Random Twinborn Combos: Go!

Koloss17

2 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

We’ll see tho. It looks like I’m approaching that point, but haven’t gotten there yet. I’ll keep y’all posted!

F-duralumin is connection, as Trusk'our pointed out. Maybe the approach is faster than we all thought :P.

4 hours ago, Argenti said:

@Koloss17 not rush you or anything... but you have 2 hours until its been 24 hours *Gasp*

I am not joking when I say I thought of making the exact same post about 30 minutes before you made yours.

This is a good thread.

EDIT: page 10

Edited by mip67
page 10

9 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

Random Twinborn Combo Day 28:

A-Bendalloy and F-Duralumin

Well given that one creates a bubble where you can do more in less time, and the other allows you to keep going at something over a large amount of time, I would say the synergy is quite straightforward.

Get 5 degrees in the span of three years!

The ultimate workaholic or over-studious Twinborn combo. Not much more to say than that, but still, it could be quite nice for sure.

Resonance: I would say that they would naturally be a quick learner, and pick up on topics faster than most.

Name: Quickstudy, hands down

Rating: 7.5/10. Cool, but not too cool.

Wait? "keep going at something over a large amount of time"? What do you think F-duralumin does? F-duralumin is connection. Did you mix it with F-electrum (determination) again? :P 

That can be an interesting combo - put a bubble when some dude is charging at you, keep storing your connection to him, drop the bubble, tap it and watch him being all confused because of his sudden feelings for you. Almost like emotional Allomancy. Can be handy. You're wanting to extract some information from guys you've never met? Put a bubble, start storing connections to them, drop it and tap connection as strong as you can, now you're their friend and a part of their "group" and they will just spill the beans. A good combo for a detective or investigator.

Name: Walmart Wayne :P (because Wayne can do that too just by changing his accent)

As a side note, I’m not loving how much I’m pushing the time on these posts. There’s a chance, at some point soon-ish, but we’ll see, that I will need someone to sub in for about a week to enable some recharging time for myself. This isn’t a particularly difficult task, and it is one that I enjoy, but commitments are commitments, and when you kinda have to do something every day, burning out, at least for a little bit, is generally inevitable.

We’ll see tho. It looks like I’m approaching that point, but haven’t gotten there yet. I’ll keep y’all posted!

You're doing a great job with those combos, it's fun to talk about them. Don't feel too pressured, you're doing it for fun and if you don't make it on time, you can just skip a day or two, or even take a longer break. It's ok. You can post it after the 24 h time period, don't be too attached to this "deadline once a day". After all it's just for fun, make sure you are having fun in the first place  ;)

10 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

As a side note, I’m not loving how much I’m pushing the time on these posts. There’s a chance, at some point soon-ish, but we’ll see, that I will need someone to sub in for about a week to enable some recharging time for myself. This isn’t a particularly difficult task, and it is one that I enjoy, but commitments are commitments, and when you kinda have to do something every day, burning out, at least for a little bit, is generally inevitable.

Don't be afraid to take a break. You don't need anybody to cover for you, if you think you need to, just take a break. We don't care about the 'streak' or anything. I'd rather have you just do the combos on your own time, when you feel ready, rather than forcing you to do it daily. Hope you get a break soon :)

Random Twinborn Combo Day 29: 

A-Steel and F-Tin

Alright folks, this, at least for a while, was my favorite Twinborn combo. I might be slightly preferential to A-Iron and F-Tin, but this one has the generic awesomeness that I love.

Forst off, you have Allomantic Steel, which is just really fun. Deflecting bullets, turning things into bullets, and shooting into the sky like a bullet. All the high speed combat action you need. And from a domestic’s perspective, getting from place to place quickly without the need for a car is mighty nice. You could also close doors at a distance, which can certainly be nice. Additionally, while burning it, you can see every source of metal around the place, and have 360 degree vision. So good luck to anyone sneaking up on ya.

