The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

7 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Wizard hums along to the tune. It had been, what a few centuries? No it had been a couple millennia since he had heard such a song.

One who understood was singing this tune of power. To others, it was a song to him it was so much more. He remembered the days when this power permeated realms and brought stability to the cosmos. He knew well the way that souls and magics drew close to its comforting embrace. There was little that he would not have done to hear her sing it again. To hold her close as she wove her magic and brought peace into the minds of so many. Alas, all he had now were that accursed dagger and this song. Yearning to continue filled him, but he slowed and let the tune fade away. The spell broke and the magics returned to whence they came. Their impact is almost imperceptible unless one knew what to look for. Though of course he always did. He falls back until he and Wizard are walking side by side. "Of all of our party, it makes sense that you would know."

6 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

As the group walked up the hill Wizard looked back and started counting the enemy numbers while absently turning the river back into lava.

Nath stoked the heat of the lava ever hotter. 

3 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

I'm quite confused as to what's going on with the song and the lava...where's Journey at?

Let's see if I can clarify. Wizard turned a lava field to stone. We crossed it and began climbing a hill. Meanwhile, Nath did mystical tune stuff. Trutharchvists staff acted interestingly. Others tried to join Nath unsuccessfully. Wizard then returned the lava field to its previous state as we climbed. I would guess Journey is climbing with the rest of us.

9 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"With a army of around a trillion souls chasing after us, do you want to here the good news or the bad news first?"

"Do surprise us." Nath's chuckle barely holding back a darkness as old as time itself.

14 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"With a army of around a trllion souls chasing after us, do you want to here the good news or the bad news first?"

“A trillion?” Bryson exclaimed. “I didn’t know it was that many…”

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

“A trillion?” Bryson exclaimed. “I didn’t know it was that many…”

"That's just the lower end of my estimates."

5 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

"Do surprise us." Nath's chuckle barely holding back a darkness as old as time itself.

"The good is that there should be less of the creatures guarding the shadow realm we are entering. The bad news well, just look up." A army bursts from the top of the hill.

9 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"The good is that there should be less of the creatures guarding the shadow realm we are entering. The bad news well, just look up." A army bursts from the top of the hill.

"Ah good, a real fight then."

Nath thrusts his hands out and hundreds of soldiers burst into flames burst in an instant. Their screams ascend as their flesh burns. The fires spread as more of them begin to catch. Hundreds more freeze in place and then shatter into piles of jagged fragments. Others clutch their throats gasping for air. These struggle for a few moments and then fall motionless. Bolts of lightning start raining from the sky and sow ever more death and destruction. Winds lift a portion of the survivors and violently toss them about. All of the while Nath looks on calmly.

Edited by Nathrangking

2 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"So, let me get this straight: we have a huge army standing between us and our destination, but it's fine, because when we somehow get past it no one will be there to stop us? Great." Trutharchivist shook his head. He shot a quick look at his staff, to make sure that... Whatever happened with the song thing didn't happen again.

"I mean, you guys can probably take care of some of it, but... Um... Isn't trillion a lot?"

1 minute ago, Nathrangking said:

"Ah good, a real fight then."

Nath thrusts his hands out and hundreds of soldiers burst into flame. Their screams ascend as their flesh burns. Hundreds more freeze in place and then shatter into piles of jagged fragments. Others clutch their throats gasping for air. These struggle for a few moments and then fall motionless. Bolts of lightning start raining from the sky and sow ever more death and destruction.

"No time for words, I guess." Mumbled Trutharchivist. "Let's go, then."

He lifted his staff cautiously, then concentrated. His eyes flashed silver, and suddenly rocks and stones from their surrounding flew toward the tip of his staff, the etching on which stabilizing to one pattern... Then he pointed it at the army, his eyes flashed red, the pattern on the staff changed and the stones flew with amazing force toward the upcoming enemies.

He smiled apologetically. "I'm afraid I can't really do much better."

2 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

The ground erupts under the enemy army and lava burst forth. Wizard's eyes turn to flat black disks and his aura flashes in time with his hook.

Nath stokes the heat of the lava and calls forth mighty winds. Flaming whirlwinds dance among the enemy. As one they cry out. Their vision turns dark and all sound is lost to them. 

“Why did we come here again?” Bryson yelled, but his voice was lost over the sudden tumult.

He pulled out a short staff from inside his coat and began to conjure up stalks of fire and bolts of lightning, but in comparison to the others he wasn’t doing anything.

