Moash, Kaladin, and a redemption arc noone wants.

so, I hate this theory even though I came up with it. I do think it is kind of likely considering some hints we get.

I will now say what I hate. 

what if at the end of SA five Kaladin and Moash have a gay relationship! 

(I know, I hate it myself, but it is likely which makes me hate it even more)

alrighty then, as much as I hate this I will respond. so I can't remember specific stuff, but there are hints around the end of oath bringer and in WoR that might mean it, but they might not mean anything, just that they will be friends. I also think that in RoW they have some interactions that I think might be hinting? like Moash might have a crush on Kal. I don't know, can someone say im wrong already?

Speak for yourself, this is my dream.

Like there is absolutely no way you can convince me that there's never been anything romantic between them, at least just feelings for eachother. I mean have you seen the way the talk about eachother???

Why did Kaladin tease at him, draw his attention? Why did Kaladin always make the old emotions churn again, if briefly?

"Mostly unchained" yeah okay gayboy. I mean seriously, "someone's mind controlled but there feelings for their love interest are strong enough to break through" is a trope about as old as mind-control tropes themselves. (And yes what moash has going on isn't "technically" mind control but it's close enough for these purposes).And then there's lines like "Kaladin had opened his heart to this man" and a distinct separation drawn between his relationship with Moash and his relationship with the rest of bridge four. And then of course there's teft's "storm you moash at least kaladin loves me".

Like they're dynamic makes sooooo much sense when you look at it as romantic. (tbh, brandon is way better at writing romances when he's trying to write friendships than he is when he's trying to write actual romances imo.)

Now, they've both done a whole lot to hurt eachother and I think it's entirely possible that there's too much between them for them to ever have any kind of healthy relationship in the future even if moash does get a redemption arc (which he better), but in my heart of hearts i just want them to kiss and make up. Thank you for coming to my ted talk.

(And remember, it's pride month so you're legally not allowed to disagree with me about this, i don't make the rules)

1 hour ago, Stormtide_Leviathan said:

Speak for yourself, this is my dream.

Like there is absolutely no way you can convince me that there's never been anything romantic between them, at least just feelings for eachother. I mean have you seen the way the talk about eachother???

"Mostly unchained" yeah okay gayboy. I mean seriously, "someone's mind controlled but there feelings for their love interest are strong enough to break through" is a trope about as old as mind-control tropes themselves. (And yes what moash has going on isn't "technically" mind control but it's close enough for these purposes).And then there's lines like "Kaladin had opened his heart to this man" and a distinct separation drawn between his relationship with Moash and his relationship with the rest of bridge four. And then of course there's teft's "storm you moash at least kaladin loves me".

Like they're dynamic makes sooooo much sense when you look at it as romantic. (tbh, brandon is way better at writing romances when he's trying to write friendships than he is when he's trying to write actual romances imo.)

Now, they've both done a whole lot to hurt eachother and I think it's entirely possible that there's too much between them for them to ever have any kind of healthy relationship in the future even if moash does get a redemption arc (which he better), but in my heart of hearts i just want them to kiss and make up. Thank you for coming to my ted talk.

(And remember, it's pride month so you're legally not allowed to disagree with me about this, i don't make the rules)

One moash might be gay.

Where as you haven’t proved that kaladin is. Sure kaladin was always sad but I think it’s a compound of his depression and the fact that moash was not saved, is still alive, fighting for the enemy, AND is constantly reappearing reminding kaladin of his failure. Now that kaladin is better, not healed, he should be able to focus on the ones he can save and not on the ones he can’t save 

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood 
also your wrong kaladin is more traditional I think Brandon has said. Even bridge 4 thought he was being too stern with the bridge 4 member that is gay(is it drehy?)

Edited by Rg2045
Forgot something

5 minutes ago, Rg2045 said:

One moash might be gay.