And then there’s F-Tin. My sweet, sweet F-Tin. I have gushed on it plenty, so I won’t hush more here, but I will send you all over to my revived F-Tin cult where I highlight why F-Tin is my favorite Feruchemantic metal, and why it should be yours too: 

Now that you all have been briefed with the two separately, and have hopefully joined my cult of loyal followers of the one supreme metallic truth, let’s put the two together.

You would have a character that can move all around the place, can deflect most conventional weapons (swords, guns, etc.), can see and hear pretty much anyone and everything in their vicinity, can be immune to pain when necessary, can turn simple objects into deadly weapons, and improve their quality of life significantly (tasty things are tastier, laziness has never been easier, petting dogs and cats has never been nicer, any bad smells or sounds hardly exist), you can see why I like them.

And on top of the two just being really nice own their own, you can also reverse compound with them, storing steel sight for temporary bursts of being able to paint an intricate picture of everything around you when needed. Additionally, given the weirdness of reverse compounding, I would argue that you would at least become a steelsightmind savant, given that you are tapping attributes that you don’t normally have. @alder24, I know I’m going to get flak for this, but if you can reach savantism through compounding or using unkeyed metalminds, you have to be able to make it work through reverse compounding as well. I doubt you would get to be a full F-Tin savant, but at least for the steelsight portion.

Anyway, I just love this combination.

Resonance: External pushing metal plus internal sense-enhancing metal, eh? Well, I think something like a more acute sense of sight or hearing would be in order, but I doubt that would come in the form of a simple better hearing and eyesight. Perhaps improved color recognition and pitch recognition? Or, if you want to stretch it a bit, perhaps the ability to tune out certain noises and amplify others through hearingminds? 

Name: Gargoyle is quite a good one. Sitting up high in a tower, overseeing the bustle down below…

Rating: 9.5/10. For me, it doesn’t get much better than this. Complexity, power, coolness, it’s all there. But I don’t have it in myself to give it a perfect rating…

14 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

Random Twinborn Combo Day 29: 

A-Steel and F-Tin

Alright folks, this, at least for a while, was my favorite Twinborn combo. I might be slightly preferential to A-Iron and F-Tin, but this one has the generic awesomeness that I love.

This looks suspicious. I think we need to appoint a special commission to investigate the "randomness" of this roll, mr “F-tin overlord”.

1 minute ago, Koloss17 said:

Now that you all have been briefed with the two separately, and have hopefully joined my cult of loyal followers of the one supreme metallic truth

Sorry, I'm already in F-zinc cult.

Spoiler

F-zinc.jpg.200d393216c05b3710907f10c74b88d3.jpg

3 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

And on top of the two just being really nice own their own, you can also reverse compound with them, storing steel sight for temporary bursts of being able to paint an intricate picture of everything around you when needed. Additionally, given the weirdness of reverse compounding, I would argue that you would at least become a steelsightmind savant, given that you are tapping attributes that you don’t normally have. @alder24, I know I’m going to get flak for this, but if you can reach savantism through compounding or using unkeyed metalminds, you have to be able to make it work through reverse compounding as well. I doubt you would get to be a full F-Tin savant, but at least for the steelsight portion.

Oh I'm just getting started! You made me angry with that statement! You call the wolf out of the woods! FIrst of, you won't be a steelsight savant, you'll be just a regular F-tin savant and I think with A-steel it's possible, as steelsight is fueled by Allomancy and Preservation, so you're drawing from an external source of power, making Feruchemical savantism easier (I personally don't call that reverse compounding). You will become a full F-tin savant, as your using your Tin feruchemy powers and it doesn't matter that much what your metalminds stores (that's my opinion).

