Jedi Insurgence - a Star Wars RP

Channelknight Fadran

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

(Aria is Master Feisyyd's first name. Nayla's the lil baby padawan who I had a blast drawing.

I knew that, but for some reason I thought Feisyyd asked Rajib about the Sith.

Rajib stands up to follow Master Feisyyd. Perhaps they shouldn’t have told the young Padawan about Azana and Astrainva but…she needed to know. It was important that the youth didn’t have idealized visions of duels with Sith, especially after the chaos that was yesterday. 

3 hours ago, Justice_Magician said:

"Okay," Cloud said, getting up to follow her. He felt so close to feeling the things around him, if he just reached a little farther . . .

3 hours ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

Rajib stands up to follow Master Feisyyd. Perhaps they shouldn’t have told the young Padawan about Azana and Astrainva but…she needed to know. It was important that the youth didn’t have idealized visions of duels with Sith, especially after the chaos that was yesterday. 

2 hours ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Ahhhh! Pucky suddenly stood up. He had been meditating, but he had suddenly been terrified.  He looked at the others. “The sith is somehow disturbing me. We must act. We must take care of him!”

"Indeed," Feisyyd said as she led them into the hills. That was the only word she spoke for awhile.

They arrived at an ancient site - older, perhaps, than even the Temple that the Order had been occupying. It was little more than a ring of stones long since overgrown by moss and lichen. The site itself probably spanned several kilometers, but the circle in the center was only fifteen or so meters in diameter. The Force resonated here. It felt weak, but... old. Experienced. Full of memory, like mountains worn by millions of years of wind and rain.

It also happened to be where the Dark Assassin Krarik was waiting for them.

"I don't believe you are here for our competition, Master Feisyyd," he said, eyes closed in meditation.

@Ravenclawjedi42 @Justice_Magician @Scars of Hathsin @Ancient Elantrian @ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ @The Bookwyrm

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

2 hours ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Pucky looked at the Sith. Hunger for Justice behind his eyes.

2 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“What…?” Rukk asked. “I thought we had three days?”

"You do," Krarik replied, "and I don't believe we are here that confrontation. Your Master seems to have other intentions."

In response, Feisyyd sat upon a rock at the other end of the circle. She rested her shoulders, placing her arms into her lap, and fell still. "Find your Perception, my friends. Seek the Truesight."

Krarik chuckled, and said, "I see." But after that, he became silent.

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"You do," Krarik replied, "and I don't believe we are here that confrontation. Your Master seems to have other intentions."

In response, Feisyyd sat upon a rock at the other end of the circle. She rested her shoulders, placing her arms into her lap, and fell still. "Find your Perception, my friends. Seek the Truesight."

Krarik chuckled, and said, "I see." But after that, he became silent.

Rukk sat down and began meditating. He merged his senses together, and then… @Channelknight Fadran

Not sure what’s supposed to happen now.

"May I?" Krarik asked.

Feisyyd did not reply.

"I don't believe she's told you why she brought you here," he continued, stance still meditative. "And I don't intend to tell you either. But I'll give you a hint: remember your history lessons that teach of the most ancient days of the Force."

20 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"May I?" Krarik asked.

Feisyyd did not reply.

"I don't believe she's told you why she brought you here," he continued, stance still meditative. "And I don't intend to tell you either. But I'll give you a hint: remember your history lessons that teach of the most ancient days of the Force."

Cloud sat down nervously. Miss Witch was really just going to let him sit there? He knew she probably had some wisdom behind it, but every bone in his body was telling him to run. 

He took a deep breath and tried to relax. It was much, much harder this time. He started to feel . . . something? The trees maybe, like Miss Witch said he could?

@Channelknight Fadran?

Edited by Justice_Magician

22 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Rukk sat down and began meditating. He merged his senses together, and then… @Channelknight Fadran

22 hours ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Picky joined, but he kept half an eye on the Sith.

7 hours ago, Justice_Magician said:

Cloud sat down nervously. Miss Witch was really just going to let him sit there? He knew she probably had some wisdom behind it, but every bone in his body was telling him to run. 

He took a deep breath and tried to relax. It was much, much harder this time. He started to feel . . . something? The trees maybe, like Miss Witch said he could?

The Dark and Light flowed together here. This place was far older than the Jedi and the Sith - before that divide had even been made, from the ancient days of philosophers and scholars. They used to live in harmony, despite their differences, and yet here they were now.

Those were the thoughts that travelled through Feisyyd's mind, and from what she could tell... yes, they were the same in the thoughts of Krarik. Most Sith were more knowledgeable of the Force than even some Jedi Knights nowadays, but this one in particular was perhaps even wiser and more experienced than Grandmaster Shan. Feisyyd sensed a balance in him unmatched by any Wielder she had ever met, and thought it was dark, it was... gently so. So many Sith Warriors filled their souls with turmoil, pain, and hatred - indeed, many knew that this was from whence they drew their power.

But the pure creed of the Jedi followed honor, selflessness, and detachment; and so many tragedies had come in the wake of blind faith in that way. In a way, Feisyyd blamed the fall of her beloved Jedi Order on their own pride and intolerance. The Sith who relied so heavily on their emotions were the most vulnerable at times, exchanging peace of mind and solidarity for raw power, and in many cases this had been the source of their own downfall... but this man was different. She'd felt it from the moment he first arrived, and since could not expel the sensation from her mind.

