Email List and Submission Dates

Silk

11 hours ago, Bondsmith-Edgedancer said:

This is a kind of late reply, but I'd be happy to submit my first thing since there's so many empty slots. It's my first week though so maybe I should wait a bit before I submit?

Please advise...

If nobody replies, I'll just wait until later to submit stuff. :) 

I don't see a problem with it.

@Silk

16 hours ago, Bondsmith-Edgedancer said:

This is a kind of late reply, but I'd be happy to submit my first thing since there's so many empty slots. It's my first week though so maybe I should wait a bit before I submit?

Please advise...

If nobody replies, I'll just wait until later to submit stuff. :) 

Yep, it's quiet this week, so if you're comfortable jumping in go right ahead.

2 hours ago, Bondsmith-Edgedancer said:

Hey, could I have 1-2 slots this week for submission?

We usually only do multiple slots if someone is working towards a professional deadline (contest/submissions deadline, publication schedule, etc) because we find that giving people a breather during the quiet times is important. But you can certainly have one!

Edited by Silk

Sounds good, I just figured since I was literally the only person submitting at the moment, and I have written the entire thing (it's easier to change stuff if you already have the first draft written) it might be fine. 

I'll keep to one though for the time being though if that's what you prefer. :) 

All right! Any takers for this week?

By the way, sorry I've not gotten to last week's submission yet. I'm staring down the barrel of a couple important deadlines that mean I probably won't be able to pick up critiquing again until middle of next week or so, but I do plan on catching back up.

Edited by Silk

It's been a quiet couple of weeks! Any takers for tomorrow?

(Still behind on crits, still planning on catching up in the very near future, well before I start submitting my own stuff in July...)

Not this week, but I will be hoping to jump back in a few weeks from now.  Used some of covid-quarantine to work on a short story, but it's not quite done yet. 

Hoping that telling people I'm finishing it up will get me to buckle down to get the last part of it together. :P 

9 hours ago, C_Vallion said:

Not this week, but I will be hoping to jump back in a few weeks from now.  Used some of covid-quarantine to work on a short story, but it's not quite done yet. 

Hoping that telling people I'm finishing it up will get me to buckle down to get the last part of it together. :P 

Hah. This is a familiar strategy.

Well, folks, I'll be traveling the next two Sundays, and completely off-grid in between said Sundays to attend the Writing Excuses retreat at Capitol Reef, so I won't be able to check the forums. Govern thyselves accordingly! Hopefully you won't need to do too much shuffling to figure out submissions ;)

4 hours ago, Silk said:

Well, folks, I'll be traveling the next two Sundays, and completely off-grid in between said Sundays to attend the Writing Excuses retreat at Capitol Reef, so I won't be able to check the forums. Govern thyselves accordingly! Hopefully you won't need to do too much shuffling to figure out submissions ;)

So I assume that means that this is the week ten people will want to submit :lol:

I'm sure we will manage to keep ourselves in order for a couple weeks. Enjoy your time away! 

2 hours ago, C_Vallion said:

So I assume that means that this is the week ten people will want to submit :lol:

I'm sure we will manage to keep ourselves in order for a couple weeks. Enjoy your time away! 

This is how it works!

Thanks! I'm looking forward to it and will report back.

14 hours ago, Warmacky said:

I've got a first chapter of a new story I wrote this week that I would love to share and get feedback on.  Let me know if anyone has any issues with that!

You should be okay to submit. Tagging @Robinski on this as he's been the Keeper of the Approval in weeks past when Silk has been out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The quiet streak continues! Anyone up for a submission today?

I hope to have something to submit myself soonish, but will be a few weeks depending on how other projects go...

• 2 weeks later...

It's so quiet here! Maybe I can shake things up. I'd like to submit next Monday, August 15th. And if it's only me I'd love to do a double sub if possible. Time to kick my new book into high gear.

On 8/8/2022 at 11:42 AM, kais said:

It's so quiet here! Maybe I can shake things up. I'd like to submit next Monday, August 15th. And if it's only me I'd love to do a double sub if possible. Time to kick my new book into high gear.

I might be a bit late reading, but given it's been so quiet here, I say do it!