Trails of Cold Steel (and the Kiseki series in general)

Zurvanight

Hajimari? Hajimari is currently Japanese only. Since we're getting CS4 later this year, and we got CS3 last year, it's safe to say that we'll get Hajimari in English next year assuming that it's still NISA doing it. The only case I can see that we don't get it next year is if they do Crossbell first, which now that I think about it is very possible

Edited by aneonfoxtribute

6 hours ago, Eluvianii said:

Wouldn't it be hilarious if they announce a Crossbell localization just when the Geofront version of Ao is finished? 

It'd be funny because it would never happen.

Crossbell will never be localized so long as there is a newer Falcom game to localize. Newer Falcom games will simply be more profitable. Since Falcom releases one new Falcom game per year, and it takes two years for a Falcom game to be localized, any company that localizes Falcom games will never catch up to the latest release. Therefore, Crossbell will never be localized.

If XSEED or NISA had obtained the rights to localize the Crossbell games, then they would have given the Geofront team a tap on the shoulder and told them not to waste their time trying to work on the games.

Not all Falcom games are created equal when it comes to how much effort is required to localize them. Ys games take less time than Kiseki, as can be seen from how Ys IX is coming out in English within a few months of CS4 despite the games being released exactly a year apart in Japan. If NISA has the resources to tackle multiple projects at once, they can work on Crossbell simultaneously with any newer games.

EDIT:

16 hours ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

Hajimari? Hajimari is currently Japanese only. Since we're getting CS4 later this year, and we got CS3 last year, it's safe to say that we'll get Hajimari in English next year assuming that it's still NISA doing it.

I think it's more likely we don't get it until 2022. There's been a two year lag between Japanese release and localization for the Cold Steel games and even if Hajimari is a bit smaller than CS4 I doubt that translates into a radically shorter turnaround time.

Edited by Weltall

So I sent my 65in tv with old man and sis n law a few days ago back with them to H town. Now I’m back also and today I have my nieces bedroom set up so I was able to meet my 4 pm session today yay!

I have beaten the optional palace rooms available. Went and got the party poison resistance accessories and was 2 lvls higher then I was when I 1st entered and got spanked a few days before Hurricane Laura destroyed our lives. Felt great sailing through it!

Afterwards a skit hit.. CS2 Act 1 stuff

A prince or king was in one of Rean’s heartbeat fits. Not hard to connect the dots it’s likely his dad. Of course the adopted son is the son of kings/heirs..standard fantasy cliché. I ll be surprisingly shocked if it goes somewhere else.

<Checks to make sure my popcorn supply is sufficient>

Oh yeah, I'm probably close to two-thirds of the way through Hajimari's Chapter 4 now, being at the Obvious Final Dungeon of a second route having finished the one I started previously. The tension and twists are ratcheting up exponentially and I've already (seemingly) had one of my theories blown away. Fun times. xD

Yay big session so far! FEELS SO GOOD!

CS2 Act 1 stuff

so I got to Gar Fort and was seeing the destruction from my called out in CS1 “nuke/weapon” which was cool and off in the background I see a shield dome up which is what I’m sure Toval was telling Sara about at end of CS1. Crossbell got some swag to their tiny butts. Very interested in seeing their side to this tale.. Then we have Xeno and Leo popping up for some nice frienemies action. They good guys I think/hope. Afterwards I got into some mech fights and got a sword! And then General Daddy Tanks comes rolling in to save the day! And Captain Claire snipes the Mech commander! And then everyone takes shots of Bacardi wait that’s not right.. anyway I finally get control back and I will be exploring this temp base the tanks are using. Man that was a lot to do here. Loved it all though!

Theroy time here: Crow and Rean are siblings. That white hair and pilot bits yay know... besides it’s standard fantasy stuff to do.

Back in Ymir on a free day. Only just now starting today’s session. Bit of a headache so I’m 45 minutes late and likely won’t play long.

