Anarchy Incorporated

Gears

19 hours ago, Gears said:

The Anarchist turned towards the group, dropping the smile. "This is your last chance to leave. Are you in or are you out? I'll let you walk out the door freely, but once you're in, there is no escape. There's a trader's guild that's been dealing in Hemalurgy. Mass infiltration, then obliteration. Do you want to back away?"

@DramaQueen @bees? @Sorana @Invocation @Lord_Silberfarben @Ashbringer @kenod

Lena picked up a pen from his table and pointed it at the Anarchist.

"Fascinating." she drawled and spun it in her hands. "And here is was thinking that showing up alone, was commitment enough." With a grin she tapped the pencil against her lips, never leaving her spot on his table. "I am good at disguising people - so I should be able to help to get everybody a slightly different look, make them harder to recognize." Her grin widened. "And I would love to take care of the guards - a good trader's guild has to have some guards."

She winked at him, a gleam in her eyes. "And here I was, thinking you were a bore. But maybe, maybe you actually are quite interesting."

==========

I noticed that you rp the Anarchist both here and in Cassandra's shop at the moment. If possible, please to try to limit one character to one place in the future, so that we can at least try to keep our timeline straight.

5 hours ago, Sorana said:

I noticed that you rp the Anarchist both here and in Cassandra's shop at the moment. If possible, please to try to limit one character to one place in the future, so that we can at least try to keep our timeline straight.

Sorry. I'll try to avoid it in the future. [For chronology, the shop is happening before this, since Cassandra will tell me about the traders.]

3 hours ago, Lord_Silberfarben said:

Hey...

since you already signed Iza in...

can he stay behind the door for a while?

i want to make his introduction post when i choose to.

Sure. I assume I know he's there, just staying quiet. 

5 hours ago, Sorana said:

She winked at him, a gleam in her eyes. "And here I was, thinking you were a bore. But maybe, maybe you actually are quite interesting."

"Thank you," the Anarchist said with a wicked grin. "I look forward to working with you."

The Shadow crept through the night, reaching into the left sleeve of her black turtleneck shirt and grasping at one of the many obsidian throwing knives she had hidden. Fiddling with it comforted her as she glanced suspiciously at the surrounding street. She found it strange to have no mists enveloping her. The absence made things a bit more fair when it came to sensing others' presence, so she didn't have to worry about an unseen tineye or mistborn attacking her unaware, however it was a very unnerving feeling to be able to be seen by anyone who passed. The Shadow always worried that there was someone watching her, following her, ready to pounce, but there rarely ever was.

She approached a non-descript building that blended in with the dark of night, a single lamppost reflecting light off her stark black eyes. There was a sign nailed above the door: 

Anarchy Incorporated
Bringing down organisations

From beneath her cloth, The Shadow smirked. This was definitely what she was looking for. With her left hand, she reached into one of her trouser pockets, and pulled out a folded piece of paper with writing scrawled onto it. With her right hand, she reached into the small pocket beneath her wrist, and pulled out the three inch triangular knife she was fidgeting with earlier. The Shadow slapped the paper on the door, and with the knife tightly grasped in her hand, she pulled her arm back, then yanked it forward, mercilessly impaling the paper into the wood with a deep thunk. She stepped back to admire her work. Determining that she had completed what she had come to do, The Shadow gave a few mighty thumps with her fist on the door, and proceeded to swiftly and silently take off into another dark alley, her black curly ponytail trailing being her. The note she left behind read:

Anarchist. Nice set up. 

We have a common goal. Who knows, maybe I'll end up in your little tea party eventually anyway. I intend on bringing down as many guilds as possible from the inside out.

What is my incentive, you may ask? Guilds are a large source of money, I've heard, and I want it. I also find great joy in causing strife among those who sit in power. Your people may see me around. Let me re-phrase, your people may see what I've left behind.

Just wanted you to know that you have some competition. Or maybe, you have an ally. Your choice. 

Spoiler

IMG-3448.thumb.jpg.4b35244199f72b71e8b30b15f5d8538b.jpg

- The Shadow

P.S. If you want to meet, you're going to have to find me first.

