On 12/9/2020 at 5:30 AM, Ookla the Sly said:

The Shadow eyed the man shrewdly, but with a bit of humor glinting in her darkened eyes. "Well?" She asked impatiently.

Lord nodded and waved his hand theatrically towards the open door.

"after you," he said, "

if you don't mind"

On 12/9/2020 at 5:30 AM, Ookla the Sly said:

Sorry for my delay :P

You call that delay?

:P

On 12/12/2020 at 5:17 AM, Lord_Silberfarben said:

Lord nodded and waved his hand theatrically towards the open door.

"after you," he said, "

if you don't mind"

The Shadow eyed the man distrustfully. He had turned his back to her, so he obviously trusted her not to kill him before, yet why did he now change his mind? Could it be he was just trying to be gentlemanly, or at the very least, put on a show of being gentlemanly? Perhaps he was, but the Shadow was not willing to put herself into a vulnerable position... again. "Actually I do mind, please, before me," she said coldly.

On 12/16/2020 at 1:15 AM, Ookla the Sly said:

"Actually I do mind, please, before me," she said coldly.

Oh no. Lord-Son-Son-Son-Silberfarben could see now that all the show of treating her as a normal customer hadn't worked.

Well, thinking quickly...

"As you wish!" Lord shrugged.

He turned his back on her to step into the room, and as soon as he stepped in, iron bars set with bulletproof glass fell through the door hole, locking him in.

"I'm afraid my trap didn't quite work as planned,"he smiled,"but this room in practically bomb proof!"

"And I think my friends over there can take care of you."

There were already guards pouring through the corridor, some dressed as workers, some as customers...

but all hemalurgically dangerous.

10 hours ago, Lord_Silberfarben said:

Oh no. Lord-Son-Son-Son-Silberfarben could see now that all the show of treating her as a normal customer hadn't worked.

Well, thinking quickly...

"As you wish!" Lord shrugged.

He turned his back on her to step into the room, and as soon as he stepped in, iron bars set with bulletproof glass fell through the door hole, locking him in.

"I'm afraid my trap didn't quite work as planned,"he smiled,"but this room in practically bomb proof!"

"And I think my friends over there can take care of you."

There were already guards pouring through the corridor, some dressed as workers, some as customers...

but all hemalurgically dangerous.

As the bars came down the Shadow immediately tensed moving into a defensive position. She felt her heartbeat and adrenaline rising, she didn't expect a trap to be so blatant, she just didn't want to turn her back on a stranger. For good reason, too, as it turned out. She turned deftly to see the 'friends' to analyze the situation. You fool, getting stuck in a basement like this surrounded by enemies. The Shadow knew that things did not look good. She pulled out two eight inch obsidian knives from her boot, her left hand brushing against something hard in her boot, a device she had put there that she had almost forgotten about. For half a second she considered it, calling the ghostbloods for help, but no, that would not go over well with anarchists she was working with currently, who didn't even know she was working with the ghostbloods. Then again, if the ghostbloods took out the trader's heaven for her... well that would be nice. Maybe they could get the anarchists too-- no more time to think, the opportunity passed. 

The Shadow ran, jumped, and stabbed the first guy she met just to the left of his heart. Gah, why did she have to be that way. Using the momentum of the knife she swung her legs forward and kicked another guy, dressed as a customer, right in the face, then being unable to stop her momentum, she landed right on top of him. She scrambled up to face the rest of them, but there were just so many. 

Lord watched with a concerned smile from inside his cage.

His army was certainly very powerful, he had a few hemalurgical thugs, some surgebinders, one of them was heading for the shadow with the intention of using Adhesion on her. that one was a good idea.

but...

in the spirit of all henchmen everywhere, one of them had found a way to completely screw everything up.

one of them had a gun.

and shooting at a moving shadow surrounded by your friends is never a good idea.

He could hope.

Lord leaned on the cage door to watch.

@Gears

@Ookla the Sly

what do you want to do?

bomb the place?

