San Francisco WoR Signing

bartbug

Teccam,  At the last signing I had him sign my Kindle and other books not bought at the bookstore.  I did however buy an unrelated book (different author) from the store as a way of thanking the store for hosting Brandon.  I would have bought a Brandon book but I owned them all!

Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to go to the signing after all. I'm having a bit of a health issue and it's probably for the best that I stay home.

Darn, I was really looking forward to going and meeting you guys. Please give Brandon my best.

Thanks Limelleth and karaokeang. My concerns have been assuaged. Now it's just a matter of getting out to the City. I think I can do it, though it's a bit of a trek for me, and it'll be the third time going out there this week. I'm thinking about taking a question or two from this post by Moogle from a couple weeks ago. Any thoughts?

Edited by Teccam

I like that idea Teccam.

I still think we need a place to keep track of what questions are unanswered and which are recently answered. I think a google doc will be fine for now, although I might code something up in the future. I've created one for our SF signing at least: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XKRXWDJ-D-7Vz2-lVNtdOz-Nmhx5JkkYnP4FLIHunqA/edit?usp=sharing

Please share the answers on the doc. And perhaps we should also "claim" questions so that we don't ask the same ones twice?

HUGE Words of Radiance spoilers in these questions.

1. Is Zahel Vasher?

2. Is that the Nightblood from Warbreaker?

3. Is the Terriswoman in this book?

4. Have we seen Darkness in any non SA books?

5. Is Vivenna on Roshar, as well?

6. When does Nightblood and Warbreaker take place in relation to WoR?

7. Does Demoux have some Atium on him?

8. In WoR, do we see anyone with a Spike?

9. How did Vasher lose Nightblood?

10. Does Stormlight fulfill Vasher's need for Breaths?

11. How do you access shadesmar on Nalthis?

12. Does Hoid know about Vasher?

13. Is Nightblood a Shardblade when he's on Roshar, but an Awakened when on Nalthis?

14. Is the vial of sand from White Sand?

15. Will other planets get these types of spotlights in SA?

16. Would Syl have a problem with him wearing Adolin's Shardplate?

17. Is Nightblood more Invested than an Honorblade?

18. How long have you planned this "crossover"?

19. What's the next SA title?

20. When Hoid first meets Shallan, does he burn metals?

Edited by Chaos

Eh, since this is a Words of Radiance tour, spoilery questions about this book are frowned upon. He won't answer any of those in the general Q&A, and asking them when you go for signing / personalization runs the risk of spoiling the book for somebody behind you in the line. Let's all be careful about those things (for example, by writing the questions down and asking for a short written response?)

New questions, all from Words of Radiance.

Heh, I made my own spoiler tags.

Ahem.

I have a few new questions.

1. Is Mraize a worldhopper?

2. Is there a Terrisman among the soldiers at the end of the book?

3. Is Iyatil a Terriswoman?

4. Was Helaran a fully sworn Skybreaker?

5. Is Nalan actually killing the people he hunts, or is he just using his Shardblade to break the spren bonds before restoring them to life?

Edited by bartbug

Ugh, I'm still waiting for Barnes & Noble to send me my copy! I haven't even received confirmation that it shipped yet, and when I preordered it I thought I was getting day one shipping. I might just have to pick up a copy in the City and have a spare on hand to give to a friend or something....

I saw that Talenelat recorded audio at the San Diego signing today. Is anyone planning on recording the signing tomorrow? If not, and if I'm able to make it out there, I definitely will record it (Brandon permitting). Though I'll probably not listen to it myself until after I've read the book, to be safe.

EDIT: It's looking like I probably won't be able to make it out tonight after all. I'm trying to make it happen, but maybe someone else will be able to record it to be safe?

Edited by Teccam

Hej guys. I've been away from this site for a very long time, now hopefully coming back in force when I'll have read WoR. I'll go to the signing tonight. I have no experience at all, though I'll try to get the most information possible out of it. Don't have an audio recorder, just a camera though. Don't know if filming is ok, probably not :)

Hej guys. I've been away from this site for a very long time, now hopefully coming back in force when I'll have read WoR. I'll go to the signing tonight. I have no experience at all, though I'll try to get the most information possible out of it. Don't have an audio recorder, just a camera though. Don't know if filming is ok, probably not :)

Most cell phones have a voice memo utility these days. And it should continue to record even while your phone is asleep. If you charge your phone and ask for permission to record before the session starts, Brandon will likely permit you to set your phone on the desk for the duration of the event.

Most cell phones have a voice memo utility these days. And it should continue to record even while your phone is asleep. If you charge your phone and ask for permission to record before the session starts, Brandon will likely permit you to set your phone on the desk for the duration of the event.

Oh yes, I didn't even think about that. I should have a voice memo function in my phone :) I'll try to do that

although I was unable to make it to the convention for health reasons, my good friend Anaroth85 asked one of my questions for me:

"During the Final Empire Era, had anyone on Scadrial, particularly Sazed, Tindwyl, or Elend, read The Way of Kings?"

The answer was no. However, another world already has and other worlds we haven't seen yet as well.

Thanks Anaroth!

I have the Q&A too, though apart from that WoK-question, the rest was mostly usual stuff like the working title of Stormlight 3.

The exact WoK-question and answer was:

Q: Has anybody read the WoK on any other world, particularly Sazed, Elend or [unaudible due to laughter]?

A: "The Way of Kings as a novel is known off-world, but not on any of the planets you mentioned. At least not currently."

My question at the signing was:

Q: On the planets in the Cosmere, we've seen so far, do all of the humans have Innate Investiture?

A: He said that we hadn't yet seen the planet, where the humans don't have it, so yes, the humans we've seen have Innate Investiture. He was explicit about Scadrial and confirmed that drabs on Nalthis don't have Innate Investiture. Rosharians have it.

Q: As to the Innate Investiture on Roshar, which Shard is it from

A: RAFO

Interesting parts (at leats in my opinion): There is a planet in the Cosmere where humans don't have Innate Investiture. And: humans on Sel have Innate Investiture.

I'll get to you if there is some other interesting point on my record.

Edited by Telcontar

When I talked to him I asked him when we would get Hoid's books. He said after the Stormlight series, hoid will get his 3 prequel books, and the other three of hoids are the final three mistborn books.

And he said the next 3 main story mistborn books will be after the first 5 stormlight.

Firstly, welcome back Telcontar! I did a double take when I saw your name on the recent posts.

A quick question. What did he say is the working title of Stormlight 3? I've heard Stones Unhallowed (my favorite) and Skybreaker, but there have been hints that there may be a new one. Did he say anything different?

Hmm. I now wonder what exactly the Stormfather means when he calls Kaladin "child of Honor." Is he referring to Kaladin's Surgebinding abilities, or the fact that he is human and therefore - of Honor ('s Investiture)? I had been assuming the former, but I now find the latter just as likely.