Sorry about the giant picture, that's supposed to be a part of The Shadow's signature, much smaller, and centered on the page. Also, let me know if you need me alter the description of the building Anarchy Incorporated is in.

Edited by Scarletfox

On 4.8.2020 at 3:31 PM, Gears said:

"Thank you," the Anarchist said with a wicked grin. "I look forward to working with you."

Lena slowly slid down from his table and stepped close, tilted her head slightly back to be able to look into his eyes. "I agree." she drawled and reached into her bag, fingers briefly touching the different vials and pouches she kept in there, an idea forming in her mind, but first something else. "What if you goal?" she asked her voice low, for his ears only. "Why do you found a guild, openly set on destruction?" curiosity coloured her voice, curiosity and something else. A tension, excitement maybe. "That seems -" she made a slight shrug with her shoulders, "risky."

Her lips curving up in a smile she added. "And bold." Lifting a finger to run it along the side of his face unless he moved away, she tilted her head a little to the side. "I like bold and risky - especially when they come with some fire. And yet here I am, wondering, why do you take that risk?"

A dark thud echoed through the room behind her and she ignored it for now. Probably another member, or someone offened by the Corporation's open announcement of their goal. She never looked away from his waited for his reply. Whoever it was, they could wait for a few seconds until the Anarchist had answered.

6 hours ago, Sorana said:

Her lips curving up in a smile she added. "And bold." Lifting a finger to run it along the side of his face unless he moved away, she tilted her head a little to the side. "I like bold and risky - especially when they come with some fire. And yet here I am, wondering, why do you take that risk?"

The Anarchist's eyes gleamed in what could be madness and what could be a strange twisted glee as laughter filled the air. "Why else? The fun." There was no point in bringing everything down if nothing would stand in your way. That would be as boring as not doing it in the first place. You only truly live when you stare into the abyss. 

50 minutes ago, Gears said:

The Anarchist's eyes gleamed in what could be madness and what could be a strange twisted glee as laughter filled the air. "Why else? The fun." There was no point in bringing everything down if nothing would stand in your way. That would be as boring as not doing it in the first place. You only truly live when you stare into the abyss. 

The fun. Lena laughed as well, added her voice to his, purely delighted at the fact that he'd claimed this one fact so openly. The corporation most certainly wouldn't be boring, not if he was willing to have actions following his words. And if he wasn't - she could still have fun on her own.

"We will get along quite well, you and I." She closed her fingers around an apple in her bag, smiling fondly at the memory of how she had poisoned a building with special ones. It had still ended in a blood bath, but she had expected that part.

"Fun is the only reason I'm here." The infiltrating part didn't sound entirely exciting, but she probably would be able to test a few new poisons along the way. If they caught her, who cared. They could always blow up a part of a building or whereever and be done with it. One guild less and that's it.

Turning away from him she walked over to the door and opened it. A knife holding a piece of parchment. Classical move, but never quite loosing its style. The sublte threat, the message, she could see why someone would decide for that kind of announcement.

"For you." lifting a hand she tried to pull the knife out of the wood, but it stuck and when it didn't move at her first try she shrugged and left it where it was. Instead she pulled a glove over her hand and ripped the letter of, held it up to see if the paper had been prepared with a powder of some sorts. It hadn't and it smelled normal, didn't appear to have been soaked in something either, so she shrugged and held it out to the Anarchist.

"Just someone wanting to join the unusual way."

Edited by Sorana

Just now, Sorana said:

"Just someone wanting to join the unusual way."

"Thank you," the Anarchist said, taking the paper and reading it.

10 hours ago, Scarletfox said:

P.S. If you want to meet, you're going to have to find me first

The Anarchist grinned at the message and set it aside. Fascinating. An ally/enemy to contend with. Unexpected, but competition makes every challenge more exciting.

"How can I reach you?" Lena asked while he read, not bothering to wait until he had finished. "I think I could go and take a look at these Traders, see who they are and if they have any protection in place."