Shade could see the building in the distance, using her powers to hide herself and the cargo. She wandered around, heading for the meeting place with the Anarchist, where she revealed herself slightly. "I brought the goods, sir," she said softly so they wouldn't be overheard, indicating the cargo she had been carrying with her.
@Gears

10 minutes ago, kenod said:

Shade could see the building in the distance, using her powers to hide herself and the cargo. She wandered around, heading for the meeting place with the Anarchist, where she revealed herself slightly. "I brought the goods, sir," she said softly so they wouldn't be overheard, indicating the cargo she had been carrying with her.
@Gears

"Ah, thank you, Shade," the Anarchist said. "Now, let's go lay them around the building. The Shadow already placed ones in the interior." The two of them quickly set off around the spire, placing all of the explosives in various locations. The support beams were targeted heavily, many of them covered in the bombs. Reaching the upper floors was difficult, but the stone was rough enough that there were plenty of footholds. When all was said and done, the Trader's Heaven looked less like a building and more like a demolitions test. And of course, that's what it soon would be.

As the seconds ticked by, the Shadow's planned escape time came and went. The plan had to be discarded, unfortunately. In a perfect world, she would be able to exit without complications, and the detonation could occur without risking her loyalty. But the Shadow was caught, and the Anarchist was not so arrogant to think that her loyalty was to the cause. She would abandon them all if it meant she could live. The time had come.

The Anarchist pulled out a small remote, wired to all the explosives in and around the building. Hopefully, the Shadow had managed to lay down more explosives before being captured. Alas, there was no way to know, but it didn't matter anyways. "Are you ready?" the Anarchist asked without waiting for a response. The button sank down, and there was a brief moment of silence, rich with the taste of anticipation. Then the world was consumed by flame. 

By the time the Anarchist's vision cleared and the spots dissipated, the fireball had dwindled to a mere coating of fires on the edges of the spire. The center of the building had been consumed, but the structure still stood, for the most part. It didn't look like it would stay that way for long. Several supports were badly damaged, flames eating away at them quickly, and others were completely destroyed. The entire building was listing to one side. Perfect, beautiful, destruction. The Anarchist took a moment to revel in the carnage.

"Isn't it beautiful?" the Anarchist asked, grinning widely, as though trying to swallow the sun. Mad and wild laughter echoed through the Alleyway as the Anarchist looked at Shade with gleaming eyes. "Isn't it magnificent?"

It is done! Feel free to object to any destruction I've laid out. I envision great destruction and damage to structural integrity, though the building still stands for now, leaving the Shadow and Lord mostly intact. 

@Ookla the Sly @Lord_Silberfarben

Shade just shrugged. "I've seen more destructive things," she said, sounding somewhat uninterested. "Things like these generally don't bother me much one way or the other. Besides, I've seen Epics destroy entire skyscrapers and city blocks before. What you did here was interesting to watch, but I've seen more impressing stuff."

Edited by kenod

There was a flash and thunderous boom.

The Shadow flew through the air smashing into a wall and cracking it, thumping to the ground a moment later. For a few seconds she couldn't feel anything, until her eyes drifted open… her eye. It seemed that one of her eyes was refusing to open. Everything was so bright, and she couldn't hear anything but a ringing in her ears. The bright light slowly came into focus... fire. Everything... was on fire. The Shadow soon gained awareness of a searing pain in her shoulder, some of the worst she had ever experienced. Still dizzy, she blinked a few times and tried to look at the damage. Her arm was... not where it was supposed to be. In fact, it was not attached at all. Looking back up at the chaos and fire, the Shadow remembered where she was and what she had been doing. She didn't see the... person she was talking to before. The bomb wasn't supposed to... The Anarchist! By the Lord Ruler that little storming piece of useless trash. When the Shadow got her hands on him! Her hands... her hand clenched into a fist. But no... revenge later. For now the Shadow needed to focus on one thing: survival.

She pulled herself up by her one good arm. The Shadow's legs were unsteady, but sturdy enough to be used. She stumbled through the room, coughing as her lungs filled with smoke. She leaned against a wall for a moment, the heat of it burning through her skin, but she didn't care, she needed to rest for a second. The Shadow was going to get through this. She knew that there was a door in this general direction, she just had to get to it....

*BLAFJKDLAMMMM*

A piece of flaming... something came crashing down in front of her, blocking off any chance of escape. This… this was it. The Shadow was done, and she hadn’t even gotten through one guild. Pathetic. She reached into her sleeve and retrieved her beloved little blade, turning it over in her hands. It was over. She fell into another fit of coughing from the smoke.

