Whovians unite!

...This is an awkward confession, but everytime I see someone post in that new thread entitled 'Theme Song for Tien', my brain autocorrects it to 'Song for Ten' (that track from the Doctor Who OST!) and then I have to stare before I realise it's Tien :/ Mea culpa.

• 2 weeks later...

Favorite Doctor: #4 (Tom Baker)

Favorite Dr. #4 Quote:

"Yes of course I'm being childish. What's the good of being grown-up if you can't be childish when you want to?"

(from the ep "Robot")

Favorite Companion: Sarah Jane Smith

Favorite Monster: Kroll & the Swampies ... 2nd choice would be the Daleks

Favorite Ep: "Warrior's Gate"

I've been a Whovian since the 1970s - - I was actually a card-carrying member of the Doctor Who Fan Club of America back then. One of my prized possessions is a pewter Tardis key (from Doctor #4's Tardis), worn on a black leather thong as a necklace: never fails to start conversations.

Since I don't have TV at all, haven't for at least a dozen years, I've only seen a few eps of the re-booted show, but it seems to me like they're doing a fine job reinvigorating the series.

[Edited: Added quote 6/19/15]

Edited by old aggie

I know only the 4 last Doctors and "my" Doctor is still Dr Ten, although I really love Matt Smith too.

My favourite monsters are the weeping angel; although they don’t really kill people, I find the whole concept of the living statues quite disturbing and scary (I live nearby a beautiful cathedral with an amazing number of gargoyles ... I don’t see them on the same light anymore now that I know of the angels ^^’’)

And Blink is one of my favourites episodes, the idea of the easter eggs in the DVD is terrific (and the sequence of the dialogue is memorable :P )

So I just finished season 7, and all I have to say is meh. It was the most disappointing ending to a season/doctor yet.

Favorite Doctor: Christopher Eccleston

Favorite Companion: Probably Donna

Favorite Monster: Cybermen, I like how, unlike the daleks, they are constantly improving.

Scariest Monster: Definitely the Weeping Angels.

Favorite Episode: It is a tie between The Doctor Dances/Empty Child and Blink

So I just finished season 7, and all I have to say is meh. It was the most disappointing ending to a season/doctor yet.

Favorite Doctor: Christopher Eccleston

Favorite Companion: Probably Donna

Favorite Monster: Cybermen, I like how, unlike the daleks, they are constantly improving.

Scariest Monster: Definitely the Weeping Angels.

Favorite Episode: It is a tie between The Doctor Dances/Empty Child and Blink

I liked Matt Smith's exit, but the season leading up to it was pretty underwhelming. Moffatt needs to get rid of Clara already. I mean, seriously, she has no personality besides "spunky and outspoken," whereas every previous companion had personality to spare. 

I've always wanted to see the Ninth Doctor traveling with Donna as a companion. Literally nothing would get done because they'd be too busy sassing each other, but the dialogue would be brilliant. 

I've always wanted to see the Ninth Doctor traveling with Donna as a companion. Literally nothing would get done because they'd be too busy sassing each other, but the dialogue would be brilliant. 

This needs to happen. Like right now.

Been watching Dr. Who since the 80's.

Favourite Doctor: Tom Baker(#4)

Favourite Monster: Daleks (Exterminate!)

Scariest Monster: Cybermen

Favourite Companion: Rose Tyler (Billie Piper)

Favourite Episode: Blink

Favourite Classic Episode: Inferno

Favourite Doctor: I love Tom Baker too but "my" doctor, based on the timings and when I watched it regularly, is #5 (Peter Davidson, aka Father-in-Law to #10 ... way to mess with my head  :blink: ).New Who: I loved Matt Smith but didn't think he was well served by his scripts. Plus, here in the UK they kept messing with the scheduling so the show would be on at a different time every week and seasons were split in half so that story arcs, which were confusing enough, became baffling.

Favourite Monster: Daleks (as long as they're not the diabolical "disco daleks" of the Victory of the Daleks, affectionately named the "jammy dodger" episode in our house). Honourable mention to the terrifying Weeping Angels.

Favourite Companion: Classic: I had a soft spot for Ace and her love of explosives! Modern: Martha - I really wished she'd lasted longer and been better developed.

Favourite Episode: Classic - Caves of Adrozonai. Modern: The Doctor Dances/Empty Child.

Interestingly, we showed our older children (aged 10 & 12) some classic Who when it was on TV. They were transfixed, despite the wobbly sets and monsters that looked like sock puppets! They adore Tom Baker and are official K9 fans! We showed them some modern Who and they were completely bemused. They found it far too frenetic and kept asking what was going on! I think there was something to be said for the very leisurely pace of classic Who compared to the whizzy bangs of the reboot!

So, I seem to be under the impression I'd filled this in, but I hadn't, so here goes.

Favorite Doctor: War (John Hurt)--What do you mean he only got one episode? Fine, fine, I'd go with Ten (David Tennant) then :P
Favorite Companion: Sarah Jane Smith. School Reunion led me to the older episodes and her series and it was fantastic.
Favorite Monster: Daleks :P Can't beat a bunch of pepper-pots going "Ex-ter-mi-nate!" We even cracked a joke about that in alien ethics class.
Scariest Monster: I'd have said 'the Weeping Angels', but then I went back to my old school to visit my lit teacher, and he gave me a Weeping Angel figurine as a memento since he had too many (lol I can believe him) and bravely put it on my nightstand (because I like to live dangerously.) Since then, I can't really say 'the Weeping Angels', can I? :P So, I guess it's the Vashta Nerada.
Favorite Episode: Hard to say. I really liked Gridlock and The Rings of Akhaten, but I think I'm going to have to go with School Reunion. The speech by Sarah Jane, about how everything had its time really stuck with me. I just paused the episode and rewound it a couple of times >>

Favourite Monster: Daleks (as long as they're not the diabolical "disco daleks" of the Victory of the Daleks, affectionately named the "jammy dodger" episode in our house). Honourable mention to the terrifying Weeping Angels.

