Let's go find a dragon

Tesh

On 10/2/2021 at 0:42 PM, Isabelle6060 said:

Cara paused. “Are you alright?”

Looking up suddenly as though stirred from a deep slumber of thoughts, Ni glanced over at Cara and nodded a few times. Carefully sliding along the edge of the wall, the hooded boy moved to let Cara and Felicity continue up the stairway; he would follow slowly behind as he still didn't feel very well.

2 hours ago, S4S said:

Looking up suddenly as though stirred from a deep slumber of thoughts, Ni glanced over at Cara and nodded a few times. Carefully sliding along the edge of the wall, the hooded boy moved to let Cara and Felicity continue up the stairway; he would follow slowly behind as he still didn't feel very well.

Gal looked around. It seemed everyone was following, including Cara, who pulled her horse behind her, and even Ni, who recently died. Except...

He came back to the kitchen to find the Shadow - Talnic - still standing there, petrified. "So, are you coming?" He asked. "As I said, we don't have much time."

@Tesh

Now, it's probably equally relevant to all of Talnic's group: Orpheus, Ni, Cara, Valzwyn and the people who disappeared, though I probably shouldn't count the last ones. I can't tag everyone, though, since I'm on my phone, so...

@Channelknight Fadran

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Are you saying that the tagging is my duty?

No. Maybe I should've explained. Isabelle was tagged and still didn't reply, I already tagged Tesh and quoted S4S, and I trusted Knight to come by. Besides, I can tag exactly two people without editing.

And no offence meant, but you usually seem to have a hard time following this RP, probably since you're busy with multiple others.

But, if you wish to take tagging as your duty it'll be great! This way, my work as SPUCE will be far easier.

And maybe I shouldn't have tagged you, since it does seem you have nothing to reply to yet, so I apologize for that.

21 hours ago, S4S said:

“Are you sure? Do you need to rest for a bit? Do you have a fever?” Cara moved to check his temperature. 

Ni is not going to die again on my watch. Cara thought.

Edited by Isabelle6060

47 minutes ago, Isabelle6060 said:

“Are you sure? Do you need to rest for a bit? Do you have a fever?” Cara moved to check his temperature. 

Ni paused for a moment; that was a lot of questions with varying answers. So while it may not have answered all of those questions, Ni simply gave a slow thumbs-up before gesturing up the stairs towards where the others might still be waiting.

He was just about to drop his arm back down to his side though when Ni noticed Cara moving towards him. He didn't feel any danger or a need to evade Cara's approach, but judging by the last question she had asked and the motions she was making, Ni cautiously grabbed the end of the bag that covered his head to prevent it being taken off as he silently watched Cara's hand.

On 10/26/2021 at 11:11 PM, Trutharchivist said:

Gal looked around. It seemed everyone was following, including Cara, who pulled her horse behind her, and even Ni, who recently died. Except...

He came back to the kitchen to find the Shadow - Talnic - still standing there, petrified. "So, are you coming?" He asked. "As I said, we don't have much time."

Talnic shook his head, then turned to Gal. "I'm ready."

9 hours ago, Tesh said:

Talnic shook his head, then turned to Gal. "I'm ready."

"Good. Then let's go."

Gal turned back around and walked to the library.

Meanwhile, those who arrived at the library saw Sef sitting on a chair there, with a weird, elaborate diagram on the floor around him. His eyes had a yellowish glow to them, and the face of an owl seemed to be overlapping his, half transparent. 

"You may step into the diagram." He said. "My young cousin and I will help you pass through the portal soon.

All right. Now it's time to tag everyone! To make it easier, I'll quote everyone relevant that replied on this page, then tag all the others. Thankfully, that leaves only Knight. I'll abandon Rylan and Veilya(?) for now.

On 28.10.2021 at 4:09 AM, Isabelle6060 said:

Ni is not going to die again on my watch. Cara thought.

On 28.10.2021 at 5:30 AM, S4S said:

Ni paused for a moment; that was a lot of questions with varying answers. So while it may not have answered all of those questions, Ni simply gave a slow thumbs-up before gesturing up the stairs towards where the others might still be waiting.

He was just about to drop his arm back down to his side though when Ni noticed Cara moving towards him. He didn't feel any danger or a need to evade Cara's approach, but judging by the last question she had asked and the motions she was making, Ni cautiously grabbed the end of the bag that covered his head to prevent it being taken off as he silently watched Cara's hand.

On 27.10.2021 at 5:25 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

@Knight of Iron

On 10/27/2021 at 9:30 PM, S4S said:

Cara pulled her hand back. “Right okay…if you’re sure you’re fine then. Lets go. The others are probably waiting.” 

Cara led Felicity into the library. 

6 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

"Good. Then let's go."

Gal turned back around and walked to the library.

Meanwhile, those who arrived at the library saw Sef sitting on a chair there, with a weird, elaborate diagram on the floor around him. His eyes had a yellowish glow to them, and the face of an owl seemed to be overlapping his, half transparent. 

"You may step into the diagram." He said. "My young cousin and I will help you pass through the portal soon.

@Knight of Iron

“Alrighty then.” Cara looked back at Ni. “You ready?” 

18 hours ago, Isabelle6060 said:

“Alrighty then.” Cara looked back at Ni. “You ready?”