Just then, the Shadow felt something cool, or, less warm, brush against her cheek. Air. Dang it, how did she miss it earlier? There had to be a hole in here somewhere, a place where she could get out. She heard a rumble, the building was shifting, which meant the Shadow had to get out as soon as possible. She ran in the direction she felt the air from, searching for anything, any chance, and saw it. A little hole, tiny, maybe big enough for her to crawl through? There would only be one way to find out. The Shadow dove at the hole, scrambling through what might be her last chance. The heat again burned her back as she tried to get through the hole, but she made it! 

The hole led into a windy alleyway. The Shadow started coughing, gagging on the smoke… again. This was not good. She needed help. The Shadow crawled through the mud in the alley toward… something. Anything.

Edited by Ookla the Sly

Koh stared at the flaming building, ears still ringing from the blast. With his life sense, he felt somebody nearby. They felt faint, though, and were probably in the building when the explosion went off. Curios as to what would happen next, he sat down on an overturned trash can, and started writing on a sheet of paper.

"Ely two ly ttq Mxmpyanbvp. I vgef xttsncvpd m ngumoisp qr fp uz rxbxex. R dktnw ftqsp awn zhzpxq uzttdj xp le. Adq egds vnxvhyt mofe dzmrxxswaoq tqsp, ow msg T sfgynmp is xx d cadq aodfrjwmh. T sqzeq tzmjkygj nqmdnz, muy crhj fqqx rbtny. R cxdpqof fipy bnbh tneupq use gdsooizs itfy tmn lrxb iqzf pqf. N'uv veiow mdpfni jxg deq itmu sauyoqd."

The paper was blown out of Koh's hands, but he managed to catch it before it hit the ground. Why was it so windy in this alley? Shouldn't the walls act as windbreaks? He sat back down, and continued writing.

"Bwst rd'v dubqd ijydd rx wse mxxqz T'm nw. Gklt'e gb ijeh yqkw? Dhagxpo'e tmn gdwle nxadv tmn glyd?"  

Edited by Sambews

The Shadow continued to crawl, stopping every couple feet to begin coughing once more. She could hear very little, and what she could see was blurry, but... Was that? No, it couldn't be. It looked like a person ahead of the Shadow, but she must have just been hallucinating.

@Sambews

NullBlade ran to the origin of the noise, he didn't expect whoever had made that explosion to still be still in the zone, at least not alive, so he kept his aluminium sword sheathed, his aluminium gun holstered and and his shadblade on his back. Still, he'd put the hood of his aluminium chainmail so his head would be protected if enemis where still around.

"What happened here? Are there survivors?"

@Scarletfox@Sambews@Ookla Fell From The Sky

Edited by mathiau

A figure crawled out from a tunnel Koh wouldn't have noticed had it not been for them. They started coughing, so they were probably a survivor from the blast. Koh wanted to do something, but didn't want to get involved in whatever was going on here before he knew more. He had seem some people observing the explosion, unconcerned. What would they do if they found this person? What would they do if the found Koh with this person? Somebody ran up to the flaming building, wearing chainmail. Koh thought for a second, and then pulled some debris over the barely conscious person.

"Stay here," he whispered.  "I think somebody is looking for you? I don't know what's going on, but I want answers if/when you wake up."

He then ran over to that person covered in chainmail, panting at the minimal physical exertion. 

"What's going on? Why did this building get blown up?"

@mathiau@Scarletfox

24 minutes ago, Sambews said:

A figure crawled out from a tunnel Koh wouldn't have noticed had it not been for them. They started coughing, so they were probably a survivor from the blast. Koh wanted to do something, but didn't want to get involved in whatever was going on here before he knew more. He had seem some people observing the explosion, unconcerned. What would they do if they found this person? What would they do if the found Koh with this person? Somebody ran up to the flaming building, wearing chainmail. Koh thought for a second, and then pulled some debris over the barely conscious person.

"Stay here," he whispered.  "I think somebody is looking for you? I don't know what's going on, but I want answers if/when you wake up."

He then ran over to that person covered in chainmail, panting at the minimal physical exertion. 

