People you wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley

Voidus

I've been thinking about a lovely addition to our group: a spike cookie truck. Think an ice cream truck but with blacked out windows and low lighting to spread our spikes cookies to more. I vote that we start this right after the party. By the way, here's the party enchidnas. 

Thank you, thank you.

I should be able to have this up within 24 hours.

Music suggestions? Decoration ideas?

We may be able to...enhance the mood with more upbeat music. Distract the partygoers from the screams of victims problems of the outside world :ph34r:

I suggest a dance with low lighting and loudish music. After all, when you are at a dance, you loose track of most the people you are with after a little while anyway, and don't find them till the dance stops ... which it doesn't have to until Inquisitors outnumber remaining victims invitees and we have enough emotional Allomancers in the DA to control them all.

While the dim lights and loud dance music are good ideas, let's keep in mind this is the first DA party. we don't want to scare everyone off forever. Yes the plan is to get taste-testers, but we can't have everyone volunteer or the 17th staff might intervene. So we have to be discreet and exercise self control.

Also, we want to throw a classy party, so we should play loud music of some other kind. Maybe Celtic, have the guests dance a complicated reel. It'll make it easier to separate guests from the herd.

As for snacks, we should showcase our diversity. Chouta, enchiladas, meat-pies, brownies, cakes, even strudel! 

I imagine the party will start Friday night, Pacific Coast Time.

The large steel doors of the Warehouse slowly rumbled open, sending echos bouncing off the walls.

The Stranger walked in pulling a red wagon behind him, loaded with small boxes.

He looked around the vast empty space for a moment, then lifted his top-hat and pulled a smooth metallic box from inside.

He grinned as he stared at the bow in his hand.

"And so it begins."

He threw the box into the air, and it landed in the center of the room. It sat there for a moment.

Then it exploded.

Colored light surged from the box, growing brighter and brighter until it was blinding.

When the light cleared, the room was transformed. A large dance-floor dominated the room, made entirely out of shining metal. circular stair-ways and balconies had sprung up around the room. 

The Stranger turned back to the wagon and started grabbing and throwing boxes around the room. Here appeared a elevated platform with musicians tuning their instruments, there large tables for food, and closest to the Stranger, a lively sock-puppet show, without any discernible puppeteers. The Stranger noticed some of the trapdoors around the room were showing, so he threw another box and they ere covered by decorative rugs.

Within moments the room was unrecognizable. But it wasn't over yet.

"And now, the most important part, food."

He put two fingers to his mouth and whistled loudly. Doors opened around the room and Dark Alley Acolytes Entered. 

Alot of them.

Robed figures with dark masks on their faces that had a single spike driven through the forehead and out the back of the skull. They formed rows in front of him and stood silently.

The Stranger turned to one close to him.

"Leonard, what are you guys wearing?"

Leonard shambled forward, "Ceremonial garb, sir?"

The Stranger shook his head.

"Tut tut Leonard, were a business, not a cult. Here," 

He snapped his fingers and the robes the acolytes were wearing transformed into suits with tailcoats.

"much better. Very shnazzy. And take off those silly masks."

The acolytes grumbled as they pulled off the masks. The spikes turned out to be fakes, the head glued to the mask and the tip attached by a wire.

Leonard raised his hand, "Sir, can we keep the masks? We put alot of work into making these."

The Stranger grinned

"Oh, very well. But they're terribly impractical. What happens if you have to sneeze? Or you get an itch on your nose? Anyway,"

He turned to the crowd

"it's time to bring on the SNACKS!!! Oh, and Leonard, make sure you've fed the Walrusquisitors."

The acolytes turned and diapered through various secret doors and passages, only to return with food moments later.

And it looked delicious. 

Meat-pies, burritos, sandwiches, cakes, pies, brownies, and cookies.

Lots of cookies.

The Stranger grinned as he surveyed his handiwork,as he pulled an apple from a pocket on his long dark-grey lab coat.

It had taken only a few minutes.

He signaled the musicians around the room and they began playing some lively music.

The other Denizens would be arriving soon with their own snacks and tricks.

The scene was set now all he needed was attendees.

Edited by Fatebreaker

Okay. I'm in.

Official First Invitee to Arrive.

Winter Cloud walked inside, considering whether or not she should shift. It had been a while since she had walked here, even though she used to belong here. Winter had thought splitting off was a good idea. Maybe she should have stayed, no one had found their way to her thread. Winter watched the crowds of members dance around. She was noticed, of course she was. Winter wondered if she should have delayed her arrival. Maybe she shouldn't have come at all. No, the party might bring her new recruits to change into Wolfkind. Winter ducked her head. She wore a simple hazel dress with brown slippers. Her long hair fell over her shoulders. She had changed into a different person since leaving here. Maybe it was the company she kept. Or the lack of it.

