Jasher

Lwarch

Given that this involves non-Warbreaker material, spoil-tagged:

Brandon has RAFO'd giving details but he has said that there's something that was difficult to acquire on Nalthis that's easier to get on Roshar (here). Although this was fairly obvious, other WoB's confirm that Vasher can consume Stormlight to survive in place of consuming stored Breath (though he doesn't know how to fuel Awakening with it) which makes it very obvious what that 'something' is. Also, we know that Vasher and Nightblood arrived on Roshar together.

Edit: Ahh, turns out there's another WoB where he makes it explicit that Vasher is there for the Stormlight.

Edited by Weltall

On 3/17/2017 at 5:50 AM, Darkness Ascendant said:

JASNAH-VASHER

AHA.

I imagine they'd be a grumpier, less devout version of Geranid and Ashir. Scholarly couples are the best! *ships*

9 hours ago, Figberts said:

I'm pretty sure Sanderson said that Vashar is Zahel.

You are correct. I would've waited for @Lwarch to discover it on his own, but I guess enlightening him now is also cool. :)

Edited by skaa

• 1 month later...
On 3/16/2017 at 10:19 PM, Weltall said:

Given that this involves non-Warbreaker material, spoil-tagged:

Hide contents

Brandon has RAFO'd giving details but he has said that there's something that was difficult to acquire on Nalthis that's easier to get on Roshar (here). Although this was fairly obvious, other WoB's confirm that Vasher can consume Stormlight to survive in place of consuming stored Breath (though he doesn't know how to fuel Awakening with it) which makes it very obvious what that 'something' is. Also, we know that Vasher and Nightblood arrived on Roshar together.

Edit: Ahh, turns out there's another WoB where he makes it explicit that Vasher is there for the Stormlight.

Ohhhh so that's how he survives!

I read SA before Warbreaker so I'm missing a lot of things now :D

• 1 month later...
On 17/03/2017 at 0:46 AM, king of nowhere said:

So I'm not the only one who, upon reading the thread title, tought it was about shipping the two characters...

Same! And I HOPED it was, I really hope to see some kind of interaction between the two scholars, shipping or not XD

• 2 weeks later...

My biggest question is how Vasher/Zahel and Nightblood got separated once on Roshar. WoR spoilers and questions:

Spoiler

Was Nale/Nin/whatever the first one to have Nightblood after Vasher? Maybe some of his twisted sense of justice made him feel like a sword like that needed to be with the Skybreakers. This is all just speculation though.

Also, was Zahel also Adolin's teacher? I cant remember that for sure, but if so then he's been on Roshar at least like 10 years.

Also I think Vasher and Jasnah would be hilarious, but I think (WoR and WoT spoilers)

Spoiler

Jasnah and Wit would be even funnier. Reminds me of Thom and Moiraine in WoT. XD

(not sure all the rules on spoilers yet, so I figured better be safe than sorry)

Edited by Taliax
deleting random nonsense words

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2017 at 1:08 PM, Taliax said:

My biggest question is how Vasher/Zahel and Nightblood got separated once on Roshar.

They had a "falling out." Speculation flies regarding this revelation, but I imagine that the details of the split will be explained in the Warbreaker Sequel, currently named "Nightblood." Meaning that I believe the separation happened on Nalthis.

If I were a betting man I would say that...

Spoiler

perhaps this place which spawned the idea of nightblood brought up memories and guilt over Shashara which he could not deal with while in possession of the blase that caused her death so he got rid of it. 

• Chaos locked this topic