Where as you haven’t proved that kaladin is. Sure kaladin was always sad but I think it’s a compound of his depression and the fact that moash was not saved, is still alive, fighting for the enemy, AND is constantly reappearing reminding kaladin of his failure. Now that kaladin is better, not healed, he should be able to focus on the ones he can save and not on the ones he can’t save 

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood 
also your wrong kaladin is more traditional I think Brandon has said. Even bridge 4 thought he was being too stern with the bridge 4 member that is gay(is it drehy?)

yeah, I get it. yeah im pretty sure it was drehy.

39 minutes ago, Rg2045 said:

Kaladin is gay because I want him to be and because of the gay things he does. Hope this helps <3

(More seriously, several of the things I pointed out about Kaladin and Moash were said by Kaladin. How he talks about how he "opened his heart to this man", how he talks about his relationship with moash being different than his relationship with the rest of bridge four, just the vibe as a whole. Not to mention other vibes not directly related to moash, like some of his past romances. I have seen a lot of gay and/or ace people relate to the way he talks about women to their own experiences when they used to think they were straight. And sure, some or all of it could be chalked up to his depression, but it it also doesn't need to be. Gay people can be depressed after all.)

(And the other thing is, I don't need to prove that Kaladin is gay. If that's how I read him, I'm free to do that. I don't care what brandon might think, the author doesn't get to control how people interpret their book, they can only control what they put in there. The author isn't inherently right, cause art is subjective. If he didn't want me to think Kaladin was queer, he shouldn't have written him so queer, whether he intended to or not.)

1 hour ago, Stormtide_Leviathan said:

Kaladin is gay because I want him to be and because of the gay things he does. Hope this helps <3

(More seriously, several of the things I pointed out about Kaladin and Moash were said by Kaladin. How he talks about how he "opened his heart to this man", how he talks about his relationship with moash being different than his relationship with the rest of bridge four, just the vibe as a whole. Not to mention other vibes not directly related to moash, like some of his past romances. I have seen a lot of gay and/or ace people relate to the way he talks about women to their own experiences when they used to think they were straight. And sure, some or all of it could be chalked up to his depression, but it it also doesn't need to be. Gay people can be depressed after all.)

(And the other thing is, I don't need to prove that Kaladin is gay. If that's how I read him, I'm free to do that. I don't care what brandon might think, the author doesn't get to control how people interpret their book, they can only control what they put in there. The author isn't inherently right, cause art is subjective. If he didn't want me to think Kaladin was queer, he shouldn't have written him so queer, whether he intended to or not.)

If art’s subjective and a picture is a thousand words that means words are subjective. So I can  interpret your words as I wish as long as I don’t go beyond them. 
so from your words you hate Brandon and fancy kaladin and kaladin has no choice in the matter because you said he’s gay. (In all honesty I think I’m gaining joy from annoying/twisting peoples words.

9 hours ago, Stormtide_Leviathan said:

How he talks about how he "opened his heart to this man",

That is one of the most common ways to shorthand the fact that someone is willing to talk about their feelings, reguardless of the context. You could easily use it to describe Vin and Kelsier without it feeling out of place.

how he talks about his relationship with moash being different than his relationship with the rest of bridge four,

You mean where he says that Moash has less respect for him than the others? How the rest of Brisge Four sees him as an immortal and to Moash he's just some dude?

The only person who's opinion about the cosmere matters is Brandon.

Brandon did not write Moash as homosexual and Moash does not really have a sexuality right now since he doesn't feel anything:

Questioner

Is Moash intended to read as being interested in men?

Beyond some of the things he says, I relate a lot to his feeling of alienation even within his marginalized group, as a queer poc.

Brandon Sanderson

I wasn't intentionally coding Moash as queer - but that doesn't mean I didn't do it on accident. I see him as straight, personally, but having gone so far down a dark path he basically feels nothing anymore.

General Reddit 2021 (Jan. 26, 2021)

So no.

/thread