The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

Just now, Enter a username said:

Enter handed the knife back. He had heard something, but couldn't actually understand any of it.

"Thanks."  Should he try to explain this?  Probably.  "My, uh, my friend has a strict 'no knives while brooding' policy."  He laughs nervously.  "Someone almost got stabbed once, so.  Yeah."  He probably just made this really awkward, didn't he?

1 minute ago, Spren of Kindness said:

"Thanks."  Should he try to explain this?  Probably.  "My, uh, my friend has a strict 'no knives while brooding' policy."  He laughs nervously.  "Someone almost got stabbed once, so.  Yeah."  He probably just made this really awkward, didn't he?

Enter nodded. "That does kind of make sense."

I've got to go now. Sorry. Not my choice.

Spoiler

I hate homework.

Spoiler

That has absolutely nothing to do with why I have to get off.

Spoiler

Seriously.

Spoiler

I have to eat dinner.

Spoiler

Why are you still clicking?

9 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

I look Daolan not caring at that moment whether weakness showed. If my friends and new family were going to risk their lives then care would be needed. Some strength materializes from nowhere and injects itself into my words. "We shall have to talk. The one whom I fought was made aware of the point of this duel. We shall speak soon of this." I turn my head to Herate and there is a gentleness to my voice. "You should bind your wound. Drop me at the nearest bench or tree stump and see to your injury."

"Yes." Daolan moves to a pair of stumps that are fairly close to each other.

Herate helps Nath over to one of the stumps then pulls a small length of bandage out of her bag to bind her arm.

6 hours ago, Condensation said:

"Yes." Daolan moves to a pair of stumps that are fairly close to each other.

Herate helps Nath over to one of the stumps then pulls a small length of bandage out of her bag to bind her arm.

I sit. None of the weariness depart me. It linger like a phantom hovering over its former shell. I turn my attention to Daolan knowing well that my weakness is clear to him. "I had a point to make here general. Your best fighter was defeated by me even though I was weak and injured. Your rebels are not ready they must learn to fight and win. They must be taught tactics and how to defeat stronger opponents. I believe that I can help with that. My friends are less experienced than I general. If they are going to risk their lives it should not be in vain."

2 hours ago, The Awakened Salad said:

Me: comes back to see how this RP’s going

*sees there’s 312 pages*

aksjeownzjodsjsiskwosndj there goes all my hope of rejoining

Oof. I also have A LOT to catch up.

10 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I'll let you win for now; I'll save mine for a really overdramatic moment. That sound good?" He brushed one of her curls behind her ear. "Though 2-1 is does mean that you're still winning."

He pulled her close and kissed her.

*cheering*

10 hours ago, AonEne said:

I think we are all together right now. 

3 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

I sit. None of the weariness depart me. It linger like a phantom hovering over its former shell. I turn my attention to Daolan knowing well that my weakness is clear to him. "I had a point to make here general. Your best fighter was defeated by me even though I was weak and injured. Your rebels are not ready they must learn to fight and win. They must be taught tactics and how to defeat stronger opponents. I believe that I can help with that. My friends are less experienced than I general. If they are going to risk their lives it should not be in vain."

Okay. Martin and Enter are in the command tent. Woo! Fadran and Queen are in the trees or around the trees. Also woo! Nath, Herate, and Daolan are just outside the tent near two stumps/sitting on two stumps. Is that a woo? Jeffery and Rien never left the tent, and I don't know where anyone else is. Where are you, everyone? :)

Daolan nods. It is obvious that this man has much wisdom to impart, and Daolan has never been one to reject help offered. "That would be much appreciated, thank you."

Fox yelped when Nath went into the duel, she could see how it was straining on him.

Afterwards, she walked up and placed a hand on his shoulder. Fox was proud of her father for his strength, but was worried that he would work himself too hard. Again. The hand she had placed on father's shoulder, she realized, was the bandaged one. It was aching, badly, but Fox would live. 

@Nathrangking

"So, what do we do now?" asked T. "I could probably use some melee training."

In the woods, Ember paces nervously, kindling small fires in the palm of his hand, then extinguishing them, over and over again. After a few minutes, he hears a voice in his head. Hello, Ember. "Hello, Tawny." You've changed locations. "I have, yes. What about that?" Why? Have you found Tara yet? "I joined with a group to survive a horde of batthings." What do I tell her? he thought. And Tara?

4 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Well... seeing as how we have a lot of open space now... how do you feel about teleportation?"

"Terrified. Let's try this." Queen focused on a spot just a few feet in front of her. Tchanta? Any idea how I do this?

Just focus, like you are, draw from your power, and...I'd assume it would feel kind of like...jumping? I'm really not sure.

Great. Queen did all she could to avoid losing her focus, reached back into her mind, and tugged on her magic. She felt something pull her, but was too busy focusing to let it take her, causing her to stumble and fall.

28 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

"Terrified. Let's try this." Queen focused on a spot just a few feet in front of her. Tchanta? Any idea how I do this?

Just focus, like you are, draw from your power, and...I'd assume it would feel kind of like...jumping? I'm really not sure.

Great. Queen did all she could to avoid losing her focus, reached back into her mind, and tugged on her magic. She felt something pull her, but was too busy focusing to let it take her, causing her to stumble and fall.

"Whoa! Hold on there." Fadran helped her to her feet. "Wait just a second; there's a method to testing the limits of magic." He pointed at a rock. "You see that? Concentrate on it and try teleporting there."

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Whoa! Hold on there." Fadran helped her to her feet. "Wait just a second; there's a method to testing the limits of magic." He pointed at a rock. "You see that? Concentrate on it and try teleporting there."

"Well, I was trying for there," Queen pointed to an area right in front of a tree, "but okay." She focused on the rock, this time ready to be pulled. She tugged on the power, and disappeared...then reappeared approximately two inches from where she started. "I...think I moved. That's something, right?"

1 minute ago, DramaQueen said:

"Well, I was trying for there," Queen pointed to an area right in front of a tree, "but okay." She focused on the rock, this time ready to be pulled. She tugged on the power, and disappeared...then reappeared approximately two inches from where she started. "I...think I moved. That's something, right?"

"So it isn't concentrational; it's distance." Fadran thought for a moment. "This puts a wrinkle in things."

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"So it isn't concentrational; it's distance." Fadran thought for a moment. "This puts a wrinkle in things."

Queen shrugged. "It might be concentrational..." It's pretty hard to focus on anything but you.

1 minute ago, DramaQueen said:

Queen shrugged. "It might be concentrational..." It's pretty hard to focus on anything but you.

"Well, generally with teleportation, if you can think about where you're going, then you can go just about anywhere. If you can't, then you don't move at all. If you move just a little bit if you're slightly distracted, though... then your teleportation is less like instantaneous positional change and more like really hard, really overcomplicated walking."

13 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Well, generally with teleportation, if you can think about where you're going, then you can go just about anywhere. If you can't, then you don't move at all. If you move just a little bit if you're slightly distracted, though... then your teleportation is less like instantaneous positional change and more like really hard, really overcomplicated walking."

Queen focused again, thinking about the rock and tugging on her magic. This time, she teleported to the rock. "Maybe it's a practice thing."