Anniversary Game 9/Anonymous Game 13: Rebuilding Tyrian Falls

Elandera

Avil Ejir sat on the bench in the town square, staring at the ground as he remembered the events that had taken place that morning. The discussions had been heated, with people shouting and arguing over who they should execute for the murders being carried out by the Spiked.

In the end, they had decided on Reneau. Avil didn't know him well, but he felt a strong sense of loss at his execution. Once again, they had made the wrong choice, they had chosen the wrong person to pay for the crimes. But Avil knew that the town couldn't afford to make any more mistakes. They had to find the real culprits and bring them to justice. He just hoped that the next time they made a decision, it would be the right one.

There was evidence of an allomancer at play. Someone had used emotional allomancy to influence the accusations. Sighing, Avil opened his notebook, which was now halfway filled. Somewhere along the way, Avil had started journaling in there; it helped him cope with the constant string of losses. He still carried a vivid memory of his mother huddled over her desk, scribbling away all night. She had consistently journaled, all those years ago. Avil took a moment to reflect on the day’s discussions. It had been eventful, and Avil knew he could uncover some leads if he put his mind to it.

[OOC: I am doing a vote analysis of D2]

Spoiler

D2 Votes

Swan votes Chameleon on the grounds of them being quiet

Spoiler

Chameleon(1): Swan

Meerkat votes Heron for their D1 vote post

Spoiler

Heron(1): Meerkat

Dragonfly votes Weasel for doubling up on Dingo D1 

Spoiler

Weasel(1): Dragonfly

Albatross adds a vote to Weasel for (from what I can tell) baseless voting

Spoiler

Weasel(2): Dragonfly, Albatross

Toucan votes Elephant for hiding behind mechanics discussion

Spoiler

Elephant(1): Toucan

Tuatara votes Heron to add pressure. Curious that they choose to apply pressure on Heron over Chameleon and Elephant.

Spoiler

Heron(2): Meerkat, Tuatara

Meerkat switches their vote to Flamingo for poke voting and disappearing 

Spoiler

Heron(1): Tuatara
Flamingo(1): Meerkat

Rhino soon follows suit, does not provide explanation

Spoiler

Flamingo(2): Meerkat, Rhino

Meerkat votes Rhino for voting Flamingo over their elim read (Lion)

Spoiler

Flamingo(1): Rhino
Rhino(1): Meerkat

Rhino follows with a self vote. I am seriously considering if Rhino’s cosmetic role involves them mimicking other players.

Spoiler

Rhino(2): Meerkat, Rhino

About an hour later Rhino moves back to Flamingo

Spoiler

Rhino(1): Meerkat

Meerkat moves back to Heron as they see them viewing the thread

Spoiler

Heron(2): Tuatara, Meerkat

Mouse votes Rhino for their Flamingo vote

Spoiler

Rhino(1): Mouse

Toucan votes Rhino for being overplaying the unbothered villager bit 

Spoiler

Rhino(2): Mouse, Toucan

Heron shows up to add a vote to the Flamingo exe for a combination of self-preservation reasons and suspicions surrounding the D1 poke vote

Spoiler

Flamingo(2): Rhino, Heron

Scorpion adds a vote to Heron to apply pressure and get a response out of Heron. Odd because Heron had posted just before this. I can only assume they were posting simultaneously.

Spoiler

Heron(3): Tuatara, Meerkat, Scorpion

Meerkat switches to Falcon, taking Heron out of the lead 

Spoiler

Heron(2): Tuatara, Scorpion

Falcon(1): Meerkat

Chameleon shows up to add a vote to Heron for gut reasons, putting Heron back in the lead. Noteworthy vote.

Spoiler

Heron(3): Tuatara, Scorpion, Chameleon
Falcon(1): Meerkat

Meerkat moves back to Heron, not satisfied with their response regarding Rhino and Swan

Spoiler

Heron(4): Tuatara, Scorpion, Chameleon, Meerkat

Tuatara switches to Flamingo, satisfied with Heron’s response

Spoiler

Heron(3): Scorpion, Chameleon, Meerkat
Flamingo(3): Rhino, Heron, Tuatara

Flamingo finally shows up and votes Swan on the grounds of their vote on Chameleon being unwarranted for the reasons stated. Does not add to the Heron wagon or any of the other existing trains for self-preservation. Could be teamed with Rhino or Weasel.

Spoiler

Flamingo(3): Rhino, Heron, Tuatara
Swan(1): Flamingo

Tuatara moves to Dragonfly, likes Flamingo’s lack of self-preservation

Spoiler

Dragonfly(1): Tuatara

Rhino switches to Dragonfly

Spoiler

Flamingo(1): Heron
Dragonfly(2): Tuatara, Rhino

Croc votes Heron and unvotes Mouse, where they had never voted in the first place. Mouse and Croc are unlikely to be teamed

Spoiler

Heron(4): Scorpion, Chameleon, Meerkat, Croc

Mouse moves to Heron since Rhino is confusing

Spoiler

Heron(5): Scorpion, Chameleon, Meerkat, Croc, Mouse
Rhino(1): Toucan

Hyena feels uncomfortable with the Heron wagon and votes Flamingo. Their ‘good-list’ curiously overlaps in certain places with their PoE list. Lion, Rhino, Meerkat, and myself are on both lists.