Buuuut, Allomantic steelsight on the level of Inquisitors can be learn by normal coinshoters (WoB) and I think your Twinborn has the best chances to rediscover this ability as they would be purposefully wanting to gain that level of steelsight and at some point they will realize that they don't need F-tin to achieve that. Then F-tin storing steelsight would work like F-tin storing regular sight, giving more information about objects, perfect color recognition, distant focus etc etc. Still useful. And who knows, maybe even go beyond matter and detect electromagnetic forces with F-tin steelsight, like this WoB suggests?

I can still give you a flak if you like that. 

17 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

Resonance: External pushing metal plus internal sense-enhancing metal, eh? Well, I think something like a more acute sense of sight or hearing would be in order, but I doubt that would come in the form of a simple better hearing and eyesight. Perhaps improved color recognition and pitch recognition? Or, if you want to stretch it a bit, perhaps the ability to tune out certain noises and amplify others through hearingminds? 

I think getting sharper, more detailed, more minute steelsight could be a great resonance. You'll be able to intuitively just see the object via your steel lines the way you want, even to very little parts of it. I can see it even as a start of manipulation of fundamental forces, just some very basic uses on a small scale, but give this Twinborn pur Dor, and he might not only see electromagnetic bonds, but push on them with A-steel (Cosmere Magneto?). 

19 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

Name: Gargoyle is quite a good one. Sitting up high in a tower, overseeing the bustle down below…

Oh that's a goood one. 

23 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

Rating: 9.5/10. For me, it doesn’t get much better than this. Complexity, power, coolness, it’s all there. But I don’t have it in myself to give it a perfect rating…

And you made me angry again! You missed a pretty important detail of F-tin mr "F-tin overlord" - you can tap so much F-tin that you'll gain a Spook-savant level of senses, able to feel incoming strikes by just the air movement, by just your hearing and react to it with insane, almost Atium-like reactions. That's pretty awesome. Great combination for a Coinshot. 9.5 well deserved.

19 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

It's all right if you feel the need to take a break, we understand :D

Actually, I'm going on a week-long family vacation tomorrow (which I'm not actually looking forward to) and won't be on the Shard till it's done. So, yeah, I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't say it was okay for you to get a break too.

3 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

I like it! Fits well with what the Twinborn does and sounds pretty neat.

And then there’s F-Tin. My sweet, sweet F-Tin. I have gushed on it plenty, so I won’t hush more here, but I will send you all over to my revived F-Tin cult where I highlight why F-Tin is my favorite Feruchemantic metal, and why it should be yours too: 

I'll have to read that thread sometime soon; I'm actually really curious now as to why you feel it's so great and would love to hear more about it (okay, I know some reasons it's great, just not why it necessarily would be counted as the best Metallic Art power, though I'd like to hear why you think so).

Just out of curiosity, what kind of Twinborn would it take to get a solid 10?

38 minutes ago, Trusk'our said:

Just out of curiosity, what kind of Twinborn would it take to get a solid 10?

Honestly, I don’t really know. I find it hard to ever give things a 10/10, because to me, that means that they are perfect, which leads to others contesting that claim. 

If you are saying 10/10 as in how sushi is a 10/10, and hoodies are 10/10 (not perfect, and not necessarily perfect for every scenario, but pretty darn close), then this combo, along with A-Iron F-Tin, and maybe, depending on whether me or Alder is right about the whole A-gold debate, A-Gold F-Tin, is where I would give a 10/10.

48 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

If you are saying 10/10 as in how sushi is a 10/10, and hoodies are 10/10 (not perfect, and not necessarily perfect for every scenario, but pretty darn close), then this combo, along with A-Iron F-Tin, and maybe, depending on whether me or Alder is right about the whole A-gold debate, A-Gold F-Tin, is where I would give a 10/10.

Why do you think those are 10/10?

Not arguing or anything, I'm just curious to hear your thoughts :)

50 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

Honestly, I don’t really know. I find it hard to ever give things a 10/10, because to me, that means that they are perfect, which leads to others contesting that claim. 

Yeah, that's one of the big downsides of a ranking system; someone's always going to have a different opinion and will not like your own.

