Could harmonium make you a feruchemist?

Vin(Diesel)

On 20-11-2022 at 2:51 AM, lacrossedeamon said:

Check the Hemalurgic table again. Atium steals any one specific ability; Lerasium steals all abilities. 

Atium steals any power, Lerasium all abilities. These are both different things. Powers are the various, well, powers, you have, things involving active investure usage, like Allomantic and Feruchemical abilities, or Surgebinding. Abilities are passive things, like strength, intelligence, possibly special things certain species have, like Aimian shapeshifting.

Finally, there's also Necrosil, which steals Investure, which is the innate investure someone has, such as the strength of their soul, but iirc also things like Breaths.

Edited by kenod

16 hours ago, Wildhogs2011 said:

Brandon has said you can combine atium and lerisium to produce a feruchemist. He has also said you can’t combine atium and lerisium to form harmonium. 

https://wob.coppermind.net/entry/14146

https://wob.coppermind.net/entry/12145

also the WoB quoted about him switching out atium for cadmium I am not sure is still cannon as recently he has instead stated the atium we know is an electrum atium alloy and thus electrum mistings could burn it. Thus removing his need for preservation to have changed allomancy as stated in that WoB and fixing his issue with all god metals should be burnable by everyone.

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/482/#e15299

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/509/#e15969

There's a leap of logic here.

The original atium is proposed to have been an alloy, and it was burned by Mistings, but at no point is it said that it's burned by electrum Mistings. We are never shown a gold misting burning malatium, and aren't given any evidence that a Misting could burn an atium alloy of their own metal either in text or via WoB.

What's said to have changed is the metal, not the system of Era 1 allomancy whereby atium and an atium alloy (now two atium alloys) products became part of the sixteen with their own Mistings, one in sixteen (not in eight) came out of the mist sickness with the ability to burn atium, and electrum and 'atium' Mistings still have different names and such. 

On the creation of Feruchemy, there's also this:

teknopathetic

I have a Reddit PM WOB that says the Terris were given Feruchemy as a gift, and that Brandon may get into how that occurred at some point.

Brandon Sanderson

It was more of a gift than an accident, but I do plan to someday dig into it more.

General Reddit 2018 (April 30, 2018)

It also seems that the Terris, before Rashek, were Cosmere aware and had some interaction both with Hoid who was involved in founding the Worldbringers but also Preservation in order to have access to the prophecies. This means they also had direct access to Ati's shardpool and the atium alloy, and presumably must have found some use for it that didn't involve burning it. The lerasium beads also existed before Rashek's ascension, and only twelve have been accounted for out of a likely sixteen given the below:

Questioner

Did the Lord Ruler create the lerasium that he gave to the ten foreign kings? Or where they put there by Leras--

Brandon Sanderson

Oh, good question… No one's asked me that before, I don't believe. Did the Lord Ruler create the lerasium that he gave-- No, he found the lerasium. It was existent before his Ascension.

Questioner

Can I ask if it was placed there intentionally by Leras or did it sort of grow similar to how atium--

Brandon Sanderson

The Lord Ruler-- It was not placed for him, he had to-- he had to get it.

JordanCon 2016 (April 23, 2016)

There's also a further hint in that Hoid seems to use Fortune to get where he's going and there is only one invested art that is known to have this ability, and the medallion method hadn't been developed yet by the time that Hoid starts doing this. It's likely that whatever process was done to the Terris to give them this ability was also experienced by Hoid.

On 20/12/2022 at 4:38 AM, Proletariat said:

electrum Mistings

Its what "Atium Mistings" can burn. Its not really Atium. Its Nalatium. So they should, in reality, be called Nalatium Mistings.

Feruchemy is of both Perservation and Ruin. Which makes me tend to agree with the nation that an alloy/combination of both. We do not know what burning Atium does. Maybe if you burn both at the same time you become a Feruchemist instead of an Allomancer.

• 2 weeks later...

Soo hear me out. I think Harmonium Can make you a feruchemist, but not how ya'll are theorizing.

It seems like Harmonium, As a fusion of ruin and preservation naturally rejects being used for allomancy or hemalurgy(Explody Powers). What people are sleeping on, is that It's most usable Metallic art is Feruchemy, as it is made of both Ruin and Preservation. 

I think Harmonium lets you store invested abilities.

Not like necrosil, which stores the product of abilities, but the abilities themselves.

It's additional utility, is that as the ultimate Feruchemical Metal, anyone can store or tap it.

Soooooo..... Its real power is making Mistborn/Feruchemists in an end neutral manner. All one would have to do, is find 32 mistings and ferrings, and get them to give up their powers (Pay them exorbitant ammounts maybe? or be a supervillain idk), Tap the Harmoniummind, and BAM, you're the new Lord Ruler

Honestly that just sounds like Unkeyed/Unsealed necrosilminds where the powers don’t degrade, and we don’t know if the powers degrade with/without use like memories. Also, we see from the bands it is possible to store the powers in a necrosilmind, though I don’t see any reference to storing the effects in a necrosilmind.