Spoiler

Flamingo(2): Heron, Hyena

Ostrich votes Falcon, not convinced by the suspicions on Heron, Weasel and Rhino

Spoiler

Falcon(1): Ostrich

Tuatara switches to Falcon, agreeing with Ostrich

Spoiler

Dragonfly(1): Rhino
Falcon(2): Ostrich, Tuatara

Hyena switches to Falcon as well, noting that the trains are close

Spoiler

Dragonfly(1): Rhino
Falcon(3): Ostrich, Tuatara, Hyena

Rhino follows suit

Spoiler

Falcon(4): Ostrich, Tuatara, Hyena, Rhino

Hyena unvotes Falcon, no reason stated

Spoiler

Falcon(3): Ostrich, Tuatara, Rhino

Dragonfly moves from Weasel to Heron because the Weasel train appears static

Spoiler

Heron(6): Scorpion, Chameleon, Meerkat, Croc, Mouse, Dragonfly
Weasel(1): Albatross
Falcon(3): Ostrich, Tuatara, Rhino

Hyena votes Falcon again, possibly prompted by Dragonfly’s Heron vote

Spoiler

Weasel(1): Albatross
Falcon(4): Ostrich, Tuatara, Rhino, Hyena

Albatross switches vote from Weasel to Falcon, proposing a Falcon/Hyena pair

Spoiler

Falcon(5): Ostrich, Tuatara, Rhino, Hyena, Albatross

Elephant votes for Scorpion, unwilling to add to neither Falcon nor Heron wagons. Notably introduces a new exe contender instead of adding to the existing non-Falcon/non-Heron wagons.

Spoiler

Falcon(5): Ostrich, Tuatara, Rhino, Hyena, Albatross
Scorpion(1): Elephant

Avil considered his notes. Luciel [Falcon] had been the main contender against the Reneau [Heron] execution, which pointed towards a higher likelihood of Luciel being truly guilty. If that were the case, Avil suspected the Reneau accusators to be colluding with Reneau. 

[OOC: If Falcon is an eliminator, the Heron wagon likely contains three eliminators at most, otherwise two at most. Disliking Mouse, Chameleon, Scorpion, and Meerkat based on this. Disliking Swan and Elephant as well. Disliking Lion for not voting despite being consistently on. Dragonfly does not look great either but my previously existing village lean on them is making me hesitate. Falcon’s flip should have a bearing on Dragonfly’s alignment. Falcon checked in during the turn to warn of their expected absence but did not vote. Granted, they had one vote at the time and perhaps did not feel threatened by it. Falcon could not have been directly responsible for that vote manipulation since they would have Soothed Meerkat, except Meerkat ended up on Heron. It is likely to be either E!Falcon’s teammates or elims attempting to frame V!Falcon.]

Spoiler

Then there were VarLeel [Albatross] and Aylia [Hyena]. Fundamentally, Avil did not agree with VarLeel’s theory because a simpler course of action for the Spiked would be to stack on a villager instead of endangering one of their own. But if there was anything that Avil could conclude from that statement, it was that VarLeel and Aylia were unlikely to be in cahoots, simply because of the spontaneity of the suggestion.

10 hours ago, Salmon Meerkat said:

1. I think you had a typo there, it's Meerkat. Or I guess since my identity is not a big secret, Kjell. I know there was a previous old-timer by the name of 'kel' and the 'j' is silent but I am not him, as demonstrated by my knowledge of proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation.

2. I guess I'm trying to understand why it feels like a slip to you. It doesn't to me, but in case you're onto something...

3. If you believe that Croc is working off TMI that there is E vote manip, does this influence your views of the Falcon-Heron endtrain?

Your name is Salmon Meerkas, right? Hybrid creation of the great animal the Meerkat and the random human, Kas. Body of an oddly colored animal, mind of an oddly anti-red human.

Tone, and nothing else. I've looked again and my initial thought was lessened looking at it again, but when I first saw it I went, wait what? How do you know that?

It does slightly, but like I said, I'm not sure it's elim tmi, role tmi, or PMing tmi, and am starting to doubt it's existence. So my read is a little bit lost as of now.

30 minutes ago, Azure Mouse said:

@Salmon Meerkat so sorry, what is the difference between light/mild/moderate because brain reads them all the same

Artificial barriers that mean nothing but in Meerkas' mind. I'd guess they'd basically be where the color switches on a gradient. 

39 minutes ago, Azure Mouse said:

@Salmon Meerkat so sorry, what is the difference between light/mild/moderate because brain reads them all the same

"I don't think there's any specifics assigned with the adjective," Willam hypothesized, "it's just that moderate is stronger than light which is stronger than mild.

"Personally, in my own lists, I make mild stronger than light. But it's entirely personal preference and is just a way of saying 'village, but less village than these people.'

"For voting, I'd do some mixture of Dragonfly, Falcon, and Chameleon/Rhino, though Rhino is an odd one because they're just blatantly sheeping Meerkat and I. I'm not unsettled, really, by having similar reads to Meerkat, but I am about Rhino. Maybe I shouldn't be.

"I still get a bad gut ping on Toucan that is unexplainable and also probably not deserved. Hyena... I just have no idea because if e!Falcon, e!Hyena makes a lot of sense but I also want to trust Meerkat's reads."

Edited by Cream Tuatara

14 hours ago, Salmon Meerkat said:

With seven non-voters, I think it is very likely that Elim complacency is the correct read, and we can potentially expect that is not pure.

It took me a minute to realize you saying complacency means not caring about the outcome. Not not voting. Interestingly the wording emphasizes your potentially flawed underlying assumption that the elims voted - but I'm happy to make that assumption because otherwise it's a boring game. 

13 hours ago, Salmon Meerkat said:

A Rioter alone could drastically affect the result.

A Rioter voting on Heron could drop their vote, and move a Heron vote to Falcon, turning H6:F5 into H4:F6. A Soothe doesn't solve that, although it would guard against a Rioter hitting a Smoked target and only dropping their own vote. 

3 hours ago, Sunburst Toucan said:

*VC play-by-play*

May The Lord Ruler's blessings fall upon you for this lovely post. You should be able to check for vote shifts due to pressure but that's a project for later. 

2 hours ago, Plum Rhinoceros said:

i am rhino not sheep i am cuddly and friendly i will follow animals i like but me vote is me horn i do not point it lightly

This principle applies to fake Nighttime votes too? I have thoughts about Night voting but I'm not gonna stand in its way

I finally got myself free and sat down to catch up only to get pulled to a 4-hour meeting and now I'm mentally depleted.