Yeah, and different powers are good in different areas, and some we don't really know. Double Chromium could arguably be one of the most powerful out there, but we don't really know what compounded Fortune would do.

If Connection synergizes well with emotional Allomancy, A-Brass or Zinc/F-Duralumin might be up there.

I think the most powerful well-understood Twinborn combos are double gold, double steel, A-pewter/F-gold, A-pewter/F-steel, and A-steel/F-gold.

23 hours ago, alder24 said:

This looks suspicious. I think we need to appoint a special commission to investigate the "randomness" of this roll, mr “F-tin overlord”.

The special commission came back with 12% F-tin and 88% not F-tin (29 posts not F-tin, 4 with F-tin).

23 hours ago, alder24 said:

Sorry, I'm already in F-zinc cult.

Reveal hidden contents

F-zinc.jpg.200d393216c05b3710907f10c74b88d3.jpg

F-zinc is mid. (it's normally great, but it cannot stand against the pure awesomeness of F-tin.)

Random Twinborn Combo Day 30:

A-Electrum and F-Pewter

This combo is actually really exciting, as I don’t believe we have hit either of these yet!

Allomantic electrum is actually deceptively powerful. I think “poor man’s Atium” is a bit of a harsh name, as while it is not as overpowered as atium is, it is also still really rusting good. It also is much more accessible, so you can have it going more consistently than atium. Seeing your own actions, while initially disorienting, can make you really hard to kill. While you’re burning electrum, you can dodge any bullet, never get surprised, and dodge any  physical attacks. It seems to also give the extra reaction time that atium gives, which is really nice. Overall, really strong combat metal.

Now Feruchemantic pewter is also quite a good combat metal. We saw Sazed absolutely wreck with it. And even when you aren’t the hulk, being two or three times as beefy than your opponent is can be quite nice. While storing is a bit of a pain, it is nowhere near as bad as many others. 

Putting the two together, you have a tank that is really hard to kill and makes you wish that you too were as hard to kill. An extremely fierce fighter, and one that you would not want to mess with. 

Resonance: Additional agility and flexibility would probably work, and maybe, just maybe, you could have muscles build faster, though I would think that would be more of an A-pewter F-gold type of thing.

Name: There’s got to be a good one, but it is eluding me at the moment. Suggestions welcome!

Rating: 8.5/10, nearing 9/10. Really good for fighting, unfortunately not great for other things. Still, the absolute awesomeness in fighting gives it a few extra points.

28 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

Allomantic electrum is actually deceptively powerful. I think “poor man’s Atium” is a bit of a harsh name, as while it is not as overpowered as atium is, it is also still really rusting good. It also is much more accessible, so you can have it going more consistently than atium. Seeing your own actions, while initially disorienting, can make you really hard to kill. While you’re burning electrum, you can dodge any bullet, never get surprised, and dodge any  physical attacks. It seems to also give the extra reaction time that atium gives, which is really nice. Overall, really strong combat metal.

It's hard to master electrum. It gives no mental or reaction enhancements like Atium does, just shadows and nothing else. I think you overestimated it a little, but it still can be useful.

Spoiler

Questioner

How does electrum work?

Brandon Sanderson

Electrum can see future shadows only as far in the future as is done with atium in the books. They use it to counter atium in that they see their own future shadow fighting, and if they see their shadow get hit by an attack, they know to avoid that attack, and they change their own future. This compounds the future shadows they see, which makes it practically as effective at countering atium as atium itself.

While the scope of an electrum shadow is very limited, it could be useful in many situations. Like if you were playing tennis, you’d be able to look at your shadow and tell if you managed to hit the ball or not, and adjust accordingly. That would still take a lot of practice to master, but it could be very effective.

Miscellaneous 2016 (July 15, 2016)

1 hour ago, alder24 said:

It's hard to master electrum. It gives no mental or reaction enhancements like Atium does, just shadows and nothing else. I think you overestimated it a little, but it still can be useful.

