• 2 weeks later...

Oh, great. I was thinking of joining this thread, but if you're singing songs from that...

On 3/13/2023 at 9:25 AM, Aes Sedai said:

THAT"S INSANE BRO!!!

I've now seen it 3 times and it's made me cry every single time. I'll get to see it again in a month or two, but it'll be a high school performance of it and the Javert is a girl so we'll see how it turns out...

My brother was in a "high school production" of Les Mis. It wasn't put on by a school, but it had an all high schooler cast (except for Jean Valjean, played by an adult). The fire alarm went off during "Empty Chairs" because they went overboard with the smoke machines, but the rest was incredible. It made me cry, and I'm not a crier.

4 hours ago, AonDoor said:

Oh, great. I was thinking of joining this thread, but if you're singing songs from that...

What's that supposed 2 mean?

I don't actually know that many Dear Evan Hanson songs, but all my friends loik it and Sincerely Me is an absolute banger.

Why do you dislike it? (just curious)

4 hours ago, AonDoor said:

My brother was in a "high school production" of Les Mis. It wasn't put on by a school, but it had an all high schooler cast (except for Jean Valjean, played by an adult). The fire alarm went off during "Empty Chairs" because they went overboard with the smoke machines, but the rest was incredible. It made me cry, and I'm not a crier.

Ouchie.

But yeah, it really is awesome. I’ve actually seen it at a high school a couple times, one of them was almost as good as the professional one I saw. The Jean Valjean was 17. 17! He has the most incredible voice, I got to go backstage and talk to the entire cast after because I know a lot of them and man. 

On 2/3/2023 at 11:19 AM, SymphonianBookworm said:

Also, me and a couple friends made a short, 45 minute production, where I played a machete-wielding butler. It was incredible. I got to wear pajamas for half the show and evil laugh!

i am proud to say that i was the one she killed with the machete.

16 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

i am proud to say that i was the one she killed with the machete.

That’s a good thing to be proud of! :P

9 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

also- i can't believe i just found this thread :0

this is unacceptable.

i finally have a place to talk abt my unbearable thearerkidness

Welcome to the beauty, the chaos, drama! That is an assembled group of Thespians!!!! 

we can be chill though too: sometimes

2 hours ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

What's that supposed 2 mean?

I don't actually know that many Dear Evan Hanson songs, but all my friends loik it and Sincerely Me is an absolute banger.

Why do you dislike it? (just curious)

The main reason I don't like it is that my older brother likes it. He listened to it way too much. Benj Pasek and Justin Paul's other musicals are much better.

12 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

yess

wait what are ppl's favorite plays/musicals here??

Heathers Heathers Heathers Heathers

8 minutes ago, AonDoor said:

The main reason I don't like it is that my older brother likes it. He listened to it way too much. Benj Pasek and Justin Paul's other musicals are much better.

Haha makes sense. Which of their musicals do you recommend? I'm trying to get more into musicals,  as at this point I'm less of a theater kid and more of a theater enjoyer. The only musicals that i can sing most songs from on demand are Heathers and Hamilton lol

54 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

omg that musical is soo sad but i love it-

(i've never seen it before!! i want to, but my parents think it's too dark)

Ya it's pretty sad and r rated. I pirated it on YouTube lol. But i was obsessed with the music before i watched it, it has so many bangers omg

Edited by Szeth's Facepalm

1 minute ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

Ya it's pretty and and r rated. I pirated it on YouTube lol. But i was obsessed with the music before i watched it, it has so many bangers omg

did you watch the off-broadway recording? also ikr the soundtrack is so good!

1 hour ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

I pirated it on YouTube lol. 

Ah yes, "Slime tutorials" :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Lotus Blossom said:

wait what are ppl's favorite plays/musicals here??

All of them?? I really like Matilda and Little Shop of Horrors at the moment.

On 4/3/2023 at 7:02 PM, Lotus Blossom said:

did you watch the off-broadway recording? also ikr the soundtrack is so good!

I don't think so, it was Barret Wilber Weed (my beloved). It was called something like "slime tutorial with red blue green and yellow slime" lol (cinnamon knows it haha)

On 4/3/2023 at 7:01 PM, Szeth's Facepalm said:

Ya it's pretty and and r rated.

rip i meant to say "sad and"

1000th post ayoooo

7 minutes ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

It was called something like "slime tutorial with red blue green and yellow slime" lol (cinnamon knows it haha)

haha i love that sm- i found it!!

watching possibly illegal broadway bootlegs is the majority of what i do on youtube :D 

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

rip i meant to say "sad and"

loll i was a little confused but it works-

EDIT: i just saw your status update- was that your 1000th post??? CONGRATS!!! YAYYYYYY :lol:

Edited by Lotus Blossom

10 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

haha i love that sm- i found it!!

watching possibly illegal broadway bootlegs is the majority of what i do on youtube :D 

Reveal hidden contents

loll i was a little confused but it works-

ey you found it!

"My problems were myriad-"
"i WaS hAviNg mY pErIoD
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHhahahahaAHahaha
HAhaHAHAaAHAjjaHAHAhaHAhaAHaHaAHhaHAH
HAhahah
OH MY GOD"

My personal favorite moment lmao

Edit: oh ya!! That's why i popped out of the thread for a while, i had to make the a writing thread for a moment lol

Just popping in here to say hi y'all should check out the YouTuber Katherine Steele and join her internet theatre cult :D. She's amazing and has a lot of tips and stuff but also she's just really funny and has a lot of entertaining videos and stuff, it's just a grand old time. 10/10, highly recommend.

On 4/3/2023 at 5:50 PM, Szeth's Facepalm said:

Haha makes sense. Which of their musicals do you recommend? I'm trying to get more into musicals,  as at this point I'm less of a theater kid and more of a theater enjoyer. The only musicals that I can sing most songs from on-demand are Heathers and Hamilton lol

The Greatest Showman and Spirited are both great.

On 4/3/2023 at 7:20 PM, Cinnamon said:

I really like Matilda and Little Shop of Horrors at the moment.

I was in Matilda once...

♫All I know I learned from Telly!♫