Initially, I hoped for a thorough catch-up, but because of the stated reason, it's only going to be glance through and brief thoughts.

D1:

1. Hyena voting Kangaroo for lurking when there were votes on other lurkers.
  2. Annoyed at my initial activity in the game being termed as 'effort' and suspicious at players specifically going 'hate to effort-clear but gonna do it anyway and give village read'. Particularly because it wasn't some post-by-post time-consuming analysis to be termed as an 'effort-post'. It was just my thoughts of players who made impressions on me. In fact, slotting the post as an RP took more time than typing up my thoughts. 
  3. I was on at the time on D1 rollover and noticed 5 players tied at 2 votes [Iguana, Dingo, Mouse, Penguin, Kangaroo]. I was about to add to that by changing my vote to Chameleon but Dingo took their vote off Chameleon and I did not have a problem with any of the above players dying. In the words of Meerkat - 

Philosophically, if I do not [village] read a player, I am indifferent to their dying on D1.

4. Dragonfly's last minute vote on Dingo looks more suspicious than innocent. Granted Iguana turned green, but the move feels more from a possible teammate of player with two votes than a panicked villager. Possible connections to watch out for - Dragonfly x Kangaroo died N1 , Dragonfly x Penguin (players with 2 votes)

N1:

1. Apparently everyone reading Dragonfly's actions exactly the opposite as I read it, huh? :P. Perhaps I should reconsider, because their post explaining their vote does seem genuine, but, I do not know who else to be more precise than this, it feels like e!Stick genuine [not saying the player is Stick or anything of the sort, it's comparable to say... an adorable moose you're about to pat just before it spears you (yes, I've gone off the rails, allow me)]. Either way, connections are still important to remember and look back in the future. Players finding Dragonfly's vote village - [Hyena, Meerkat, Toucan].

D2:

1. Note Hyena x Meerkat [gut is saying there's something there].
  2. Toucan's fixation on Elephant a bit weird given we've had players with a lot more content and it's D2.
  3. Continuing the previous point, Toucan gives opinion about a player with more content and... they are self-aware, but I'm not sure I like this self-awareness. Toucan x Hyena 

I am unsure what to make of Aylia [Hyena], which is slightly worrying considering the presence she has, but I will say that I do enjoy her company as far as our private communications go."

4. Tuatara still good.
  5. See, this is what an effort post looks like. Note Opal Lion.
  6. Okay let me make one thing clear. Poke-voting on player and then not changing the vote when there's a lot of discussion going on, and waiting for the player you poke-voted on to post despite all the discussion, is definitely not a justification for the vote to stay. I do not see any village-motivation behind it [this is regarding players saying I voted on Dragonfly simply for their poke-vote + Dragonfly saying "you know what a poke vote is, right?"].
  7. Re: effort clear, refer to previous points. And not sure if it's the RP, but I feel this harshly discredits my vote as a throwaway. It wasn't. I mentioned all the players who were in the same group as Dragonfly and gave clear reasoning as to why I was choosing them above the others.  

Luciel Hood, that was the name. [OOC: Falcon.] With Falcon more than anyone else, it felt as though he was giving the man too much credit just for effort alone. He didn't like the fact that Hood'd picked out the manic Dragonfly, of everyone else, as though after a series of observations, all Hood could muster was a throwaway vote that was in the middle of nowhere. 

8. This feels... both performative and genuine. Most of it does feel real, but the bolded part and particularly the sentence - "But this is how Tyrian games are lost," seems performative and it triggered me. 

Six votes. A total of twenty players.

Ten hours to rollover. This is past Rollovet.

I know this is New Year. I know it was just past Christmas. I know this is past the holidays.

But this is how Tyrian games are lost.

I get the "I only find suspicions past D3!" deal. But if you don't even remotely try, every day is essentially D1+.

Do you think if we hang back long enough, a Seeker will save us? How do we even know if the Seeker is Village?

9. Rhino gut village.
  10. I still have no idea why players are voting for Flamingo. 
  11. I'm convinced I'm playing a different game and it's slightly worrying that majority of the players have Meerkat, Hyena and Toucan as village reads and I'm finding them, at the very least, slightly evil.
  12. Quote

Falcon frames points in very strict terms without much to back it. Particularly the Tuatara read. 

Turning a gut read to sound evil, @Fuchsia Ostrich?? Literally stated it as a gut reaction to their post. 
  13. Rhino maybe not gut village anymore.
  14. Dragonfly 6th vote on Heron..., that's village or risk-hungry evil. 
  15. Hyena's vote and then retraction, then vote on me feels like not wanting to be on the eliminated player's train. But I really don't know. Speculating further, it felt like they were trying to adjust for a vote manipulation tie they had a knowledge of. 

This took longer than expected, sigh. These are my targets to shoot -  PenguinHyenaToucan and Dragonfly.

Edit: Add Lion too. 

Edited by Emerald Falcon

6 hours ago, Azure Mouse said:

I'm ordering them in terms of strength, from strongest to weakest. Then from the nulls down, weak to strong again.

If you like: Village++, Village+, Village, Null, Evil, Evil-, Evil--, but I don't tend to have Evil-- tiers very often because that reflects a level of certainty I don't often tend to feel in a game.

3 hours ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

It took me a minute to realize you saying complacency means not caring about the outcome. Not not voting. Interestingly the wording emphasizes your potentially flawed underlying assumption that the elims voted - but I'm happy to make that assumption because otherwise it's a boring game. 

I think it's very likely they did. Or I suppose to put it this way: I've mentioned before that I don't like to assume we have an inactive Elim team until the cards point that way. I will straightforwardly agree that Kas has a similar working methodology to me, and this has caused him problems in previous games this year (QF63, QF64...) but at any rate, he isn't playing so this is my problem now.

6 hours ago, Opal Lion said:

Your name is Salmon Meerkas, right? Hybrid creation of the great animal the Meerkat and the random human, Kas. Body of an oddly colored animal, mind of an oddly anti-red human.

