Silk

Email List and Submission Dates

3,240 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Sarah B said:

I've got a weird longish-short story, right now clocking in about 8,000 words. So, maybe one this week and one next? Unless there are no other takers for next week and the group would prefer it in one go? 

I'm fine with the whole thing, as long as no one else want to go for next week. Between the two of us, that would take up 4 slots.

@Mandamon @Sarah B It looks likely to be another quiet week, so I think that's fine. Let's drop back to one each if anyone else lets us know today they want to submit though.

1 minute ago, Silk said:

@Mandamon @Sarah B It looks likely to be another quiet week, so I think that's fine. Let's drop back to one each if anyone else lets us know today they want to submit though.

Works for me!

5 hours ago, Silk said:

Sounds good. I'll check back before I send anything out. Thanks!

Actually within the word limit this time! I'd like to submit the rest of part 10 on the 9th.

Looks Iike we have @Mandamon for this week. Four slots left - any other takers? 

Incidentally, I’m going to be slow on critiquing for a while as I’m currently without a computer (there, uh, may have been an unfortunate incident with an overturned glass of water). This includes the stuff from last week which I’m only partially through. Sorry folks! 

Well, I have another 9000 word chapter. If not one else is going next week, anyone mind if I take two slots again on the 16th?

4 hours ago, Mandamon said:

Well, I have another 9000 word chapter. If not one else is going next week, anyone mind if I take two slots again on the 16th?

I'm game :-)

17 hours ago, Mandamon said:

I'm excited for it!

So far pretty quiet, so it looks like we have @Mandamon with two slots this week. Three slots left - any other takers?

Alright, I've got the last section of Mycelium ready for next week! This one is about 6000 words, but finishes off the book, if people don't mind. I've got some great insights so far, and I know where a lot of sections need to be beefed up. Thanks everyone for reading!

On 5/20/2022 at 6:21 AM, Mandamon said:

Alright, I've got the last section of Mycelium ready for next week! This one is about 6000 words, but finishes off the book, if people don't mind. I've got some great insights so far, and I know where a lot of sections need to be beefed up. Thanks everyone for reading!

Congrats on the last sub!

Any other takers for this week?

(Sorry for the late reply; apparently I only hallucinated hitting the "submit" button this morning...)

This is a kind of late reply, but I'd be happy to submit my first thing since there's so many empty slots. It's my first week though so maybe I should wait a bit before I submit?

Please advise...

If nobody replies, I'll just wait until later to submit stuff. :) 

Edited by Bondsmith-Edgedancer

11 hours ago, Bondsmith-Edgedancer said:

This is a kind of late reply, but I'd be happy to submit my first thing since there's so many empty slots. It's my first week though so maybe I should wait a bit before I submit?

Please advise...

I don't see a problem with it.

@Silk

16 hours ago, Bondsmith-Edgedancer said:

Please advise...

Yep, it's quiet this week, so if you're comfortable jumping in go right ahead.