1. 1. World Shape???

• Tetrahedron???
    • Octahedron???
    • Dodecahedron???
    • Isodecahedron???
    • C u b e ? ? ?
    • I hate all of these options.

37 minutes ago, The Unknown Novel said:

The essences, luax, that of light, fire, and spirit, kinatar, that of movement, time, and strength, arid, that of rock, steel, and all physical things, and savvour, that of life, from the smallest worm to the greatest mage. 

That sentence desperately needs some semicolons, my guy

38 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

That sentence desperately needs some semicolons, my guy

The; essences; luax; that; of; light; fire; and; spirit; kinatar; that; of; movement; time; and; strength; arid; that; of; rock; steel; and; all; physical; things; and; savvour; that; of; life; from; the; smallest; worm; to; the; greatest; mage;.

Is that better?

3 hours ago, The Unknown Novel said:

A good old high fantasy sounds really nice. Maybe we decide on a sci-fi thing too, but I really want to do some medieval era fantasy. So,

The essences, luax, that of light, fire, and spirit, kinatar, that of movement, time, and strength, arid, that of rock, steel, and all physical things, and savvour, that of life, from the smallest worm to the greatest mage. 

Anyone can utilize the essences, we do it naturally absorbing the power from what we eat. With some training and effort, one can make a fire, or melt a piece of ice. Simple things. To do more, one must be a mage, whose blood and soul are bonded to the essences. A mage, depending on his strength, may be bonded to one essence (and therefore having typical power in the rest), or many. A luax mage can create great fireballs, lighten dark places, and turn things to dust. A kinatar mage can leap over trees, slow time, and become twice as strong as any man. An arid mage can shatter rocks, shape metal, and even turn things into other things. A savvour mage can shapeshift, control animals, and influence the emotions of humans. 

Can I have the Skiens if we are doing this? I want to do a hive-mind character.

Executive deduction: we will have medival-themed magic. Maybe some of the more remote islands have weird stuff, but the basics are medival.

Spoiler

Why do I feel like a fraud…

I’m also gonna say that there are edges to this world where reality warps.

Facts: Archipelago world. Medival based. Reality warping edges.

—Kassy

Edited by The Halcyon Girl

3 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Executive deduction: we will have medival-themed magic. Maybe some of the more remote islands have weird stuff, but the basics are medival.

Reveal hidden contents

Why do I feel like a fraud…

I’m also gonna say that there are edges to this world where reality warps.

Facts: Archipelago world. Medival based. Reality warping edges.

—Kassy

No, there should be weird islands around the globe where reality warps. This enables us to have a world that is round, and therefore actually makes sense. The reality-warping places have a Warhammer 40k esque-vibe to them, so maybe we could take inspiration from that?

Just now, NerdyAarakocra said:

No, there should be weird islands around the globe where reality warps. This enables us to have a world that is round, and therefore actually makes sense. The reality-warping places have a Warhammer 40k esque-vibe to them, so maybe we could take inspiration from that?

I don’t know Warhammer. But sure, that’s actually better! Well done!

Facts: Archipelago. Medival. Weird islands around randomly where reality warps. Globe planet thing.

—Kassy

9 minutes ago, The Unknown Novel said:

Can we do a tetrahedron world for fun? Pretty please?

Another scary executive decision: We’re gonna put it to a vote. You’ll have your answer in a day (unless Channelknight isn’t back by then; we’ll wait for his go-ahead). 

Facts: Archipelago. Medival. Islands where reality warps. 

Considerations: tetrahedral world. 

For: Haly, Unknown Novel

Against:

—Kassy

Edited by The Halcyon Girl

I'll join if that's all right ^_^

5 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Hard magic....

Ooh!

This is an idea, feel free to shoot it down. There are three types of Starmages: Solar, Lunar, and Stellar. They each draw their strength from different sources: Solmages from the Sun (or suns, or nearby stars) Lunamages from the moon (or planet, or any reflected starlight on a celestial body) and Stellamages from distant stars (or light from any deep space objects.)

I was going to use this for a book, but it's kind of becoming obsolete, so...we can use it here. If people want.

This could fit a high fantasy or sci-fi/high fantasy setting.

What do starmages do? Uh....let me get back to you on that. Or just decide for yourself.

Would Stellamages be able to choose the space object they gain power from or would it be chosen for them in some way? Would Stellamages of different space objects have different levels of power? (like a mage that draws power from one star vs a mage that draws power from a whole star cluster)

I really like this idea if you cant tell ^^, though I'd be okay with any magic system really

Edited by justice_magician

Facts: Archipelago. Medival. Islands where reality warps. Magical creatures.

Considerations: tetrahedral world; star-moon-sun based magic

Tetrahedral world:

For: Haly, Unknown Novel

Against:

Star-moon-sun magic

For: Justice, Wizard (I think, correct me if Im wrong)

Against:

—Kassy

I shall proceed to create.

Every world is made up of hundreds of stories. Small ones. Big ones. Tales that end in triumph- or tragedy. From the span of a few moments to millennia, stories define humanity.

And humanity defines stories. In this world (called by more names than could be counted), on this day, several people begin stories of their own. A street urchin finds an unusual item amongst a heap of refuse. A child on a farm is approached by a magical stranger. A knight must make a choice that will determine the path of the rest of his life. A queen must decide what to eat for dinner.

Right now these stories are small things; their fate is not yet clear. Perhaps they will end tomorrow, drifting into obscurity like billions of tales before them. Perhaps they will grow to encompass nations, redefining the destiny of the entire world. 

Which is it? That, my friends, is up to you.

Kay, so we need to decide on a method of government. Are the isles where people live governed separately, or is every island it’s own ruler? Is there communication between them?

I think it would be cool to have a couple of large islands and then the rest is unexplored—some have people, others viscious jungles and such.