No no, it's Meerkat or Kjell.

6 hours ago, Opal Lion said:

Artificial barriers that mean nothing but in Meerkas' mind. I'd guess they'd basically be where the color switches on a gradient. 

Aye.

3 hours ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

A Rioter voting on Heron could drop their vote, and move a Heron vote to Falcon, turning H6:F5 into H4:F6. A Soothe doesn't solve that, although it would guard against a Rioter hitting a Smoked target and only dropping their own vote. 

Yeah, that's why I partly feel that there is a certain complacency in allowing the trains to accumulate that points to V Falcon. Again, sure, I am risk averse in a way that makes me poorly map the calculus for Elim teams, but that doesn't feel too right to me. At the same time, I am firm that I do not get a V read off early Falcon, and that is also sufficient to leave them in PoE for me.

Currently computing how I feel about Falcon's current post because it is an entirely different game they're seeing.

Edited to add:

See, you say this:

2 hours ago, Emerald Falcon said:

Re: effort clear, refer to previous points. And not sure if it's the RP, but I feel this harshly discredits my vote as a throwaway. It wasn't. I mentioned all the players who were in the same group as Dragonfly and gave clear reasoning as to why I was choosing them above the others.  

But the thing is, and the whole reason I didn't like that vote, is you can argue you gave clear reasoning for it, but you essentially camped on Dragonfly and had more or less no interaction with the rest of the cycle, vote-wise or post-wise beyond the throwaway question to me. I agree with you about not V reading being a fair reason to fold your hands, but the fact of the matter remains that it was at least a 3/4 Villager EoD, meaning that Elims are likely to be indifferent (Dragonfly aside), and your vote and your posts for the cycle sits in the sweet spot for indifference and little impact on cycle. Barring reason to V read you, that just looks odd.

At the moment, given our very, very differing views of the gamestate, I'm inclined to punt you back up to null (null+?), and retract the kill vote: Falcon. I don't think an Elim getting back into the game builds a world that just...doesn't talk/connect across people.

I guess I'd be okay with a Flamingo or Lion shot at this point. I still dislike Flamingo's sus of Alb but also peaceful ignoring of how the same reasons impact Dragonfly.

Edited to add 2:

In the event I'm dead: believe Penguin is an acceptable shot - readslist with little engagement indicates low investment, which should be a warning sign in a V/V train EoD which is where I'm back to on Falcon/Heron. Barring shots, argue they should all face pressure tomorrow.

Edited by Salmon Meerkat

Lasset das Zagen, verbannet die Klage

Onidsen whistled, flipping through the first set of records. They were ancient, it seemed, and the tale nearly as sordid—the first recorded Tyrian, done in by lies and distrust and a mysterious individual named Bartbug. He shuddered, his jolly tune breaking off. 

Stimmet voll Jauchzen und Fröhlichkeit an! 

This record, however, seemed complete, even if its tale was a sad one. The next few also seemed in good condition, and he opened the recollections of the next Scholar in his line, and jumped back with a strangled cry. Edda barked and jumped on him, sniffing at his fist which held the parchment, but he yanked it up before she could begin to chew it. He pushed himself to his feet and re-examined what he saw, to make sure his eyes were still working. They were.

A scrawled note on the corner of that next record, barely legible, with his name upon it. A small slip was attached, folded up. Taking it in his trembling hands, he unfolded the scrap of parchment. 

2 minutes ago, Coral Swan said:

Lasset das Zagen, verbannet die Klage

Onidsen whistled, flipping through the first set of records. They were ancient, it seemed, and the tale nearly as sordid—the first recorded Tyrian, done in by lies and distrust and a mysterious individual named Bartbug. He shuddered, his jolly tune breaking off. 

Stimmet voll Jauchzen und Fröhlichkeit an! 

This record, however, seemed complete, even if its tale was a sad one. The next few also seemed in good condition, and he opened the recollections of the next Scholar in his line, and jumped back with a strangled cry. Edda barked and jumped on him, sniffing at his fist which held the parchment, but he yanked it up before she could begin to chew it. He pushed himself to his feet and re-examined what he saw, to make sure his eyes were still working. They were.

A scrawled note on the corner of that next record, barely legible, with his name upon it. A small slip was attached, folded up. Taking it in his trembling hands, he unfolded the scrap of parchment. 

[OOC: Hey Seonid. I just want to make clear that you NKed me N1 AG1 for no good reason >> I was a quiet Villager minding my own business and not getting into any PMs and yelling at everyone who tried to PM me and you literally paranoia NKed me. I am squinting at you every single time you talk about the next AG record >>]

As we wait out the Night, have some Night music. I'd RP but kind of dead inside now and I am extremely behind on my exam revision.

Spoiler

Was hit with some rough family news this morning. I don't think I'll be as active for the next couple of days :(

9 hours ago, Sunburst Toucan said:

Hyena feels uncomfortable with the Heron wagon and votes Flamingo. Their ‘good-list’ curiously overlaps in certain places with their PoE list. Lion, Rhino, Meerkat, and myself are on both lists.

[That was an honest mistake. I meant to remove those name. I think I must've pasted the wrong list of names

Just pretend that all my good list names are removed from my PoE cause that was the whole point.]

[OOC: I've been forgetting about this, so here are some reads and thoughts from me about the past few days after I basically forgot about the game and my life got busy. RPing helps keep me involved and all PMs should be out before D3 Rolovet...fingers crossed]

WitLees awoke from his stupor, his unique talents draining the toxin from his body and excreting it into a small glass vial. Liquid could drip in, but not drip back out. The excess from the horneater white created a deadly acid. WitLees wasn't quite sure how or how potent, but it could eat through metal. It could eat through hemalurgically charged metal. His escape if Ruin and his spiked ever found him.  The only way to keep Ruin away was to destroy a spike. Sure he'd go insane, but he'd been nearly insane for years. This would just allow Ruin to only track him, possibly. WitLees wasn't quite sure of all that Ruin could do. But with only one spike Ruin couldn't control him.

