[M:Secret History Spoilers] One-Eye Spike Man

CaptainRyan

What do you suppose a super powered cosmic entity would need genitals for???  Assuming there would be a reason...how crappy is it that one of the most powerful beings in the cosmere can't get his junk to grow back? I would feel ripped off...

He could technically regrow/grow anything he wanted, providing his cognitive perception of himnself has said qualities. So Saze could technically see himself as a giant green winged tentacled reptilian esque deity we all know and love but that moves in on ground that has troubles one rules attached.

I'm actually intrigued by only one eye spike. Do eye spikes allow you to see into the cognitive realm perhaps?

Kelsier/Sovereign had something close to the full set of Feruchemical powers. He might have just needed a spike there

If 'The Sovereign' had the Bands of Morning at that time then he would have been a full Allomancer and Feruchemist, no? Why would he need a spike at all if not to somehow connect to Kelsier.

If it was Marsh then he would not need the full set of both powers unless he was going to remove his spikes (which he seems to have not done), If it was Spook then he would have only needed Feruchemy. Depending on the method of Kelsier's return to the physical realm, he may have been without the Metallic Arts. The Bands may have been created to allow him access to these powers again.

Found this while reading through a q&a (I've never seen those, so lots of catching up). Thought it might have some relevance here.

DARXBANE (17 OCTOBER 2008)

The note to Spook states that Sazed hasn't yet figured out how to put souls back into bodies. Is he going to learn that skill eventually (I'm expecting a RAFO here, but I figured I'd ask anyway)?

BRANDON SANDERSON (17 OCTOBER 2008)

RAFO. (Sorry, but this is plot sensitive for a future series.)

http://www.theoryland.com/intvmain.php?i=727#24

If 'The Sovereign' had the Bands of Morning at that time then he would have been a full Allomancer and Feruchemist, no? Why would he need a spike at all if not to somehow connect to Kelsier.

The spike could've been  *how*  Kelsier got those Freuchemical powers.  Or spikes. We don't know how many might be there.

I'm on board with Kelsier getting himself a shiney new (possibly slightly used) body. The cognitive healing aspect perfectly explains the scars.

Regarding Sazed's naughty bits:

Sazed didn't regrow his parts because he didn't see himself with them. The same reason that a certain slave couldn't heal the brandings on his forehead.

Sazed COULD have healed himself however if he had been aware of Vasher's mental tricks.

*Im sorry for my English. I speak English as a second language.*

I wonder if Kelsier's body could be a combination of Soul Stamping and Hemalurgy. Sel is mentioned A LOT, Sel is next to Scadrial on the Cognitive Sphere, and Sel happens to be the place where people know how to attach souls to bodies. 

How would this work?

1. Shai the Forger is hunting for Hoid. I have a reddit WoB that he plans to use her again at some point. Shai's planet border's Kelsier's planet which really adds some plausibility. Kelsier also only has contact with Shai's planet as of yet. We know the two planets have a lot of contact in their histories. SInce Shai has the same hatred as Kelsier, and the two planets have been shown on screen to interact, AND Kelsier needs the exact magic system outlined in The Emperor's Soul. I think we can say that Shai helping Kelsier is not impossible.

2. Shai is old, but we have seen world hoppers from the book Elantris. People age strangely in the Cosmere when Worldhopping happens. If characters from Elantris are alive in Stormlight, then Shai can be alive during the events of Mistborn. 

3. Hemargy might be able to store a version of Soul Stamping. It is said that Hemelergy is one of the most interesting arts to the Cosmere. A spike could be charged with a Soul Stamp equivalent ability and used off world. This would be a work around for Sel magic not functioning far away from Sel.

2b. It also might be possible to attach one of those 'blue strings' to a body, thus linking a body to Sel that is technically not on Sel.

3. Ashravan, the Soul stamped King, needed to keep a metal tablet at all times to maintain his complex soul stamp. The metal tablet held the complex weave of stamps and connections that Shai had created. Kelsier's Spike could be a hemelergic version of that soul-script tablet. The oddity of Spike'd Kelsier could be solved if his spike were actually more akin to a Soul Stamp Tablet and not a true Scadrial spike.

We know that at least one other world can use spikes now. My guess would be Sel is at least one of the worlds that has learned how.

5. We learn in BoM that Kandra can grow  flesh and attach that grown flesh into another body. Perhaps a Kandra could grow flesh around Kelsier's bones (which were saved). Shai could stamp the bones to believe this flesh belonged to Kelsier's body. Shai's stamp could add scars to make the body seem to be Kelsier's. The scars are the most telling for me.  Kelsier's scars defined him, and seeing those scars makes me think someone grew him and stamped him a new body.

Conclusion.

Shai wouldn't need to craft a new Soul. She would just have to create a vessel so fitting for Kelsier that his soul would simply reattach. Shai is the only person we have seen attempt such an event, and Mistborn is trying to leach information about Sel into the plot. I think Shai is a likely crew member. 

Edited by teknopathetic

I haven't read any books taking place on Sel yet, so I can't comment on Soul Stamping.

I think it's more likely that Kelsier found a Perpendicularity, and somehow used that to cross over, possibly using a Spike to ground him in the Physical Realm.

I'm not sure how he would be able to do this, persay, since he was unable to at the Well, but that makes the most sense to me, especially considering he seems to have his original body back. It depends on where the other perpendicularitys are on the planet.

“Destroying the Pits, O scarred one. That was the only perpendicularity on this planet with any reasonable ease of access."

- Drifter (but lets be honest, probably Hoid), Chapter 1, Secret History

If we assume there is a perpendicularity at the south pole, opposite the Well, then that might be it, perhaps. 

Edited by Tasty Flesh

I haven't read any books taking place on Sel yet, so I can't comment on Soul Stamping.

I think it's more likely that Kelsier found a Perpendicularity, and somehow used that to cross over, possibly using a Spike to ground him in the Physical Realm.

I'm not sure how he would be able to do this, persay, since he was unable to at the Well, but that makes the most sense to me, especially considering he seems to have his original body back. It depends on where the other perpendicularitys are on the planet.

If we assume there is a perpendicularity at the south pole, opposite the Well, then that might be it, perhaps. 

Only two perpendicularities on Scadrial; Preservation's Shardpool (The Well of Ascension, where Kelsier was trapped) and Ruin's (the Pits of Hathsin).  Kel destroyed the Pits, so therefore Hoid's only alternative is the Well of Ascension.  Which naturally happens to be inside the most heavily guarded spot in all the Final Empire.  One can understand Hoid's annoyance.  

Only two perpendicularities on Scadrial; Preservation's Shardpool (The Well of Ascension, where Kelsier was trapped) and Ruin's (the Pits of Hathsin).  Kel destroyed the Pits, so therefore Hoid's only alternative is the Well of Ascension.

On the contrary, it does not say it was the only perpendicularity, it says it is the only one with "reasonable ease of access." If there were one on the southern pole, using it would be useless if you wanted to be in the northern hemisphere.

Are there perpendicularities which are not Shardpools?

The Pits would qualify. My understanding is that there was no Shardpool there.

WoBs suggest that there are other ways of traveling, but the Shardpools are essentially the most straightforward.

Elsecallers and Lightweavers on Roshar to not need a pool to transfer into Shadesmar, so I suspect they can at least originate their travel not at a Shardpool.