What command would you give nightblood

High prince of geeks

Make Brandon and Rothfuss write just as awesomely, but also twice as fast.

How did I miss this one on my last read-through?

From what I can tell, this would mean that we get the next book from Brandon in six months and the next one from Rothfuss in about three years...

• 2 weeks later...

"Obey me".

He doesn't have enough understanding to properly apply commands that require judgement, so I would keep responsibility for all decision making myself.

Yeah, probably the best idea. That makes since. I wouldn't want to have a sword that ends up like Nightblood. 

How about "Steal investiture for your wielder"?
So, instead of consuming breath from its wielder (or in addition to), it would do the same to those it cut. And transfer that investiture to the wielder, possibly making a self-sustaining sword.
 IDK what makes Nightblood burn breath so fast, if it's the nature of the heavily invested Awakened steel, or the power it has of disintegrating things. If it is the second, then the absence of the command "destroy" could mean a sword the does not burn breath, or burns it slowlier.
 Or we could start a game of Awakening swords with the Radiant oaths. That would be interesting.

Edited by Link Start

• 4 weeks later...

Mine would be protect the innocent because there is less room for error in it than there was in destroy evil. Although, it may encounter the same problems. How would Nightblood determine someone's innocence? How would he go about obeying his order? Would he kill all those that weren't innocent (unlikely but a possibility)? However there is also room for error in any command that Nightblood could be given, I think the safest for the goal that has been set is protect the innocent.

"Obey me".

He doesn't have enough understanding to properly apply commands that require judgement, so I would keep responsibility for all decision making myself.

That's a good one. If I were to think of something myself I'd say "Protect those who need protection" (or something else akin to a certain ideal from SA :lol: )

Smash.

Nightblood, after some training, works his way through the various circuits, winning title after title, crushing all who oppose him. Who knew a sword could be so good at Super Smash Bros.? 

Edit: He trains by playing against Bruce Banner. The gamma radiation really upped his game...

Edited by Blaze1616

"I am the one who gives you this charge: release your power to your contracted master. As the winds fill the sky, and the stars fill the heavens, so shall my heart fill with courage, and my hands with magic! Raising Heart, set up!"

That would end up crashing the 17th shard. That would be a Bad command!

Well how about

"Know everything and post everything Sanderson related to the 17th shard"

If that's still to much then 

"Know everything and post everything Sanderson related to the 17th shard slowly"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...