Ignoring all the looks of the patrons in his bar, WitLees quickly and quietly extracted a spike from his leg and shoved it into the vial. 

The metal began to corrode, flakes spiraling off of the metal. A grin began to twitch at the corner of his mouth. He was free! Finally free of all that could control him. Madly he began to scribble on the notice board in the bar.

WitLees's Madness scribbling

[OOC: Very dirty, very fast reads list, still incomplete. But here you have it for D1 and only D1 >>]

Village lean

Spoiler

Meerkat, Crocodile

Null

Spoiler

Flamingo, Weasel, Tuatara, Hyena, Elephant, Rhinoceros, Ostrich, Lion, Dragonfly, Toucan, Scorpion, Swan, Penguin

Elim lean

Spoiler

Albatross, Falcon, Mouse

EDIT:

Hope that all will work out and that you will get some good news soon!

16 minutes ago, Charcoal Hyena said:

Was hit with some rough family news this morning. I don't think I'll be as active for the next couple of days :(

9 hours ago, Sunburst Toucan said:
Edited by Pearl Chameleon

Day Three: Dead and Unemployed

“Is there anything you can do?” Oleinda asked in a mere whisper.

The night had a biting chill to it, so she pulled her rough wool shawl a little closer around her shoulders. The darkness, the mist everyone spoke of held little fear for her. After all, why should it? Darkness was her life, and she could hear as well in the mist as she could during the hottest days.

Afandor stood a few paces away. She could hear his breathing, slow and steady. Measured. When he spoke, his voice matched hers in volume, though it was rough as tree bark. “I’m doing everything I can, but I’m no Mistborn.”

“Nor am I.” A sorrow laced her words. She couldn’t count how many times she had wished for something other than copper. Maybe tin to enhance her already honed senses. Steel or iron so she could, in a way, see the world around her. But that was not her lot in life. Hers was to guard. To protect.

To hide.

“You’re good at hearing things. Send anyone you think may be on our side—that may be metalborn—to me. I’ll protect them.” She smirked. “And if anyone comes to inquire, I can even say honestly I haven’t seen anyone.”

He chuckled softly, though it lacked any real mirth. “I’ll keep watch for you.” After a long pause, he let out a sigh. “You know more bodies will drop before this is fixed, right?”

“Of course.”

“Thank you for calling me back.”

“Someone needed to do something, and I am limited.”

Gravel crunched as Afandor shuffled his feet. “Stay here. I’ll go see what I can find.”

“Wait—” Oleinda fell silent as he dropped a coin and launched himself into the night. It would be safer to have her with him, but he was not used to working with a Smoker.

A silence fell across the city as the noise of his clothing flapping in the wind grew distant. It was the kind of silence that was oppressive, stifling. The kind that smothered other sounds and hushed people into keeping it. It was the silence of fear and dread. Of a city hiding away and hoping—even pretending—that everything was fine.

She wished she could pretend the same. Instead, she was left hoping that Afandor would be fast enough to stop, or at least catch, whoever was responsible.

~~~

Oleinda had not retreated once Afandor had left. Instead, she’d gone out to do her own searching. The rhythmic tap of her walking stick was the only sign of anyone out and about. Maybe she should have been afraid of announcing her location like that, but few people listened as they should. Besides, she kept it quiet even to her own ears.

She listened to the stillness of the night. Listened to the air whistling through gaps in windows and doors. Brushing across the wooden exteriors. There were things moving out there in the night. More than just the quiet shifting of people tucked away in their homes.

Oleinda burned copper, keeping herself hidden from those Seeking. She couldn’t guarantee those were all working for the good of Tyrian Falls. Anyone could be compromised. That’s why she’d called Afandor back after all these years. He was hopefully removed enough that he wasn’t a problem.

She turned into what she thought was the town center and heard coins clattering to the ground. She stilled, holding her breath and backing up until she brushed against a building.

“Why are you out?”

A quick sigh of relief escaped her. It was Afandor. “I called you to help. Not to do all of the work for me.”

“It’s not safe.” He hesitated. “I saw something, and was about to go—”

“Take me. We’ll both be safer if you’re in my cloud.”

“I knew you’d say that.”

“And you should have figured I’d follow regardless.”

“Fine. Hold tight.” He stepped close and put an arm around her waist. She tucked her walking stick under her arm and gripped him tight with both hands. Then they were in the air.

It was a strange sensation, having the world drop away. But thrilling. The rising and falling as Afandor Pushed them from building to building. After no more than a minute, he dropped them slowly onto a rooftop.

“There. Listen.” He grabbed her hand and pulled it towards where he meant.

Oleinda blocked out the rest of her senses, focusing only on what she could hear. Some rustling of clothing. Clinking of a coin pouch, though it didn’t seem very full. Crunching gravel under shuffling footsteps. “What do you see?”

“There’s someone in the street. They look… lost? Or maybe like they’re looking for something.”

That accounted for the shuffling. Not the meandering stumble of a drunk or the purposeful steps of someone trying to find safety in the night. This was something else.

“Can you see a coin pouch?”

“No.”

Dread sank low in her stomach. That clinking. It was rhythmic. Like someone contemplating what to do. She opened her mouth, but it was too late.

There was the slide of coins being plucked from the bag and an instant later a shout from down below.

Afandor cursed as he grabbed hold of her again and launched towards the person who had seemed so lost in the streets.

Another coin dropped, making a hollow thunk as if hitting wood rather than stone. “Do you see anyone else?”

“No. And I don’t see any metal moving.” They dropped to the ground and as soon as Oleinda had found her feet, Afandor released her and rushed forward to the source of groaning.

“Are you hurt?” Afandor said.

The man on the ground moaned. “Sure, but I’m not dead yet.”

“What happened?” Oleinda asked, stepping closer.

“Lord Ruler only knows.”