Tapping a finger gently against the message she grinned again. They had to get going. Doing nothing but standing around was boring. "And you should go and find that shadow. Whoever they are, they seem to be an interesting person."

Do you have a plan how to go on?

@Gears

6 hours ago, Sorana said:

Do you have a plan how to go on?

Yes, but NO ONE'S RESPONDING WITH THEIR ACCEPTANCES!!! Come on guys. We need to infiltrate Trader's Heaven, burn it to the ground, and carry on. We don't have time for player inactivity. 

The Anarchist handed Lena a business card. "My phone number's on there. Give me a call if you're dying, a text if you're not. I'll find them once we finish up here."

17 hours ago, Gears said:

The Anarchist handed Lena a business card. "My phone number's on there. Give me a call if you're dying, a text if you're not. I'll find them once we finish up here."

She laughed. "Will do." she grinned and took the card, stuffed it into her pocket. Phone number. So he expected she had one of these things to give him a call. With a slight shrug she decided to care about that part later - these phones were boring. Everybody could call you and know where you were. She prefered a meeting in a dark place, a mask over her face - her grin widened when she recalled one of these meetings. They had all worn masks or disguises, had called themselves the Bureau. They had told her to spy on their enemies, but she had grown bored at one point or the other and then the others had died or vanished and only she was left.

Sebastian, he was the one stupid enough to attack the Ghostbloods in their base. And that Haunt guy, the ghost. The next time she saw him, she would rip him apart.

"See you later aligator." she called, although she had no idea what an aligator was. Still she liked the rhyme of the phrase. Humming a happy tone she walked out of the door, flicked her fingers against the blade of the knife still stuck inside of the wood. Reaching into her bag she pulled out an apple and looked at it fondly. Apples, she liked apples ever since she had poisoned a whole floor using nothing but apples.

Biting into the soft, slightly sour fruit she walked along the street, a happy spring to her steps. It was time to test a few poisons.

Edited by Sorana

Rosaleine ran into the office, her blonde hair tossed in a messy bun that was messier than usual. "Sorry, I got held up. I couldn't find my dog, but it turns out that I had already put her in her kennel. What do you need me to do today?"

Shade stood in the corner, hidden, wondering what type of person would get involved with something like this while so confused they forgot they had sent their dog to a kennel. Still, that was why she was hired, she guessed.

Silently she started playing with her knife, making sure to continue hiding her presence.

Shade isn't using her powers full force, so you can still notice her, but it would be difficult, she's basically part of the background, mentally speaking.

Edited by kenod

6 hours ago, DramaQueen said:

Rosaleine ran into the office, her blonde hair tossed in a messy bun that was messier than usual. "Sorry, I got held up. I couldn't find my dog, but it turns out that I had already put her in her kennel. What do you need me to do today?"

"So, we're infiltrating Trader's Heaven," the Anarchist said. "If you want to help, Lena's already there. Also, get to know everyone. There are a lot of people lurking in the corners, like that person." The Anarchist pointed at a random person, who happened to be Shade. "You there with the knife! Are you going to join up? If so, give your name to Rosaleine and go meet Lena at Trader's Heaven."

@kenod

Cassie pushed the door open with her free hand, carrying in a cart. So. This was what the Anarchist had planned.

She was impressed. There were a good amount of people here; she'd thought that it would just be her and the Anarchist.

"Hello, everyone," she said, giving another tug on the cart, letting it roll to a stop next to her. 

"Anarchist, you might like these," she said, sweeping off the tarp and revealing the cart's contents. The reveal was slightly killed by her left arm stiffening again - she yanked it up, metal fingers finally letting go.

On the cart were about ten dagger-long cylinders of a yellow, slightly molten metal covered in glass. Behind them were four spheres of the same, the size of bowling balls.

The caesium was ready.

19 hours ago, Gears said:

"So, we're infiltrating Trader's Heaven," the Anarchist said. "If you want to help, Lena's already there. Also, get to know everyone. There are a lot of people lurking in the corners, like that person." The Anarchist pointed at a random person, who happened to be Shade. "You there with the knife! Are you going to join up? If so, give your name to Rosaleine and go meet Lena at Trader's Heaven."

