Endgame is great. Not the best MCU film IMO, nor is it in the top 5 (maybe top 7), but it's easily one of the best franchise finales we've seen. 

In terms of other Marvel stuff...I still need to watch Daredevil Season 3 and catch up on Agents of Shield. I haven't read a Marvel comic in nearly a year...the last one I read was Miles Morales Spider-Man run last June...I honestly think that DC has better comics as a whole right now. But when everyone pays attention to the movies and not much else, it doesn't really matter. 

Endgame is now my favorite movie of all time - it toppled Raiders of the Lost Ark from that position where it had been since I saw it in the theater in 1981 (yes, I really am old). IMO Endgame is that good. Even the soundtrack is superb, and it's a total shame that it wasn't even nominated for All.The.Awards. Silvestri's use of leitmotifs (theme melodies) rivals that of Wagner in his operas, and I understand that's what the Russo brothers asked for. And - anyone else here yell "Yibambe!" along with the Wakandans in the final battle? If my friends were embarrassed, I totally did not care: I saw it 4 times & yelled it every time.

I liked all the MCU movies so far. I've never read any of the comics, so maybe that's why (too busy reading Brandon, LOL!). I don't have TV, so I can't say anything about Agents of Shield or any other shows.

As a film infinity war is better.  As a marvel movie endgame is better. 

43 minutes ago, old aggie said:

about Agents of Shield or any other shows.

It is fine.  Definitely not good or bad.  The only show I can honestly say is good is probably runaways which was excellent if limited.

Edited by Karger

11 hours ago, old aggie said:

I've never read any of the comics, so maybe that's why (too busy reading Brandon, LOL!).

Brian Michael Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man run is really worth checking out, as is the original Young Avengers run. The X-Men run with Mike Carey with art by Chris Bachalo is phenomenal (Renegades, Supernova, Messiah Complex) although I'm far less familiar with anything after that. Bachalo also did the art on my favorite Spider-Man two-shot. That's sort of the problem with Marvel, at least it has been for me in the past 7-8 years or so. I can buy a Marvel comic or series and outside of a few exceptions (Miles Morales: Spider-Man, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, Ms. Marvel), I won't remember anything about it past a few months. DC on the other hand has some great standouts that blaze in my mind for years to come, and despite their age, have already become iconic pars of the DC mythos (Batman's Court of Owls, Damian Wayne to a degree, Aquaman's new styling, etc.). Again, Marvel has had that too, with Kamala Khan and Miles Morales and other, younger heroes as well, but I don't see Marvel successfully breaking new ground as much as DC has (in non-MCU related material). 

11 hours ago, old aggie said:

I don't have TV, so I can't say anything about Agents of Shield or any other shows.

Agents of Shield is a weird thing. I can't recommend the first 75% of Season One, since they were really constrained by the reveal in Winter Soldier. And my usual policy is that if I can't recommend it within the first three episodes, I can't recommend it at all. However, there's always an exception to the rule, and AoS is that exception. During the last 25% of the first season, the show really flourishes. Season 2 is easily the best Season 2 for a superhero show I've ever seen (barely edging out Arrow Season 2). Season 3 is good, but Season's 4 & 5 (I think that's where I stopped) are phenomenal. This show is far from perfect, and goes it off into weird places due to not fully existing in canon because of the movie/tv split, but it's all great fun. 

Daredevil Season One is one of the best superhero shows I've ever watched, and I've watched a LOT. Season Two is just as good for the first half and then falls off the wagon some. I haven't seen Season Three yet, but from what I've heard it's a return to form. Watch this, watch the first half of Luke Cage (it goes downhill after that), and skip the rest of the Defenders shows (Jessica Jones isn't bad, but it's so apathy-inducing you're drained by the time its over; Iron Fist improves as the show goes along, but when you start from the bottom of the barrel you can only go up. Watch Arrow instead if you want to see a blond, rich playboy come back from a mystical land with martial arts powers and bring justice to his streets. The cast is more likable there and the main actor does a better job...and his own stunts; Defenders isn't bad per-se, it's just not that good. The villains aren't engaging at a time in the MCU universe where engaging villains were needed, they wasted perfectly good actors, and the team up aspect of the show did mean much given we'd already had two Avengers movies, dozens of smaller cameos, shows that already involved ensemble casts, and DC's CW shows' annual crossovers for the past 3-4 years - the novelty wasn't novel anymore. And the villain's motive made no sense). Punisher Season One was also pretty dope though. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...