12 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Sure, but why would he want to? The internet has collapsed, along with most other forms of long-distance communication, and Salem, Oregon isn't the most world renowned city even now. How did he hear about Salem, and what made it more attractive to him than anything Europe or Africa had to offer?

Soul caster is a fairly unique epic, and besides, where was lady deathskull from? And the fact that he can die without dying and in doing so practice some moves that would almost definitely kill someone unless done perfectly? Also, people can still text other people with mobiles. Since the technology exists, surely someone has a communication link between Greece and America, even if it's just two vanillas who miss each other. That would probably end in someone leaking said information, not to mention all the epics who will worry that an even more powerful epic might come from across the sea. Why on earth do none of the epics fear that? I mean, the powerful ones like Steelheart make sense, but what about the lesser epics that rule lesser cities? Why don't they fear each other? It doesn't make much sense to me, unless...hmmm...

Edited by ShadowLord_Lith

9 hours ago, Voidus said:

Soulcaster can't read minds in the Dreamstate, pretty much his only limitation there is the minds of the people he brings with him. Their minds are brought to the astral plane but they're not a part of it. So no seeing memories, no seeing the future of people, no mind control. He can manipulate the bodies the minds are attached to there but not the minds themselves.
Otherwise he'd have just brainwashed everyone who entered there and he'd be the most powerful Epic in the world :P

As for Meliability vs. Abaddon: that'd probably end in a stalemate, Meliability has pain resistance and extremely high speed movement but an intangible opponent is not going to be able to be beaten by her either. Soulcaster is not likely to match those two against each other though, he rarely makes matches that are impossible to win.

OK. I'll make something up... later. 

9 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Soul caster is a fairly unique epic, and besides, where was lady deathskull from? And the fact that he can die without dying and in doing so practice some moves that would almost definitely kill someone unless done perfectly? Also, people can still text other people with mobiles. Since the technology exists, surely someone has a communication link between Greece and America, even if it's just two vanillas who miss each other. That would probably end in someone leaking said information, not to mention all the epics who will worry that an even more powerful epic might come from across the sea. Why on earth do none of the epics fear that? I mean, the powerful ones like Steelheart make sense, but what about the lesser epics that rule lesser cities? Why don't they fear each other? It doesn't make much sense to me, unless...hmmm...

If you think about it, most Epics in this game are fairly unique Epics, and no one came from overseas to meet Lucentia. The books established no precedent whatsoever for overseas or even long distance communication via mobiles; and if it were possible, then it seems like David could have known a lot more about Babilar and Ildithia before he visited. Lady Deathskull is from Mexico, which isn't close to Oregon, but is at least part of the same general landmass, making migration from one to the other plausible. And as for why none of the powerful Epics fear threats from overseas, the most likely answer is that they don't, because the world has become much larger and more fragmented, so they have their hands full with local threats. 

I don't see why, if you want a foreign Epic, he can't be from Canada or Central America; or, if you really want him to be Greek, he couldn't have immigrated to the US or Canada prior to Calamity. 

Well, given that David has heard passing reference to several Epics from Europe (Rick O'Shea, among others), it is certainly plausible that an Epic overlord in Europe could have heard about certain unique Epics and places in America. And after all, there is at least some trade across the Atlantic through the motivator-making companies, which also means information passes around.

And finally, I believe Salem broadcasts globally, right? If you have the right equipment, you should be able to pick up the signals. So I find it plausible that Steampunk could be an observer in his city, as well as his citizens, and he could decide to go fight in person. 

4 hours ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Primary reason why no one would make that big a journey is, why would they? I mean crossing oceans at this point is fairly expensive resource wise and not really worth it for anything but trade. For lesser Epics it's to expensive and powerful Epics would need to leave whatever source of power and comfort they have behind, which is a pretty big risk unless they have both absolute means to reclaim their territory and proper defenses in place to keep someone else from taking over and even then probably not worth the effort.

In Steampunk's case for example, the trip would have to take months to really be worthwhile. Seeing as he himself is not a High Epic, the chances of someone powerful enough to take over by force showing up is fairly reasonable. An even larger problem would be whatever infrastructure left behind relying on his powers to keep the machinery function would pretty much decay and at that point there might not even be a city left period by the time he returns.
It's not an impossible trip but it would also have some fairly major consequences for his life.

31 minutes ago, RippleGylf said:

Apologies for being nonexistent for a while... Anything I should know about?

From what I can remember, nothing really happened around Lifewood, so she should still be stalking around the KFC.
Candyflame is in the Museum and hasen't been directly interacted with, although I think the museum is currently lowered to the ground. (Can anyone else remember if Lightwards bothered to raise it again?)
Salem moved on to the next day but I'm not all that involved with it, so not sure what exactly that means for Heartsleeve. If she was still involved in any scenes you might have to wrap how that turned out in a flash back with the others.

Also, welcome back. :)

Edited by Edgedancer

4 hours ago, Quiver said:

I...am seriously stuck on what to do in Salem with Sentry. Sorry.

... Maybe wrap up the scene with Heartsleeve? Have her wake up the next morning, mind still heavy about the poster situation, before getting back to work, furiously trying to connect the dots?

I just realized. The RP's have no end goal. They won't ever end! It will just keep progressing further and further along the plot-line, changing as it wants/needs. Does anyone have any clue what ANY of the RP's goals are? I don't think Salem has one. Portland, I believe, will finish once one of the factions win, or something. And then there's Corvallis. It's the only Oregon RP I haven't completely read through, so... any thoughts on this astonishing revelation?

