This thing I came up with

Random Bystander

So...  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Is this idea dumb?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • ...Maybe.

Hello fellow mortal beings. 'tis I! The most random of all bystanders! I am extremely bored. To combat my possible death via boredom, I have decided to create an RP. And not just any RP. A murder mystery style RP!

So. Yeah. Here we go.

In the fantasy kingdom of Windwarn, all was well.

Except for problems like riots and beheadings. You know, normal kingdom stuff.

The king of Windwarn had no children, so he decided that in order to choose an heir, there would be a completely random person (between the ages of 10 and 23) chosen to become his heir. However, he also wanted to make sure that whoever became king/queen deserved it. And so, the king had everyone in the kingdom between 10 and 23 gather in one area, and sit down on chairs. There he gave a great speech, and towards the end of it, he has everyone look under their chairs. Under some of the chairs, there were envelopes, inviting (*cough* demanding *cough*) the individuals to a grand banquet. Those lucky individuals were told to pack, and then arrive at the castle with the aforementioned envelopes...

Which is where the RP would start.

There is also a small magic system for this world, and it's similar to how wildshapes works in D&D.

I'll explain a bit more later, if anyone is actually interested in joining this...

Spoiler

I'm putting this in a spoiler, as I don't know how long it will be.

Essentially, Windwarn is one of two kingdoms that are on an island. The other kingdom is called Trallow, and the two kingdoms are on surprisingly good terms with each other. They're both... Kind of generic, although Trallow has been dealing with some cult activity, which has caused some people to immigrate to Windwarn so they can avoid being murdered (as one does). And Windwarn's king is extremely eccentric, causing him to pass random laws that are surprisingly well timed. For example, he outlawed the consumption of cucumbers, and somehow, everyone who ate them suddenly died. He also tends to wear ridiculous outfits. At first, people got very angry about the laws he passed, but they soon got used to them. In terms of scientific advancements, think middle ages...

Uh... I think that's mostly everything. Is there something blatantly obvious that I missed?

3 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:
  Hide contents

I'm putting this in a spoiler, as I don't know how long it will be.

Essentially, Windwarn is one of two kingdoms that are on an island. The other kingdom is called Trallow, and the two kingdoms are on surprisingly good terms with each other. They're both... Kind of generic, although Trallow has been dealing with some cult activity, which has caused some people to immigrate to Windwarn so they can avoid being murdered (as one does). And Windwarn's king is extremely eccentric, causing him to pass random laws that are surprisingly well timed. For example, he outlawed the consumption of cucumbers, and somehow, everyone who ate them suddenly died. He also tends to wear ridiculous outfits. At first, people got very angry about the laws he passed, but they soon got used to them. In terms of scientific advancements, think middle ages...

Uh... I think that's mostly everything. Is there something blatantly obvious that I missed?

Could you give us some more details on the magic system (And maybe character sheets/info on the wider world)? Thanks!

Why would I know if there was something blatantly obvious that you missed?

Imma make a somewhat arbitrary character and develop them as we go along. That's how I've always done it anyways:

Spoiler

Name: Aolicei

Gender n' stuff: Female (cis). Probably a little gay.

Skills: Hard worker, quite physically strong, and excellent at witty comebacks*

Weaknesses: Might be a bit of a cremhole

Personality: Quite cynical and straightforward. She grew up with five older and four younger siblings, so it was really up to her to make her own mark on the world.

Backstory: Maybe she's a cucumber farmer.

Magic: :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Description: I'll draw her.... l a t e r

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

Just now, NerdyAarakocra said:

Okay. I'll start with a character sheet thingy.

Please know that this is a guideline. You don't need to include all of this, and you can include more if you want.

Spoiler

Name:

Gender(or lack of):

Skills:

Weaknesses:

General personality:

Other info:

And the magic system:

Spoiler

You can turn into any animal you have seen. However, the larger the animal, the more energy it takes. People only have a certain amount of magic energy, and generally can only turn into one-four animals a day, depending on the size. (An elephant sized would be take up all your energy, a bear sized would probably take up three fourths, a fox sized one would probably take up a half of it, and a house cat would take up a fourth of it. And this is based on days. You regain magical energy once the sun comes up.

Oh. And I forgot to mention. The king's name is Gerald Diggans IV.

8 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Fair point.

And that works.

Spoiler

Name: Tinak

Skills: Brews up all kinds of toxins. Good with daggers. Also some potions (Is that a thing in this world?)

Weaknesses: Somewhat mentally unstable...

General personality: See weaknesses

Other info: She has like five alchemy kits in her satchel, which is perfectly mundane but certainly seems like it shouldn't be able to hold all of that stuff.

1 minute ago, NerdyAarakocra said:
  Hide contents

Name: Tinak

Skills: Brews up all kinds of toxins. Good with daggers. Also some potions (Is that a thing in this world?)

Weaknesses: Somewhat mentally unstable...

General personality: See weaknesses

Other info: She has like five alchemy kits in her satchel, which is perfectly mundane but certainly seems like it shouldn't be able to hold all of that stuff.

I'm fine with there being potions. And it looks good!

I want to join!

Spoiler

Name: Jay

Skills: fantabulous with swords and excellent at bizarre, but deep, discussions.

Weaknesses: more used to formal dueling than a big chaotic battlefield.

General personality: Likes discussing random things in depth, flirting with everyone (but if you don’t want that for your character he won’t) and getting into very bad situations.

Other info: can he be a cultist from that other kingdom, Tallow?

Looks: average height, brown hair, always wears a cloak and a black stone ring, nothing interesting. 

Note, I’ve never done such an organized rp before, tips and help would be greatly appreciated. (Or judgements when I fail).