Stormlight Archive Art

3 hours ago, ModelManntastic said:

This is a cropped version of a Way of Kings drawing I did for my own enjoyment. Couldn't decide on what color version I like more.

I know it's not quite how the visage of the Stormfather is described but this image has always overridden the cannon in my mind ...

Oh Storms, that's soooo cooool. Both color versions fit so well.  I love it!

Edited by alder24

BROOOO.
this is AMAZING! I have to say I’m a fan of the orange background, especially considering that orange and blue are complimentary colors. It really helps to define where the background ends. This is absolutely incredible though :o 

Two things that really stand out to me are the nose structure and the rim lighting. Very impressive, incredible job. 

22 hours ago, Kajsa :) said:

BROOOO.
this is AMAZING! I have to say I’m a fan of the orange background, especially considering that orange and blue are complimentary colors. It really helps to define where the background ends. This is absolutely incredible though :o 

Two things that really stand out to me are the nose structure and the rim lighting. Very impressive, incredible job. 

Thanks Kajsa! That has been the favorite of everyone I've asked. The all blue one was my original concept so it's hard to let go of it though ... that's why I was silly and finished both. I am pretty sure the orange and blue one is objectively better, haha. I also like that the orange and blue one hits slightly closer to the colors on the cover (at least the American one).

It was definitely fun to do the lighting so thank you!

On 5/20/2023 at 10:56 AM, Argent said:

Oh yeah, the vibes are just perfect!

Thanks Argent! Glad it doesn't feel to blasphemous to mix it up a bit from the book.

On 5/20/2023 at 10:13 AM, alder24 said:

Oh Storms, that's soooo cooool. Both color versions fit so well.  I love it!

Thanks Alder! I had a lot of fun with this one! I would love to do an image for each Stormlight book eventually ...

I prefer the blue, it makes the whole thing feel more dreamlike and mythical, less like it's what is actually being seen and more like it's just Kaladin seeing it.

Holy freaking COW it's awesome though. Both of them are. I would totally make that thing my email background or something, I just love looking at it. 10/10

3 hours ago, ModelManntastic said:

Thanks Argent! Glad it doesn't feel to blasphemous to mix it up a bit from the book.

Fanart is meant to bring the fan's version of things. If everyone painted the same things the same way, things would get a little boring. 

On 5/21/2023 at 11:29 AM, Bondsmith-Edgedancer said:

I prefer the blue, it makes the whole thing feel more dreamlike and mythical, less like it's what is actually being seen and more like it's just Kaladin seeing it.

Holy freaking COW it's awesome though. Both of them are. I would totally make that thing my email background or something, I just love looking at it. 10/10

Thanks B-E, glad to hear from someone on my side, haha. And thanks for the perfect score!

• 2 months later...
On 5/20/2023 at 0:29 PM, ModelManntastic said:

This is a cropped version of a Way of Kings drawing I did for my own enjoyment. Couldn't decide on what color version I like more.

I know it's not quite how the visage of the Stormfather is described but this image has always overridden the cannon in my mind ...

Cosmere - SA1 - The Way of Kings  - Wallpaper v1.png

Cosmere - SA1 - The Way of Kings  - Wallpaper v2.png

Oh Stormfather... I could see the bottom being his Iike neutral state and he flashes like in the top Pic for sure.

On 5/20/2023 at 0:29 PM, ModelManntastic said:

Cosmere - SA1 - The Way of Kings  - Wallpaper v1.png

Cosmere - SA1 - The Way of Kings  - Wallpaper v2.png

Somehow, the Stormfather feels so much bigger in the second, bluer one (to me). I honestly like the way the first one looks bettter, but I get a visceral reaction to the second piece. Truly fantastic.