@kenod

Rosaleine sighed, still trying to catch her breath. "But I just got here!" She sighed again, then looked around. "Alright, fine. Everyone who hasn't filled out a form for us, come to my desk? Yeah, let's do that."

Under her breath, she mumbled, "Then I can at least rest for a little while before I have to do anything else."

Not waiting to see if the newcomers followed, Rosaleine flounced to her office, her skirt bouncing around her ankles. She put the forms on the edge of her desk, then proceeded to pull out a mirror and fix her hair.

Sorry if her dumb-blonde-ness was a bit over the top in the last paragraph, she seemed a bit too smart in the first part. Also, I kind of need to get her back to her other job as Magnolia, so if you could have something minorly scary to make her ask if she can leave for the day, or find another way to let her exit this thread sometime soon, that'd be nice. It's my own dang fault for leaving the detective agency when I did, but it's a bit too late to change that.

5 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

On the cart were about ten dagger-long cylinders of a yellow, slightly molten metal covered in glass. Behind them were four spheres of the same, the size of bowling balls.

The Anarchist smiled widely at the sight. A new type of explosive to play with. How fun! "Thank you, Ms. Adama."

2 hours ago, DramaQueen said:

Rosaleine sighed, still trying to catch her breath. "But I just got here!" She sighed again, then looked around. "Alright, fine. Everyone who hasn't filled out a form for us, come to my desk? Yeah, let's do that."

"Well, if you don't want to leave, you could pull out the knife in the door," the Anarchist said. "It's pretty stuck in there, and then maybe you could fix the door? Giant stab wounds do not a nice door make."

13 hours ago, Gears said:

"Well, if you don't want to leave, you could pull out the knife in the door," the Anarchist said. "It's pretty stuck in there, and then maybe you could fix the door? Giant stab wounds do not a nice door make."

"I... can try. Don't know if you can tell, but I'm not exactly the strongest person in the room." Rosaleine giggled.

10 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

"I... can try. Don't know if you can tell, but I'm not exactly the strongest person in the room." Rosaleine giggled.

The Anarchist nodded. "Do your best, Rosie. If you fail, well, at least it makes a nice decoration."

Shade nodded and walked over to the forms, quickly filling it out, simply filling in 'Shade' for her name. It wasn't as if she really remembered her old name anyway, nobody had used it since she was four or something. She had mostly dropped her concealment and the fact that others were seeing her made her back itch, but it wasn't as if she could simply hide herself again when her new boss announced her presence to everybody in the room.

Silently she handed the form back in, and walked back to the place she had stood before.

26 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

”Anarchist, do you want me to give a rundown on what your” - she bit her lip - “objective is?”

Not objective. Target.

"Sure," the Anarchist said. "Some enterprising individual is at the place already, but the rest of these people could use the information." For some reason, Ms. Adama seemed nervous about this "objective". Was this a rare instance of what people called a "conscience"? How fascinating to see one in the wild. Most people discarded theirs before engaging in acts of mass destruction, but it seemed that Ms. Adama was one of the rare few who were genuinely upset by such occurrences. 

Sorry, this has been a really busy week. 

Cassie unrolled a few papers and passed them over to the Anarchist. “These are a few things I’ve noticed about Lord. A few sketches of what I can remember. 192 spikes, as well as a lot of fabrials, which could also be weaponized. You think you can counter that?”

She started unwrapping a few of the smaller bombs, seeing if anyone would like one. There were plenty to go around, it seems.

• 2 weeks later...

Rosaleine, after about a half hour of trying to pull the knife out of the door using nothing but her bare hands, looks at her watch, letting out a little yelp. "Um, Mr. Anarchist? Sir? Might I be excused for the day? I've got a date, and I'd hate to be any later than fashionably. Thanks!" Not waiting for a response, she rushes out the door, throwing her coat on as she leaves.