P.S. Welcome back @RippleGylf, good to see you again. 

Edited by ShadowLord_Lith

47 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

I just realized. The RP's have no end goal. They won't ever end! It will just keep progressing further and further along the plot-line, changing as it wants/needs. Does anyone have any clue what ANY of the RP's goals are? I don't think Salem has one. Portland, I believe, will finish once one of the factions win, or something. And then there's Corvallis. It's the only Oregon RP I haven't completely read through, so... any thoughts on this astonishing revelation?

The goal (well, not technically a goal; more of a foregone conclusion) is to destroy Oregon. So each thread will end when its city is destroyed. 

8 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

The goal (well, not technically a goal; more of a foregone conclusion) is to destroy Oregon. So each thread will end when its city is destroyed. 

Isn't that highly subjective? Some would say that Portland has already been destroyed with all the turf wars and all that.

But yeah. I agree with Shadowlord. Salem doesn't seem to be set on a path to go up in flames just yet.

MUTANT PANDAS MUTANT PANDAS MUTANT PANDAS MUTANT PANDAS MUTANT PONIES MUTANT PANDAS MUTANT PANDAS

25 minutes ago, breakingamber said:

Isn't that highly subjective? Some would say that Portland has already been destroyed with all the turf wars and all that.

But yeah. I agree with Shadowlord. Salem doesn't seem to be set on a path to go up in flames just yet.

MUTANT PANDAS MUTANT PANDAS MUTANT PANDAS MUTANT PANDAS MUTANT PONIES MUTANT PANDAS MUTANT PANDAS

"Destroyed" meaning, in this case, "left uninhabitable by all creatures except insects, foragers, and humans who don't mind living in piles of rubble." Basically, when the city is so far gone that the Epics lose interest in controlling it, it's destroyed. 

11 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Other than the reckoners, does anyone really have a reason to take down Salem? I mean, it's fairly stable, definitely popular, and the epics that enjoy the place would gladly help defend it (I think...). I just don't see how Salem will go down easy. My Maer, Voidus, Twi, Quiver, Edge, and everyone who's posted on the WHIO thread, congrats on creating three: hard to break, insanely crazy, nightmarishly complex, super-villain infested cities. And good luck taking down your creations. I think we'll all need it. 

5 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Other than the reckoners, does anyone really have a reason to take down Salem? I mean, it's fairly stable, definitely popular, and the epics that enjoy the place would gladly help defend it (I think...). I just don't see how Salem will go down easy. My Maer, Voidus, Twi, Quiver, Edge, and everyone who's posted on the WHIO thread, congrats on creating three: hard to break, insanely crazy, nightmarishly complex, super-villain infested cities. And good luck taking down your creations. I think we'll all need it. 

If nothing else works, I have the mergency proctocols to tear down everything. Everything.:mellow:

Maybe some carefully placed assassinations?

Soulcaster's death? (definitely not.)

Steampunk's invading army from Greece?

It's getting really hard to get into a mindset for Marco. Anyone want him? If not, then I'll write a post portraying his death or something.

Random thought: We seem to have some extremely insane/different Epic in each city. Portland has Funtimes, Astoria has the Financier, the Dalles got Shiny Sparkle and the panda guy for a limited time only! Insane Epics for 12.99!

Does Antithesis really count for the Dalles?

Edited by breakingamber

1 hour ago, breakingamber said:

Maybe some carefully placed assassinations?

Soulcaster's death? (definitely not.)

Steampunk's invading army from Greece?

It's getting really hard to get into a mindset for Marco. Anyone want him? If not, then I'll write a post portraying his death or something.

Random thought: We seem to have some extremely insane/different Epic in each city. Portland has Funtimes, Astoria has the Financier, the Dalles got Shiny Sparkle and the panda guy for a limited time only! Insane Epics for 12.99!

Does Antithesis really count for the Dalles?

What about Salem?  Who is the insane one there?

On 10/26/2016 at 6:36 AM, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

If you think about it, most Epics in this game are fairly unique Epics, and no one came from overseas to meet Lucentia. The books established no precedent whatsoever for overseas or even long distance communication via mobiles; and if it were possible, then it seems like David could have known a lot more about Babilar and Ildithia before he visited. Lady Deathskull is from Mexico, which isn't close to Oregon, but is at least part of the same general landmass, making migration from one to the other plausible. And as for why none of the powerful Epics fear threats from overseas, the most likely answer is that they don't, because the world has become much larger and more fragmented, so they have their hands full with local threats. 

I don't see why, if you want a foreign Epic, he can't be from Canada or Central America; or, if you really want him to be Greek, he couldn't have immigrated to the US or Canada prior to Calamity. 

Because he believes himself to be the incarnation of Haphaestus himself, one of the council of twelve, plus i just really like Greece. Oh and his cousin(emphasis on the word cousin) who is in canada.

Edited by DreamLord_Erith

15 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Impressive writing, especially since no human has ever done something like that. We're all getting rather good at turning what we imagine into a fictional reality express in a way that allows others to read it. I expect that's a good thing.^_^

Depends on if you define "completely messed up" as a good thing. 

And then Nighthound died. 
I'm always slightly disturbed at my own characters particular... interactions.