Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

On 12/10/2022 at 7:31 PM, InfiniteInsanity said:

Forest of Tal'rin

Insa thinks for a second. "Emma's teaching us stuff. You should join us." She gestures to the trees, " We're in a newly grown forest on the edge of a village that is now.... " She looks down. "Well the important thing is we're in a magic forest."

On 12/10/2022 at 7:36 PM, Ookla the Myopic said:

Forest of Tal'rin

"My name is Emma, and you appear to have fallen into the forest of Tal'rin. And yes it is a magic forest I suppose, but mostly it keeps boys out. And those that know what they are doing. I've been teaching Insa and Stormy over here about their magic and how to fight."

A double edged black sword falls into Emma's hands.

"After all a girl has got to have a way to defend herself. If you join us I was just going to teach Insa and Stormy here sword forms."

@Ookla the Ta'veren @Ookla the Pencil Taxi @InfiniteInsanity

Forest of Tal'rin?
“Oh, thank you! Yes, I’m happy to join you! Swords are cool!”

40 minutes ago, Ookla the Ta'veren said:

Forest of Tal'rin?
“Oh, thank you! Yes, I’m happy to join you! Swords are cool!”

Forest of Tal'rin

Emma grins. "I'm glad you decided to join us."

Turning to the larger group as a whole. Emma instructs, "hold out your hand and focus on the image of a sword. One will appear in your hand from my storage that is tailored to you."

Well not actually, but it's the easiest way to trick them to form a sword with their power. Let's see how it goes.

@Ookla the Ta'veren @Ookla the Pencil Taxi @InfiniteInsanity

On 12/10/2022 at 10:26 PM, PyroPhile said:

Insanity Clinic: Library

”I know some math,” Pyro said. “I could definitely help with the calculations.”

Pyro steps over and begins analyzing the numbers.

@Ookla the Perpetual

On 12/11/2022 at 3:29 AM, Ookla the Shadowed said:

Matra glanced at Pyro’s hands and couldn’t help noticing that they were covered by thick hide gloves. Strange fashion choice. But it wasn’t important right now.

“Ooh, chalkboards! Fun!” She turned to Pyro. “Do you have any magic? I love finding people with interesting powers!”

21 hours ago, Ookla the Crow said:

The Clinic: Library

Calano nodded, snapping his fingers. A transparent warping in the air, in the silhouette of a person, hovered over to him, and made a low humming sound, in an interrogative tone.

"Could you find an interdimensional atlas?" He asked, "Perhaps detailing multiversal worlds and their known locations? We should have a couple different versions, just bring whatever you find."

The warped silhouette hummed again, then hovered away. It soon returned with three rather large tomes.

The Multiverse: Known Boundaries, Worlds, and LandmarksUnderstanding Your Place: A Detailed Account Of Worlds Beyond Worlds and The Multiversal Dictionary: Coordinates and Locations Issue.

Calano nodded to the silhouette, which hummed once more before floating away. "One of our Librarians. These should help," He said, proffering them to Bookwyrm.

@Ookla the Perpetual @PyroPhile @Ookla the Shadowed

Bookwyrm took the books and put them on a table next to one of the Chalkboards. He opened the third one and began flipping through it. He paused on a page, then wrote some numbers down on one of the chalkboards.

"Hey, Pyro," Bookwyrm said as he continued to write, "Can you plug these numbers into the equation I'm writing right now? Let me know what you find."

He turned to Calano. "I don't know if you have something else you need to do, but your help would be appreciated in figuring out what this all means."

Then he walked over and studied the rune on the Puzzle Stone.

Hm....The rune appears to be a cross between separate runes. The first one means six, for the Sixth Archive, I presume...But the other one... Bookwyrm drew a simpler rune on the chalkboard next to the copy of the one on the Stone.

"Matra," he finally said, pointing to the rune. "This means storm or tempest, right? I think I recognize it from a world I visited a long time ago."

Forest of Tal'rin

Insa focuses on her sparks. Emma said that one would come from her personal storage but Insa wanted to have her own. He sparks twisted together to form a sword that solidified into a cream sword with electric blue designs swirling up it. Insa smiles and then sits down for a little bit. "Oh. I like this."

@Ookla the Myopic

Calano nodded, then muttered to himself, "Known, Puzzle, and Location... We have the Puzzle, we're figuring out Location... Ok."

