Let's go find a dragon

Tesh

Looking on with an aura of wonder at the magical diagram that was spread across the library floor, Ni timidly stepped forward as he reached his arm outward toward where the first adventurer had walked into the portal. As his fingers brushed against the light radiating from the glyph, they slowly became transparent and faded. At the startling sight, Ni quickly retracted his hand away from the diagram’s glow, but watched in awe as his fingers solidified once more. He snapped his fingers a few times to test, and sure enough: they were completely solid again.

Glancing up at the portal once more, the young boy eagerly stepped forward as he slowly extended his arm out once more. He stretched himself further this time, watching as first his fingers, then his whole hand and part of his arm began to disappear from reality. With mixed feelings of both excitement and courage, Ni shuffled his foot forward as he took one step inside the diagram. A muffled noise of glee almost escaped the hood over his face as he watched his whole arm and half his body vanish before his eyes. Taking one last step into the magic portal, Ni turned to look back at Cara, Val, and the other adventurers before completely disappearing into the diagram.

Then Ni’s vision went black.

Spoiler

Ni does not appear on the other side of the portal in the Ideal Realm.

1 hour ago, S4S said:

Looking on with an aura of wonder at the magical diagram that was spread across the library floor, Ni timidly stepped forward as he reached his arm outward toward where the first adventurer had walked into the portal. As his fingers brushed against the light radiating from the glyph, they slowly became transparent and faded. At the startling sight, Ni quickly retracted his hand away from the diagram’s glow, but watched in awe as his fingers solidified once more. He snapped his fingers a few times to test, and sure enough: they were completely solid again.

Glancing up at the portal once more, the young boy eagerly stepped forward as he slowly extended his arm out once more. He stretched himself further this time, watching as first his fingers, then his whole hand and part of his arm began to disappear from reality. With mixed feelings of both excitement and courage, Ni shuffled his foot forward as he took one step inside the diagram. A muffled noise of glee almost escaped the hood over his face as he watched his whole arm and half his body vanish before his eyes. Taking one last step into the magic portal, Ni turned to look back at Cara, Val, and the other adventurers before completely disappearing into the diagram.

Then Ni’s vision went black.

Reveal hidden contents

Ni does not appear on the other side of the portal in the Ideal Realm.

Argh! It’s like reading a book for the first time with all of the cliffhangers and stuff, so much mystery…(great job S4S. You have me hooked. Ni deserves so much more than just an RP. He deserves a book)

On 12/7/2021 at 9:28 PM, Ookla the Bunny said:

Argh! It’s like reading a book for the first time with all of the cliffhangers and stuff, so much mystery…(great job S4S. You have me hooked. Ni deserves so much more than just an RP. He deserves a book)

Thanks Isabelle, I appreciate that! I'm glad Ni is slowly building into the character I was hoping he could possibly be, and it's fun watching him grow in this story with everyone else's combined writing talents and skills.

I am worried that I'm starting to be too cryptic with Ni, but unfortunately because of how I created him, Ni just can't enter the portal like everyone else. I don't want that to be a hinderance though to the overall story- feel free to proceed forward with the plot. Ni will just see everyone on the other side *of the portal.

Edited by S4S

7 hours ago, S4S said:

Ni will just see everyone on the other side.

This... Is going to be tricky. You see, the way the passage works, they're going to contact another Owlson and pass through there, and it's not the only option. Ni might just die again, but now without a body to come back to. I have no idea how this is going to work.

• 4 months later...

Kschhhh...

Hello. This is your SPUCE speaking. We appear to have reached to a standstill for about four and a half months. So far as I can see, there's no chance of the RP reviving. The only reason I have for posting that is because I still want to hope.

Why? Well, the best explanation would be that this RP changed my life in the forum. (I prefer being reserved in such things, so I won't say "changed my life, period.) I was somewhat active in the forum before, mostly in TPBM and randomly in theorizing threads, but I believe that joining this RP actually gave me something fun to look forward to while browsing. It gave me something I usually feel I need in big places - a small group of friends (my definition is usually much narrower, but I'll let it pass) to "hang out" with (as much as conversation in the internet can be seen as hanging out). I enjoyed RPing with you, workdbuilding with you, and generally interacting with you, and though I still interact with some of you, it's not as regularly. I'm going to miss this RP.

And here I'm getting emotional. I'm supposed to be this sensible, rational emotionless person! Or, that's an image I have for myself. Pretty stupid.

Thank you for reading, this was your final SPUCE update. I am SPUCE... no more.

Sorry for the double post, and the thread necromancy.

Kschhhh...

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, NerdyAarakocra said:

I would be happy to join a second gen RP. Could someone please give me an update of the story so far and/or any tips for making a character?

Well, there actually is one already! It's not very similar to the original RP, and it happens in a far possible future which isn't necessarily canon for the original RP, but it exists. If you want to check it out (and maybe join), it's the Greatowl University RP, by @Knight of Iron. You can easily find it, in the list of RP threads - it has started not long ago and us somewhat active, so it's relatively close to the top.