~~~

Linaan would never catch a Spiked at this rate if Ruin could track her every movement and relay her position to them. He would never accept her defection without proof of her killing Sidor, an unacceptable price to pay even at the cost of the entire town and extremely difficult to fake. No Kandra could pass as unspiked to Ruin’s eyes, and no body double would hold up under close investigation. Perhaps Sidor herself would have a solution, if she could talk to her without leading the Spiked right to her.

To start off, a different approach would be needed. Reverse had called her a mistwraith, so perhaps it was time to lean into that. She’d switched through a spectrum of her preferred cat bodies for two weeks, so she was overdue to take on a different form. The location of her underground bone repository was already known, so going there again wouldn’t cause further harm.

She retracted her cat features upon seeing that Sidor’s study was guarded by two of her agents, who startled as Linaan approached. At the same time, Ruin’s voice began in her head.

“This village will never accept you. They tolerate you for now on your mistress’s behalf, but they’ll always see you as a predator lying in wait to strike at the most opportune moment. Once true panic sets in, they won’t hesitate to kill you. Why give them a chance?”

Linaan ignored him as one of the agents called out to her. “Linaan! Sidor’s not here, but she left a message for you. The place where Willam was staying has been broken into, and the first agent we sent to investigate hasn’t responded. The first ones to find you were to go investigate with you.”

“Traveling with me will draw unwanted attention to you. We’ll go separately.”

"See how you bend and scrape for these humans! None of them would show you the same concern. You’ve simply been deemed expendable, a tool who can be placed in the greatest danger with little regard for your survival.”

“Of course. We’ll go north and then east to get there while you circle around.” While saying so, the other agent held out a metal sheet etched with a crude map showing that they would be taking a completely different route. Linaan nodded in acknowledgement and headed off.

