Slater

Favourite Character of Warbreaker

Favorite Character in Warbreaker   279 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite character in Warbreaker

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

85 posts in this topic

Nightblood absolutely stole the show, IMO.

Nightblood was my personal favorite because he provided a strange wrench in the story. A combination of things.

Lightsong was like the male lazy Lift, and I enjoyed his philosophies. You've gotta love the scenes with him and Blushweaver. And him, handing her a sheet of what their conversation was going to be was hilarious. BS perfected the random uselessness and his final act of kindness to Susebron was heart warming.

On 7/9/2018 at 4:17 PM, Quantus said:

Llarimar for me. I guess you could consider him an adjunct to Lightsong, but there interaction is some of my favorite of the whole cosmere, and gun-to-my-head Id have to say that Llarimar is my favorite of the two. 

The payoff to their arc is one of the best things in all of all Brandon's works. Also the scene close to the end where Llarimar finally lashes out at Lightsong "You were an ACCOUNTANT ... you were one of the greatest men I've ever known. You were my brother".  "you are a god, at least to me." I get teared up thinking about it and I'm not the type to very often. 

I have to choose Nightblood even though it feels like a cheat. Brandon does magical companions really well, I love all the radiant Spren we've met. Nightblood's cheery optimism about dark deeds plays well against Vasher's world-weary cynicism. 

Edited by Child of Hodor

I personally chose Vasher because I like the mysterious ways his character works, and his strange backstory. If Shashara was up there, I would've chosen her. I'd like to see her motivation for creating Nightblood, and her descent into (what I assume is) madness. And they're both Cosmere-significant! 

22 minutes ago, Child of Hodor said:

I have to choose Nightblood even though it feels like a cheat. Brandon does magical companions really well, I love all the radiant Spren we've met. Nightblood's cheery optimism about dark deeds plays well against Vasher's world-weary cynicism. 

Same here on the love of his magical companions, and for this exact reason I was thinking of Nightblood the entire time I was watching the new Venom movie. If you havent seen it I suspect you will enjoy it.

I loved Denth, but to be honest this book did grab really grab my attention with the characters. Its probably due to Siri taking up a good portion of the book and I found her POV pretty boring. I also liked Vivienna and her character growth. I wish that she could have been more focused on over Siri. I don't hate Siri and the story was still pretty good. Can't wait for the sequel and get more details on Vasher, Vivenna, and Nightblood.:D

Vasher + 1

He doesn't "do people" very well but he is learned and his heart is in the right place.  Mostly, I dig his grumpy demeanor and efficiency/proficiency/general badassery with with his craft.  Expecting he will be an interesting and enlightening character to follow throughout the Cosmere.