Lightweaver Foundation?

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/20/2018 at 3:03 AM, The Harlem Worldhoppers said:

Well this ruins my head canon that the purpose of the foundation is to give Shallan some much needed therapy :D 

Oh my storms, please. I think the entire “SKA: Is it Resolved?” thread would rally to your cause.

• 3 weeks later...

I have finally managed to get a hold of one of the directors of The Lightweaver Foundation to ask if it was alright that I post what information I have on The Lightweaver Foundation.

This is her response:

Dear Sharon,

Thank you for reaching out to me. I am so glad to hear when people are excited about The Lightweaver Foundation. 

Currently, The Lightweaver Foundation, is not accepting donations. I would ask that you do not promote the foundation or encourage donations to us at this time. 

There are a couple of reasons for this:

1. Brandon started The Lightweaver Foundation for personal reasons and his vision for the foundation does not involve a lot of promotion. Out of respect for him we have not advertised or done any fundraising.  

2. For legal reasons we ask that all donations and write ups are promoted by our in house team as we are still developing all the aspects of The Lightweaver Foundation and its 501c3 status.  If you have created any sort of donation page we do ask that this is removed as any donations have to be managed by our team. 

3. We are currently working on a website for The Lightweaver Foundation. We are so excited to share more about the foundation and offer a way for fans to donate but again ask that this is done through our in house team. 

I really appreciate your enthusiasm in regards to making fans more aware of the great things Brandon and The Lightweaver Foundation have contributed since the foundation was organized. We are very excited to be able to grow the foundation and share what we have been doing when it is the right time. 

Thank you again for taking the time to write me. We will soon be releasing the website for The Lightweaver Foundation and when ready Brandon will do an official announcement. 
Edited by Thousandarms97

Per the wishes of The Lightweaver Foundation, I have removed the donation link.

And just to be clear, no, I didn't create the donation page. I only found it online.

This is the little I managed to find online about causes that The Lightweaver Foundation has supported in the past:

1. The Lightweaver Foundation has donated to the Ronald McDonald House Charities in the Intermountain Area

2. The Lightweaver Foundation is one of the sponsors of the Provo Girls Summit, an event where girls could meet women from a variety of professions, where they could ask questions, make connections, and see successful models of women in many different lines of work.

3. Also, in 2017, The Lightweaver Foundation completely renovated the former children’s playroom, located at the downtown Salt Lake Community Resource Center, into a women's library for single women who are currently experiencing homelessness in the area.

4. The Lightweaver Foundation has funneled funds to Patrick Rothfuss's Worldbuilders.org, and I believe Worldbuilders.org supports organizations like Heifer International.

5. With regards to higher education, The Lightweaver Foundation has donated between $50,000 to $249,999 to the Utah Valley University Foundation since 2016.

Edited by Thousandarms97

@Mestiv Yes it is indeed that awesome; have a look at the statement given to me by one of the Lightweaver Foundation's Directors yesterday morning and this is what she had to add in addition to the initial statement she had given me:

"At some point Brandon will ask for fans to partner with him to donate for a certain cause but he wants to make sure the money is actually funneled to the charity or project intended by the donation."

Edited by Thousandarms97

@Wyndlerunner

I don't see it as just "another library": https://www.theroadhome.org/blog/?p=964

"One of the biggest projects at our downtown Salt Lake Community Resource Center was the opening of our new women’s library! Brandon Sanderson and his Lightweaver Foundation completely renovated the former children’s playroom – and made it into a calming and user-friendly library for the single adults who are experiencing homelessness downtown. The women have reported increasing their literacy, giving them something fun to do during the day, and having a good, quiet space to relax. It is heartwarming to see lives having been positively impacted by this project, and we are incredibly grateful for this new space!" 

Edited by Thousandarms97

• Chaos locked this topic