Who is Zellion?

Renarin Kholin

I think that seems like a reasonable guess. I certainly assume that it's a Stormlight character, given that the Kickstarter is specifically for Stormlight minis. El is a good guess. Either that or Dalinar defeats TOdium somehow in book 5 and this is the new big bad for books 6-10 (which could be El, come to think of it).

My money is on Evil Dalinar's new name much like how Moash got the new name Vasher Vyre

None of this will be a spoiler. The kickstarter wont give details on who Zellion is, and then we wont learn about Dalinar's new name until the end of SP5. Or as a slight variation, Adolin will take Dalinar's place as the new Zellion (which has been vaguely forshadowed maybe) 

Edit: Wrote Vasher instead of Vyre

Edited by teknopathetic

5 hours ago, Harrycrapper said:

I'd say we'll at least know whether Zellion is human or Singer/Fused whenever we get a good look 

I guess sort of. Can a human cognitive shadow enter a Singer body to become a fused? Also, Shardplate could hide a lot. 

Edited by teknopathetic

I have a feeling Dalinar ends up becoming Trell. EL could be short for Zellion, so I'd lean more in favor of that being his true identity

21 hours ago, teknopathetic said:

My money is on Evil Dalinar's new name much like how Moash got the new name Vasher Vyre

None of this will be a spoiler. The kickstarter wont give details on who Zellion is, and then we wont learn about Dalinar's new name until the end of SP5. Or as a slight variation, Adolin will take Dalinar's place as the new Zellion (which has been vaguely forshadowed maybe) 

Edit: Wrote Vasher instead of Vyre

On 2022-10-14 at 7:14 AM, StormingTexan said:

Another image released. I am guessing this is Odium's champion. 

Edit: Interesting could this be Ishar's Honoblade? 

Concept art of Zellion, a Shardbearer in heavily battle-damaged armor. Zellion's visor glows orange-red, and their armor is covered in fiery cracks. In many places, the metal is pocked and pitted. Zellion carries a Shardblade with an elegant crossguard, shown here as a stylized white outline.

The sword reminds me of Pattern for some reason. 

As for Dalinar, do any paper copy people have a description of when the Stormfather was turned into a blade in Oathbringer? Would be interesting to compare. I’m an audiobook person so can’t be too helpful. 

Edited by teknopathetic

22 hours ago, teknopathetic said:

As for Dalinar, do any paper copy people have a description of when the Stormfather was turned into a blade in Oathbringer? Would be interesting to compare. I’m an audiobook person so can’t be too helpful. 

Not much to go on, I’m afraid. Here’s the passage:

Dalinar growled. He felt something he could touch, something beyond places. The power that bound worlds together. His power.

Wait, the Stormfather said. This is not right!

Dalinar ignored him, reaching beyond and pulling power through. Something bright white manifested in his hand, and he rammed it into the keyhole.

The Stormfather groaned, a sound like thunder.

2 minutes ago, Johnny Silverlight said:

Apparently the blade being pure white is done so that the sword's design is easier for the sculptors to see. It's not necessarily the sword's actual color.

Yes according to this but I wish we really knew if he was referring to the shape as well or just the color. I tend to think he was referring to the color but not sure. 

3 hours ago, Why Kaladin? said:

The swords shape is very similar to Ishar's Honorblade with the wavy texture as far as I can see.

Who is Zellion? - Cosmere Discussion - 17th Shard, the Official Brandon  Sanderson FansiteEnding_the_Oathpact_by_Katie_Payne.jpg

Broken Oath by Antti Hakosaari.jpg

Ishar's Honorblade is the first to the left.

are those canon pictures? Where'd you find them?

This was recently brought to my attention by someone on reddit. During the Rhythm of War release party Brandon did some readings from unpublished novels. One of them was "The Sixth Incarnation of Pandora". The main character in this book is an immortal super soldier that has had his body augmented by technology.

The reason I bring this up is because the main characters name is Zellion!

Now Brandon wrote this waaay back in the day, so I doubt that the Zellion in this story is going to be copy/pasted to the Zellion we will see soon. However, it is definitely an interesting connection that I think could lead to some interesting theorizing

Link to WoB

Link to Youtube video Brandon starts talking about it around 27:30

Edited by El_Gryphon
Unfinished