Hello Everyone!

LordAsmodean

I've heard a lot about this site as a great place for discussion about the Cosmere and figured I should make an account now that I've finished reading all of the official material.

I'm about to start my reread of Warbreaker and Stormlight in preparation for the release of Rhythm of War in November, and I'm excited to explore all of the out-of-book material out there this time through!

Man prepared again you people are just too good :P. Think I'll have to mix this one up a bit.

Glad you have heard a lot about the site (all good things I hope... uh... right?). It is a fantastic place to get your full Sanderson on. You can get your Cosmere discussion here, your-non Cosmere discussion, your general Brandon discussion, random meme discussion, news and updates, and assorted entertainment discussion. If you order more than one I'l even throw in some fries for free :D. Most definitely time to make an account! This is where the Sanderson becomes the... uh... the Sand-... yeah idk... this is where you go if you want more. Everyone here is super friendly and awesome! Do not hesitate to reach out or just jump in wherever (try to avoid random pools of acid or concrete surfaces tho, jumping into those has yielded... poor results). That reread sounds like perfect timing. If you would like to verify your identity as not an evil cosmic being set on our destruction would love to know what was the first book in the Cosmere that you read was and do you wish you had started elsewhere? As far as everything else, welcome to the Shard!

Welcome! If you’re interested, there’s a Stormlight marathon going on right now in the stormlight archive section. Though I forget where I’m the books they are. It’s scheduled to lead right up to RoW. 

Anyway, I hope you like it here! 

21 hours ago, Scout_Fox said:

Man prepared again you people are just too good :P. Think I'll have to mix this one up a bit.

Glad you have heard a lot about the site (all good things I hope... uh... right?). It is a fantastic place to get your full Sanderson on. You can get your Cosmere discussion here, your-non Cosmere discussion, your general Brandon discussion, random meme discussion, news and updates, and assorted entertainment discussion. If you order more than one I'l even throw in some fries for free :D. Most definitely time to make an account! This is where the Sanderson becomes the... uh... the Sand-... yeah idk... this is where you go if you want more. Everyone here is super friendly and awesome! Do not hesitate to reach out or just jump in wherever (try to avoid random pools of acid or concrete surfaces tho, jumping into those has yielded... poor results). That reread sounds like perfect timing. If you would like to verify your identity as not an evil cosmic being set on our destruction would love to know what was the first book in the Cosmere that you read was and do you wish you had started elsewhere? As far as everything else, welcome to the Shard!

Thanks for the welcome! The first Cosmere book I read was The Way of Kings. A friend of mine recommended it to me around the time that Words of Radiance came out but I didn't read it until right before Oathbringer's release. I read Sanderson's Reckoners series and finished the Wheel of Time without realizing they had the same author and I liked both of those, so I decided to give the 1000-page behemoth a try. I'm glad I did. I think it was a great Cosmere entry point for me, but I would have to be really sure about someone's tastes before recommending that they start there.

3 hours ago, DeathOfAsmodean said:

Thanks for the welcome! The first Cosmere book I read was The Way of Kings. A friend of mine recommended it to me around the time that Words of Radiance came out but I didn't read it until right before Oathbringer's release. I read Sanderson's Reckoners series and finished the Wheel of Time without realizing they had the same author and I liked both of those, so I decided to give the 1000-page behemoth a try. I'm glad I did. I think it was a great Cosmere entry point for me, but I would have to be really sure about someone's tastes before recommending that they start there.

Absolutely! Glad you decided to make the plunge, it is quite a massive read but highly, highly rewarding! I would definitely agree on it being a good entry point for the Cosmere although you are right, they have to be just tad committed to enjoy the recommendation :D