People you wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley

Voidus

How do I join the Dark Alley?

it's easy! Anyone interested in and dedicated to the Science of Hemalurgy Art of Baking may join. However, you must either make sales in the Introduction topic or start theories in various forums or contribute to pre-existing discussions on Hemalurgy throughout the 17th. What division are you interested in joining? There's sales, r&d, advertising, transportation, theoretics, or other

Just joking, there is no other division. It doesn't exist, just like Alley 7 doesn't exist.

So to summarize, you will be accepted when you have made a few sales, then feel free to join whichever division you're interested in.

..though speaking of, I need to borrow a few spikes. For science purposes.

We don't lend baking supplies, we trade or sell. A batch of, utensils will require in trade a car battery charged with the light of a dying star. 

Or a mountain of pineapples. Either one. 

Edited by Fatebreaker

No, Ostrich! Resist the allure of hemalurgic cookies!

...though speaking of, I need to borrow a few spikes. For science purposes.

Portal (& Portal 2) must be quoted:

• Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much? In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired! No, not you, test subject, you're fine. Yes, you! Box your stuff, out the front door, parking lot, car, goodbye! -- Cave Johnson
  • Welcome to the Enrichment Center. [cough] Since making test participation mandatory for all employees, the quality of our test subjects has risen dramatically. Employee retention, however, has not. [cough] As a result, you may have heard we're gonna phase out human testing. There's still a few things left to wrap up, though. [cough] The bean counters told me we literally could not afford to buy seven dollars worth of moon rocks, much less seventy million. Bought 'em anyway. Ground 'em up, mixed em into a gel. And guess what? Ground up moon rocks are pure poison. I am deathly ill. Still, it turns out they're a great portal conductor. So now we're gonna see if jumping in and out of these new portals can you somehow leech the lunar poison out of a man's bloodstream. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. [cough] Let's all stay positive and do some science. That said, I would really appreciate it if you could test as fast as possible. Caroline, please bring me more pain pills.  -- Cave Johnson
  • Okay. Look. We both said a lot of things that you're going to regret. But I think we can put our differences behind us. For science. You monster. -- GLaDOS

"But there's no sense crying over every mistake You just keep on trying till you run out of cake cookies And the Science gets done and you make a neat gun steel inquisitor For the people who are still alive."   Alright, we might need to work on those song lyrics some more...

For Science! Totally worth sacrificing your sanity, limbs, relatives, humanity free time!

Quiver, those are not blood oranges, but they''l do. You find a package in the large tree without any leaves. What you find in there is yours, to do with as you see fit.

Geez, all this bad press lately. Let me make a Statement for the Alley to clear a few things up.

Let me just start off by saying that we can neither confirm nor deny anything except the things we can confirm or deny.(yay tautology)

Winter's accounts of the Alley can't be trusted, as her memories were heavily modified, which is standard DA procedure. And for all her wild accusations, she approached us about joining the Alley. Just check the earlier pages of this thread. She currently in one of our holding cells under the influence of our subconscious control factors, which means her above post is actually all a dream. Any long lasting side-effects she's experiencing from receiving the ability to shape-shift are in no way connected to or the responsibility of the Alley

(Thanks to our awesome disclaimer!).

In fact, the only thing we are responsible for is Science!!!

It should also be noted that we hold no ill will toward her or anyone and that all are welcome to the Alley.

If you want further info on the F.I.D.O. project, ask Mail-me so he can answer as cryptically and unhelpfully as possible.

Thank you. Now who'd like a cookie?

Edited by Fatebreaker

Science!Twilight- the unofficial scientist for the herd- is currently pbserving Winter Cloud - or some manifestation of her-in the latters home base. Obviously, it is too early to provide any reasonable conclusions based on the Winter-Constructs behaviour, however, she does wish to go on record as having noticed a certain degree of "crazy" from her, which would corroborate the Dark Alley sentiments that Winter Clouds accounts are skewed at best.

She further requests that any information connected to the sale or use of cookies, most especially of their impact upon human and otherwise sapient creatures, be provided to her forthwith. Like the Dark Alley, she is dedicated to science, and therefore believes that we should all work together to further those goals.

Edited by Quiver

That's a nice sentiment, but only Denizens are allowed access to Alley info. Even then, no one denizen knows what all of the others are doing. 

However, we will share the fact that while the reactions within a species are generally quite similar, sentient species have widely varying reactions.

