The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Time for Season 2!

Channelknight Fadran

5 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Obsidian frowned. "It should not be possible. Are you a god?"

Dave chuckled. "No, that would fairly presumptuous of me. No one has worshiped me for a long time. Except maybe those few villages?" Dave blinked away his memories. "It is a fair enough comparison however."

Edited by Mr. Misting

4 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"He's my brother. I love him."

Gone looked down. "That sounds nice."

4 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Hey, I posted by character beforehand in the SU thread

Welll... I didn't read all of the previous character's introductions.

Because that would have been a whole thing.

Edited by Shallan Stormblessed

3 minutes ago, Shallan Stormblessed said:

Welll... I didn't read all of the previous character's introductions.

Because that would have been a whole thing.

Well, I did.

I also joined earlier, am at a different time zone and am quite mad, thank you.

8 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Cufre looked over at the boy. "What's your story?"

FINALLY!!

"I had two brothers. They looked like me, but then they died. My parents said that seeing me was too painful, because I looked like my dead brothers. So they never talked to me. I started crawling around to see if they'd talk to me, and they didn't. I started wearing rags and doing things like making my face look bruised and dirty to make them talk to me, but they never did. It seemed like I might as well be gone. So now I'm Gone."

Gone smiled sadly. "And that's why I crawl around. I like it better than walking."

His "two other brothers"  were triplets.

Also, aren't you proud of me? I have made a character that's not just me and my personality *looks sheepishly at Stormy, Pencil Taxi, and Sahala*.

Also sorry for the delay, I was watching a video about visiting the moon but not living there.

2 minutes ago, Shallan Stormblessed said:

"I had two brothers. They looked like me, but then they died. My parents said that seeing me was too painful, because I looked like my dead brothers. So they never talked to me. I started crawling around to see if they'd talk to me, and they didn't. I started wearing rags and doing things like making my face look bruised and dirty to make them talk to me, but they never did. So that's why I crawl around. I like it better than walking."

"Oh." Cufre paled slightly. "That's awful. Is... there anything I can do?"

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Oh." Cufre paled slightly. "That's awful. Is... there anything I can do?"

Gone shook his head. "I don't think so."

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MOMENT.

I succeeded in making a tragic backstory.

4 minutes ago, Shallan Stormblessed said:

Reveal hidden contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MOMENT.

I succeeded in making a tragic backstory.

Good job, trauma for everyone! Now you have the hard part. You have to make the backstory meaningful to the character instead of just a gimmick. 

Well, at the very least we have a group of capable crazy people. Icona noted.

Fadran plopped down into an armchair. He found himself growing more and more tired nowadays - maybe he was getting old? Seemed too early for that. D'you think we should start splitting them up? What missions do you have sitting around in your registrar right now?

A few. I say go for it.

Just now, Mr. Misting said:

Good job, trauma for everyone! Now you have the hard part. You have to make the backstory meaningful to the character instead of just a gimmick. 

Heey don't ruin my moment! :P ;) 

38 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Dave chuckled. "No, that would fairly presumptuous of me. No one has worshiped me for a long time. Except maybe those few villages?" Dave blinked away his memories. "It is a fair comparison though."

"A god would be a delicious meal," pondered Obsidian.

37 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Obsidian frowned. "It should not be possible. Are you a god?"

34 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Dave chuckled. "No, that would fairly presumptuous of me. No one has worshiped me for a long time. Except maybe those few villages?" Dave blinked away his memories. "It is a fair enough comparison however."

Galard returns. "Well, the semi deity guy serms to be busy, so... Umm... Let's see..."

Galard concentrates, trying to feel out the flow of Ether around the two people. It always gets odd around living beings but... Ah! He notes the limit between the two. It's almost nonexistent, but still present - perhaps the goo has already bore into the chain-guy's arm. He tries to pull them apar.

All right. This is kind of a teleportation spell - Dave will supposedly be transported via Ether lines, without taking the black goo and Obsidian with him. Unless that's somehow impossible - I think it's for Xino to decide.

Also, Obsidian drunk some of Galard's blood a while back, if there's some consequences to that in the current situation I would like to be informed.

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Um... When I upset as a kid, I always just wanted someone to talk to about it. I can do that for you, if you like."

Gone shrugged. "Well, one time I fell down and scraped my knee. I didn't know how to take care of it, and so I just squeezed it because the blood was so red. And then it got all colorful. Someone helped me get better." He scrunched up his face. "I don't remember who."

He frowned up at Cufre. "What made you upset as a kid? Did your parents ever talk to you?"

15 minutes ago, Shallan Stormblessed said:

"I don't really need anything. It's okay."

My “creepy death ninja” *giggles* is great at giving love to random little kids.

Rayvyn looks at Gone sadly. I should be able to help him…but I can’t get attached again. It only hurts more people.

3 minutes ago, Shallan Stormblessed said:

Gone shrugged. "Well, one time I fell down and scraped my knee. I didn't know how to take care of it, and so I just squeezed it because the blood was so red. And then it got all colorful. Someone helped me get better." He scrunched up his face. "I don't remember who."

He frowned up at Cufre. "What made you upset as a kid? Did your parents ever talk to you?"

"They did. The stuff that made angry was more... mundane, I guess." He glanced over at Tacien. "They spent a lot of time on my brother, trying to figure him out and make him better. It's selfish of me, but I was jealous."

Tacien is still holding on to Rayvyn, by the way.

@Aes Sedai

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"They did. The stuff that made angry was more... mundane, I guess." He glanced over at Tacien. "They spent a lot of time on my brother, trying to figure him out and make him better. It's selfish of me, but I was jealous."

"Well, you wanted to have someone with you. That's..." Gone's voice breaks, and he tries to hide the tears in his eyes. "...that's okay."

2 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

All right. This is kind of a teleportation spell - Dave will supposedly be transported via Ether lines, without taking the black goo and Obsidian with him. Unless that's somehow impossible - I think it's for Xino to decide.

Certainly possible, but part of Obsidian has already melded with Dave's arm so there isn't as clear of a distinction anymore. If only the parts that were wholly Dave got teleported, it would likely rip his arm off. If Galard can identify any part that is Dave and teleport only that, it will still take a piece of Obsidian with him.

8 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

Also, Obsidian drunk some of Galard's blood a while back, if there's some consequences to that in the current situation I would like to be informed.

The blood was just so Obsidian could take a human form.

26 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Hey Xino, is this the same Silver as I think it is?

Should be. :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, Shallan Stormblessed said:

"Oh!" exclaimed Silver, suddenly noticing Gone. "Uh... hi!"

Just now, Shallan Stormblessed said:

"Well, you wanted to have someone with you. That's..." Gone's voice breaks, and he tries to hide the tears in his eyes. "...that's okay."

"Hey," Cufre said softly. He knelt down to meet Gone's eyes. "What happened to you is terrible. But it'll be okay. You have people to help you now."