“By now it’s too late for poor Willam, but you can still save the agent who went after him. Why should you though? What do you hope to gain? A member of my finest creations satisfied by being a good kitty for humans when you could have whatever you want at my side.”

~~~

Linaan rushed into Willam’s house. It had been heavily damaged and its original inhabitants killed by Scimon Tlag’s last stand, but under Willam’s care it had regained far more than its former glory. Now it was damaged again, windows shattered and the front door smashed in.

Inside, the wreckage was even worse. Furniture had been overturned and destroyed and a spreading pool of blood rippled out from where Willam and the first agent lay, the former with an arm’s length of glass in his chest.

“Ah, Linaan! Thanks for coming. I’m afraid I can’t do anything more for Master Willam here. I heard sounds of combat and got here just in time to see him fight off an intruder, but he’s been too badly wounded to move, and I can’t defend myself if the intruder comes back while I’m carrying him. Now that you’re here, we can get him to medical care.”

“No medical care,” Willam wheezed out. “Let me die in my house. Mine. I never thought, I’d have a place, I could call my own.” He died with a smile on his face.  

Cream Tuatara was killed by the Spiked! They were a Vanilla Villager!

Onyx Flamingo was attacked by a Coinshot, but survived!

Day Three has begun! This turn will end Wednesday, January 4 at 6:00 PM PST / Thursday January 5 at 2 a.m. GMT / 1 p.m. AEDT

PMs are Open

Player List:

Spoiler

1. @Amethyst Scorpion - Scop

2. @Azure Mouse

3. @Charcoal Hyena - Aylia

4. @Chartreuse Penguin - Donn Keihote (Insane)

5. @Coral Swan - Onidsen (Scholar, Caroler; has animal companion)

6. @Cream Tuatara - Willam (Terris Steward) Vanilla Villager

7. @Emerald Falcon - Luciel (sheriff)

8. @Fuchsia Ostrich - Koros (Secret Agent)

9. @Indigo Weasel

10. @Ivory Dragonfly - (Manic Ghostblood)

11. @Magenta Albatross -VarLeel

12. @Mauve Crocodile - (Obli-gator)

13. @Melon Dingo - Reverse (Glassblower, not psychologist) Village Smoker

14. @Mint Heron- Reneau (Former Obligator in denial) Village Smoker

15. @Onyx Flamingo - Agolac (Forgetful)

16. @Opal Lion - Guy (Internet Speak)

17. @Sunburst Toucan - Avil Ejir

18. @Pearl Chameleon - WitLees (Kandra barkeep)

19. @Plum Rhinoceros

20. @Saffron Iguana - Taltin Keriell (Undercover nobleman spy) Village Rioter

21. @Sage Kangaroo - (High Imperial) Village Lurcher

22. @Salmon Meerkat - Aurelien (Awake)

23. @Sapphire Elephant - Ciril Yuanivori (Sleeptalking oversleeper)

Tineye Messages:

I̷̢̪̩̼̩̞̘̮̠̠̅̈͌̆̌͘͜ ̵̩͖̣̱̹̞͎̫͈̟͌̔̈͐̐͜͝͠A̷̢̞̫̩̘̎͛̏̏̈́͂̒̅̓͛̅ͅM̶̟̘͔͉̻̤͙̘̻͈̳̹̆̔̆͒̏̑͛̈́͊̄̿́͝ ̷̧̲̠̻̀͊̿͆̅̃͆͗͜͜T̵̛͚̜͐̊͆̍̏̋̋̾͝͝H̶̢̖͈͚͕͈̠̞͔͚̪̋̑Ẹ̶̗͕̽̍̃͆̇͑̚͘̕͜ͅ ̶̙͊̀͊͂̌̏͗͑͐̍̊͛͝E̷̫͇̠͇̦̦̺̝͚͎̠̗̿̏̈́̃͋̃̈̄̕̕L̵̰͇͓̯̥̣̠͈̠͂̈́̅͐̿̓̓̽͝I̸̡͖̪͖͇̰̞̲̩̬̮̞͖̘̾́̋̉̂̽͗̈́M̸̧̧̧̡̼͉̜͙̤̬̹̳̪̲̏̓͗̅̓͋̐͌͆̓̓͝ͅ ̷͙̗̰̞̼͇̈́̾̀̀̒́̎̎͗̽͝T̸̬̺̲͖̿̔̓́͋́̒͌̍̀͌̑̍I̶̪̭̮͚̺̯̖̯̗̙̘̝̥̼͐͂̓͂̆̌̉̇̕̕ͅǸ̸̝͍̜͈̳̞͗̕ͅE̸̡̢̧̳̜͓̙͎̩͙̲̅̈̏̅̚ͅY̷̢̢̛̰̼̠̺̯̠̤̯̹͇͌̂͜Ė̵̡̫̣̲̤̭̌̇,̶̧̡̢̛͓̻̯̪̠͔͍̪̈͌̾̈̊̑͒̀͑̓̓͘͝ ̶̥̙͙̼̘̪̱͋̈́͐͋̔͘ͅI̶̻̟̦͙͚͔̽͋̅͆̅͒̄͛͘͘͝͠ ̶͕̼͈͍̈́̀̃̃͌̀D̵̢̧̘̪͖͚̤͕̙̯̼̱͇̿̌̈́̓̊͆̑̾̔̈́̏̇͠͝ͅẠ̶̥̍͊͝R̸̯̳̙̻̭̂̌͛̊̂́͛̐̃̃̓̔͂̓̚E̵̡̜̮̜̘͙͒ ̵̡̘̟̱̖̉͗̐́͋͜Ÿ̸̡͖̫̬̪̥̰͕͚̞͎̘͓͇̅̇̄̐́̓̃̀͐̃̍̋͝Ȍ̷̢̳̻̈̃̊͂̑̕Ȕ̸̢͉̋̓͊͌̀̓̈́̐̂͑ͅ ̴̨̡̧͔̗̯͉̺̟̙̗͚̬̱̓̍́̍̎̓T̵̨̰̦̫̩̜̟̗̬̤̺̖̹̅͌̑͂̂̀̚̕O̶̡̢̹̻͉̯̰͍̙̙̟̙̓̉̇́͋͒͝ ̵͎̤̯̰̤̤̼̣͑̈́͛̑̔͜F̷̛̞̺̲̝̠̤͕̭͇̲̯͍͗̌̐̿͒̀̒̐́͠ͅͅI̵͔͉̓͐̉̌͂̓̎̊́͝Ņ̸͇̩̫̾͊̋̀̄D̵̡̧̧͖͖̹̮̥̺̣̱̣͙̃̽̂́̈̂̚ ̶͈̻̩͔̃͛͝͠Ḿ̴̻̖̼̠̜̫̗̰͎̭͊̾́̉̎̇͐̈͝ͅE̴̢̧̨͉̯͔̳̜̖̟͕͂̈́͋̄̀͆̓͜͜͠ͅͅ

¿Dónde está la biblioteca?
Me llamo T-Bone
La araña discoteca

Discoteca, muñeca, la biblioteca
Es en bigote grande, perro, manteca

Manteca, bigote, gigante, pequeño
Cabeza es nieve
Cerveza es bueno

Buenos días, me gustas papas frías
Bigote de la cabra
Es Cameron Díaz

Yeah boy, boy
Yeah
What! Its 2023
Word

