Glyphs for Profiles

Awesomeness Summoned

Yeah, after reading the epigraphs from WoR I changed it to that because it's what they called themselves. It also sounds like they dislike the name Dustbringers. Argent's arguments in favor of keeping it as Dustbingers has actually swayed me back to that name but I haven't taken the effort to rename them again. They are both names for the same group so doesn't matter too much.

Here are all the steel alphabet symbols from Alloy of Law. Nothing special, just the simple glyphs for if anyone wants to use them for something:

Iron          --         Steel                    Tin         --        Pewter                     Zinc      --       Brass

AoL_Iron_small.png AoL_Steel_small.png       AoL_Tin_small.png AoL_Pewter_small.png     AoL_Zinc_small.png AoL_Brass_small.png

Copper       --      Bronze                Cadmium     --      Bendalloy                  Gold      --     Electrum

AoL_Copper_small.png AoL_Bronze_small.png     AoL_Cadmium_small.png AoL_Bendalloy_small.png    AoL_Gold_small.png AoL_Electrum_small.png

Chromium     --     Nicrosil                Aluminum   --    Duralumin                  Atium      --      Malatium

AoL_Chromium_small.png AoL_Nicrosil_small.png     AoL_Aluminum_small.png AoL_Duralumin_small.png    AoL_Atium_small.png AoL_Malatium_small.png  

Lerasium

AoL_Lerasium_small.png

Thanks, but I was wondering more where the arguments you had at keeping it as Dustbringers were. Was it a thread?

Hey, Awesomeness, would you mind doing the individual parts of the bridge four tattoos? As in, the freedom part, the Kholin part, the numbers, and the other part that I know I'm forgetting.

Here are all the steel alphabet symbols from Alloy of Law. Nothing special, just the simple glyphs for if anyone wants to use them for something:

Iron          --         Steel                    Tin         --        Pewter                     Zinc      --       Brass

AoL_Iron_small.png AoL_Steel_small.png       AoL_Tin_small.png AoL_Pewter_small.png     AoL_Zinc_small.png AoL_Brass_small.png

Copper       --      Bronze                Cadmium     --      Bendalloy                  Gold      --     Electrum

AoL_Copper_small.png AoL_Bronze_small.png     AoL_Cadmium_small.png AoL_Bendalloy_small.png    AoL_Gold_small.png AoL_Electrum_small.png

Chromium     --     Nicrosil                Aluminum   --    Duralumin                  Atium      --      Malatium

AoL_Chromium_small.png AoL_Nicrosil_small.png     AoL_Aluminum_small.png AoL_Duralumin_small.png    AoL_Atium_small.png AoL_Malatium_small.png  

Lerasium

AoL_Lerasium_small.png

Do you happen to have svgs of these you could upload to the wiki? (nice job by the way)

Thanks, but I was wondering more where the arguments you had at keeping it as Dustbringers were. Was it a thread?

Hey, Awesomeness, would you mind doing the individual parts of the bridge four tattoos? As in, the freedom part, the Kholin part, the numbers, and the other part that I know I'm forgetting.

Oh, I don't know, I don't even remember making this argument :D

Here you go (Clicking the image is the large png and the hyperlink is the svg vector):

Bridge 4 Tattoo              Freedom              Bridge 4

Bridge4_Tattoos_small.png  Freedom_small.png  Bridge-4-Glyph_small.png

Kholin              Tanat                  Year 1173

Kholin_small.png Tanat_small.png      Year-1173_small.png

My original work on Kaladin's slave glyphs was pulled from the pictures of the hat from the apparel website which wasn't the best source for them. The artwork from inside the book is much cleaner so I remade those traces.

Kaladin's Slave Brand          Sas               Nahn               Shash

rsz_kaladins_brands.png          rsz_kaladins_brand_2.png     rsz_kaladins_brand_3.png   rsz_kaladins_brand_1.png

Edited by Awesomeness Summoned

I want to change my avatar to the castle guy chalkling, but I just am having a hard time parting with my current one. :P

These are awesome though. I want to make these into decals for my car and motorcycle. I wish Brandon's site offered a decal of Kaladin's glyphs so I could put them on the forehead of my helmet.

So this work doesn't exactly fit the overall topic for this thread but I'm used to posting all my work in here so am just gonna go with it.

I've been improving my photoshop/illustrator tracing techniques since I started copying all the various cosmere artwork for use on the 17s and the coppermind but have never done much with fully shaded and colored vectors. I Decided to start attempting to learn some of those techniques and chose the picture of the whitespine in Shallan's sketchbook, originally drawn by the amazingly talented Ben McSweeney (inkthinker on here).

thumbs_WoR_SKETCHBOOK-WHITESP_fmt.jpeg

I'm essentially learning how to do this stuff just by trial and error so I am more than open to suggestions from the very talented artists in here who have much more experience in this area than myself. The shading and coloring are also by no means done completely from scratch. I have nowhere near enough talent for that yet. I'm just trying to work out some of the basic principles so I pulled heavily from the original work and just manipulated it a bit.

Here is the Line Art I first traced from the sketches:

Whitespine_Lines_small.png

If you'd like an SVG vector file of that to mess with click HERE

Here is what it looked like after playing around with the shading and colors:

Whitespine_2_small.png

And the vector file for that as well is HERE

Edited by Awesomeness Summoned

Continuing my foray into line art coloring and shading, here is Gavilar's shardplate holding Firestorm (his shardblade).

The original art from which the tracings were done:

WoR_SKETCHBOOK-DUELING_fmt.jpeg

The Line tracings (for an SVG file, click HERE):

Gavilar_Lines_small.png

Gavilar's plate was described as being painted blue with gold trimming. Adding gold trimming is beyond my talents at the moment (especially the wings that are supposed to be on the helmet), so I did a slight various on that color scheme.

Gavilar_Blues_small.png

It's not true to the actual color but I wanted to play around with the flame design of the blade with some reds and yellows. It didn't match the plate anymore so I colored the plate to match. Yes, I know it turned out looking like iron man after that. Oh well.

Gavilar_Red_small.png

If you have any better suggestions on how to do the coloring, let me know.

I've already posted these in other threads to get opinions on meaning/names for them but I'll go ahead and put them in here as well since this is kind of my official graphic design thread for cosmere related material. As always, clicking the picture links to the high quality png file and the hyperlink connects to an svg vector file.

One of the art pages in WoR had some fighting moves with Alethi glyphs describing the actions. For reference, here is the art page:

Fighting-Stance-Stamp.png

We have also been long overdue for high quality renditions of the Herald symbols so I traced the images of them that were imprinted on the introductory pages for each Part in tWoK and WoR.

Kak                   Honorblades_Kak_small.png

Does anyone else think that the bottom glyph from the WoR picture looks like it could be the base glyph for Kak's honorblade glyph? It has been said several times that unless you know what you're looking for it can be difficult to identify the original glyph in the stylized one. Maybe I'm wrong, but this just looks similar enough that it might be.

Does anyone else think that the bottom glyph from the WoR picture looks like it could be the base glyph for Kak's honorblade glyph? It has been said several times that unless you know what you're looking for it can be difficult to identify the original glyph in the stylized one. Maybe I'm wrong, but this just looks similar enough that it might be.

You might be right, but in my opinion, it looks closer to Paliah's than Kalak's. Though at first glance, I thought it was rather Nale's, so what do I know.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so its been a while since I made any new icons. Partly because this is a crazy time of year for my work but also because I'm a little stumped on new designs I can make. I need something creative to work on when I take breaks from the daily grind so anyone have any suggestions or requests?