If you could choose to transform into one cosmere character, who would you pick?

Quickbronze

Rules: 

-You still have your own mind, but with some characteristics of the original character tagged onto you 

-You can transform into that character and back into yourself whenever you please

-I'm not talking about living out the story of that character, just having some of their characteristics 

I would pick Nightblood 

Because what's more awesome than being a huge, evil-destroying, sentient sword?

The problem with that is I can't really do much on my own 

But Nightblood is really cool 
Barring Nightblood, I'd probably go Elend or Wax.

Edited by Quickbronze

For sure picking Lopen. I have one armed Herdazian jokes for days. 

Plus, next to sociopath Kelsier and slightly insane Hoid, Lopen seems to have the most fun despite the world falling apart around him. A lot of characters in a lot of books usually put on the confident facade in the face of sadness or chaos, but it's just an act to cover up what ever insecurities they may have. Not the case for The Lopen. 

That's a hard question, but your rules make it easier for me. I don't think I'd be a good man, so that leaves the female characters. And out them the choice is between Shai and Vivenna, because I have a great respect for both of them. Vin is cool, but she is nobody I would want to become.

In the end I'd pick Shai.
The bad eyesight is a minus, but she has a good heart and her personalitly would fit me well.
I like that she is clever and never gives up, even when the odds are against her. And since I would life my own life, the chances that I get in a fight and be at a disadvantage are slim.

Hard question... uh... Sazed? Pre-harmony, that is. I'm pretty chill, and kinda wish I could remeber a lot. My only problem with Lift would be a gender change, but if i stayed male, Lift would be good too. Spontaneous with a good heart. Hoid is good too. Or maybe TenSoon. A Kandra would be interesting as well.

Edited by Inklingspren

Well if I was to choose based off of powers alone I would say Lord Ruler all day everyday.

Now if we are talking about people I would want to be? Dalinar hands down. By the end of Oathbringer I can honestly say that he is my favorite Fictional character tied with Prince Zuko from the Last Airbender. Everything about his story and who he becomes by the end of OB is some of the best character development I have ever seen. I resonate most with who he is and his story.  “I will take responsibility for what I have done,” Dalinar whispered. “If I must fall, I will rise each time a better man.” “The most important step a man can take. It's not the first one, is it? It's the next one. Always the next step, Dalinar.” Yeah he's the best :D

Huh i pick the Lord Ruler as well. 

His position in life and well he is completely unchallenged(in terms of combat and many things) has access wealth of all Scadrial. Lets just not dive to the moralistic implications of being the Lord Ruler but he sounds like he has the best life ever.

TenSoon. That way I could become ANY of the characters I wanted to (provided somebody murdered them and gave me their bones first) :P

J/K. If you want a serious answer... that's tough. Kaladin or Szeth would be cool because flying, but they both bring a bunch of emotional baggage that I don't want any part of. 

In the end I think I'd probably pick Susebron (as of the end of Warbreaker), just to experience life with all of that Breath and to have fun experimenting with Awakening. And Siri seems like the kind of girl I wouldn't mind spending time with. ;)

I'm a guy, but I think Shallan has the coolest resonant power (the mental snapshot ability) and that lightweaving is an amazing powerset.

The OP says that you can transform into the character and back again whenever you want, so as long as the ability to keep the mental snapshot persists when I have transformed back to myself I would totally pick Shallan just for the snapshot power.

If the snapshot didn't persist after transforming back to myself, then to avoid the complications of her precarious mental state (I love her as a character, but I wouldn't necessarily want to live her struggles), I would pick Arclo, based on the fact that you can transform back and forth at will. It would be incredibly interesting to experience distributed consciousness like Arclo does, probably the most different experience you could get.

Edited by hoiditthroughthegrapevine

• Chaos locked this topic