F̸͕̠̍̌͂͋͊͋̀͆͗̾͋̒̚͠͝Į̴̡̯̰͎̦͚̱͇͈̝̞̘̣̅̒̎̂̽̚N̸̫͇͉̞̦͌͒̆͂̈̄̇͆D̶̢̢͇̼͍͇̮͖͚͉̦̟͚́̋͌̅̃͊̚̚͠ ̵̨̰̗̜̭͕̼̅͌̉̍ͅT̷̢̧͎͙̣̹͎͍̤̯͋͝ͅḪ̶̨̱̪͔͕̣̘͙̟̠̜͔̦̑̑̀͝ͅE̵̢̙̘̣͙͋̏̋̇̏̅̈́̽͗͋̃͂̏̚̚ ̷̡̣͉͖̣̼͈̉͘P̵̡̢̳̥̗̬̜̘̟͎̥̰̖̲̐̏̽̔͊͠A̸̺͘T̶̛̲̩̬̮̞̙͉̥̘̙̲́͛̾̇̃̌͒͘T̶̠̺͍̔Ȩ̴̨̛̙̻̫͕͉̩̱̞̦̠̣̞̎́͂͐̀̀͛̄͂͆͜͠R̷̨̲͚͕̳͇͙͉͓̟̬͕̅͗͗̔̋̉͛̍͜N̴̺̪̔͛̒͐̈́͋̊͌̑̐̓͠͠ ̷̖̦̫̈͐̓́̒̏̓͂̔̊́͛̚͘Š̵̜̆̋̾̓̀O̸̞̼͙͕͕͇͈͔̯̽͗͌Ļ̸̤̝̝̱̲͎̻͗̇͛̋͊̃V̵̧̧̢̦̲͔͙̰̓̃̊͋͂̽̈̍̄̈͝É̵̡̢̧͔͖̜̼͓̃͊̋̆͑̂̽̍̿̚͘ ̶͕̦͔͍̩̀̃̑̊T̶̖͇̫̿̇̒̎̓̈́́̀͆͛̋͗Ḫ̵̝͌̆̓̀͑̓̐̔͑̓̿̾̕͜͠Ȅ̶̢̜̣͉͖͎͉̯̾͌̄̉̾̍̋̐͐ ̷̘̳̻͓̩͇̩̓̈̌̇͜C̴̜̱̗̺͙̓͠L̷̫͋̂͑͐̽͗̽̔̓̊͝U̴̯̲͔̪̭̍͛͛͘͘͠Ê̵̳͔

"It's a strange thing, paranoia. It creeps up on you when you least expect it, a shadowy figure in the corner of your mind. You try to ignore it, to push it away, but it persists. It whispers in your ear, telling you that everyone is out to get you, that they're all plotting against you. At first, you laugh it off. But as the days go by, the whispers grow louder and more insistent. You start to believe them. You start to see danger everywhere you look. Every stranger is a potential enemy, every glance a potential threat.

It's exhausting, this constant state of alertness. It eats at your soul, leaving you drained and anxious. You can't sleep, can't relax, can't trust anyone. You start to lose touch with reality, convinced that you're the only one who can see the truth.

But is it really the truth? Or is it just the product of a fevered mind, a mind that's been pushed to the brink of madness by the constant onslaught of fear and uncertainty?

I don't know. All I know is that I can't escape it. It's a part of me now, a twisted, gnarled root that buries itself deep in my soul. And no matter how hard I try, I can't shake it. I can't escape the constant chatter in my head, the endless cycle of doubt and mistrust."

Commicommand

Does emotional Allomancy work on animals?

Brandon Sanderson

Emotional Allomancy requires a certain level of sapience.

Phantine

So dolphins, oragutans, mistwraiths and parrots might work?

Brandon Sanderson

I was intentionally vague. :)

-Lil Goat

Edited by Devotary of Spontaneity
Removed extraneous quote box

Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum Tuat.

3 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

I̷̢̪̩̼̩̞̘̮̠̠̅̈͌̆̌͘͜ ̵̩͖̣̱̹̞͎̫͈̟͌̔̈͐̐͜͝͠A̷̢̞̫̩̘̎͛̏̏̈́͂̒̅̓͛̅ͅM̶̟̘͔͉̻̤͙̘̻͈̳̹̆̔̆͒̏̑͛̈́͊̄̿́͝ ̷̧̲̠̻̀͊̿͆̅̃͆͗͜͜T̵̛͚̜͐̊͆̍̏̋̋̾͝͝H̶̢̖͈͚͕͈̠̞͔͚̪̋̑Ẹ̶̗͕̽̍̃͆̇͑̚͘̕͜ͅ ̶̙͊̀͊͂̌̏͗͑͐̍̊͛͝E̷̫͇̠͇̦̦̺̝͚͎̠̗̿̏̈́̃͋̃̈̄̕̕L̵̰͇͓̯̥̣̠͈̠͂̈́̅͐̿̓̓̽͝I̸̡͖̪͖͇̰̞̲̩̬̮̞͖̘̾́̋̉̂̽͗̈́M̸̧̧̧̡̼͉̜͙̤̬̹̳̪̲̏̓͗̅̓͋̐͌͆̓̓͝ͅ ̷͙̗̰̞̼͇̈́̾̀̀̒́̎̎͗̽͝T̸̬̺̲͖̿̔̓́͋́̒͌̍̀͌̑̍I̶̪̭̮͚̺̯̖̯̗̙̘̝̥̼͐͂̓͂̆̌̉̇̕̕ͅǸ̸̝͍̜͈̳̞͗̕ͅE̸̡̢̧̳̜͓̙͎̩͙̲̅̈̏̅̚ͅY̷̢̢̛̰̼̠̺̯̠̤̯̹͇͌̂͜Ė̵̡̫̣̲̤̭̌̇,̶̧̡̢̛͓̻̯̪̠͔͍̪̈͌̾̈̊̑͒̀͑̓̓͘͝ ̶̥̙͙̼̘̪̱͋̈́͐͋̔͘ͅI̶̻̟̦͙͚͔̽͋̅͆̅͒̄͛͘͘͝͠ ̶͕̼͈͍̈́̀̃̃͌̀D̵̢̧̘̪͖͚̤͕̙̯̼̱͇̿̌̈́̓̊͆̑̾̔̈́̏̇͠͝ͅẠ̶̥̍͊͝R̸̯̳̙̻̭̂̌͛̊̂́͛̐̃̃̓̔͂̓̚E̵̡̜̮̜̘͙͒ ̵̡̘̟̱̖̉͗̐́͋͜Ÿ̸̡͖̫̬̪̥̰͕͚̞͎̘͓͇̅̇̄̐́̓̃̀͐̃̍̋͝Ȍ̷̢̳̻̈̃̊͂̑̕Ȕ̸̢͉̋̓͊͌̀̓̈́̐̂͑ͅ ̴̨̡̧͔̗̯͉̺̟̙̗͚̬̱̓̍́̍̎̓T̵̨̰̦̫̩̜̟̗̬̤̺̖̹̅͌̑͂̂̀̚̕O̶̡̢̹̻͉̯̰͍̙̙̟̙̓̉̇́͋͒͝ ̵͎̤̯̰̤̤̼̣͑̈́͛̑̔͜F̷̛̞̺̲̝̠̤͕̭͇̲̯͍͗̌̐̿͒̀̒̐́͠ͅͅI̵͔͉̓͐̉̌͂̓̎̊́͝Ņ̸͇̩̫̾͊̋̀̄D̵̡̧̧͖͖̹̮̥̺̣̱̣͙̃̽̂́̈̂̚ ̶͈̻̩͔̃͛͝͠Ḿ̴̻̖̼̠̜̫̗̰͎̭͊̾́̉̎̇͐̈͝ͅE̴̢̧̨͉̯͔̳̜̖̟͕͂̈́͋̄̀͆̓͜͜͠ͅͅ

Oh, so it's like that, is it?

I'm guessing the evil Tineye is American because they used Spanish. By the way, I got a clear denial from Rhino that they were the 'hi' Tineye yesterday. I find elim impersonating a better explanation than them outing themselves for no reason - at that point you just don't submit the message at all. 

There was a few declarations of busyness last Night that can be used to tenantively cross off people who wouldn't have time to do those colors. 

If whoever protected Flamingo (including themself if that's the case) wants to claim it, I'll give them a free clear since there's too many bodies to make wasting NKs on a WGG worth it. 

Edit: curse The Lord Ruler, ignore that

OK now Swan what're you doing mate. I don't understand why you're so convinced we're convinced you're village

Edited by Mauve Crocodile