Theory time combination of things I remember from CS1 and what I saw the other day on CS2.

I remember Rean having the heartbeat fit when Osborne passed by in his train and they locked eyes. Osborne is Rean and Crows father. I still don’t think he dead.

Getting into some good stuff! CS2 Act 1stuff(it’s long I guess)

after zapping into Nord and doing a few lvl up battles with familiar enemies I stumble upon another Soldat vs tank battle and I immediately realize it’s the old tanks and how bad that means the war is going in area. The General told me what I suspected. I got on my horse and ride towards village where I get set upon by jagers and their battle cats and old boy Gaius comes on his horse to help us. After we on Lake Lacrima where dirty gramps was in self exile and we are to set out to find him, Alisa and Millium.

Great session yesterday.

3 hours ago, Briar King said:

Getting into some good stuff! CS2 Act 1stuff(it’s long I guess)

Hide contents

after zapping into Nord.

CS2 Act 1 Nord

Spoiler

One thing I liked about the war in the Cold Steel series was that the mechas, while obviously superior to the tanks (can travel across terrain that tanks can't, very agile, has arms that can pick up different things, etc), they aren't insurmountable for tanks to take on. Too often in mecha properties like Battletech or Gundam, tanks are just inexplicably unable to do anything to a mecha. Tanks in Trails still have their own advantages over soldats (like being able to lie in wait with a low profile with guns loaded, like as seen here in Nord. They make for good ambushers and snipers. Tanks are also useful for infantry as they can provide cover to hide behind).

New story DLC for Hajimari is out. Looks like it's setting up an interesting subplot for Calvard.

Spoiler

Rean travels to Calvard (don't know the name of the place he's at). He stays at an inn and wakes up in the middle of the night as he is attacked by not one but two different ELOB users who use forms we've never heard of before, then goes back to bed.

We knew that Rean would be traveling to Calvard to meet up with Yun-Ka Fai, who was looking into the Dragon/Septium Veins in Calvard that were drying up and causing desertification, but it looks like that ELOB plot in Calvard will be quite substantial, with Rean dealing with evil ELOB users and rogue disciples. I'm guessing it will be like Zero no Kiseki, where a Sky subplot bled over into Crossbell. Hopefully, unlike Zero, this ELOB subplot won't hijack the ending from the Calvard protagonists. I have more hope for this subplot as it doesn't require emotional investment in characters and relationships you may have not seen before, as the two antagonistic ELOB users are brand new to Calvard. Anelace will probably show up too, as she recently got a redesign.

Hm... now that I think about it, I'm guessing that's bad news for Yun. He'll probably have a nice reunion with Rean and Anelace, and then get struck down by his evil disciples. Rean and Anelace will face off against the two evil ELOB users.

I remember that R&A Intelligence Agency was doing something in Calvard during the Sky games, not sure if they are still there now. Maybe Richard will show up too, idk.

I wonder what the design of Rean's new sword will be (he broke his sword in the fight and says he's going to get a new one). Would be a good chance to freshen up his character design by giving him a different weapon design. Maybe a Chinese sword like a Dao? You don't need to use a katana or a Tachi to use ELOB abilities.

Edited by Val the Moofia Boss

Where is this rusting horse supposed to be at?!!?

ah ok I got it. It turns out I never talked to Sheeda to actually activate the quest even though I got the quest in the Elders notes. 

done now.

Back to fleeing another hurricane so progress will slow way down and even more so then last time as my son is coming and he will want to do GTA 5..

Edited by Briar King

I see CS4 is out 10/27. I believe I ll go ahead and pre order if I get out tonight and grab a card. If not then no big deal I guess. The way things are going I’m unsure if my internet back home will even be up and running yet by then.

Zero chance I ll be done with 2 and 3 by then anyway but I like that $ and I’d hate to miss out but I’ve been happy with series so I’d gladly pay full price once I’m stable and back home.