Echo One's eyes widened as he saw the army, then narrowed angrily. He extended his arms, projecting energy in a spherical shape around the party. A shield formed, translucent blue in color and utterly impenetrable- from both sides. 

"There's no way we can fight that many," he declared.

"Cease!" declared Echo Three. "You're restricting our offense. We will be overwhelmed if they reach us."

"There's a trillion of them! They'll overwhelm us anyways!"

"You don't know that. Turn it off."

"I concur," interjected Five.

"Do we have to fight?" asked Seven softly.

Arrows of light spear dozens of blinded soldiers at a time. Massive hailstones rain from the sky and also crush dozens at a time. Nath summons two blades of light and leaps forward. With unnatural speed and grace he leaps forward. In a flash he is in the heart of the fire and death. Each blow severs limbs and drops bodies in their wake. He is a storm of light and unfettered carnage. Like a raging river he surges through cutting a path through the enemy.

55 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Echo One's eyes widened as he saw the army, then narrowed angrily. He extended his arms, projecting energy in a spherical shape around the party. A shield formed, translucent blue in color and utterly impenetrable- from both sides. 

"There's no way we can fight that many," he declared.

"Cease!" declared Echo Three. "You're restricting our offense. We will be overwhelmed if they reach us."

"There's a trillion of them! They'll overwhelm us anyways!"

"You don't know that. Turn it off."

"I concur," interjected Five.

"Do we have to fight?" asked Seven softly.

"Hmm..." Trutharchivist seemed thoughtful. He stopped his attacks very quickly - nothing he could do was helping much.

He pondered it in his mind. The loss of life was great, but the enemy would kill them if they didn't kill first. And convincing them to not attack was hopeless. But...

"Um... Guys? We aren't that many people. A couple of illusions - paired, perhaps, with a continuing physical attack, perhaps lowered in ferocity - might allow us to get past them without killing them. I mean, if someone will call Fadran back from behind enemy lines."

Lightning strikes the flank of the foes as Wizard summons his axe wielding the axe in right and hook in left. Foes vaporize when touched by the axe or hook and massive explosions rattle flanks of the enemies keeping them from retreating. I kill all these and weep for what they once were and what they could have been.

22 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

"Hmm..." Trutharchivist seemed thoughtful. He stopped his attacks very quickly - nothing he could do was helping much.

He pondered it in his mind. The loss of life was great, but the enemy would kill them if they didn't kill first. And convincing them to not attack was hopeless. But...

"Um... Guys? We aren't that many people. A couple of illusions - paired, perhaps, with a continuing physical attack, perhaps lowered in ferocity - might allow us to get past them without killing them. I mean, if someone will call Fadran back from behind enemy lines."

Echo Six perked up, projecting an image of an explosion in the air.

25 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

The Quarkbeast thought this was a good idea, and ate half of the horde's belt buckles as a distraction.

54 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

“I can maybe conjure an illusion of myself,” Bryson said. “Though not any more than that.”

10 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

“I can maybe conjure an illusion of myself,” Bryson said. “Though not any more than that.”

"I... Have access to illusory magic but... To access it, I have to..."

Trutharchivist concentrated for a moment, then the patterns on his staff changed again, to something twisting and shifting. His eyes glowed with a dim green glow. He mumbled: "It may have no rhyme nor reason to it, but this I must do. Among clouds and fog he shall roam; the Darkness shall be light for him." He stopped mumbling for a moment, turning to Maretyu. "You can still have mercy. Hiding is a better option than slaying, if possible. Please, I implore..." He went back to his mumblings, and mist rose from the ground. Half-images of the members of the party appeared, becoming less transparent with every moment. A sly smile seemed to sneak to Trutharchivist's face.

Wizard/Marethyu pulled out a flute and starts playing. The enemy armies start falling unconcious one by one until all the beasts fall asleep. "You wanted a alternate solution and now you have it. We must quickly go into the next shadowrealm and they will have only the memory of us slaying them." Wizard gestures towards a watery gate that provides a glimpse into a world completely covered in water.

Trutharchivist stopped mumbling, shaking his head. "Oh, the flute!" He said, his eyes changing from green to yellow. "Yes- right- I thought more of what your sister did in Paris- but that'll work, I guess." The illusions disappeared,and the patterns on the staff relaxed. He hurried up behind Marethyu, trying to keep up.

The balance was still somewhat disturbed, he knew, but he could hardly fix it that quickly; he decided he'd deal with that later. Besides, he thought, a few scales didn't kill anyone. Though he tried not to think about the tongue. Or - he shuddered - the fangs.