Krarik was exactly like herself. In another world he could have been the Jedi and herself the Assassin: the only difference was that his heart was set in the Darkness, and her own was in the Light.

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

The Dark and Light flowed together here. This place was far older than the Jedi and the Sith - before that divide had even been made, from the ancient days of philosophers and scholars. They used to live in harmony, despite their differences, and yet here they were now.

Those were the thoughts that travelled through Feisyyd's mind, and from what she could tell... yes, they were the same in the thoughts of Krarik. Most Sith were more knowledgeable of the Force than even some Jedi Knights nowadays, but this one in particular was perhaps even wiser and more experienced than Grandmaster Shan. Feisyyd sensed a balance in him unmatched by any Wielder she had ever met, and thought it was dark, it was... gently so. So many Sith Warriors filled their souls with turmoil, pain, and hatred - indeed, many knew that this was from whence they drew their power.

But the pure creed of the Jedi followed honor, selflessness, and detachment; and so many tragedies had come in the wake of blind faith in that way. In a way, Feisyyd blamed the fall of her beloved Jedi Order on their own pride and intolerance. The Sith who relied so heavily on their emotions were the most vulnerable at times, exchanging peace of mind and solidarity for raw power, and in many cases this had been the source of their own downfall... but this man was different. She'd felt it from the moment he first arrived, and since could not expel the sensation from her mind.

Krarik was exactly like herself. In another world he could have been the Jedi and herself the Assassin: the only difference was that his heart was set in the Darkness, and her own was in the Light.

Cloud was almost there . . . the things around him started to feel close.

Maybe not close, but actually there, even though his eyes were closed . . . The trees, the rocks, Miss Witch. 

And then, he could feel them all. 

"Well huh," he mumbled to himself, "That's new."

"So Miss Witch," Cloud whispered, leaning over, "What are we supposed to do now?"

19 hours ago, Justice_Magician said:

Cloud was almost there . . . the things around him started to feel close.

Maybe not close, but actually there, even though his eyes were closed . . . The trees, the rocks, Miss Witch. 

And then, he could feel them all. 

"Well huh," he mumbled to himself, "That's new."

"So Miss Witch," Cloud whispered, leaning over, "What are we supposed to do now?"

Indeed, he was gifted. "Maintain the sensation. Allow it to become familiar."

"It's called Attunement," Krarik interrupted.

Feisyyd raised an eyebrow, but otherwise didn't respond.

"One of the most basic Tenets of the Force and learning to harness its power. There are some exceptionally rare cases of incredibly powerful Wielders learning to harness a full Ability within only days - or fewer, sometimes. But as a rule, no Principle or Technique of the Force - Light or Dark - can be mastered so quickly. Attunement refers to the additive nature of experience, and how your proficiency with various skills will only increase with time."

He opened an eye to look at the Master and smirk.

"But that doesn't seem to be her intent here."

@Ravenclawjedi42 @Ancient Elantrian @ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ @The Bookwyrm

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

7 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"One of the most basic Tenets of the Force and learning to harness its power. There are some exceptionally rare cases of incredibly powerful Wielders learning to harness a full Ability within only days - or fewer, sometimes. But as a rule, no Principle or Technique of the Force - Light or Dark - can be mastered so quickly. Attunement refers to the additive nature of experience, and how your proficiency with various skills will only increase with time."

Cloud pointedly ignored him. Krarik's words seemed wise, but he had a hard time trusting anything someone like him would say. He'd made that mistake once.

Edited by Justice_Magician

12 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

@Ravenclawjedi42 @Ancient Elantrian @ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ @The Bookwyrm

"What is your intent with this exercize master Feisyyd?"

4 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"What is your intent with this exercize master Feisyyd?"

Feisyyd did not reply, but Krarik did.

"She teaches by experience," he said. "The organic, natural progression of knowledge and skill. Indeed, perhaps it is more effective for one to grasp a concept independently rather than blindly follow teachings."

"But you disagree," Feisyyd replied.

He chuckled. "Ah, not entirely. I only disagree with the fact that you maintain this philosophy even now. Three days is scarcely enough time for regular Attunement."

"So you've determined my intentions?"

"I believe so." Krarik opened his eyes to look at the other Jedi, then gestured to the stone in the center of the ring with a grin. "Come, friends. Who would like to be tested first?"

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Feisyyd did not reply, but Krarik did.

"She teaches by experience," he said. "The organic, natural progression of knowledge and skill. Indeed, perhaps it is more effective for one to grasp a concept independently rather than blindly follow teachings."

"But you disagree," Feisyyd replied.

He chuckled. "Ah, not entirely. I only disagree with the fact that you maintain this philosophy even now. Three days is scarcely enough time for regular Attunement."

"So you've determined my intentions?"

"I believe so." Krarik opened his eyes to look at the other Jedi, then gestured to the stone in the center of the ring with a grin. "Come, friends. Who would like to be tested first?"

"I can." Rukk volunteered.

7 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Then sit upon the stone, and prepare yourself."

Rukk walked over and sat on the rock. He prepared himself, breathing. "You guys, if I don't make it through this I want you to know one thing." He said. "I'm NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP!"

Rajib frowned. They knew of Aria’s whole teaching by experience thing, but this seemed extreme, even for her. Bringing a bunch of people, most of them padawans, to a place where she knew there to be a Sith. Unless…could Krarik not be a real Sith? Perhaps he was a Jedi, disguised as one, working with Master Feissyd on this lesson? But then how come he used abilities from the Dark Side of the Force?