The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

2 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

:P Results don't come in until a long while. She was saying the test went well :P 

Oohh. Okay. Guess I really am Slow. :P 

See, I 1) do not live where y'all live, so things are most assuredly different there, and 2) I've heard stories of the Horrid Midterms, but I either didn't have to take them myself for whatever reason or they weren't as intense here as I'd been led to believe. 

Edited by Slowswift

Oh yeah

I got 100% in my art assignment. :D 

image.jpg

Everyone else did boxes XD

And also I was bored and did these in class :D Drawing makes me happy

image.jpg\

Maths

image.jpg

Photography

image.jpg

English

*sigh everything uploads upside down, even when I deliberately upload it upside down in the hope it uploads right side up -. -

Sorry for any inconvenience:P

Today was exhausting, but good.

For over a year now I've been working on an app called "Monash Rocks" for the Monash Earth Sciences Garden (not full time, but considerable amounts over the course of the project). We held the official launch event today and it went well :)

We've still got a couple of major bugs to fix, a number of smaller bugs and tweaks to make and an android build to test and deploy but I'm very happy with what our team has made :)

The only part of the app that actually requires being on location is the part that displays where you are in the rock garden and directs you to specific rocks. The information, Augmented Reality components and virtual sea floor all work anywhere.

Edit: realised I should have attached the markers for launching the AR components just in case anyone decided to take a look :ph34r:

(Also to be clear, this is an educational app, there's nothing monetised about it. I just wanted to share :) )

Monash Rocks Crinoid AR Marker.jpg

Monash Rocks Dunkleosteus AR marker.jpg

Monash Rocks Nautiloid AR marker.jpg

Edited by Claincy

2 hours ago, Datan Nomlibash said:

I finally able to stick to a workout routine and over the past four weeks I have lost ~22 pounds.

Also I finally gathered enough rep to rank up on the shard.

Life is good☺

Wow, congrats on both counts!!

24 minutes ago, Delightful said:

The churchgoers are going themselves, or they're sponsoring a team of....professionals (?)

Usually, with church missions trips of this sort, the church will send money to a team already there. This team will have specialized knowledge and training; and any additional teams of volunteers who go will be there to help with side work, rather than working directly with survivors. 

26 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Usually, with church missions trips of this sort, the church will send money to a team already there. This team will have specialized knowledge and training; and any additional teams of volunteers who go will be there to help with side work, rather than working directly with survivors. 

Aha. That makes a lot more sense.