Howdy All

TMC29ZX

Hi Everyone,

I learned about Brandon from the Wheel of Time. My best friend had me start reading it shortly before Towers of Midnight came out. I really enjoyed how A Memory of Light turned out so it only made sense to find other things by Brandon at that point. I read tWoK and was hooked. Little did I know what I was getting myself into. I really enjoy reading series (kinda have to if you get sucked into WOT and make it all the way through) and so I read Mistborn and discovered the Coppermind leading me here. I can still remember when I saw where the surges had been guessed/reasoned out and thought "these people are way ahead of anything I'm reading into this" and it made me re-read everything looking for clues. I've been lurking on here for years just figured I'd finally jump in on some of the conversations.

I'm a book junkie, so I read lots and lots and constantly have a list of books that are coming out but I have to say I keep Brandon's homepage bookmarked and seeing the progress bar move is still something that makes me grin. My favorite series by other authors would be a tie between the Divine Cities and the Gentlemen Bastards (come on Scott Lynch!) although I have a ton of authors and series I really enjoy. I'd have to say my favorite Brandon character, though, is Wayne, cause I really enjoy his lines of reasoning (something along the lines of "it makes sense old people would live the longest seeing as how they have the most practice at not dying."). I would also put Hoid at a close second because of his ability to take apart anyone without really trying. My favorite book is still Warbreaker and I really enjoy how Brandon released all his notes in the writing process. 

Welcome to the shard!

5 minutes ago, TMC29ZX said:

Hi Everyone,

I learned about Brandon from the Wheel of Time. My best friend had me start reading it shortly before Towers of Midnight came out. I really enjoyed how A Memory of Light turned out so it only made sense to find other things by Brandon at that point. I read tWoK and was hooked. Little did I know what I was getting myself into. I really enjoy reading series (kinda have to if you get sucked into WOT and make it all the way through) and so I read Mistborn and discovered the Coppermind leading me here. I can still remember when I saw where the surges had been guessed/reasoned out and thought "these people are way ahead of anything I'm reading into this" and it made me re-read everything looking for clues. I've been lurking on here for years just figured I'd finally jump in on some of the conversations.

I'm a book junkie, so I read lots and lots and constantly have a list of books that are coming out but I have to say I keep Brandon's homepage bookmarked and seeing the progress bar move is still something that makes me grin. My favorite series by other authors would be a tie between the Divine Cities and the Gentlemen Bastards (come on Scott Lynch!) although I have a ton of authors and series I really enjoy. I'd have to say my favorite Brandon character, though, is Wayne, cause I really enjoy his lines of reasoning (something along the lines of "it makes sense old people would live the longest seeing as how they have the most practice at not dying."). I would also put Hoid at a close second because of his ability to take apart anyone without really trying. My favorite book is still Warbreaker and I really enjoy how Brandon released all his notes in the writing process. 

It's like you read all the questions we normally ask people then answered them before we asked. 

My favorite color is green. That one's easy. My favorite magic system, that's tougher. I would say Awakening because I love the book, but I also think that Allomancy has some really cool applications as the Mistborn eras move forward. Not sure if it's counts as a magic system and definitely not cosmere, but Cytonics (and specifically Doomslugs place in it) are pretty awesome, too