Spoiler

Ok, as I was reading ROW for the… manyith time and as i read the part where Dalinar visits Ishar, I thought some of the stuff he said was interesting. 

He says he is “aspect of the Almighty”, and he says “I will become a god amount gods, Adonalsium reborn” 

He  has the full, untamed power of a bondsmith. What was the power of Honor? Wasn’t it just connections? The radiants have all sorts of powers but those from from their bonds. Isn’t the power of a bondsmith unbound, the power of Honor? But he does not have all the restraints that a shard does. He plans, or seems to plan to re-bind the shards and become adonalsium. Could he do that?

So does he have the full power honor did, and if so, could he use it on shards?

Spoiler for ROW

15 minutes ago, WitIsThe Best said:

He says he is “aspect of the Almighty”, and he says “I will become a god amount gods, Adonalsium reborn” 

Just remember, he is mad. Take what he says with a grain of salt. I don't think he can claim that he's "an aspect of the Almighty", because for all we know he isn't bound to any Shattered piece of Honor, like Dalinar/SF is. Can he be? Possibly, but then Stormfather should be able to recognize that.

6 minutes ago, WitIsThe Best said:

What was the power of Honor? Wasn’t it just connections?

Honor is about laws and bindings. 

7 minutes ago, WitIsThe Best said:

Isn’t the power of a bondsmith unbound, the power of Honor?

No. However it uses the Honor's purest surge, Adhesion, specifically spiritual Adhesion - manipulating connections.

8 minutes ago, WitIsThe Best said:

He plans, or seems to plan to re-bind the shards and become adonalsium. Could he do that?

Yes, but one doesn't have to be a Bondsmith to Ascend to multiple Shards, he just has to have proper connections to them.

Spoiler

CephandriusTW

Stormfather once said that "Three of sixteen ruled but now the Broken One reigns" and that "Odium reigns", is not crazy to think that Odium is the Broken One. My question is, could be possible to fuse Odium's shard (without Rayse) with the remanents of Honor (his Cognitive Shadow) in order to create a new whole Shard? Could Dalinar do something like that? He would be uniting them (two Shards, one of them supposed to be the Broken One and the other that we actually now is a bit broken).

Brandon Sanderson

[That] is possible

General Reddit 2020 (June 18, 2020)

Spoiler

RayW2

Can Dalinar hypothetically repair Honor's Shard or this is beyond his powers?

Brandon Sanderson

This would not be within the scope of his powers, traditionally. (Though I should note that what it even means to 'repair Honor's Shard' is subject to debate.)

Skyward Pre-Release AMA (Oct. 4, 2018)

11 minutes ago, WitIsThe Best said:

So does he have the full power honor did

No, Ishar isn't a Shard, he doesn't have as much power as a Shard, he isn't Honor. But he's unbound, he can do a lot with his powers and bind a Shard under the right circumstances. I don't think Ishar can do more than a Shard, especially Honor, but he can certainly mess things up.

22 minutes ago, WitIsThe Best said:

Spoiler for ROW

No need for them.

2 hours ago, alder24 said:

Just remember, he is mad. Take what he says with a grain of salt. I don't think he can claim that he's "an aspect of the Almighty", because for all we know he isn't bound to any Shattered piece of Honor, like Dalinar/SF is. Can he be? Possibly, but then Stormfather should be able to recognize that.

Honor is about laws and bindings. 

No. However it uses the Honor's purest surge, Adhesion, specifically spiritual Adhesion - manipulating connections.

Yes, but one doesn't have to be a Bondsmith to Ascend to multiple Shards, he just has to have proper connections to them.

Hide contents

CephandriusTW

Stormfather once said that "Three of sixteen ruled but now the Broken One reigns" and that "Odium reigns", is not crazy to think that Odium is the Broken One. My question is, could be possible to fuse Odium's shard (without Rayse) with the remanents of Honor (his Cognitive Shadow) in order to create a new whole Shard? Could Dalinar do something like that? He would be uniting them (two Shards, one of them supposed to be the Broken One and the other that we actually now is a bit broken).

Brandon Sanderson

[That] is possible

General Reddit 2020 (June 18, 2020)

Reveal hidden contents

RayW2

Can Dalinar hypothetically repair Honor's Shard or this is beyond his powers?

Brandon Sanderson

This would not be within the scope of his powers, traditionally. (Though I should note that what it even means to 'repair Honor's Shard' is subject to debate.)

Skyward Pre-Release AMA (Oct. 4, 2018)

No, Ishar isn't a Shard, he doesn't have as much power as a Shard, he isn't Honor. But he's unbound, he can do a lot with his powers and bind a Shard under the right circumstances. I don't think Ishar can do more than a Shard, especially Honor, but he can certainly mess things up.

No need for them.

Isn't he though? The honor blades are parts of honors own soul. 

2 hours ago, bmcclure7 said:

The honor blades are parts of honors own soul. 

Yes, they are. . . in the same way that the splinter in your finger was once part of a tall hardwood tree.

Also note: Having some or most of the parts of Honor's shattered investiture would still not be enough to reform the Shard of Honor:

Spoiler

Questioner

Does that mean Honor could be reborn?

Brandon Sanderson

So, there are things standing in the way, but cosmereologically, it is fully possible that another person could become Honor. The Vessel that was holding Honor before is gone. Though the Stormfather is kind of his Cognitive Shadow at this point, in a way. But the power, something else could be done with it. Or it could remain in the state it is now. Your answer is yes, but there are some hindrances along the way.

5 hours ago, WitIsThe Best said:

If he Doesn’t have the power to binds shards to gather, could he still have the power to binds Honor’s splinters to reforge the shard?

Per WoBs I posted, he can both combine Shards together and possibly restore Honor from its Splintered pieces. "Full power of Honor" isn't required for that, he is Bondsmith unbound.

• 1 month later...

On this wob, he could potentially bring shards together and remake Adonalsium, right? Just by doing what salinar could do to  the shards.

CephandriusTW

Brandon Sanderson

[That] is possible