Winter sighed, scanning the room. There were cookies and all sorts of baked goods on a table, but she knew not to trust them. Some lessons she could never forget. Welcome to the party, right? She tucked a loose strand of hair behind her shoulders. Why was she so nervous? She knew the tricks of this place well enough to stay alive. Of course, her knives were strapped to her knees and her wolf form was never far away. Never go into an ally unarmed and you will stay unharmed.

Official First Invitee to Arrive indeed. 

Okay. I'm in.

Official First Invitee to Arrive.

Winter Cloud walked inside, considering whether or not she should shift. It had been a while since she had walked here, even though she used to belong here. Winter had thought splitting off was a good idea. Maybe she should have stayed, no one had found their way to her thread. Winter watched the crowds of members dance around. She was noticed, of course she was. Winter wondered if she should have delayed her arrival. Maybe she shouldn't have come at all. No, the party might bring her new recruits to change into Wolfkind. Winter ducked her head. She wore a simple hazel dress with brown slippers. Her long hair fell over her shoulders. She had changed into a different person since leaving here. Maybe it was the company she kept. Or the lack of it.

Winter sighed, scanning the room. There were cookies and all sorts of baked goods on a table, but she knew not to trust them. Some lessons she could never forget. Welcome to the party, right? She tucked a loose strand of hair behind her shoulders. Why was she so nervous? She knew the tricks of this place well enough to stay alive. Of course, her knives were strapped to her knees and her wolf form was never far away. Never go into an ally unarmed and you will stay unharmed.

Official First Invitee to Arrive indeed.

The doors swung open and Queen Elsa Steelheart, an endorcer of the Dark Alley, walked in wearing a beautiful ice dress with heels and her golden hair hung over her shoulder in a braid."Hello!" She walked over to Winter Cloud, "Hello, she said smiling. Nice to see you again!"

Voidus, one of the first to lurk the alleys of dark crept silently into the room, instincts born from years of lurking quieted his footsteps and with barely a whisper he made his way across the room, startling one of the acolytes by snatching a pie from his plate.

It had been a brilliant idea this party, the lurkers had all been working hard lately and while they all enjoyed their work it would be good for them all to socialize.

Soon after his arrival another trail of acolytes formed in the doorway, these carrying his trademark cookies. One could never have too many cookies, especially at this party.

"More refreshments have arrived!" Voidus called to the room, sweeping a bow to Queen Elsa as he did so.

(I can do second if you want me to)

You wave to the Queen. "Hello!" You smile eagerly. This party would be a blast, even if you had some doubts about it...

(Actually I can't. Storm that. I'm going third again.)

She waved to the Queen. "Hello." Winter Cloud smiled, glad she had a familiar face among the crowd. Although these people had been her allies for a while, these people were strange and twisted. Although the Queen did official endorse the Dark Alley.... Never mind. Winter herself used to be strange and twisted, it was these experiments that had brought her to her current form.

She looked in a mirror to see if she could see the Chromium spike that had changed her into Wolfkind in her back. Others would not have to take the painful way that she had to become Wolfkind. Winter was only the first of her kind, but she had developed a simpler and less dangerous way of transformation. "How are you?"

(I can do second if you want me to)

You wave to the Queen. "Hello!" You smile eagerly. This party would be a blast, even if you had some doubts about it...

(Actually I can't. Storm that. I'm going third again.)

She waved to the Queen. "Hello." Winter Cloud smiled, glad she had a familiar face among the crowd. Although these people had been her allies for a while, these people were strange and twisted. Although the Queen did official endorse the Dark Alley.... Never mind. Winter herself used to be strange and twisted, it was these experiments that had brought her to her current form.

She looked in a mirror to see if she could see the Chromium spike that had changed her into Wolfkind in her back. Others would not have to take the painful way that she had to become Wolfkind. Winter was only the first of her kind, but she had developed a simpler and less dangerous way of transformation. "How are you?"

The Queen smiled back. "I am great! How are you and your wolves?"

(Also I've noticed it's not only third person but past tense too :D)

Mail-mi strode confidently into the room, red-stained lab coat billowing out behind him. The loud music and bright lights threatened to overwhelm him; coming out of the dark alleys and into this was quite a shock, to say the least.

He found a nice empty corner, and directed his acolytes to set up his display stand. It was a small table, topped with a bowl of cookies and a waiver, and a sign that said "Taste testers needed! Two month's supply of free cookies to all who sign up!"

"Hello!" he said eagerly to the first person that walked by. "Would you be interested in doing some taste-testing? I'm trying to test what the correct placement of sp--" he coughed, covering up what he was about to say "--chocolate chips is in the cookies. Are you interested?"

Edited by mail-mi

"No." Winter sighed. "I've been here before." Winter gestured towards the location of her chromium spike. "I know what you really meant." Winter walked off, tossing her hair over her shoulder. She turned her head and her canines sharpened. She gave him a toothy grin, then slipped back into the crowd.