Calano turned back to Bookwyrm. "I'm going to go copy the runes from the Known rune circle in the cellar, then bring them back and work on translating them."

He turned on the spot and warped to the Cellar in Tal'rin. He took a notebook with him, and copied down the runes into it, having a circle of the same with him to take back. He turned on the spot again and appeared back in the Library.

He took another Chalkboard and began writing the runes there, in a line.

He asked another Librarian to fetch him a book on Knowledge Runes, and Basic Runes. The Librarian brought back several tomes, and Calano opened the second tome and began flipping through, scribbling letters and words on the Chalkboard as he translated.

@Ookla the Shadowed @Ookla the Perpetual @PyroPhile

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Ta'veren said:

Forest of Tal'rin

I try it curiously. A slender black blade appears, slightly curved. It glows vaguely purple. “Did I do it?”

@Ookla the Myopic

Internally Emma freezes, but relaxes after she realizes the difference. 

There's no way she could wield Kaos, it doesn't have the darkness about it. The hunger to absorb reality and remake it randomly.

1 minute ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Forest of Tal'rin

Insa focuses on her sparks. Emma said that one would come from her personal storage but Insa wanted to have her own. He sparks twisted together to form a sword that solidified into a cream sword with electric blue designs swirling up it. Insa smiles and then sits down for a little bit. "Oh. I like this."

@Ookla the Myopic

"Good, both of you have done very well!"

Turning to Stormy Emma offers encouragement.

"You can do it, focus!"

Emma's own blade begins to warp the air around it and she sighs. Dismissing her blade she forms a new one. Reaching through the light instead of Kaos and a blade of brilliant white light coalesces in her hands.

Well that's a development. I guess I really do have to thank Wizard later.

@Ookla the Pencil Taxi

Telrao can here Emma's thoughts since they are bonded and Emma can here her's, so feel free to comment in on them at any time. It's good to have some sass. :P

@Ookla the Floofy

35 minutes ago, Ookla the Perpetual said:

"Hey, Pyro," Bookwyrm said as he continued to write, "Can you plug these numbers into the equation I'm writing right now? Let me know what you find."

“Certainly.” Pyro looks over the equation. “Looks like I’ll need to use an integral right here. Do you want the result to be more accurate, or do you want it faster?” Pyro asks.

@Ookla the Crow @Ookla the Perpetual

22 minutes ago, Ookla the Myopic said:

Internally Emma freezes, but relaxes after she realizes the difference. 

There's no way she could wield Kaos, it doesn't have the darkness about it. The hunger to absorb reality and remake it randomly

"Good, both of you have done very well!"

Turning to Stormy Emma offers encouragement.

"You can do it, focus!"

Emma's own blade begins to warp the air around it and she sighs. Dismissing her blade she forms a new one. Reaching through the light instead of Kaos and a blade of brilliant white light coalesces in her hand.

Stormy closed her eyes, concentrating in herself. She found a source of energy and channeled it out. It formed an orangey-yellow swordy thing.

25 minutes ago, PyroPhile said:

“Certainly.” Pyro looks over the equation. “Looks like I’ll need to use an integral right here. Do you want the result to be more accurate, or do you want it faster?” Pyro asks.

@Ookla the Crow @Ookla the Perpetual

"Accuracy would be prefered. I'm having you calculate the dimensional structure of this part of the multiverse; we have time, and it's not like the Archive is going anywhere. I don't want to teleport us into a wall, or the center of a star, or something. Once you have those numbers, I'll plug them into the dimensional parameters given by the runes, then the specific coordinate numbers. That will give us the Location part." Bookwyrm walked over to another chalkboard and began writing down the parameters and the coordinates, leaving blank spaces for the numbers that would be provided by Pyro once he was finished.

Bookwyrm stepped back when he was finished, thinking. Then turned to Calano.

"At least some of the Puzzle part is in the Puzzle Stone, and that's going to affect how we get there. Even if we know the precise coordinates, I'm assuming some force is going to block us from actually teleporting to the Location unless we have some kind of Key. And I think I have an idea of who might be able to provide that key, but that's irrelevant right now.

"Regardless, I think we have the Puzzle and Location part down, unless there's more to the Puzzle that I'm missing. But what I'm still completely confused on is this 'Known' section. I know you're working on it...but can you explain it to me?"

