The Newcago Court

Quiver

The Queen smiled back. "Thank you." She took the bamboo cookie from his hand and put it in her mouth. "I have not had the pleasure of eating bamboo before, but this cookie is most delicious. Thank you."

Edited by Queen Elsa Steelheart

The Panda smiles. "You are most welcome. Now, I have some business to discuss," he says, "if we might go into a private room."

"Of course." She lead the Panda into her study. She sat on the chair behind her desk and motioned for the Panda to sit on the other chair there. "What can I do for you?"

"Well, I've been wanting to discuss the Dark Alley with you. It seems that they, with you, have cornered the market on cookies, allowing no worthy competitors to thrive. Would it be possible to have an alliance between cookie-makers, such as myself and the DA, in which we share our information? For example, I could provide the secret recipe for my tasty, fiber-rich bamboo flour (which you yourself so clearly enjoyed), and the DA could tell me why everyone gets a spike of joy upon eating their cookies. In return for acting as the liaison between me and the DA, you would receive a supply of my bamboo flour large enough for all of Newcago."

The rotund Panda leaned back in his chair and grinned.

"So, what do you think?"

"Well, I've been wanting to discuss the Dark Alley with you. It seems that they, with you, have cornered the market on cookies, allowing no worthy competitors to thrive. Would it be possible to have an alliance between cookie-makers, such as myself and the DA, in which we share our information? For example, I could provide the secret recipe for my tasty, fiber-rich bamboo flour (which you yourself so clearly enjoyed), and the DA could tell me why everyone gets a spike of joy upon eating their cookies. In return for acting as the liaison between me and the DA, you would receive a supply of my bamboo flour large enough for all of Newcago."

The rotund Panda leaned back in his chair and grinned.

"So, what do you think?"

"An excellent idea. I will happily agree to this. Would you like me to sign an alliance document? Or perhaps you would like an endorcement?"

"Either one works for me. As long as it is mentioned that, hereafter, the DA and inexorablePanda have made an alliance and are now partners in spiking the culinary arts, or words to that effect. And now," the Panda says as he pulls a small vial from his waistcoat pocket, "I must ask your advice on one final matter."

Edited by inexorablePanda

"Either one works for me. As long as it is mentioned that, hereafter, the DA and inexorablePanda have made an alliance and are now partners in spiking the culinary arts, or words to that effect. And now," the Panda says as he pulls a small vial from his waistcoat pocket, "I must ask your advice on one final matter."

"It shall be decreed that hereafter, this alliance is valid and approved. Happy to help. What else do you require?"

I will be gone 'til Sunday afternoon; can't wait to continue then.

The Panda yawned deeply and said, "How about I tell you in a later meeting? I need to hibernate on this for a couple days." The Panda loosened his waistcoat and immediately fell asleep in the chair.

I will be gone 'til Sunday afternoon; can't wait to continue then.

The Panda yawned deeply and said, "How about I tell you in a later meeting? I need to hibernate on this for a couple days." The Panda loosened his waistcoat and immediately fell asleep in the chair.

Okay, Can't wait to continue when you get back :)

"Okay." The Queen replied, but the Panda was already in a deep sleep. She turned and rung the servant bell, and two guards came and carried the Panda to a nearby bed chamber in the castle.

The next morning, the Panda traveled to the Dark Alley to proffer his request of an alliance. No one was at the Dark Alley in the morning, and frankly, it wasn't that Dark. He suddenly remembered that the Queen didn't know he was gone! He had left before the Queen arose. The Panda immediately began to go back to Newcago, determined to fix this breach if etiquette.

The next morning, the Panda traveled to the Dark Alley to proffer his request of an alliance. No one was at the Dark Alley in the morning, and frankly, it wasn't that Dark. He suddenly remembered that the Queen didn't know he was gone! He had left before the Queen arose. The Panda immediately began to go back to Newcago, determined to fix this breach if etiquette.

(Also, Welcome Back! :))

The Queen arose, woken by her servants and returned to the throne room in her ice dress and tiara. She took her place on the steel icy throne and saw the Panda come back in. "Good Morning, Panda!" she said smiling. "How was your hibernation?"

"It was excellent," the Panda said. I would like to apologize for my unexcused absence. I completely forgot about the other matter we were about to discuss. As regards that, I actually am going to have wait before I talk about it with you. Suffice it to say, it involves a new guild...once again, I thank you for your help in regards to the Dark Alley. I have extended an offer of friendship to them, and I have every hope that it will be accepted. Your help was much appreciated." The Panda bowed.

"It was excellent," the Panda said. I would like to apologize for my unexcused absence. I completely forgot about the other matter we were about to discuss. As regards that, I actually am going to have wait before I talk about it with you. Suffice it to say, it involves a new guild...once again, I thank you for your help in regards to the Dark Alley. I have extended an offer of friendship to them, and I have every hope that it will be accepted. Your help was much appreciated." The Panda bowed.

"I had not arose yet when you were absent so that is fine. You are most welcome, Happy to help." She smiled. "What are queens for?"  She smiled and then nodded at the Panda's bow.

The Panda straightened and said, "Thank you for your hospitality and I hope to return to Newcago soon. Please, take this freshly brewed root beer as a symbol of our friendship."

"You are most welcome. I hope to see you in Newcago again soon, you are always welcome here. Thank you for the root beer. Would you like a glass?" She poured herself a glass.

"Yes. I propose a toast to Newcago! May it's prosperity be long and, uh,...prosperous!" Glasses clinked. The Panda and the Queen drank deeply.

Yay, one full week on 17s and 101 upvotes!

"Agreed. This root beer is amazing. Thank you."

(Congrats on getting 101 up votes in a week! :))

"Uh...probably the Root Beer Guild...it's pretty simple. But first, I must come up with a general recruiting message to advertise, and those take time. So what are your plans for Newcago right now?" the Panda asked.

"I was thinking of something like the Root Beer Rulers or The Root Beer Race. :)

Newcago Court isn't doing much right now. I might throw another ball soon but I'm thinking of maybe doing a Newcagoan winter sports event or something. Still thinking. I would love to hear some ideas if you have some."

(I just hit 300 rep points without realising :D)

"How did the last ball go? Did you have many attendees?"

Nice! I think I put you over...

"It was one of the best ball I've ever thrown. It lasted three and a half pages and went for at least three or two weeks. I might throw one at the beginning of March or earlier. A inter clan ice hockey match could be fun. What do you think?"

Same here :D

"Ice hockey is hard for a Panda with my girth, but I can dancer,in fact, I love dancing!"

"A interclan dance off it is. Care to compete?" She smiled. She hadn't danced in years. Even at her own coronation.