Nazh in WoR?

Daughter of Tanavast

Currently rereading WoR and noticed something I hadn't seen before on pages 363-364. Kaladin notices Rock shooing away a man with a sketchbook, a man that Rock says is an ardent who kept loitering around the bridgemen asking to draw them. Kaladin notes that those are strange actions for an ardent, but dismisses it. Do we have any WoB about the man? Could he be Nazh?

Yup! This

Questioner

So, I don't know which one it's in, but when Nazh was analyzing Bridge Four--

Brandon Sanderson

Nazh was analyzing Bridge Four, yes.

Questioner

Why?

Brandon Sanderson

Why was Nazh analyzing Bridge Four? Well, you will find clues to that in the pieces of art in The Stormlight Archive, that he was trying to obtain...they are very interested...certain elements of the Cosmere are very interested in the progress of the Nahel bond as the Knights Radiant are making them.

FanX 2018 (Sept. 8, 2018)

plus the art pieces in the book, as mentioned by Brandon within the WoB above, seem to confirm that this was Nazh

2 hours ago, Honorless said:

Yup! This

plus the art pieces in the book, as mentioned by Brandon within the WoB above, seem to confirm that this was Nazh

Man, I've gotta reread SA. On first read you can miss all these things, then on reread, Roshar is positively teeming with worldhoppers. Is there anyone confirmed to be from Sel on Roshar? Obviously the massive time gap between Elantris and Stormlight would complicate that I imagine 

3 hours ago, Sp00ks said:

Man, I've gotta reread SA. On first read you can miss all these things, then on reread, Roshar is positively teeming with worldhoppers. Is there anyone confirmed to be from Sel on Roshar? Obviously the massive time gap between Elantris and Stormlight would complicate that I imagine 

Hmmm.... kinda? We do have confirmation that the Shadesmar lighthouse keeper in OB was an Elantrian-- actually, he's the same Elantrian that Raoden sent through the pool. https://wob.coppermind.net/events/370/#e11822

Sorry, I'm not sure how to paste it with the text haha. But anyway, yes, there is at least one person from Sel on Roshar, albeit in the Cognitive Realm. 

3 hours ago, Sp00ks said:

There is this guy:

https://coppermind.net/wiki/Riino

And of course the Ire:

https://coppermind.net/wiki/Ire

4 hours ago, Sp00ks said:

Galladon from Elantris was on-screen in one of the Interludes, alongside a character from White Sand and another from Era 1 Mistborn.

Roshar is absolutely full of worldhoppers. There's one in Dalinar's inner circle of advisors, even. It's pretty insane.

10 hours ago, Invocation said:

Galladon from Elantris was on-screen in one of the Interludes, alongside a character from White Sand and another from Era 1 Mistborn.

Roshar is absolutely full of worldhoppers. There's one in Dalinar's inner circle of advisors, even. It's pretty insane.

Yup, Felt. 

There is also Vivenna (Azure), Vasher (Zahel), Hoid (Wit), Riino (Riino), Nightblood (if you even consider them as such), Nazh, The Heralds, Galladon, Demoux, and Baon. Kaladin is sort of a Worldhopper, as he had his consciousness taken to Braize briefly, although it is very debatable if that counts as Worldhopping for a variety of reasons. 

Sixteen is also a Worldhopper. Although he is a side character only briefly mentioned. 

50 minutes ago, Daughter of Tanavast said:

Oh shoot, I didn't catch onto this somehow-- where is Felt from?

He's from Scadrial. Worked for House Venture, Elend addressed him by name at one point.

1 hour ago, Zoey said:

There is also Vivenna (Azure), Vasher (Zahel), Hoid (Wit), Riino (Riino), Nightblood (if you even consider them as such), Nazh, The Heralds, Galladon, Demoux, and Baon. Kaladin is sort of a Worldhopper, as he had his consciousness taken to Braize briefly, although it is very debatable if that counts as Worldhopping for a variety of reasons. 

I was trying not to list them all to help contribute to the journey of discovery, but now I'm blameless woo!

Edited by Invocation

12 hours ago, Daughter of Tanavast said:

Oh shoot, I didn't catch onto this somehow-- where is Felt from?

11 hours ago, Invocation said:

He's from Scadrial. Worked for House Venture, Elend addressed him by name at one point.

Yup, he's the spymaster who scouts out Club's shop and reports back to Elend that it is actually a thieving crew base. For Dalinar he is most prominent in the flashback in Oathbringer when they discuss the Nightwatcher and how she doesn't like "foreigners" and that he's a little more foreign than Dalinar

Edited by StanLemon

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/12/2021 at 1:10 AM, Zoey said:

Yup, Felt. 

Sixteen is also a Worldhopper. Although he is a side character only briefly mentioned. 

Also Mraize, Iyatil, Gereh, Axindweth, Khriss... and we know that in the past Shashara and Denth were also in Roshar, probably with Vasher.

Edit: Edit: There is also a WoB where it is hinted that Shai is in Roshar, but that we have not seen her on screen.

Edited by Rashekin

8 hours ago, Rashekin said:

Also Mraize, Iyatil, Gereh, Axindweth, Khriss... and we know that in the past Shashara and Denth were also in Roshar, probably with Vasher.

Edit: Edit: There is also a WoB where it is hinted that Shai is in Roshar, but that we have not seen her on screen.

Don't recall Khriss showing up directly. Shashara, and Denth we know didn't appear on screen. I don't recall Khriss showing up, just being mentioned in images, and also in Ars Archanum, but I don't count that. But yeah, I forgot about Mraize, Iyatil, Gereh, and Axindweth; not sure how I forgot about them. 

Also can you show the Shai WoB? I read WoBs all the time, but don't recall that. 

13 minutes ago, Zoey said:

Also can you show the Shai WoB? I read WoBs all the time, but don't recall that. 

It's probably this one:

Questioner

Is Shai on Roshar?

Brandon Sanderson

Good question!

Questioner

Has she already popped up?

Brandon Sanderson

She has not already popped up.

Questioner

So she's not a Radiant. Or is she?

Brandon Sanderson

You have not seen her on screen yet, other than in her story.

Words of Radiance Philadelphia signing (March 21, 2014)