Suppose- hypothetically speaking, of course- Science!Twilight were to express an interest in joining the Dark Alley-

Not that she'd betray her friends, of course, but Science is a greater motivator than mere 'guild factions'-

- but if she were to, hypothetically, be interested in "visiting" the Dark Alley, what would be required, precisely?

Joining The Alley requires sales in the intro thread and contributions to our particular branch of science.

Keep in mind this isn't simply a place to role-play, it's a place to Research.

That's all that would be required.

Hypothetically of course.

NEW MERCHANDISE!!!!

This new year keep to your resolution to lose weight by using the new "Thinbars". Their natural iron makes them the perfect weight supplement. Simply eat what you want. The effects of the iron will keep even the largest amount of calories from adding weight. You can get this amazing offer for only two payments of $19.95. Order right now and we'll throw in a free supply of "Bendalloy" cookies for your midnight munchies needs by eliminating the calories entirely! This is a life changing offer. Order now!*

* "Thinbars" and "Bendalloy" cookies are subject to all restrictions found in the Dark Alley Disclaimer:

• 2 weeks later...

How do I post a picture? It may be a little late but I found something perfect for the party.

There's a little button just underneath the smiley face in the reply menu that lets you post pictures if you have their URL.

What. The. Calamity. Has. Happened!?

Seriously. I stop posting in this subforum for a month, deeming it to be dead and overrun by the DA, and in my (seemingly timely) absence the Social Groups subform has experienced a complete revival of activity. Why is my timing always so terrible!? 

Hmmm... Perhaps I should add Necromancy to the DA's list of services? :P

For advertising purposes let's call it 'Revitalization' .

"Have you recently lost you favorite pet? Has a loved one kicked the bucket? If you have, don't fret yet!* Instead, purchase our new Revitalization Cookies! Crafted with love and precision, the Revitalization Cookie can bring the ones you love back from cold fingers of death, so you can frolic and play and do whatever you do with your loved ones for eternity.**

But wait, there's more!

Buy one Revitalization cookie and will throw in a complimentary set of three Classic Dark Alley Cookies absolutely free!***

So don't morn or cry, Revitalize!

This add has been brought to you by the Dark Alley, copyright the entirety of Time and Beyond.

* You are free to fret later.

** Eternitty is only guaranteed if Customer also consumes the correct cookies. Also this won't bring back goldfish, it just makes them explode. Not sure why.

*** The complimentary cookies are not infact free and will cost  three souls. A-piece. 

Disclaimer: Disclaimers follow(Neither the seller not the manufacture will be liable for any brain damage arising from the use of this product.Void where prohibited except where not prohibited.Above terms subject to change without notice.Action figures sold separately.Actual price set by retailers.All research statistics are blatantly flagrant.All rights reserved.All sales final.Any other application constitutes fraud.At participating locations only.Alternate toy available for children under 3.Because some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitations may not apply to you.By continuing to use this system you indicate your awareness of and consent to these terms and conditions of use.Caveat emptor.Do not look at laser beam with remaining eye.Your results may vary.Disclaimer does not cover misuse, accident, lightning, flood, tornado, tsunami, volcanic eruption, earthquake, hurricanes and other Acts of a Shard, neglect, damage from improper or unauthorized repair, incorrect line voltage, broken antenna or marred cabinet, missing or altered serial numbers, electromagnetic radiation from nuclear blasts, sonic boom vibrations, customer adjustments that are not covered in this joke list, and incidents owing to airplane crash, ship sinking, motor vehicle accidents, dropping the item, falling rocks, leaky roof, broken glass, mud slides, forest fire, or projectile (which can include, but not be limited to, arrows, bullets, shot, BB's, shrapnel, lasers, napalm, torpedoes, or emissions of X-rays, Alpha, Beta and Gamma rays, knives, sticks and stones, et al.)User assumes full liabilities.Some humor and satire included.Price and participation may vary.Not to be used for the other use.Words crossed out are to be disregarded unless they resemble spikes piercing words, in which case you should probably see your local spike cookie vendor.May be addicitve.

This supersedes any previous disclaimer: The above disclaimers may be inacurate and cookies will be provided in case of Shardic intervention.)

Edited by Fatebreaker

Distinguished leaders of the Alleys I would like to raise a certain issue with you all, sales have dropped recently due to an influx of baffling and inferior competition in the cookie market. The Pandas have begun advertising their own 'bamboo cookies' in the Introduction threads and taking valuable souls customers.
I would like to convene an emergency meeting of the Alleys to discuss this problem.