Mistborn Movie Casting

Chaos

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2021 at 0:36 PM, Kal4 said:

hello, i just made a list for my thoughts on the cast. I belive Dafne Keen would make the best Vin, also Michael Fassbender is my option for Kelsier, I believe he would fit well with his darker side. 
please check the rest of the list and let me know your thoughts. 

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls084529398/

Mostly looks quite good, well done.

That said, I can't stand the idea of Woody Harrelson as Breeze :)

On 05/01/2021 at 5:50 PM, Bearer of all agonies said:

I also immediatly thought that Eliot Page would be perfect for Vin, I guess we all think he is perfect for the role. 

He's too old now. A decade ago, maybe.

I also back Keen, or someone new. I also, however, think having Vin as someone mixed race would carry a lot of thematic significance, especially if they made the World of Scadrial colour blind.

My favourite call for Kel is still Tom Hiddleston, and Marsh is Mark Strong.

On 1/12/2021 at 4:37 AM, IndigoAjah said:

I also back Keen, or someone new. I also, however, think having Vin as someone mixed race would carry a lot of thematic significance, especially if they made the World of Scadrial colour blind.

Vin kinda looks Asian on the cover of Hero of Ages, so there is that.

I would like Saze to be voiced by either a deep voiced woman or a high pitched man. This is because Sazed is a eunuch and never went through male puberty so his voice should be higher pitched. A transwoman who never went through male puberty would be perfect for the voice.

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

• 1 month later...
On 1/18/2021 at 7:07 AM, Kingsdaughter613 said:

I would like Saze to be voiced by either a deep voiced woman or a high pitched man. This is because Sazed is a eunuch and never went through male puberty so his voice should be higher pitched. A transwoman who never went through male puberty would be perfect for the voice.

I agree.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone like Rodrigo Santoro as Lord Ruler? (He was Xerxes in 300 and I think he resembles Ben Barnes a lot, which was my other choice)

For some reason I see Henry Cavill whenever I read Ham.

I always thought a blond Hugh Jackman would be a great Kelsier hahahaha or maybe Bill Skarsgard with Gustaf Skarsgard as Marsh. Could Sam Claflin be a good Kelsier?

Dafne Keen could be a good Vin, but I would prefer someone that is not in a famous fantasy franchise already.

Louis Partridge from Enola Holmes could be a good Elend. And please let Burn Gorman be an Inquisitor or an Obligator.

Karl Urban as Dockson! But it's another case of being in another famous series.

Colin Firth could be a good Breeze or Dockson as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think Summer Glau fits the role better, in my head at least. I know it’s difficult, but I wish someone younger, actual teenage age, could play vin. As for RDJ playing kelsier, he might be too old. Can we please get Tom Hiddleston in here somewhere?

Edited by STAG

On 5/27/2021 at 5:33 PM, STAG said:

I think Summer Glau fits the role better, in my head at least. I know it’s difficult, but I wish someone younger, actual teenage age, could play vin. As for RDJ playing kelsier, he might be too old. Can we please get Tom Hiddleston in here somewhere?

Hiddleston cameos as Hoid.

I love Glau as Vin, but I don’t know if she can still play a teenager.

I think Jim Caviezel would make a fantastic Kelsier (or, even better, Waxillium). Personally, I'm not sure there are any well-known actors out there that could play Vin. If it ends up happening, I think they would have to bring in someone who hasn't made it big yet. I think Ben Kingsley would make a great Sazed, although he's a little on the older side now. George Clooney or Hugh Jackman might be a good Lord Ruler. If Alan Rickman were still around, I think he would've made a wonderful Breeze. As he isn't, I think Paul Bettany or Benedict Cumberbatch would do a great job. I think Taika Waititi would be incredible as Wayne because he not only has the accent to go with it but that's also the kind of character he always plays. Dave Bautista or Dwayne Johnson would be good choices for Ham. I think Mark Ruffalo would be a good Marsh. Tom Holland would be a great Spook. That's my list based on actors I know of but I think many of these characters would be better with unknown actors that fit the parts best.

Edited by Jruesch2

• 4 weeks later...

esther-keyes-the-handmaid-s-tale-1452799I just watched the first episode of The Handmaid’s Tale series 4, and Mckenna Grace was superb! Without saying anything very spoilery, she nailed emotionally tragic, a little brutal, and being tough and sensitive all at once.

I could totally see her as Vin.

Thoughts?

Edited by matt1.
Photo added.

On 26.6.2021 at 9:22 PM, matt1. said:

Without saying anything very spoilery, she nailed emotionally tragic, a little brutal, and being tough and sensitive all at once.

I could totally see her as Vin.

Thoughts?

Vin needs to have a pragmatic side and she is a killer.

• 1 month later...

Big movie studios ruin everything, so I'm going to give my opinions with a smaller studio (read: more of a budget) in mind who would give the Dragonsteel crew more control. 

Kel - Stephen Amell: He's 40, fit, and blonde. He played a killer with his heart in the right place in the first season of Arrow. But can he be inspiring and funny like Kel? Maybe with a better director than the CW could afford.

Vin - Amber Midthunder (from Legion). Has already played a decent badass with vulnerabilities.

TLR - I'm going to let budget slide a little here because TLR probably needs to be on set a fraction of the time of the leads. I mean I'd really like to see Bruce Campbell in this, but he's too old (obviously not chronologically) and might make the movie seem to zany (he plays a good serious role but the audience expectation might be a problem). There are similar problems with my other choices: Robert Carlysle, Gary Oldman, Javier Bardem. If we gender swapped (no reason not to, really): Michelle Forbes.

Saze - Rodrigo Santoro as Xerxes from 300 is pretty much how I picture Sazed. But I doubt that guy looks like that anymore. 300 came out when I was in college, so the dude's at least 12 years older now. 

• 2 weeks later...

I love summer glau, Rdj and Nathan Fillion, but sadly they are all too old. I can see Cillian Murphy pulling off Kelsier, And Elle fanning as vin. Eddie Redmayne would make a good Elend, Jeremy irons as Sazed, or even Robert Downey junior, but my fave would be Hugh Jackman.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/2/2021 at 7:41 PM, elisium said:

She’s obviously too young now, but I doubt we’d get an actual MB movie for several years, so I think Millie Bobby Brown might make a pretty good Vin in 5-10 years. 

Vin is actually supposed to be sixteen in the first book, so I think she would be fine.