You mean to tell me you didn't like the Power Ranger Daleks?!!? I was so looking forward to them coming back...and then they never did.

All joking aside, I agree that they were rather...weak...in comparison to other Dalek showings.

You mean to tell me you didn't like the Power Ranger Daleks?!!? I was so looking forward to them coming back...and then they never did.

All joking aside, I agree that they were rather...weak...in comparison to other Dalek showings.

THIS.

Seriously, the week that episode premiered, me and my friends kept making fun of those designs for that EXACT reason.

I love how they spent an episode (and the cliffhanger the previous week) building up to those guys...and every episode since they've used the old models instead.

I love how they spent an episode (and the cliffhanger the previous week) building up to those guys...and every episode since they've used the old models instead.

Well, they are Power Rangers, so you can't very well have more than one color on the team. There can only be one Red Dalek Ranger, after all, and same goes for the rest of the team.  :P

Well, they are Power Rangers, so you can't very well have more than one color on the team. There can only be one Red Dalek Ranger, after all, and same goes for the rest of the team.  :P

Yeah, but if that's the case, where is the crossovers?

I demand they air Forever Dalek this year!

I thought I had posted here. Apparently I hadn't.  :huh:

Favorite Doctor: First off, I should probably clarify that I haven't seen much classic!Who, but what little I saw, I more or less enjoyed. I think that every Doctor had something to add to the show, and so it's reeeeally hard to pick a favorite. But I'd have to say that Eleven is my favorite. :D Though I do love Twelve. Again, so hard to choose just one...

Favorite TARDIS: The TARDIS changes almost as much as the Doctor. :P I love Twelve's interior decoration the best. Come on. It's full of books, guys!

Favorite Companion: Donna is just awesome. She totally should've met Nine. But I also loved Amy and Rory a lot, especially towards the end of their arc.

I do like Clara, but honestly I kinda wish she wouldn't come back for Season 9.  <_< We need a new companion, already!

I've seen some great ideas around about who would make a great companion. Among my favorites are 1) an old no-nonsense Chinese lady, 2) brother and sister, and 3) a guy who stays on of his own volition and not because of a love interest.

Favorite Villain: It's a toss-up between the Master and the Weeping Angels.

The Master is fascinating (and I loved Derek Jacobi in the role, brief though it was), but I honestly have no idea how s/he's still alive.

The Angels have got to be the coolest concept I've seen. "They're the only psychopaths in the universe to kill you nicely." Just so long as they don't send me to the Middle Ages. :ph34r:

I also liked the Silence quite a bit.

The Cybermen take the cake for freakiest villain. I don't know why, they're just plain creepy.

Favorite Episode: Hands down "Vincent and the Doctor." That episode... all the feels. And van Gogh is an amazing artist. ^_^

Edited by Slowswift

New head canon.

Zed looks so messed up normally because of a previous encounter with the Doctor. The tubes are a life support system keeping him alive after whatever horrible encounter he had with the Doctor.

(Zed was in the Time War? Might explain why Zordon didn't have a physical body, if he was in the War too.)

I thought I had posted here. Apparently I hadn't.  :huh:

Favorite Doctor: First off, I should probably clarify that I haven't seen much classic!Who, but what little I saw, I more or less enjoyed. I think that every Doctor had something to add to the show, and so it's reeeeally hard to pick a favorite. But I'd have to say that Eleven is my favorite. :D Though I do love Twelve. Again, so hard to choose just one...

Favorite TARDIS: The TARDIS changes almost as much as the Doctor. :P I love Twelve's interior decoration the best. Come on. It's full of books, guys!

Favorite Companion: Donna is just awesome. She totally should've met Nine. But I also loved Amy and Rory a lot, especially towards the end of their arc.

I do like Clara, but honestly I kinda wish she wouldn't come back for Season 9.  <_< We need a new companion, already!

I've seen some great ideas around about who would make a great companion. Among my favorites are 1) an old no-nonsense Chinese lady, 2) brother and sister, and 3) a guy who stays on of his own volition and not because of a love interest.

Favorite Villain: It's a toss-up between the Master and the Weeping Angels.

The Master is fascinating (and I loved Derek Jacobi in the role, brief though it was), but I honestly have no idea how s/he's still alive.

The Angels have got to be the coolest concept I've seen. "They're the only psychopaths in the universe to kill you nicely." Just so long as they don't send me to the Middle Ages. :ph34r:

I also liked the Silence quite a bit.

The Cybermen take the cake for freakiest villain. I don't know why, they're just plain creepy.

Favorite Episode: Hands down "Vincent and the Doctor." That episode... all the feels. And van Gogh is an amazing artist. ^_^

I forgot about that episode but yes ... it is really, truly an amazing one. Beautifully paced and scripted and proper intelligent sci-fi. Just amazing (and sad).

Have you ever seen early cybermen (around Patrick Troughton's time?): https://mindreels.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/cybermen.jpg

I don't know if creepy is the word or whether downright weird is a better definition  :D. I think it's the blank expressionlessness (is that even a word?) that does it.

I forgot about that episode but yes ... it is really, truly an amazing one. Beautifully paced and scripted and proper intelligent sci-fi. Just amazing (and sad).

I completely forgot about the Master and Vincent, that one was actually kind of sad.

I love that episode. Total tearjerker.