Late-knight randomness (or any time when other activity is low)

1 minute ago, Nathrangking said:

What are your thoughts on the assassination of Julius Caesar on the ides of march? Was it really what was best for the republic or was it an excuse? Was the collapse of the republic inevitable or could it have been prevented?

Bit of both I would say.

Possibly the greatest invention known to man, spoilered below

Spoiler

Driven by pneumatic pressure, a marvel of engineering

Spoiler

With one function, executed to perfection, and it turns itself off when it's done

Spoiler

What's this marvel of human ingenuity you say?

Spoiler

The tractor sprinkler!!

20200714_101304.thumb.jpg.a0889bb1255524f93c73983670099bfa.jpg

I got one for Christmas and put it through its paces today, it worked flawlessly.

20200714_103432.thumb.jpg.09c4c2561b8e07d67852bfcb4f985664.jpg

I set the hose up like a track, and this indomitable little marvel made the full circuit in 1.5 hrs, shutting itself when it ran into the specially designed ramp that triggers a shut off valve on the bottom of the tractor. Brilliant!

Uhhh *tries to remember stuff from world history and fails* I think I remember maybe having the opinion that it was just an excuse. iirc (I probably don’t) he was a prett okay leader and the next dude (marcus something?) wasnt. 

I am #TeamTractorSprinkler 

Edited by Danex

6 minutes ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

Possibly the greatest invention known to man, spoilered below

Reveal hidden contents

Driven by pneumatic pressure, a marvel of engineering

Hide contents

With one function, executed to perfection, and it turns itself off when it's done

Hide contents

What's this marvel of human ingenuity you say?

Hide contents

The tractor sprinkler!!

20200714_101304.thumb.jpg.a0889bb1255524f93c73983670099bfa.jpg

I got one for Christmas and put it through its paces today, it worked flawlessly.

20200714_103432.thumb.jpg.09c4c2561b8e07d67852bfcb4f985664.jpg

I set the hose up like a track, and this indomitable little marvel made the full circuit in 1.5 hrs, shutting itself when it ran into the specially designed ramp that triggers a shut off valve on the bottom of the tractor. Brilliant!

Im begging you please tell me where to get such a marvelous creation. 

Edit: oh wait you said you got it for Christmas, never mind. (Still though, it’s amazing)

Edited by Hentient

40 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

What are your thoughts on the assassination of Julius Caesar on the ides of march? Was it really what was best for the republic or was it an excuse? Was the collapse of the republic inevitable or could it have been prevented?

So from some research on Caesar's death and what I found said that the roman leaders thought he was making a bid to become king so they organized a conspiracy aiming to remove him and keep the system the same as it was. But his death lead to the Roman Republics collapse so and the Roman empire forming so it didn't even achieve what they wanted. On top of that I don't think that any of the assassins wanted to help the republic in anyway they just wanted to hold on to the power and Caesar being crowned would take that power away from them. So I think it was an excuse to keep power to themselves and in the end destroyed the republic.

Take all this with a grain of salt I only did some quick research so I might of gotten some facts wrong and I wasn't there and will never know the real reason why they killed him.

Edited by Darkfinder

Just now, DramaQueen said:

I don't think I have a specific favorite book, but I like Darke, at least the scene where Beetle and Jenna go get sandwiches and you get to hear what Beetle is thinking.

Rusts, I hardly remember anything. Tbsh, one of my fabourite scenes is when Septimus flies using the completed charm for the first time.