Hide contents

Questioner

How does electrum work?

Brandon Sanderson

Electrum can see future shadows only as far in the future as is done with atium in the books. They use it to counter atium in that they see their own future shadow fighting, and if they see their shadow get hit by an attack, they know to avoid that attack, and they change their own future. This compounds the future shadows they see, which makes it practically as effective at countering atium as atium itself.

While the scope of an electrum shadow is very limited, it could be useful in many situations. Like if you were playing tennis, you’d be able to look at your shadow and tell if you managed to hit the ball or not, and adjust accordingly. That would still take a lot of practice to master, but it could be very effective.

Miscellaneous 2016 (July 15, 2016)

Interesting! Probably down to 7.5 or so, but yeah. Thanks for the info!

Random Twinborn Combo Day 31:

A-Iron and F-Aluminum

I don’t think we have explored much with F-aluminum, so let’s get into that.

So F-aluminum stores spiritual identity, and it really isn’t very well understood. Spiritual identity is basically what makes you you, and most forms of healing is basically restoring your physical self to that of your spiritual self (it might be cognitive, but the point still stands). But what does it mean to have more or less identity? We…don’t really know. It probably does weird things, and my hunch is that it would make you not feel like yourself. All we really know is that with a blanked identity, one can create unkeyed metalminds and potentially use others’ metalminds. And that’s about it.

Allomantic iron has been talked about a bit, and there’s not a lot I can expand on with this combo. So all I’ll say is that it is secretly pretty cool, and I feel like it was heavily underutilized in the books.

Resonance: perhaps it would be easier to get inquisitor levels of ironsight? Given the whole “people are metal” thingy in Secret History? It’s a bit of a stretch, but investiture, spiritual realm, spiritual identity, people having investiture due to spiritwebs, there seems to be some connection there.

Name: No clue

Rating: 5/10, purely because we have no idea how aluminuminds work. Lurchers are pretty cool though.

13 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

Random Twinborn Combo Day 31:

A-Iron and F-Aluminum

I don’t think we have explored much with F-aluminum, so let’s get into that.

So F-aluminum stores spiritual identity, and it really isn’t very well understood. Spiritual identity is basically what makes you you, and most forms of healing is basically restoring your physical self to that of your spiritual self (it might be cognitive, but the point still stands). But what does it mean to have more or less identity? We…don’t really know. It probably does weird things, and my hunch is that it would make you not feel like yourself. All we really know is that with a blanked identity, one can create unkeyed metalminds and potentially use others’ metalminds. And that’s about it.

Allomantic iron has been talked about a bit, and there’s not a lot I can expand on with this combo. So all I’ll say is that it is secretly pretty cool, and I feel like it was heavily underutilized in the books.

Resonance: perhaps it would be easier to get inquisitor levels of ironsight? Given the whole “people are metal” thingy in Secret History? It’s a bit of a stretch, but investiture, spiritual realm, spiritual identity, people having investiture due to spiritwebs, there seems to be some connection there.

Name: No clue

Rating: 5/10, purely because we have no idea how aluminuminds work. Lurchers are pretty cool though.

I think with identity you would be able to change the center of iron pull on your body, which is still possible without it, but F-aluminum would make it easier. Other than that I have no idea what that Twinborn could do.

SA spoilers WoB:

Spoiler

The Forumlurker (paraphrased)

Can a Windrunner use a Basic Lashing on a specific body part?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

Yes, but it works the same way a Steelpusher could push on a specific part of metal. Usually, you'd just affect the whole body, because of its Identity and cosmere magic not working as well on parts of something that considers itself a unit. When you're very skilled, you can isolate a hand, like Kelsier could push on specific sections of metal.

Stuttgart signing (May 17, 2019)

Alllllrighty! Time for day 32!