Having followed Cara and Felicity into the library, Ni glanced at the intricate pattern spread across the floor. Continued to loosely hold the edges of the bag over his head with a nimble hand, the small boy gave a shallow nod with an air of awe and slight confusion.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2021 at 0:32 PM, S4S said:

Having followed Cara and Felicity into the library, Ni glanced at the intricate pattern spread across the floor. Continued to loosely hold the edges of the bag over his head with a nimble hand, the small boy gave a shallow nod with an air of awe and slight confusion.

Cara led Felicity onto the diagram. Felicity snorted as though saying what are we doing inside? This is weird.

”We’re just going through a magical portal okay Felicity?” Cara whispered to her horse.

Felicity blinked. 

So, I'm going to wait for a reply from Tesh, Knight and Fadran, and then our group could move. So... It's tagging time! As for Exodus' group... Well, I'll leave it to them to settle things. Arik might join you - I'll try to figure out about that.

@Tesh, @Channelknight Fadran, @Knight of Iron

Edited by Trutharchivist

10 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Valzwyn yawns. "What's going on?"

Sef turned to her. 

"We're waiting here for your leader, the Shadow, and my young cousin that travels with you. Then, mistress Valzwyn, we will transport you onward in your journey. I will take care of the tower in your absence. I'd have offered you to stay, but... You were mentioned in a prophecy, I gathered. And prophecies are not to be tampered with without consequences."

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/9/2021 at 9:27 AM, Ookla the questioning said:

Sef turned to her. 

"We're waiting here for your leader, the Shadow, and my young cousin that travels with you. Then, mistress Valzwyn, we will transport you onward in your journey. I will take care of the tower in your absence. I'd have offered you to stay, but... You were mentioned in a prophecy, I gathered. And prophecies are not to be tampered with without consequences."

Cara yawned. "We leaving yet?"

@S4S@Tesh@Ookla the Ferric

I probably missed some people, but, oh, well.

8 hours ago, Tesh said:

"Later is no better a time to leave than now."

On 3.12.2021 at 3:17 AM, Ookla the Bunny said:

Cara yawned. "We leaving yet?"

@S4S@Tesh@Ookla the Ferric

On 9.11.2021 at 6:01 PM, Ookla the Lad said:

"Fair enough." Val agreed.

And all the rest that are with us in Valzwyn's tower.

"Everyone's here?" Said Sef. "Good. Step into the diagram on the floor."

Gal breathed deeply, removed his hat and stepped into the circle first. Under it, his ears were revealed - kind of furry (though if one was looking closely it was more feathery than furry) and not very human. He closed his eyes for a moment, concentrating, and then opened them again. They had a yellow glow to them, and the head if an owl seemed to overlap his - which aligned very well with his own face. "Come on." He said.

For irrational fear of godmoding (or however you should spell it), I'm going to give a description of what happens to those who enter the circle, and wait for confirmation before continuing. Probably a bad idea - it just gets the game stuck every time.

Once they enter the circle, the library around disappears. The only things that stay are the diagram and everyone standing on it. And all around, owl-shaped people - and giant owls, as big as people - appear. Though around is a curious term in this case. Some seem to stand above or beneath the group, and some appear right outside the diagram.

Encouraging speech from one of the Great Owls comes right up, probably after a discussion about what they should know about the obelisk and stuff.

@S4S, @Ookla the Ferric

On 12/4/2021 at 10:16 AM, Ookla the questioning said:

"Everyone's here?" Said Sef. "Good. Step into the diagram on the floor."

Gal breathed deeply, removed his hat and stepped into the circle first. Under it, his ears were revealed - kind of furry (though if one was looking closely it was more feathery than furry) and not very human. He closed his eyes for a moment, concentrating, and then opened them again. They had a yellow glow to them, and the head if an owl seemed to overlap his - which aligned very well with his own face. "Come on." He said.

Once they enter the circle, the library around disappears. The only things that stay are the diagram and everyone standing on it. And all around, owl-shaped people - and giant owls, as big as people - appear. Though around is a curious term in this case. Some seem to stand above or beneath the group, and some appear right outside the diagram.

@S4S, @Ookla the Ferric

“Owlson, you’re an owl???” Orpheus asked, incredulous.

Meanwhile, I don’t remember where we were at with Exodus, but...

Exodus gestured his followers into the shed with them. It was rickety and smelled of moldy wood, but the teo canoes were alright. He lifted a canoe into his back and began to carry it down the bank towards the water.

“You two can grab the other one, we just need to get it onto the water right now.”

@Ooklagard @Ookla the Short

On 12/6/2021 at 3:10 AM, Ookla the Ferric said:

“Owlson, you’re an owl???” Orpheus asked, incredulous.

Exodus gestured his followers into the shed with them. It was rickety and smelled of moldy wood, but the teo canoes were alright. He lifted a canoe into his back and began to carry it down the bank towards the water.

“You two can grab the other one, we just need to get it onto the water right now.”

@Ooklagard @Ookla the Short

Ara moved to grab the second canoe. “We need to be on the water to transition realms?”

On 12/5/2021 at 11:10 AM, Ookla the Ferric said:

Minuet grabbed the second canoe. "I've got it, Ara, if you... I'm good."

6 hours ago, Ooklagard said:

Ara moved to grab the second canoe. “We need to be on the water to transition realms?”

3 hours ago, Ookla the Short said:

Minuet grabbed the second canoe. "I've got it, Ara, if you... I'm good."

"There's somewhere we need to get to. This... portal, if you will, is a bit touchy."

He tossed his canoe onto the water and got into it, barely moving at all down the river.