@mathiau@Scarletfox

The Shadow tried to struggle when the strange (hopefully not hallucinated) person placed something on her, but she was just so tired. Her body tried to cough again, but she was just so tired, so it turned more into a wheeze. Everything was blurry, but she could do this. She had to... get out...

Everything went black.

WOW

so coool!

remember scarlet that the fight was happening in the basement, however, it is possible that the roof was broken, and that lead to an alley so its all right.

Me in my bomb proof bunkerB)

and to think you could have been inside here if it were not for your distrust...

although i'm trapped here.

Lord-son-son-son-Silberfarben didn't congratulate himself.

Although the cage intended for the shadow had protected him from the explosion, he was now trapped in there.

The worst thing is that it had not been his idea.

To feel better, however, he should begin work on a way to get out of there.

it worked for him to put his negative feelings to use.

He crouched behind a piece of concrete that was leaning heavily against his cage, and spake to the figure coughing her way into consciousness.

"Wake up! It's your lucky day today!"

"You have been promoted. congratulations."

He stood up and pointed at the door.

"Would you care to enter a combination in this little box here? Quickly please."

She stared at him in confusion, and his face darkened.

"I know you are a bit confused, that was a big blast, But trust me if you don't stand up RIGHT NOW! and help me,  it will get much worse. "

She slowly began to rise.

"Good, good, that's the way."

If anyone wants to find me, feel free to do it right now. otherwise i will just escape.

7 hours ago, Sambews said:

A man ran from the rubbles toward NullBlade and asked him what was going on, he was panting for some reason

"Actually, I was about to ask you the same question." He turned toward the burning building "That was a guild building, wasn't it? That makes at least two attacks on the same day. Did someone declare an all out guild war while I was asleep or something? Wait, I think I'm seeing an arm in these rubbles"

He headed toward The Shadow and started removing the stones over her

@Sambews@Scarletfox

4 hours ago, mathiau said:

A man ran from the rubbles toward NullBlade and asked him what was going on, he was panting for some reason

"Actually, I was about to ask you the same question." He turned toward the burning building "That was a guild building, wasn't it? That makes at least two attacks on the same day. Did someone declare an all out guild war while I was asleep or something? Wait, I think I'm seeing an arm in these rubbles"

@Sambews@Scarletfox

Through the slumber, very very faintly, the Shadow could feel... something. But she could not put her finger on it. Some movement that disturbed her comfort.

7 hours ago, mathiau said:

@Sambews@Scarletfox

Koh followed the armored person over to the rubble where he had tried to hide the survivor. 

"I'm new here. I was walking down this alley when that building blew up. That's literally all I can tell you about what happened. Was there another attack somewhere? Are these things regular?"

Cassandra Adama ran toward what was left of the Trader's Haven. It seemed the Anarchist had their fun after all. Flames licked the walls of nearby buildings, but the wooden Haven had suffered the most. It was... burned out almost entirely.

She didn't have time to worry about that. Her objectives were simple. Find out what Lord wanted with those spikes, and retrieve them if possible. Find how Lord made his amethysts. Find what in Harmony's name was going on.

Cassie ignored the people gathering outside the chaos, not stopping to see if the Anarchist was among them. What would she say? She never specified she had to be there, just that she would offer her support. Perhaps she would do so in the future.

For now, she gulped down some iron powder and ran in the building, trailing Stormlight from her wrist.

@Lord_Silberfarben @Gears

I'm not entirely sure what's left standing... Cassie doesn't really know what to expect. She'll probably be able to find Lord, although what she'd do I'm not sure. The Hemalurgics she can take care of.

18 hours ago, Sambews said:

Koh followed the armored person over to the rubble where he had tried to hide the survivor. 

"I'm new here. I was walking down this alley when that building blew up. That's literally all I can tell you about what happened. Was there another attack somewhere? Are these things regular?"

Still removing the rubles, NullBlade replied

"Not really, and never without a big build up making sure everyone know hell is about to rain."

@Scarletfox

Aln pulled up short, taking in the wreckage. The building had nearly completely collapsed, and she could make out prone bodies lying in the wreckage. What is wrong with this storming city? she thought angrily. Can an hour not go by without something being attacked or blowing up? 