Random Twinborn Combo Day 32:

A-Atium F-Zinc

Okay so this combo is actually awesome. It’s also the first time I’ve rolled A-Atium, so let’s talk about it.

Now, disclaimer, this is old atium, and technically the current semi-canon states that it is an alloy of electrum and atium, instated by Preservation in some funky way. And technically, all atium mistings are really electrum mistings. Buuuuut I’m going to save past that for the time being, as it is a whole different set of abilities, so we’ll just imagine that it’s its own thing.

That said, A-Atium is really interesting. It taps into the Spiritual Realm to give the user access to fortune, allowing them to see the immediate future, for a small amount of time. And, because it is very nice, it also gives an increase in mental speed, allowing the burner to make use of this overwhelming power that they hold. So for me, which Alder vehemently rejects, A-Atium is broken into three parts: the Fortune, the mental speed, and the extra sense allowing you to make use of the Fortune.

Conveniently enough, these are all things that can be reverse-compounded in some capacity. For this combo, we’ll be sticking to the mental speed.

So using A-Atium, one can store extra mental speed, leaving a very difficult to manage god state at the cost of eventually becoming an F-Zinc savant.

Conversely, one could just tap mental speed while burning Atium, leading to Super God Mode. Both are viable options.

Resonance: Perhaps being a surprisingly good predictor of where current events will lead to?

Name: Time Bender is a cool one, but it doesn’t really feel like a Mistborn-fitting name. 

Rating: 8/10 if they have access to Atium, 4/10 if they don’t. 

Edited by Koloss17

1 hour ago, Koloss17 said:

Alllllrighty! Time for day 32!

Random Twinborn Combo Day 32:

A-Atium F-Zinc

Okay so this combo is actually awesome. It’s also the first time I’ve rolled A-Atium, so let’s talk about it.

Now, disclaimer, this is old atium, and technically the current semi-canon states that it is an alloy of electrum and atium, instated by Preservation in some funky way. And technically, all atium mistings are really electrum mistings. Buuuuut I’m going to save past that for the time being, as it is a whole different set of abilities, so we’ll just imagine that it’s its own thing.

That said, A-Atium is really interesting. It taps into the Spiritual Realm to give the user access to fortune, allowing them to see the immediate future, for a small amount of time. And, because it is very nice, it also gives an increase in mental speed, allowing the burner to make use of this overwhelming power that they hold. So for me, which Alder vehemently rejects, A-Atium is broken into three parts: the Fortune, the mental speed, and the extra sense allowing you to make use of the Fortune.

Conveniently enough, these are all things that can be reverse-compounded in some capacity. For this combo, we’ll be sticking to the mental speed.

So using A-Atium, one can store extra mental speed, leaving a very difficult to manage god state at the cost of eventually becoming an F-Zinc savant.

Conversely, one could just tap mental speed while burning Atium, leading to Super God Mode. Both are viable options.

Resonance: Perhaps being a surprisingly good predictor of where current events will lead to?

Name: Time Bender is a cool one, but it doesn’t really feel like a Mistborn-fitting name. 

Rating: 8/10 if they have access to Atium, 4/10 if they don’t. 

The resonance needs to be toned down, resonances of metals would probably be pretty weak. Also, as far as I know, atium is pretty short term.

atium would be hard to access, so I think it would be 4/10.

Wait. Why me? What's wrong with me? What am I rejecting? :o Atium is broken, it's OP, and that's a good thing. You're right here! 

Something on a much smaller scale - zinc gives you mental speed, Atium future sight, combine you have better ability to predict/calculate how objects you see will move, an instinct to determine their path - to some extent, not that you'll be able to see a bullet or something. But a moving car? No problem.

Fortuneseeker? Mindbender? Soothsayer?

Good combo, but burning Atium just to store in zinc is the greatest waste imaginable.

Wait. Why me? What's wrong with me? What am I rejecting? :o Atium is broken, it's OP, and that's a good thing. You're right here! 