@Ookla the Crow

"So you know that Puzzle Keys have the three rings, Puzzle, Location, and Known," Calano said, looking up from his work, "The Puzzle and Location are self explanatory, but the Known is a bit more complicated. Basically, it's a short sentence or phrase which can give a preview of what you'll find once you make it to the destination assigned to the Puzzle Key. In this case, the Known for the Sixth Archive would be whatever the most common form of knowledge contained inside is. What I have so far is a couple words, letters, and phrases. The letters K, S, and D, the words PowerGrowth, and Prison, and the phrase Words to hope. There's still a bit more to uncover though. Does that make sense?"

@Ookla the Perpetual

Just now, Ookla the Crow said:

"So you know that Puzzle Keys have the three rings, Puzzle, Location, and Known," Calano said, looking up from his work, "The Puzzle and Location are self explanatory, but the Known is a bit more complicated. Basically, it's a short sentence or phrase which can give a preview of what you'll find once you make it to the destination assigned to the Puzzle Key. In this case, the Known for the Sixth Archive would be whatever the most common form of knowledge contained inside is. What I have so far is a couple words, letters, and phrases. The letters K, S, and D, the words PowerGrowth, and Prison, and the phrase Words to hope. There's still a bit more to uncover though. Does that make sense?"

@Ookla the Perpetual

"Yeah. Though..." he thought for a moment. "It sounds like it's talking about Kaos, and the Prison. Which, luckily, is why we're searching for the Archives in the first place."

"Yes," Calano said, pointing to the letters, "The letters could mean Kaos, with the K and the S, and the mention of Power, Growth, and Prison could be about his growing power and how he could break out of prison. The one phrase I have could also mean there's information on how to defeat him in the Archive. So, we're making good headway."

@Ookla the Perpetual

16 minutes ago, Ookla the Perpetual said:

Accuracy would be prefered. I'm having you calculate the dimensional structure of this part of the multiverse; we have time, and it's not like the Archive is going anywhere. I don't want to teleport us into a wall, or the center of a star, or something.

”Okay, I’ll try to make it as accurate as I can.” Pyro starts working out the problem, then realizes that he needs to write down some things. “Could I have a piece of chalk?” he asks.

@Ookla the Perpetual

7 minutes ago, PyroPhile said:

”Okay, I’ll try to make it as accurate as I can.” Pyro starts working out the problem, then realizes that he needs to write down some things. “Could I have a piece of chalk?” he asks.

@Ookla the Perpetual

Bookwyrm tossed him a piece of chalk.

Clinic: Library

2 hours ago, Ookla the Perpetual said:

Bookwyrm took the books and put them on a table next to one of the Chalkboards. He opened the third one and began flipping through it. He paused on a page, then wrote some numbers down on one of the chalkboards.

He turned to Calano. "I don't know if you have something else you need to do, but your help would be appreciated in figuring out what this all means."

Then he walked over and studied the rune on the Puzzle Stone.

Hm....The rune appears to be a cross between separate runes. The first one means six, for the Sixth Archive, I presume...But the other one... Bookwyrm drew a simpler rune on the chalkboard next to the copy of the one on the Stone.

"Matra," he finally said, pointing to the rune. "This means storm or tempest, right? I think I recognize it from a world I visited a long time ago."

“Yeah… they’re very ancient runes. I’m impressed you know of them. My abilities tell me they’re a part of a mostly dead language originating from Ilyat’en, a world mostly inhabited by Worldseers. Huh.” Matra trailed off in thought.

”The Archives are tied to the Worldseers, right? So Ilyat’en might not be a bad place to start our search, if everyone is willing to pause their parts of the plan…”

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Shadowed said:

Clinic: Library

“Yeah… they’re very ancient runes. I’m impressed you know of them. My abilities tell me they’re a part of a mostly dead language originating from Ilyat’en, a world mostly inhabited by Worldseers. Huh.” Matra trailed off in thought.

”The Archives are tied to the Worldseers, right? So Ilyat’en might not be a bad place to start our search, if everyone is willing to pause their parts of the plan…”

"Wait."

Bookwyrm's eyes widened.

"I've never heard of Ilyat'en. And I'm a member of the Worldseers."

Bookwyrm spun and ran into the depths of the library. He came back a minute later holding a very old book written in a mix of Ilyat'en runes and original Worldseer runes.

He placed it on a desk and ran a hand through his hair. "This confirms a suspicion that I've had for a while...but I wasn't sure until now." He skimmed a page, waiting until he found a specific line.