"Folorian," she called, inhaling stormlight, "You're stronger than I. Could you help me extract these people so I can use Progression?" She ran into the flames without waiting for a response, her Truthwatcher powers instantly healing the burns. Inside, a man lay pinned by a fallen beam, obviously too heavy for her to move. "Have you got enough stormlight for a soulcasting?" she called. Her eyes stung from the smoke, and she began to apply progression to the fallen man. Pel, she said, watch out for Folorian, and tell me if he tries to say anything. Then she turned back to the matter at hand.

@mathiau

2 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

Aln pulled up short, taking in the wreckage. The building had nearly completely collapsed, and she could make out prone bodies lying in the wreckage. What is wrong with this storming city? she thought angrily. Can an hour not go by without something being attacked or blowing up? 

"Folorian," she called, inhaling stormlight, "You're stronger than I. Could you help me extract these people so I can use Progression?" She ran into the flames without waiting for a response, her Truthwatcher powers instantly healing the burns. Inside, a man lay pinned by a fallen beam, obviously too heavy for her to move. "Have you got enough stormlight for a soulcasting?" she called. Her eyes stung from the smoke, and she began to apply progression to the fallen man. Pel, she said, watch out for Folorian, and tell me if he tries to say anything. Then she turned back to the matter at hand.

@mathiau

As Zaria arrived, she could see others run into the fire. She skidded to a halt.

"...Well, this is going to be difficult."

"I'll go ask those people if they need help."

"Good idea!"

Orb flies toward the people who seemed to be trying to save people inside the building.

Zaria attuned Awe as she watched them risk their lives.

When Orb gets close enough to you, she will ask something like "The radiant I am bonded with wants to help, what should she do?" 

13 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

@mathiau

Folorian started searching for bodies in the rubbles, an exercise that, considering his curse, could only be described as "easier than it seems"

Kerr, go see Aln...

Already doing that, it is not the first time we're doing the spren switch to bypasses our curses

Thanks.

He then said to Pel, who he assumed would be watching him, "I'm only finding dead people for now, I'll continue searching."

Nullblade had now removed most of the rubble on the woman head and chest. At least, enough to check her vitals, which as far as he could tell were good, she was breathing and her heart was beating and but wasn't a doctor to know whether she was breathing and beating right.

As he wasn't sure she was conscious or not he started giving her small slaps on the cheeks in hope of waking her.

If you haven't already done so, I advise everyone here to read Aln and Folorian's character sheets as they both have debilitating weaknesses, for example neither Folorian nor Kerr would hear Orb and it's honestly 50/50 for Aln

@Random Bystander

27 minutes ago, mathiau said:

Folorian started searching for bodies in the rubbles, an exercise that, considering his curse, could only be described as "easier than it seems"

Kerr, go see Aln...

Already doing that, it is not the first time we're doing the spren switch to bypasses our curses

Thanks.

He then said to Pel, who he assumed would be watching him, "I'm only finding dead people for now, I'll continue searching."

A cryptic appeared in the corner of Aln's vision, and she sighed in relief. Folorian was nearby, then. In the heat of the moment (literally), she'd forgotten that Folorian's curse wouldn't allow him to hear her. But he was on top of it, as usual. Pel, she sent, tell Folorian I've got a pinned man and could use some Soulcasting. She said the same thing aloud for good measure, glancing at Kerr.

16 minutes ago, Rushu42 said:

A cryptic appeared in the corner of Aln's vision, and she sighed in relief. Folorian was nearby, then. In the heat of the moment (literally), she'd forgotten that Folorian's curse wouldn't allow him to hear her. But he was on top of it, as usual. Pel, she sent, tell Folorian I've got a pinned man and could use some Soulcasting. She said the same thing aloud for good measure, glancing at Kerr.

Aln found a man under a beam and seems to have forgotten you cannot use soulcasting

Tell her I'm coming to see if I can help moving the beam, and that I can't soulcast

It wasn't like her to forget these kind of thing, the destruction of the guild's building must'ev been weighting on her more than he had though.

Yeah, I didn't correct you in last post because I was somehow thinking Truthwatchers could soulcast, but I had to remove Folorian's ability to soulcast cause I was worried his curse wouldn't be enough to give to the -35 needed to have expert scholarship+intelligent+F-copper+1st oath radiant :unsure:

Of course we could ask help from the Willshaper offering help or from the big guy with a Shardblade on his back outside