Dragon Steel 2023 Discussion

16 hours ago, Silver Phantom said:

I am really not sure. But last year I got there about 30 minutes early and I was already almost out side the line was so long

30 minutes before registration opens, or 30 minutes before paneling opens? 

And that's a wrap on Dragonsteel for me!

I got all of the swag I could have wanted, had some fun conversations, and even got my questions answered!*

Thank you @Argent for the 17th Shard ribbon! (I was the dude in the front row at the Defiant release party tonight!) Let's do this all again next year!

*My questions were: 

(Asked during Intentionally Blank) - Between the worlds in Apocalypse Guard and Dark One, which would you [Brandon and Dan] rather live on?" (They both answered Dark One, since Apocalypse Guard's worlds are constantly ending and Dan loves the characters in Dark One very much.)

(Asked during Spoiler Q&A) - Have we met the admiral of the Night Brigade or the family of said admiral (in Sunlit Man)? Paraphrasing, but the Admiral is the protagonist of The Night Brigade! Brandon emphasized that she is NOT the hero (which connotes a level of morality she may not possess), but she is the protagonist. 

My brother asked during the personalization signing whether animals could evolve to form symbiotic bonds with Aethers in a similar manner to the way animals on Roshar evolve to form Nahel bonds with spren.

Brandon responded that they could, and that the Luhel bond is more able to do these sorts of things.

On 11/21/2023 at 11:36 PM, Use the Falchion said:

Thank you @Argent for the 17th Shard ribbon! (I was the dude in the front row at the Defiant release party tonight!) Let's do this all again next year!

I wish I'd known it was you, we should've chatted some more!