"There was...an offshoot. A separate organization. A group of Worldseers began exploring these universes, but then were for some reason separated from the main body. I'm a member of that main body." 

Some would say I'm the leader of that main body... he thought, but kept that thought to himself.

"This is why I hadn't heard of the Archives until now. And why it seemed like I was blazing a trail at the same time there was evidence of other Worldseers. It makes sense now..."

I know I'm kind of branching off of what you wrote, but I'm trying to fit what you added to what I had in my mind.

"The only question that I still have is this: where are these separate Worldseers? We've seen their runes and their Archives, but...we haven't met any of them. The only other Worldseers I know in these universes came with me from places that I know. All of the offshoot Worldseers are gone...perhaps they're headquartered at Ilyat'en?"

Bookwyrm sighed. "This changes a lot. But...it's not relevant right now. Let's just focus on deciphering this. I'm fairly certain it will lead us to the Sixth Archive. Wherever that is.

"As for the storm rune...I think we might need Insa."

1 hour ago, Ookla the Pencil Taxi said:

Stormy closed her eyes, concentrating in herself. She found a source of energy and channeled it out. It formed an orangey-yellow swordy thing.

17 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Forest of Tal'rin

"Okay Emma what now?"

@Ookla the Myopic

I was taking a chemistry lab test and only now can I respond.

Forest of Tal'rin

"Now make certain you have a good chunk of space to yourself-

Emma waves the white sword above her head, the handle begining to stain a milky grey.

"Rue move away from Stormy, you're getting too close! Now hold your sword in your dominant hand."

Emma's right hand curls into a ball and a piece of wood in the shape of a person appears infront of her.

"Now overhand!" Her sword flicks downward in her hand spliting the wood in half, as the chunk begins to fall another wood dummy appears behind her. Slashing horizontally she cuts it in half. Diagonally cutting upwards she cleaves the new one infront of her and slams the sword diagonaly downwards on the dummy right next to it. Her hands fly behind her and her sword blocks a strike from the dummy that just appeared. Bending in half, keeping the sword covering her back, her sword impales the dummy behind her. Two more spring up infront and each of them falls to a single blow. Suddenly a ring of dummies appears around her and Emma only grins. Becoming a blur her sword fells three with one stroke. Her sword seems to move on it's own, blocking every strike just at the right time, a deadly extension of her own body. Spinning in a semicircle the rest of the dummies fold upon her sword.

"That is what you are going to do. Run the dummy gauntlet until you get struck!"

@InfiniteInsanity @Ookla the Pencil Taxi @Ookla the Ta'veren

Forest of Tal'rin

Rue eyes the dummies. She probably won't let us get hurt too bad, right? She shrugs and heads towards them. But when she slashes a dummy, it doesn't get cut in two. It vaporizes. "I think my sword's broken!" She shouts as it continues to vaporize the dummies. 

@Ookla the Myopic

Edited by Ookla the Ta'veren

Forest of Tal'rin

"Stormy and Insa you two run the gauntlet while I help Rue."

Walking over to Rue a couple of possible reasons dash through her head. Holding out her hand Emma asks, "can I see your blade?"

@Ookla the Ta'veren

Also, you all are going to get your butts kicked by this training as it scales very fast and no matter even if you can vaporize them. You'll still get clubbed pretty fast. :P

2 hours ago, Ookla the Ta'veren said:

Yeah I figured, hence the dramatic irony of the "she wouldn't let us get hurt", and the forestalling of the inevitable thrashing.

Bruising in Emma's opinion isn't getting hurt. Getting hurt is losing a arm that can't be regrown. It's pain that doesn't have an end. So they you have a little bit of insight into Emma's psych.

Forest of Tal'rin

"Sure feel free to run through until you can't run or move anymore!"

@InfiniteInsanity

Emma takes the blade from Rue and attempts to slash it over her own hand. 

Seeing no mark Emma comments, "well at least it rules out that possibility. Not a Kaos blade of any sort. Could be balefire, hmmm. Do you know if you can channel Rue?"

@Ookla the Ta'veren

You can respond to it in parts. Like to Emma slashing her own hand first and then the comment. It's good to learn how to take what the other person does and scale it back to your own character's personal time. Plus it seems a whole lot more realistic when you scale the time. Does that make sense?

Edited by Ookla the Myopic