is no rest for me in my search for peace. I meditate diligently every morning. The subjects are life and love. I quit after 3 seconds.

As soon as I get out of these, I'll show you the way out

tumblr_l0d5bvUAbD1qbw62bo1_500.png

The Panda walked in and did a double-take at the spot that LeftVash had recently taken up. Hum. I'll have to procure some ralkalest chains in the future. He took a chair opposite of Winter and asked, "Do you have any questions about the next process, or the Dark Alley in general?" Her whole manner seems to have changed since she came here. She seems almost...confused, now. Not the same seemingly rage-filled wolf that me and Voidus fought.

A astral projection of a slice of cheese appeared thought the wall

" it would have been wise to leave with the spikes haired one....

Wooooooooooohh

The futuwe I s now uncweawww.....

Woooooooohhh" the cheese slice vanished in a ninja poof, still making annoying noises

Winter glanced up at the Panda. "Why do people have to die for helmuargy to work?" She asked, voice shaky. Why couldn't everything be simple? The only simple thing was that until Winter was powerful enough to protect the pack by herself she would stay here. "What's next?" She glared at the piece of cheese and Pushed on a spare coin rapidly towards it, knocking it away.

A rift opened in the ceiling and The Stranger dropped in.

"Well, for hemalurgy to work we need to acquire just a wee bit of a spirit-web. And generally when people lend us a bit of theirs, they tend to, well expire. We wish this wasn't necessary, but until we find an alternative, this is generally how it happens. However, it doesn't always  happen that way. When we borrow a bit from someone who can heal there's a fair chance that they may be able to survive."

He tapped the wall and an opening appeared. There was a small chime and a mechanical arm extended out, carrying a small iced drink with a paper umbrella.

The Stranger grinned and walked towards the wall.

"Enjoy your stay. I encourage you to spend some time in contemplation. Does wonders for the Soul."

The wall rippled like water and the Stranger walked through it, chuckling softly to himself.

He nodded to Voidus who was waiting outside.

"Let's head to a workshop, shall we?"

Voidus nodded, letting the Stranger take the lead. Getting involved in research again was exciting, he'd been far too involved in sales lately. Perhaps he should devote more time to his research, it was after all why he'd entered the Dark Alleys in the first place.
"She's certainly an interesting subject." He said. "We'll need to be careful to balance any new spikes, I don't want to risk damaging the abilities she's gained. They're so... different from the others."
Koloss, Kandra, even their latest experiments in Zoohemalurgy, nothing had managed to produce anything quite like Winter.

"We may need to up the security here too, the rest of her Pack is undoubtedly going to attempt some kind of rescue, I doubt she'd go along with it, she came here willingly enough after all. But I do hate having strangers here in the alley." Voidus gave a little chuckle "No offense." He said to the Stranger.

rrjr010
Would you be willing to take bribes to start Nightblood before finishing WoT!?
Brandon Sanderson

Heh. Nightblood will happen someday. Bribes of cookies or Magic Cards at signings might help. More seriously, I do intend to do this—and post it online as I write it—but it probably won’t be for a few years.

Source

Voidus nodded, letting the Stranger take the lead. Getting involved in research again was exciting, he'd been far too involved in sales lately. Perhaps he should devote more time to his research, it was after all why he'd entered the Dark Alleys in the first place.

"She's certainly an interesting subject." He said. "We'll need to be careful to balance any new spikes, I don't want to risk damaging the abilities she's gained. They're so... different from the others."

Koloss, Kandra, even their latest experiments in Zoohemalurgy, nothing had managed to produce anything quite like Winter.

"We may need to up the security here too, the rest of her Pack is undoubtedly going to attempt some kind of rescue, I doubt she'd go along with it, she came here willingly enough after all. But I do hate having strangers here in the alley." Voidus gave a little chuckle "No offense." He said to the Stranger.

Note: Try identifying possible anomalies while Winter is in wolf form with bronze. Perhaps use Biochroma to help stabilize side effects? Is it possible cognitive splicing occured? Check Shadesmar and Winter there. Perhaps a spike enabling basic Dakhor abilities would be desirable.

Winter, would Dakhor be tempting in combination with current capabilities?

Snoopy?

Yes. I changed my name. InexorablePanda was always a placeholder.

What do you think of combining Dakhor with her current abilities? The enhanced bones would be an interesting ability.

Could be interesting. But I'm concerned about making her too powerful...she's not on our side.

Gak! Why'd you go and change your name? Although it is not nearly as confusing as changing your picture. :ph34r:

Edit: Why don't we get to making a small force of somehing heavy duty, like a spiked rancor? We could basically make an investiture terentatek.

Edited by Redbird3000

Winter never knew about the gold compounding thing. That was kind of stupid of her. Still, if Winter had the choice to go, she would, right? How could she not? Home was the pack... "Is there anything I could have to eat? It's been a while since I last ate and I'm hungry." Winter asked politely, even if her inner voice was screaming. Screaming at her. What was she doing? The old Winter would have tried escaping immediately. But Winter knew they would hurt her if she tried. "Also, would anyone here enjoy wolf form? I'm not sure if it would work with the Spiritual damage from Spikes, but since the gifting process involves converting Investiture to a different form of power, I think it could bypass the damage. It might also not be a trouble since it is Helmuargical damage that affected me in this way in the beginning. The power passed through a break in my Spirit Web so hypothetically it should travel easier through your spirit webs than through the others." 

"Certainly," Snoopy said. "By all means, have a cookie. They're very filling. You can have two, if you want. By the way, one of or informants tells us that the Pack is likely to attack. You may want to call them off before they get hurt. And, thank you for the offer, but I think I'm just fine being plain old Snoopy right now."