That Atium counts as a sense…though perhaps you mind has changed?

Good combo, but burning Atium just to store in zinc is the greatest waste imaginable.

Welll, depending on how good being an F-zinc savant would be, and how much is needed to become one, it could be worthwhile.

10 hours ago, mip67 said:

The resonance needs to be toned down, resonances of metals would probably be pretty weak. Also, as far as I know, atium is pretty short term.

atium would be hard to access, so I think it would be 4/10.

Let me elaborate: they wouldn’t be able to be accurate at guessing a lottery winner, they would just be good at intuiting where politics or certain houses are going. Basically by picking up on certain actions or emotions of nobles, and subconsciously intuiting that their house is close to bankruptcy or something of the like. Supernatural intuition, not supernatural luck.

58 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

That Atium counts as a sense…though perhaps you mind has changed?

No. It isn't a sense! It's Fortune! That's an attribute everyone in Cosmere has, integral to them. Is your identity a sense? No, it's something else. Just like Fortune. 

There is also another thing that you wrote there with which I disagree, but I see no point in pointing that out :P 

1 hour ago, Koloss17 said:

Welll, depending on how good being an F-zinc savant would be, and how much is needed to become one, it could be worthwhile.

Knowing the Atium economy, it's like using a fusion reactor as a paper weight. Even if you have a ton of paper, it would be better to connect that reactor to the grid. There is just no Atium for that. If you get Atium in your hands, you'll keep it to save your life in emergency. Savantism require years of tapping to be affected. If you have lot of Atium, then you can try, but Atium burns so fast you would Kandra HoA cache amount of Atium to become a Savant.

Knowing the Atium economy, it's like using a fusion reactor as a paper weight. Even if you have a ton of paper, it would be better to connect that reactor to the grid. There is just no Atium for that. If you get Atium in your hands, you'll keep it to save your life in emergency. Savantism require years of tapping to be affected. If you have lot of Atium, then you can try, but Atium burns so fast you would Kandra HoA cache amount of Atium to become a Savant.

I'm pretty sure there's basically no atium around anymore, so if you could find some, it would be an even bigger waste.

Also, random thought I had: Atium is named after ati, lerasium after leras, and trellium after autonomy's avatar. These are all names of people. But it's not sazedium, it's harmonium (or ettmetal I guess). 

13 minutes ago, mip67 said:

I'm pretty sure there's basically no atium around anymore, so if you could find some, it would be an even bigger waste.

That's why I said it's like a fusion reactor - there are almost no fusion reactors around :P

14 minutes ago, mip67 said:

Also, random thought I had: Atium is named after ati, lerasium after leras, and trellium after autonomy's avatar. These are all names of people. But it's not sazedium, it's harmonium (or ettmetal I guess). 

Sazed doesn't like Sazedium (that's a good thing, it's hard to say), Harmonium sounds better.

Spoiler

youshallnotpass

Will there be a metal called harmonium in the mistborn world?

Brandon Sanderson

RAFO. But good question.

WeiryWriter

Just an fyi but you have confirmed the existence of harmonium before. (And this is probably a RAFO, but is there a reason you didn't follow the convention of the other "god metals" and call it something like sazedium? "Harmonium" just seems out of place.)

Brandon Sanderson

Sazed didn't like the sound of Sazedium.

/r/books AMA 2015 (July 6, 2015)

Yeah, I don't think atium is a sense per se to store in f-tin - seeing shadows is the way the mind interprets the Spiritual Realm info. The expanded mind might mean more mental speed to store in f-zinc though. Although all Allomancy has some degree of mental enhancement to cope with the power; atium seems definitely uniquely so, though, so this might work.

I don't think it's worth it though. Not only would the quantity of atium needed be crazy, F-zinc savantism, like any savantism, isn't a pure benefit. Stopping tapping would be bad - and unlike an Allomantic savant or a true Compounder like Miles or TLR, you can't tap constantly.